Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2019

This morning I did Sydney CUmmings 30 minute on youtube and then tried out a new step instructor I also found on youtube. This said intermediate but the first combo (which is the only one I got through) was very basic. Sydney's was a good, all lower body weight workout - no cardio.

Reactions: WD
No workout for me today, I forgot that i have a Dentist appointment so that's the way it goes!

Debbie, great job on the Raw Workout today. How do i do that workout, is it on her website or on YouTube? I love anything with a step now days.

Doreen, thanks for posting that step workout, i am going to do it just for fun. I am so bad at dancing type step workouts, this one looks basic and i can add risers to get a better workout. Great job on the workout today.

BBL to read other posts. My dog is doing really well today. I found out that they can get irregular heartbeats like us by being low in Electrolytes and CoQ10. I orders some on Amazon, they will be here tomorrow.

Have a lovely Fall day!

Hi everyone,

I am back from the doctor. I had the appointment with a different doctor, had to cancel than reschedule too many times. Anyway, she was a little concerned about the infection in my finger, but didn't wanted me to take more antibiotics (I already had 2 rounds) since the infection didn't clear up. She wants me to use a different antibiotics ointment. I still have too keep my finger covered and soak it a few times a day. The swelling in my finger went down a little. I hope with the antibiotoc ointment it will go down even more. If it doesn't clear up/or get worse/red line going up my finger I have to get hospitalized. I hope it will not come to this. I did ask about MRSA/STAF, she did explained both and what to look out for. She doesn't think had it. I have non of the sign/syndromes. Thank goodness! I also got the Flu shot today. She also wanted me to get the Shingles Vaccine? I have to read up on it, I don't know anything about it. Who got the Shingles Vaccine?

I will get my workout in. BBL!

Today I had PT. I discussed some stretches for my lats and back with her and she showed me some moves to help with that. She added in another move. Since the two she mentioned had caused pain after I did them (the abcs while lying down with a db in the air and ball circles on the wall) she decided to hold off on adding them back in yet. Things are going well. Hoping for a good workout tomorrow along with my PT exercises.

Debbie, I need to look and see if I have that workout written down in my Raw folder. Wonder if I could get away with just doing the lower portions. Does she do a lot of boxing moves in it? For some reason it sounds familiar to me.

Doreen, maybe the step workout gets a bit better than just basic further in. That is the step they use in the Les Mills Step workouts on their streaming.

Jolie, I would check dosage for the dogs. It is sad that most dog foods are not really nutritionally sound. I read one vet said to add some veggies to your dog food. I miss getting a workout in this morning, but felt I needed sleep more than a workout before I went to PT. Hopefully I will get a good workout in tomorrow. Coffey FIt Raw is Kelly's streaming channel on VHX. She is getting ready to have her own app. I use my Roku. Her step workouts are not difficult, but still fun. She often mixes some boxing into them. You might really like them. She also does quite a few workouts that are cardio and weight intervals.

Belinda, my doctor recommended the shingrix vaccine this year. I got it at my local pharmacy. It is given in two doses which are done 2 months apart. With Medicare mine was 69 dollars each vaccine. My husband had shingles once and I do not want to get that at all. My arm was sore for a week after each vaccine and it made me feel a little crummy. They said that was normal when I went back for the second one.
I sure hope that ointment works and your finger is on the mend. Maybe take some oil of oregano since it is supposed to be antibacterial.

Diane - There is only one section that has boxing and it isn't much. Everything is done in 30 second intervals. It is really fun, I see this one being my favorite workout on RAW.

Belinda - Glad you got your finger looked at. Hope it gets better soon. I haven't had a shingles shot yet but my mom has had them. I probably should get one. I'm not a big fan of these shots, I've never had a flu shot.

Jolie - I sort of remember the RAW Channel being a pain to set up but she and her IT person helped me. I use it on my Smart TV.

Today I did Cathe Live Barre with weights. I didnt use weights still had a great workout.

Debbie - thank you! I was very nerves getting the flue shot, like you I am not a big fan. The doc told me today a lot of people died from the flu last year :( That changed my mind. She also advised me to get the shingles shot. I am reading up on it this weekend. Great job as always.

