Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2020

I was able to get out early this morning for a bike ride for about an hour. My fitbit said I burned 439 cal. but I forgot to link the bluetooth to get the map of where I went.... I guess that means I'll have to do it again. Ha!

Reactions: WD
Jolie - yes, Lift 4 is a very good weight training program. Probably my favorite one from BB.

Debbie - I think it's a great idea jumping on your TM or Max Trainer instead of doing the HiiT. I probably will jump on my rebounder instead, lol. It will get my HT up, lol. If you want I can explain as best as I can the HiiT part. Great job today.

Today I had a fantastic workout. I started with a TM walk, 40 minutes, 6.5 incline, 3.2 speed, traveled 2.1 miles and burned 341 calories. Next I did Cathe Live, Arms and Abs and loved it. This is high reps, never knowing the rep count or the tempo. There is a killer ab and core workout at the end that had my mid section screaming. Total workout time was 1 hour and 40 minutes and I burned 788 calories. Average heart rate was 123/164. There is a newer workout called Touch Up Total Body and I am going to preview it today. I might be doing that one on Saturday.

I got these new chicken sausages at Costco and love them, they are only 160 calories, 2 carbs and low fat. The are Chicken, smoked Gouda, artichoke and garlic. I cut one up and fry it with an egg for breakfast and I am full and happy.

I got my new running shoes and love them. I need something with a thicker sole because they burn off really fast on my TM. I got the new Asics gt2000 v8 and love them. They are structure shoes which i need and have really great support. I cant believe how much easier it was to walk this morning with new shoes and good support. I swear you feel like you can go forever!

Debbie, i love In the Ring! I might do that one soon, but i get winded unlike you :) Nice calorie burn! I love it Cosmetics, especially their blush. They are matte and look so natural and the colors are beautiful.

Belinda, nice job on the shoulder workout, that is my favorite body part to work. You have to make a trip to Napa some time, you will love it! It has the best wine, food and weather you will ever see. Go in either Sept. or October because it is harvest time and all of the leaves are turning color and it is gorgous!

Diane Sue, I hope you have a nice workout today. I will come back later and read your post. We have to wear masks in our stores but at least they are opening up. I am waiting for the hair salons but nothing yet. I am looking a little frightful right now. I am thinking of cutting my hair off myself and coloring it a pretty beige blonde. I used to wear it like that for years and i loved it.

Roselyn, have a nice day at work!

Make it a great day! Summer has begun here, the beach is beautiful!

This morning my daughter and grandchildren came over for awhile so I got up early and did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit both combined, 48 minutes, heart rate 114/158, 223 calories, 3,818 steps. I may get in some yoga later.

Belinda, nice job on shoulders today. It is nice you are able to get out for walks.

Debbie, that is a lot of 4's in your workout today. Nice work and a great amount of steps. I would be more tempted to try Beach Body if they didn't make you pay for 3 months. I just know I don't pull out my BB workouts often so I doubt I would love a full 3 months of it. I have a tin of 100% Pure Powder foundation and I use it just for places like my nose that is a bit excessively shiny. I would like to try their rice powder and love the highlight face powders that are in some of my color compacts with blush and shadows. I was using their moisturizers and skin care for a long time, just can't use the foundations. Colors come from fruit pigments. The shadow colors I have in the kits I do not like. I use the gel brow stuff.
I kind of like the Solo workout, but I was really worried about my neck and shoulders. I think going heavier than I did might have not been wise. What I used seemed easy though and I think the 20 they were using would make it better as an overall workout. I would probably up the finisher weight. It was not that bad the way they did it, except I did not do all the push ups because the front of my shoulders had been hurting overnight. I inserted a plank jack before coming back up. I will have to do it again when I am not already sore when doing it. The music is more of an upbeat western flare. I liked it though. Also next time I will do the upright rows. I couldn't believe how much my shoulders and arms were with just the one dumbbell doing the bench press and pullovers. Maybe I just was not recovered enough from Mondays workout to be doing that one justice. I don't wear my mask all of the time, but then most of the stores and times I go out the stores are not terribly busy. It is easy to keep distance. But, I won't go in without it if I think I my allergies are going to act up because I know it would worry other people. Being around produce sometimes sets them off. I sure hope there is not a resurgence of this virus. I think the freedom loving people that we all are, we need to get out and do things.

Doreen, it sounds like the Fitbit does well for cycling. Nice calorie burn this morning.

Jolie, great workout today. I am thinking of having my husband cut my hair again. The layers he put in are growing out and the ends when they are so long are thin and sparse. I have fine thin hair and getting fullness is difficult. Funny, my daughter told me today she did her own color and it was so much better than when she goes to the salon. She goes to an Aveda salon. I use an ash blonde as my hair has a tendency to brassiness and yellow tones. Besides when the grey roots come in they are less noticeable ;) I was using Madison Reed Hair color for awhile. My hair was soft and nice and the color was pretty, but it didn't stay too long. I always made sure I used color protecting shampoo and conditioners with it. I think salons are opening up here. I read the last update on protocol and most services can open up with certain guidelines. Weird that some of them say employees can self check their temp or they can do it at work. I wondered how reliable them being able to say they did it themselves would be.

