Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2020

Good morning,

Today I did SBF D45 TB Barre + D 45 Arms. Deciding if I want to add another SBF workout today? Tomorrow I have 2 doc appointments. I am trying to knock out this weeks SBF workouts, Friday is the Cathe visual RT. DD and I got our goody bag yesterday. Haven't had time to see what's in it, lol.

Jolie - how is your dad doing? Thinking about him and you. Yes, I have Body Beast. I have pretty much all the dvd's they produced.

Roselyn - I will join you and Jolie for a round of STS.

Diane - hope you had fun with the ladies yesterday. That is so nice you getting baskets ready for those elderly ladies. So sad, they been shut down for so long.

Debbie - sorry the district got canceled. Great job getting your workouts in.

Doreen - I couldn't just do a workout here and there. I wouldn't get the feel for any. Sometimes I am like meh on a workout, then when I do the entire program I end up liking it.

Friday and Saturday I will do the Cathe visual RT. I will try to check in the early morning or evening.

Happy Hump day, everyone.

Another crazy day, but now I'm done with my events until after the holidays. The 2nd Academic Challenge went well!!

Today I did RAW Box & Pump 2. Went light with the weights and had a good workout. Toe started to bother me a bit towards the end but is ok now.

Boxing Drill
Squat Rows: 12's - 16 reps
Run Rows: 8's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill
Overhead Press: 10's - 16 reps
Connected Front/Side Raise: 5's

Boxing Drill
Overhead Triceps Extension: 15# - 16 reps
Run Kickbacks: 5's - lots of reps (didn't do the whole thing)

Boxing Drill
Chest Flies: 15's - 16 slow reps
Run Press: 8's - lots of reps
Ab work: 5's
Hammer Curls: 10's - 16 reps
Run Curls: 8's - lots of reps

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 251 calories, did 3310 steps and HR was 120/163.

I'm hoping to be able to do personals tomorrow. You are all kicking butt, I am reading everything!! Take care everyone!!

Today I did Cathe Live Low Impact Cardio Sweat plus core # 319, 51 minutes, heart rate 110/156 heart rate, 204 calories, 3,033 steps. I then did Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 Cardio Step Jam, 32 minutes, 166 calories, heart rate 123/146 heart rate, 3,368 steps. I also did the first 11 minutes, Walk Strong 3 deep stretch, 10 calories. I had to cut that one short as it was time to get lunch over before afternoon classes. Total time was 94 minutes, 380 calories, 6,401 steps.

Roselyn nice work on Beast Legs today.

Belinda, I would have been so excited over the Cathe virtual road trip bag. I don't think I could have avoided stopping to look through it. I bet you are looking forwards to it. I feel sorry for those ladies. They text in our group text and are sad that they cannot be in our gatherings.

Debbie, that is great that the second academic challenge went well. Box and Pump 2 is such a fun move and seems to be well liked by a lot of women in the group I belong to. I wish I could do those, but my experience with my neck and boxing does not seem to go well. I did Walk Strong 3 cardio Hiit Friday and it seemed to set off my neck. It is kickboxing and then ends with leg drills. Then Raw Step and Legs again on Saturday has boxing in it. So, I am trying to really modify certain moves and take care of what I do. Last night I was just rubbing my neck and hit a spot in the middle below my neck that hurt so bad when I touched it, I nearly jumped out of my chair.

Doreen, I think I would be like you in trying different workouts before I decided if I wanted to do a particular rotation.

Today I did CL #297 - Cardio Party Play Date. This was a fun workout, some light boxing moves but other than that just floor cardio and blasts. Very doable for me. I really like the workout with just Cathe instead of the with all the other people from her class. I sort of hope it stays this way.

Workout was 38 minutes, burned 283 calories, did 3310 steps and HR was 135/183.

Roxie - I'm sorry you can't seem to get into your workouts lately. I'm sort of there myself with the weight training. I'm enjoying cardio more and also cardio and weights. I'm also sorry to hear you are losing tech's at your work. Kids today don't want to work, they think we owe them everything. It's sad that parents aren't teaching their kids how to be responsible and independent. That will get them no where in life. Hope things are going better for you.

Jolie - I hope your dad's surgery went well. Hip surgery is tough and i can't believe this is his third time. My mom had hers done many years ago, at least 10, and hers seem to still be fine. Hope it stays that way. Let us know how your dad did, praying for him. You are doing some killer workouts lately!