Jolie - hope your dental appointment went well today.

Roselyn - great job!

As far as immunizations, I am on the fence. I like taking care of myself without meds as much as possible. It is best to be aware of the things that these things can cause that they do not mention. I was a bit worried when I was listening to a Chiropractic/ naturopathic doc John Bergman on youtube talking about being able to cure arthritis. He mentions something to the effect that these immunizations are causing increases in auto immune disease like RA and other things even in children. He shows all of these cases and makes sense. But of course he is going to make some medical professionals angry. He mentions exactly what medical protocol is for these diseases and explains why a lot of the things do not need to be done. They are not looking at what has caused the problem up to that point. He doesn't think that mri's are that reliable in diagnosing. I also like to watch The Motivational Doc Dr Mendell on youtube. He is another Chiro doctor. He just shows bone issues and talks about health problems. He shows ways you can do things at home and also suggests supplements and herbs to take care of things instead of over the counter meds and prescriptions. He gives dietary suggestions as well. Anyway, I try to take it things and read up on them to try and be informed.
Check things out if you are unsure. I have had some bad flu viruses and pneumonia in the past, so I am really not wanting it again. There is a lot to think about.

Debbie, I looked and I have done that workout. Here is the breakdown that I have written down.

Raw Step Drills and Compound Moves (uses step and Kelly uses 12# dumbbells) 37 minutes

3 minute warm up
cardio
squat high/high pull
side lunge rows
repeat

cardio
reverse lunge/curls right
plank rows
repeat doing the left

cardio
1 dumbbell preacher curl right in plie position
split squat/butterfly with two dumbbells held together
repeat doing left

cardio
close stance squat/hammer curl
curtsy lunge off step/lateral raise
repeat

cardio
clean from the hip
side step/snatch right
repeat doing left
cardio finish
2 minute cooldown

Yesterday i ended up going to my Chiro to get adjusted after i went to the dentist. My right hip has been killing me lately. Come to find out, my right Kidney was dropped and it is part of the problem. It has to do with L1 and L2 in the spine, which was out so i got that fixed up. I think i might have some sort of kidney infection, mild, or a kidney stone issue. I went on Amazon and got some "stone crush" product that i have used in the past and will be on that for about 2 weeks to see if that is the problem. Everyone gets stones sooner or later so even if that isn't the problem i am doing kidney maintenance and that is a good thing. I am really sore from my adjustments, i had double whip lash in my neck, we assume from stress, so i am laying low today. My hip only hurts when i sit, never when i am up and about. I was complaining to my Chiro friend about my back issue and he scolded me saying, " if this is the worst health issue you have to deal with in your life, this is easy to fix!" I guess he is right, i can always get adjusted where most people the fix is hard for health issues. So, i am smiling today and going with the flow. My only problem is, i am getting really bored with my workouts. What to do going forward? Les Mills is what i am thinking, but Doreen sure finds some interesting workouts as well. I really miss my Treadmill, i am hoping to get it fixed but it will cost $600! It is a $3,500 TM so the motor is expensive. I love it because it has an extra long deck for people with long strides. I don't want to join a gym just to walk on the TM, i always get sick when i go to the gym. :(

Watching football all day long today, my sons game is against Utah State and it is on at 7pm tonight. He might be moving to Tight End next year because he cant seem to gain the extra 30 pounds to be a line man. He is only 19 years old so it has been hard for him. He has more of a Gonk physique, from the Patriots. Boring for you all i know, i love football!

Make it a great Saturday.

Good morning,

Went for a long outside walk today.

Jolie - I hope you feel better. Have you tried indoor walks? They actually a lot of fun for walking.

Diane - great job this morning. With all the viruses going around I don't want to get sick either. I am aware of what's in those vaccinations. On the other hand I don't want to take a risk on getting the flu or shingles. You are right there is a lot to think about.

Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

This morning I did Jessica Smith walking strong Build Balanc3 and inner strength core control, 31 minutes, 1,588 steps, 163 calories, heart rate 124 average, 155 max, Walk Strong and have fun step and stride, 29 minutes, 3,199 steps, 184 calories, heart rate average 135, max 157. I finished w with a bit of foam roller and Jane Adam's 7 yoga practices, desk work, 27 minutes, 63 calories, 15 steps. Total time 87 minutes, 410 calories, 4,o82 steps. I also did some PT earlier.