Today was supposed to be weights but I did not feel like lifting. I just didn't feel like doing anything at all, actually. So I decided to walk on my treadmill for a couple miles and do a stretch. I kept putting the incline on my TM 2% higher every couple minutes until I reached 8 and then went back down. Got my HR up pretty well doing that.

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 267 calories, went 2 miles and did 4925 steps. HR was 120/139.

I also did Yoga Stretch by Karen Voight. Love that one.

I have to go get plants today and of course it's raining. We never ever have a nice spring. And then next week it will be in the 80's and humid. I'm happy to see it will be getting warm finally, but the humidity can stay away until about August. We go from freezing cold to hot and humid over night. Oh well... At least summer is coming. :)

Doreen - Wow, nice calorie burn yesterday. Way to go!!

Belinda - Thanks, I will PM you some questions about L4 so you can refresh my memory. No big deal, I will follow my sheets and do the cardio part on my Max Trainer. But I do have a couple questions. I think I will start L4 next week. Looking forward to it!

Jolie - Nice job on your workout yesterday, I also like Arms & Abs, it's a fun workout. Glad you found new shoes you like, that is one of the hardest things for me. I can never find a pair I totally love and fit me great. I am wearing a Brooks shoe right now which I do really like but I think they are too big for my feet. At least they don't hurt. Saucony's are usually my favorite but their shoe has changed a bit and I'm not sure I like them as much anymore.

Diane - I am going to start Lift 4 next week so I guess I won't get to the Solo workout anytime soon. I was going to do it today but just didn't feel like it. I don't have any issues with makeup and usually no allergic reactions to anything. I used to be allergic to any kind of purple pigmented eyeshadow when I was young, I still don't wear purple but it might not bother me now. I think it has something to do with the dye in purple. Even purple eyeliner bothered me. I stick with mostly neutral tones and either navy or brown eyeliners and I never have a problem.

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!! So glad it's Friday!!

Good morning,

L4 Legs 50/50 is done. Workout was 40 min plus 30 min stretching.

Jolie - my DH grew up in CA. We actually planned a trip to Napa Valley this year. My DH has a cousin that lives in CA. Maybe next year. I been to Napa Valley, Italy a few times. My sister was suppose to came and visit me :( I was so excited to see her. I don't like working my shoulders. I had a lot of problems with my shoulders. Probably lifting way to heavy. I do like all the exercises in L4 even the core.

Debbie - good job listen to your body. I love walking it's such a great way to get your steps in and still get a good workout in. Not sure if I get a walk in today, I am going to try. It's raining outside. Any questions you have just ask away :) I am so excited we are doing the program together again. I forgot how tough those workouts were.

Diane - that is nice you daughter and grandchildren came to visit you yesterday. I miss having mine around. They are starting to lift restrictions. I hate wearing the mask and going to the stores. I hope one day we get back to normal. Walking outside is my happy place. Luckily we don't have that many people walking.

BBL!

Today I did another youtube workout. I liked this one - It moved much faster through the circuits in tabata style 20:10. I enjoyed her exercise selection though I did modify one move to just do swings instead of ninja jump swings. I put my own music on to start out - I didn't even attempt to listen to her music.

Today I did cardio, I walked on my TM for 60 minutes, traveled 3.4 miles, incline from 6.5 to 8.0, speed was 3.1 on the steepest incline and 3.3 on the lower incline. I burned 622 calories!!!

Debbie, You did Lift 4 before right? So exciting when you get to start another rotation! No humidity here really, a beautiful breeze an sunny today.

Doreen, nice Tabata workout today! I am going to preview this today, looks great!

Belinda, way to go on the leg workout today. How long is this rotation you are doing? Is it 90 days?

Diane Sue, are you going to stay with doing Kelly's Raw workouts for the summer? I think I am going to do Cathe live, I and going to try her boot camp workouts and total body so I can get more legs in each week.

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice workout today.

I cant believe it is Memorial Day weekend already!!! I thought it was next weekend. I have nothing planned!!! I think if it is warm enough that I will go to the beach one day.

Have a wonderful Friday.

Last night at 11:50 I did two yoga workouts I got free from Amazon Prime for neck and shoulders that were really helpful. I am much better today. One was was Yoga 30 days ( I think fat loss?) day 18 neck, and shoulders, 32 minutes, 28 calories and Yoga therapy for back pain, neck pain and stress relief which was all lying on the floor, 21 minutes, 20 calories. For some reason I lost my neck roll pillow during the night and couldn't find it. My husband said I had kicked it to the end of the bed and when he came in he set it up next to me. I found it under the end of the bed today. I woke up hunting for it several times and had given up.