Diane - I am finding boxing is the culprit for my upper body issues (other than sitting in a chair all day). My upper body feels great right now and yesterday after I did that Box & Pump workout, I felt that knot again. WTH? So I guess I'll try to limit my boxing workout to just once a week and do different types of cardio as well. How was the CL workout you did yesterday? Cardio Sweat plus Core? Was it good cardio and not hard to follow?

Belinda - What is a goofy bag?? LOL! Nice job with your workouts!!

Roselyn - Good job with your workouts as well. When are you all starting STS?

Doreen - You live near Red Rocks? I think U2 did a concert there way back in the 80's that I have on DVD. LOL!! I don't think I'd like a kickboxing workout that doesn't switc sides, that's weird!

Have a great day everyone!!

Reactions: WD
I Debbie - I live about a hour from Red Rocks - the concert venue... and we have a Red Rock Canyon park right her in Colorado Springs for biking and hiking. Very confusing!

Yesterday was my dad's surgery, what a long day. I dropped him off at the hospital at pm and he never got into surgery till 5pm. It was supposed to be a 4 hour surgery since they were taking out a hip replacement and putting in a different one. I drove 3 hours in the morning to get there and then 3 hours home late at night. My mom was such a wreck and after we dropped my dad off we went out to lunch and sat outside and shared a meal and had some wine to get her to settle down. She was so nervous because he is 88 years old and who knows what could happen to someone at that age. Good news! The surgery only took 1 hour and he didnt need to have the whole hip replaced. Once they opened him up they realized that he only needed one part replaced so now the recovery will be so much easier for him. I spoke to him this morning and he was up walking and sitting in a chair and they already had the IV out and he was having breakfast. I am not working out today, I am so tired from the stress and the long day yesterday. I am off to get my hair done because they are starting lock downs in CA and I am sure the hair salons will be shut sooner or later. I hate our Governor, he does not abide by his own rules, I am sure you have seen it on the news.

Everyone is doing so good with their workouts except me lately. Wow, I have had so much on my plate lately. Hopefully 2021 will be better.

Have a nice day.

I forgot to post my workout this morning when I read updates.... This one was so fun - I burned 485 cal in the 60 minutes.

Jolie- Great news on your dad! Great that he is up and moving and didn't need the entire hip replaced!!

Debbie- I liked that cardio party play date.

Hi everyone,

My appointments went well with the nutritionist and Exercise Physiologist this morning. He gave me 4 exercises I should be doing for my lower body. The lower body are done with bands. That should be easy. He also doesn't want me to go no heavier than 8's and no more than 8-10 reps. That should be interesting! I still can go for walks and low impact aerobics. He also told me ways to avoid twisting my knees on the rebounder. I learned a lot today.

I walked 2.5 miles plus did SBF D47 Barre 2. That's it!

Jolie - you have a lot on your plate! Sorry you have to go through so much. Glad your dad's surgery went well today. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Debbie - it was a goody bag not goofy bag, lol. Good job on your workout today.

Diane - I already know what's in the Cathe goody bag :) People on FB posted lots of pictures. I will open the box tomorrow with DD.

Roselyn - good job on the Beast legs.

Doreen - I wished my knees could handle step. I love step.

Good night everyone.

Last edited:
Today I just had time for one workout. This morning school got started later and seemed to drag on and on. I did Cathe Live #293 Glutes and Thighs, 61 minutes, heart rate 101/153, 1,902 steps. I am not sure why my resting heart rate is lower lately. I thought maybe it was the Fitbit, but I took my pulse using my Health Mate App and finger pulse with cell and it was 55 this morning after coffee and activity before my workout. I guess that is not a bad thing. It says low, but that it shows it is healthy. It is just generally in the 62-65 range. I just wonder if this is why my heart rate is so low when doing my workouts. It takes a lot of additional movement to get it up where I do. I liked the Glutes and Thighs workout. I could probably raise some of the weights for it next time.
Cathe Live # 293 Glutes and Thighs 4/20 60 minutes
uses a high step with 3 risers, mat, and weights 10,12,15,20# 2 rounds of each exercise group of 3 moves
Rnd 1

forward and backward lunges some with pulses no weight
step with 3 risers drop squat done one time as a bonus 15#
6 inch high step elevated lunge 12# dbs 16 reps the 15 pulses all right then all left
side to side sumo 15# dumbbell 20 reps
repeat all but the drop squats

Rnd 2
high step 3 risers 12# drop squat curtsy
sumo squat 20# dbs
single leg reverse lunge12# dbs 4 singles and 4 single and pulses
repeat