Belinda, I was just posting the moves in the workout Debbie did. Nice that you got in a walk.

Jolie, I bet you are glad that you got to the chiropractor. I never have known anyone that has had kidney stones. Do you think maybe one of your supplements could be causing problems?

I did Rockout Knockout this morning - just getting around to posting. I used glove and the heavy bag for as much as possible in the cardio sections - I skipped the combos and did the bonus heavy bag.

Fun workout with the bag but I need to add more water to the base.

Good job everyone on your workouts.

Happy Sunday. Today i feel really good, so i did Cathe Live Upper Body with Ball, workout #136. As you know, this is one of my favorite upper body workouts. Workout was 1 hour 6 minutes, i had to pause a few times to set up, and i burned 432 calories. I did not lift as heavy as i typically do for this workout because i just got my back adjusted and i don't want to screw it up!

Diane Sue, I might have kidney stones from coffee, who knows, but i drink this product and it either breaks them up so you can pass them easily, or it makes them into a gel like consistency. If i dont have stones, it will help with kidney function and support so it is good to take even if there are no stones. I do have way less pain today since he adjusted my L1 which is tied to the kidney.

I am looking at used treadmills and i found a combo of a used treadmill, in great shape, i think it is a Proform and a Bowflex Max trainer comes with it for $600! It is kind of far away so i am not sure if i will go that far but what a great deal. I also found a Sole Tmill that was purchased in Jan of this year for $600. I would only pay $500 because that is high but i will be getting one soon.

Doreen, great job on the workout!

What brand Treadmills do you all have and do you like it? I am looking at Nordic Track, Sole and Bowflex.

Have a wonderful day.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on flu shots. My DH works at a nursing home and two years ago they made it mandatory for all workers to have the flu shot or wear a mask whenever they are near the elder if you didn't get the shot. He was not happy and in fact, he said two nurses - NURSES - that worked with him said they would not take the flu shot and that they would quit if they made them wear masks. So after they said that, a lot of other people did as well and they didn't make them take the shot. If nurses don't want to do it, what does that tell you? It tells me they know more than we do. Anyways, my question is - those people who passed away from having the flu: how do we know they did or did not have the flu shot? When the media says someone passes away from the flu they never say, "John Doe passed away from the flu today even though he had the flu shot or vica versa - he passed away and didn't have the flu show. That statistic isn't known. I wish they'd be more detailed about these things because we don't really know if the flu shot makes a difference or not.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. I don't trust them.

Diane - Thanks for posting that workout. It was fun, I want to do it again soon.

Jolie - I have a ProForm treadmill. Love it. Too bad you can't get the treadmill with the Max Trainer.

Great job with all your workouts this weekend. My eating was so bad, I really need to start eating better on the weekend. It kills all the work I've done during the week. I get so mad at myself.

See you all tomorrow!

Today I wanted to get in a bit of a workout. I have PT two mornings early this week and ladies game day gathering on Tuesday morning. Also am picking up my grandson on Friday as he gets out of school early and this is across town and I have not driven there myself yet and do not know the area. I will leave at least an hour early. So, anyway, I did a few PT exercises and stretches followed by Jessica Smith Walk Strong have a ball. That was 33 minutes, 185 calories, heart rate average 129, max 161. We had family brunch after church today. I decided to have salad this evening after having an enchilada and chips and queso for lunch.