Today I did Jessica Smith Dance Walk both workouts that I purchased from Amazon prime video. This was 64 minutes(62 actual), 346 calories, heart rate 130/168, 6,349 steps, 2.75 miles. I just wanted lighter cardio since my neck and shoulders were really painful yesterday. Originally I had planned on doing a third total body weight workout. Anyway, I added another free Prime yoga from the 30 day series that was day 5energy and motivation today, 23 minutes, 26 calories, 83 steps.
Total time was 87 minutes, 369 calories, 6,432 steps. I liked the second workout on Dance Walk more than the first one. It was perfect for what I needed and I got a lot of steps in.

I guess I hadn't paid attention to it be a holiday weekend. We are supposed to help my daughter clear out junk to be hauled to the dump. I wonder if they will even be open tomorrow. She has to have stuff out to move the 1st when they close on the sale of her house.

Debbie, I have not been real motivated a lot lately with working out. I think I overdid when I did the Solo workout. It rained here again last night. The sun is out now, but I see a lot of days of rain over the next week and a half. I keep having to wait for the ground to dry out a bit to go outside and get things done. I have thought about some of those BB workouts but, I just don't want to pay for something I might not be able to use. Fighting with my arthritis a lot lately. It gets old after awhile.

Belinda, I don't like working shoulders either. It seems to result in pain most of the time. I used to lift really heavy on shoulders, no problem, but not anymore. Then PT says I need to strengthen the muscles underneath that support the shoulders. It is tough to get that in because I try and it gets tight and sore and it just spreads all the way up to my neck. I am trying to come up with a better plan to build and give more time for recovery in those areas.
Does your sister live in Germany or here in the US? I am sorry the plans are messed up.

Doreen, nice work on the youtube workout. Is this from the same group of workouts that you posted with the bad music?

Jolie, I will keep up with Kelly's Raw channel and probably do some other stuff. I am trying to build up some muscle, but need to work ways in to get some time for longer recovery and still keep up with enough workouts. Maybe some milder stuff added in. Kelly really does have a good selection of different types of workouts. They seem to get better and better. Box and Tone is on her youtube channel for free. When I think I will do more lower body work, my knees start aching and I end up just doing more low impact cardio. My workouts just evolve by how my body feels.
Funny thing is when I lived in Mesa Arizona and would go to visit my grandmother in Orange CA, I always felt like it was extremely humid. I guess going from desert heat to an area with ocean nearby made the difference in feel. I swear Houston area was one of the worst places I have been for humidity though.

Jolie - the rotations is 8 weeks long. Each week you do 4 Lifting workouts. I like the program a lot plus the workouts are short. I think you would like it too. Debbie and I did the program together awhile ago. WTG, on your walk and calorie burn.

Diane - my sister's and my family live in Germany. I was born and raised in Germany. My older sister calls me daily, she keeps telling me to move back to Germany. I miss my sisters and family. Last time I visit my family we all went to Italy for a week than spent the rest of the time in my hometown which is Nuremberg. We have a castle in the middle of the city. Very beautiful city. I am not just saying it because I am from there, lol.

Have you tried using bands to strengthen your shoulder? I stopped using very heavy on my shoulders too. I don't go heavier than 15's, if it's high reps I go much lower. My shoulders feel so much better.

Good Evening,

We started the move today the only room they have completely finished is my workout room so all my equipment went over and it’s nice most of it fits in the closets only my spin bike and treadmill are on display now if only they would get the rest of the house 100% completed. We have to be out of the house we are in by Tuesday so it’s been stressful. I am going to restart 10 Rounds when things calm down

Debbie- have you looked at Ulta Beauty they carry a lot of tarte that’s wear I buy their mascara.

Last edited:
Today I am still so sore through the neck and shoulders so I did Jessica Smith Walk Strong Build Balance and Inner Strength balance and core, 31 minutes, heart rate 100/143, 2,651 steps, 128 calories. I also did another yoga from Amazon Prime which is free from a therapy one. It was Yoga therapy for Neck Pain episode 11, 27 minutes, 51 calories. This one had a relax breathing at first then strengthening the scapula area, upper back, and areas that take the pressure off the neck and trap area. It ended with stretches. Man, even the stretches felt rough today. Was better for awhile spasm when I forgot and went to shake the hair out of my face :(
We went out to lunch at a restaurant. First time other than the Braums we went to once. We were the only customers at first. Tow others came in after we did. They had seating spaced and employees with masks. Printed paper throw away menus. They took some foods off the menu so my husband was not able to get his usual ribs. I got my spinach chicken salad I get a lot. Then we went out to the Lazy Boy Store and they took our temperature before we looked around. They had on masks. Anyway, we picked out a recliner rocker for me. We were going to order one I had picked trying to find one online suitable for my neck and back. I decided I did not need one that bad. My husband thought different and that it would be good for me to check them out. I sat in the one I picked out for awhile. I think I will like it so much better than trying to sit on our couch with no neck support for any length of time. Really, I rarely have my neck supported. I sit at the counter on a barstool even when watching television as it feels more comfortable. My neck just gets fatigued throughout the day.
We ordered my husband a new recliner theater chair which is not as big as his double size recliner we got from my daughter. That way we have enough space for two recliners. I will have mine here Monday or Tuesday :D