Rnd 3
high step 1 riser push dips 10# dbs 1st set 12# dbs 2nd set
Deadlift 20# dbs 16 reps (could have gone heavier)
side warrior lunge no weight 16 reps right 16 reps left
repeat

Rnd 4
high step 3 risers and mat side lying leg lifts arm on step 64 reps right 64 reps left
single leg deadlift 10# dbs (could have gone heavier) 16 reps
lying with feet on step bridges one leg raised adjusting angles 64 reps then 64 reps on other leg
repeat

No school next week. I have a physical appointment bright and early Wednesday and will go to my older daughter's on Thanksgiving day. I want to be back at home when my husband gets up and ready to go to work though.

Debbie, nice workout today. I was disappointed in that workout that you did. I think because I expected it to be like the Cardio Party dvd and it wasn't. I am sure that was why. I should do it again knowing it is not like Cardio Party. I liked the workout yesterday. Cathe puts in some weight work and suggests some substitutions if you do not want to do a move. I had to substitute on the weight work that affected my shoulders as most was lower and upper combos. When she did overhead press I did a few, but switched and did curls or upright rows. The core work was pretty short, but good. I love kickboxing, but definitely need to limit how often I do it as well. But, that also goes for a lot of shoulder work or going too heavy on things like lawnmowers and pullovers. I feel much better through the neck and shoulders today though. That knot can really sting and hurt at the same time. I figure if I do weights for body parts that are not affected that much and do some cardio and weights that do some of everything between cardio workouts maybe it will get better if I am careful. The thing is they had me do band pulls and rotator cuff with weights and I always had pain later after PT. Not being able to just do the workouts like they are set is discouraging and I love kickboxing.

Jolie, that is good news for your Dad. I am glad it went well. All of that driving and worry would have left me drained. Get some rest. Yes, I have heard on the news. That will be so hard on those businesses that are just trying to pull themselves back up after the last one. Those wealthy governors and people are so heartless and really do not consider the people. More a power trip.

Doreen, that does look like a fun workout. Maybe this next week during Thanksgiving holidays I can try one of the double step workouts.

Belinda, I am glad you got some helpful information yesterday. I still have issues with twisting my knee after my surgery. When I was having problems with the torn miniscus I found the crossback lunges hurt and was worse done off of a step. I never cross my foot back very far anymore. Even twisting yoga movements can hurt. Side planks can hurt my knee that is on the bottom. Too much stress on it. And this goes for both knees, so I guess the arthritis is part of the problem. Have fun opening the Cathe goody bag with your daughter.

Today I did CL #237 - Step, Sweat and Lift, the one Diane did recently. It was pretty fun, I liked the step combos but my room area isn't big enough to really be able to work it. If I continue to do step workouts, I'll have to add another row of rubber mats so I have more room. I still had a great workout, I was sweating like crazy. The lift part was just ok, wasn't really excited about the exercises she chose. When she did the plank walk things I did Chest Press. I used 8, 10, 12 and 15# dumbbells but mostly used my 10's.

Workout was 48 minutes, burned 258 calories, did 3170 steps and HR was 113/157.

Jolie - So glad to hear your dad is doing so well, that is great news. I'm glad it wasn't as bad as the doctor's thought.

Doreen - That U2 concert at Red Rocks is awesome, not sure you ever watched it. Cool that you live near the concert venue! Great job with your step workout!

Belinda - You'll have to let us know what's in the goody bag. Now you have my curiosity going. Did you get it because you signed up for the Virtual Road Trip? Glad your appointment went well. What did the nutritionist say? Is it going to be hard to keep a good diet that you will like?

Diane - I don't have the Cardio Party Play Date DVD so I had nothing to compare it to. I thought it was a pretty fun workout. Today's workout was ok, I probably won't do it often though. Band work bothers my shoulders and back as well, I don't do those kinds of workouts because of that. I guess we need to figure out what our bodies are good with and just don't over do it with other things like kickboxing.

Roselyn - Good job with your workout!!

Gotta go, boss is here.

Last edited:
This morning I did Asylum Vo1 Strength with Shaun T. Boy he really is a character. This was a good workout - strength circuits, each time through he modified the move to make it a little harder.

I saw it's Black Friday for Cathe now!! Be still my credit card!!!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Quick Fix both workouts plus the bonus using the Raw channel. This was 74 minutes, heart rate 114/164(Not sure about the 114 since every time I looked at my Fitbit it was between 126 and 136) Plus the app said my heart rate was 110 average. This is not right! I burned 333 calories, 6,187 steps.