Debbie, my daughter who is a doctor gets the flu shot and does not worry about it. I have asked at our doctor's office since my husband always said he got the flu after a flu shot. They said you can get mild symptoms and some shots are not effective against some flu viruses. I got it once when I had had the vaccine. My husband gets his at work most of the time. He happened to be there when they were immunizing the staff and they gave him one. This is at an mental health clinic. The one I got this year covered 4 strains. I didn't know there was different shots and they told me there is two, one is for 3 strains and is recommended for those that have lung problems. That was the first time I got one at a pharmacy before. I usually get them at my doctors office. The flu can be no joke. My daughter got the h1n1 and was so sick. If I remember right she had not got the flu shot yet that year. I usually end up watching the sick grandchildren when they have the flu so there parents can go to work. I was always glad I had got the shot. For awhile my husband fought the shot, but every year I had to nurse him back to health because he always s got it and then it ended up leaving him with a sinus infection on top of it. No flu now for 5 years since I got him to get the shot. Not everyone gets the shot. Many say if you do constant handwashing and avoid the germs you have a good chance of avoiding it. The only thing is people that get the flu are contagious before the symptoms. I took my granddaughter to the urgent care to see what was wrong last year and she had the flu. I guess there are risks both ways. I have only had 3 really bad cases of flu in my adult life that I can remember. Two were so bad I could barely get to the bathroom. It was roll out of bed and literally crawl because I was so sick and weak. I would rather get a shot.

Jolie, I am glad that you are feeling so much better today. Yes, be careful of your back.

Last edited:
This morning I did Cathe Live Toasted Trisets w/Core #196 from 5/3/18 but skipped core. I did this one in April. I rally like it, it's a good one because it's lower reps so you can heavy. I went a bit lighter than I usually would because it's been 2 weeks since I've lifted like this plus I'm still having some tenderness issues in my shoulder area. Had a great workout!

Each Triset was done 3 times through at 8 reps. Killer!!!

Triset 1
Biceps Curl:
15's
W Curls: 12's/10's/10's
Hammer Curl: 12's

Triset 2
Triceps Overhead Extension:
25#
Lying Triceps Extensions: 10's
Dips: 24 reps

Triset 3
One Arm Row:
22.5#
Pullovers: 20#
Rear Flies: 12's

Triset 4
Dumbbell Flies:
22.5's/22.5's/20's
Pushups: 8 slow reps (did all on my toes, this was tough)
Close Grip to Chest Press: 15's

Triset 5
Standing Shoulder Press:
12's
Lateral Raise: 8's
Front Raise: 15#

Triset 6
Monster Walks:
10 reps - skipped
Lying Leg Raise w/Weight: 5 sets - skipped
Plank Hip Dips: 10 reps - skipped

Skipped the abs because I don't feel comfortable doing these moves yet. Plus I ran out of tine, Workout was 51 minutes, burned 414 calories, did 1190 steps and HR was 150/194 - which is high for me.

Diane - I guess to each his own, I'm just sharing my thoughts on flu shot. My DH said the nurses told him they would never inject what they put in those shots and they claim there is mercury in them. Scary. Knock on wood I have never had the flu. I usually get bronchitis in the winter. Hope I don't this year!! Great job on your workout yesterday. Are you feeling better, then?

Have great workouts everyone!!

Good morning,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. I took a rest day. Today I started Cathe Oct rotation. I went very lite with the weights and didn't use my index finger to hold the DB. Since I went lighter it worked out perfectly. I also had to modify here and there so I didn't put pressure/or touch my finger. I am not holding the DB with my index finger, lol. I am going stir crazy, had to start getting a workout in. I will keep the weights light and not use my finger. The infection went down on my finger a little, the antibiotic cream seems to help. I still have to keep my finger covered which is getting frustrating at this point.

Debbie - great job this morning. I hear you on the stuff they putting into those shots. I also heard there is mercury in those shots. Very scary! When the doctor told me 80.000 people died from the flu last year. I got scared. I didn't get the flu shot last year. My immune system isn't strong right now. I can't even fight the infection in my finger.

Diane - my doctor also wants me to get the pneumonia vaccine plus the shingles (there is a shortage for this one). I finally looked up what shingles means in German (it's called Gürtelrose in German) My mom had it once before. I remember she was missable. I had no idea there is a vaccine for that. Must be something new? They sure didn't had shots when my mom had it. That was 20 + years ago.

Jolie - glad you starting too feel better. Be carful!

See you all tomorrow.

Yesterday I went for a bike ride with my son for about an hour. Nice day but really, really windy!

This morning I did Low Max - just the step combos. That was fun. I haven't done that one in a really long time and haven't done all the combos I think ever because I only had the sections that were on Hardcore Extreme. I found the DVD at the thrift last week - although I think it was labled as ATLUS so it must have been sold in a step platform package. It still had all the premixes though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.