Belinda, I love looking at Castles. Something we did a lot when I was a child. They are fascinating and the history. I bet that you do miss your family there. Isn't it nice though that we have the ability to call on our cell phones, unlike years ago. Easier to keep in touch and even see each other from the distance.
I have lowered my weights on shoulders. I use bands more than I used to. They had me using tubing at the physical therapy center. I also used them at home as well except I wrapped around the handles of my Spin bike to get the right angle that they had since they had a board with clips for the tubing at different heights. I really think the snatches I did with the Solo dumbbell workout really set off the neck pain.

Roxie, good luck with getting everything moved. My youngest daughter has some pods she has put things in so if she doesn't get closed in time before closing on the house she is in, it can be stored. Expensive way to do things. I hate moving and hoping things run smoothly through the process.

Rosaline, I bet you are ready for the break. Hope things open up quickly and it goes well for you soon.

Yesterday was a much need rest day. I am really stressed out lately, I am trying to find a house to move to and there is nothing on the market that is big enough in my price range. Today I woke up tired and nauseous but I did a CL workout, All In Upper Body and had an ok workout. I have so much on my mind it is hard to focus on a workout. Anyway, workout was 1 hour and I burned 388 calories. Heart rate was 116/162.

Roxie, good luck with the move!

Belinda, if you moved back to Germany you would not see you kids that much since they live in the states, right? Nice walk yesterday.

Roselyn, way to go on making the entire week in those work conditions and getting a workout in as well.

Diane Sue, our restaurants are not open to eat at yet! You are so lucky to be able to go out and relax and not have to cook a meal or clean up! Way to go on the workout yesterday. I am going to get out today and walk around somewhere, I am loosing my mind at home.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Jolie, nice that you got a workout in despite how you are feeling. Maybe a walk outside will help clear your mind and help you focus on what alternatives to what you need. I am guessing you have a realtor helping?
It was nice going out to dinner yesterday. We went to lunch at Braums after church today. There were a lot more people there this time having lunch. Still spaced themselves apart. Just nice to go out to stores and restaurants again.

My husband pointed out that those masks workers use for wall board cutting and stuff let all of that powdery stuff through. You take off the mask and it is all around the mouth and nose. It blocks some dust. How is it supposed to block a virus. Even the so called microbial things are not effective. They help block spreading bacteria and infections, not viruses . Workers look so miserable in those things and you see them tugging on them and adjusting them. I don't know how they stand working in a hot kitchen cooking with that thing on.

Hi everyone,

Today I did BarreAmped Bounce barre. I will go for a short walk later and stretch.

Jolie - that's correct :( Wouldn't see them much maybe once a year. I am not ready to be separated from my kids yet, lo. My kids wouldn't want us to move too far. Of course, my sisters would love for us to move to Germany. Once the virus is over I plan on visiting Germany. You will find something eventually. It's just a tough time to find the perfect house. Hang in there.

Diane - your restaurants are open? I would be nerves with the virus. My friend wanted us to go with them to a vineyard, the inside was closed to the public. You could use the bathroom. Which didn't make any sense to me. I am a little worried as you mention about the mask. Those homemade mask don't stop you from getting infected. If you wear a medical mask like a N95, that would be your best protections. I was very sick beginning of the year. I really don't want to go through respiratory problem again. BTW, I am glad for technology. I am very thankful I can talk with my family daily.

Roxie - good luck with your move.

Have a great Sunday.

Rest day today, I've worked hard all weekend in my moms yard and ours and my upper back is tight and sore. So I will start with L4 tomorrow morning. Can't wait!!

Be back later. Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Good morning,

L4 Chest & Tricep Circuit is done. The workout was 2 rounds of 4 exercises repeated 3 times plus a burnout round done 3 times though and core. I am loving these workouts.

Debbie - enjoy your rest day today.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in today. I will try to be back later.

Debbie, here is a link to the Therapy yoga ones. They are really good and a lot of different and helpful moves. It is more about taking care of problem areas.

If you scroll down you can see the workouts. There are several that work on neck and shoulder area.

I will be back, just getting started on my workout which will be lower body.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.