Debbie, nice work today with the Step, Sweat, and Lift workout. I like the step portion and since it is before the weights I will probably use it for a quick step workout at 25 minutes.

Doreen, glad that you enjoyed Asylum Strength.

Good evening,

Today's RT schedule:

• Friday 3:00-4:30 pm EST Welcome and Virtual Shopping - DD and I shopped our heats out, lol. They had lots of things only for the RT'ers to buy. I bought 2 tank tops, sweater, hat, gym bag. We had a long break for Class 1 :(
  • Friday 5:00-6:00 pm EST Class 1 Cardio Kickboxing & Core - burned almost 500 cal. I was a sweaty mess. Loved the music. Cathe gave me a shout out :D she remembered me from Germany!! I flown in Germany to one of her RT's. Not sure you you all know, but Cathe's parents are from Germany. She speaks German. Cathe and I we talk in German. I hope I will have an opportunity to talk to Cathe tomorrow.
  • Friday 6:30-6:45 pm EST "Let's Make a Recovery Smoothie" with Cathe - I had all the ingredients, since it was so late DD and I decided not to do it. We watched Cathe do the smoothie :) DD and I had a glass of wine instead, lol.
  • Friday 6:45-7:45 pm EST Q&A Time with Cathe and Raffle Giveaways - we didn't win anything. It still was fun others won. The Q&A time with Cathe was interesting. I had my PC hooked up to my TV, I couldn't ask questions. Tomorrow I will use one of my older computers to sign in separate.
  • Friday 7:45 pm EST "Lobby" Party mingle amongst one another - by that time I was starving. It was almost 8:15 pm I still haven't eaten dinner. No lobby party for us.
DD and I had a lot of fun doing our 3rd RT together. There was a little problem at the beginning, we all were cut off the zoom. I don't like zoom. Zoom kicks you off and. you have to sign in again and again. That was a little frustrating. I am glad both my kids are here to help me out with zoom. I don't have the patient for that, lol. The audio wasn't like in a live class. The visual RT isn't the same as the actual live one. I am glad considering the situation we are all in, she has a virtual one.

Debbie - we got a t-shirt, wine tumbler, new Cathe loop and a signed picture of Cathe.
My nutritionist is a vegetarian for over 35 years. I am thinking bout going all plant based for heath reasons. we talked about all the benefits of a plant based diet instead of animal diet. She gave me a lot of info on why I should be switching. She also gave me lots of recipes to try and gave me stores where I can find different kind of beans ( Indian grocery stores) to try them. I will see her again in January.
Good night.

Roselyn - I got lots of information yesterday. I will follow and take their advice. Great job with your workout.

Diane - the problem with the rebounder is that people twisting their knees not knowing. He said don't jump side to side, it's bad for my knees. He doesn't want me to do anything with twisting my knees like Cossack lunges/jumping side to side. If it hurts my knees just don't do it. I still need to see my DH's surgeon. He may tell me something different. Well, today I opened DD's and mine goody bag. I washed the t-shirt and cleaned to wine tumbler. I will use the loop tomorrow.

Good night.

Today I did Cathe Live #101 Step and Pump 59 actual me 62 minutes, heart rate 111/144, 4,053 steps.
I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. Too many things causing anxiety and spent till 1 am doing a Whole Foods order and then it saying they had no delivery opening. I got up this morning and there was 3 delivery openings :D So at least I do not have to go to the store today. I forgot my Magnesium with Ashwhaganda before bed which might have helped a bit. So, I am still tired and irritable today.

Cathe Live #101 Step and Pump
cardio portion is the first 32 minutes which will be nice knowing if I want to just do the cardio they use step with 1 riser for the step and suggest you can use 2. I used 2 till she got to the drills and then removed one. She raises the risers later during weight work.
Raise to 2 risers after cardio

Lower Body
lunge kick 8 each/4 each/1 each multiple times 10# dumbbells
elevated lunges 10# dumbbells high reps 8/15pulses; 4/7 pulses twice; 2/3 pulses
crossback lunge 15# dumbbell
add risers for 3 each side drop squats 15# dumbbell

Upper Body

biceps curls 15# dumbbells 12 reps
goal post press I used 5's 16 reps
hammer curl press alternating I did hammer curls here with 12's

reverse flies 10# dumbbells 8 reps
front raise 15# dumbbell 8 reps
lateral raise 5# dumbbells 10 reps
repeat

close grip bench press I used 12# dumbbells and switched to triceps extensions second time
dips body weight
pullover I used 8 # dumbbells then swithced and did more triceps extensions the second time
repeat

push ups 5 with rope climbs 10 done multiple times

Today I am back, I have my parents all squared away and I now can concentrate on what I have to do for myself. I started walking on my TM, 40 minutes uphill, 6.5 incline, 3.2 speed, traveled 2.1 miles and burned 358 calories. Next I did Chest, same format as the other workouts I did this week, x 12, x 10, x 8 reps. At the end I did 5 AB exercises and I did each on to failure. Total workout time was 70 minutes and I burned 501 calories.

Chest Press Warm Up - 15's x 16
Chest Press- 22's x 12, x 10, x 8 Reps

Chest Flies- 17's x 12, x 10, x 8

Incline Chest Press- 20's x 12, x 10, x 8

Incline Chest Flies- 15's x 12, x 10, x 8

ABS x 5 exercises to Failure.

Belinda, the RT sounds like a lot of fun! I am going on line to see what is on sale for Black Friday. Great job with burning so many calories during the kickboxing workout, that is awesome! I did not know that Cathe was German. I tried going plant based and it was not good for my body. I got sick all of the time and I could not keep any muscle on. Most people I know that try it dont stay on it for long. Maybe for your auto immune issue it will help but be prepared to loose muscle mass. :(

Doreen, what did you buy on the Cathe Black Friday sale?

Diane Sue, nice job on the workout yesterday.

My sons game is on at 12:30 today on Channel 2 CBS so I have to get in the shower so I am ready to cheer them on. They are playing San Diego State today.

Sorry I did not do personals yet. I had several things to do. Got groceries delivered and put away. I sat down to rest for a bit and had a brief nap. Maybe I can get something else accomplished.

:rolleyes: Belinda, I bet that the shopping was fun. That is cool that Cathe speaks German and she remembered you from coming to a road trip from Germany. That would be fun. Wow on 500 calories for the kickboxing workout. Way to go. That is too bad that you were not able to ask any questions. I wonder how that works having two devices set up. Could you do the chat part via a tablet or cell phone? Although it would be much more fun seeing everyone on a larger screen. How do they do party mingle? It seems like it would be chaos unless you could single out people and tune out the rest. I guess my 6 year old grandson could figure it out. He is always cutting audio and video and adding who he wants to single out. I would like him to keep his hands off of the computer though. I have problems a lot of times with the zoom links. It will tell me the host is in a meeting or I see it is working and it stops. My problem sometimes is I forget that I have to click on the zoom link from the morning phonics and reading portion of their classes for 9 am and then 1pm I have to go to the homeroom zoom link unless there is a special one for Get Along Together (sometimes) or library which I totally missed because I was trying the homeroom at 1 last time and the link was put on the phonics. I just figured it was not working at 1. It gets crazy and confusing. Maybe have a snack bar handy to take a couple of bites of if it is so late and you have not eaten.

Jolie, I hope that you are enjoying your son's game today. I think we must have posted around the same time. I tried vegetarian too and I lost a lot of weight and even though I was doing Body Beast and STS at the time, I had a lot less muscle increase. I just need more protein. Even now my protein is a lot of whey powder as I still hate the plant based. I have not yet tried the Orgain that Debbie mentioned though. I have not been able to find samples. They sell it in bottles of liquid which I would imagine would be different. I am surprised that Sprouts doesn't as they do carry individual packets of a lot of products. I used to pick up ancient nutrition Keto meal bone broth protein once in awhile in packets. They don't have any right now. I got this Wellness Rescue Shot by Vive Organic today and boy was that awful. It made me feel nauseated for a little bit. I should have thought about the ingredients. All would have tasted good, elderberry, ginger, cayenne, orange juice, lemon juice, aloe vera, but then the oregano oil extract was overpowering. I have Mediterranean oregano oil that I put drops of in some water to dilute when I go out. That stuff burns my throat and mouth for awhile if I just put it on my tongue. Anyway, it destroyed what might have tasted good. I guess it tasted like nasty medicine. Then it says 1-3 shots to support speedy recovery. I am not sick so I do not need a speedy recovery:p. I just looked and it says each shot goes down with a bite. Well, I would do it if I was sick, I think.

Good evening,

The RT just ended. They still have a lobby party going on. I didn't sleep well last night. We had a blast at the visual RT. I will tell you all about it tomorrow and catch up on personals.

Good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.