Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mau 2019

This morning I did a Max Trainer workout I created myself. It was 6 - 10 second all out sprints and then rested for a 1:30 minutes. Great workout. I think I will tweak it and add two more sprints making it 8 total. I used that Treadmill app I used when I was running to create the workout. Believe it or not, for $150 for the Bowflex Max Intelligence app, it does not let you add your own workouts. I sent an email to the app staff and the guy tells me that no, it doesn't allow you to do that but what a great idea, I sent it to the developers. Ummm, will I get some commission off of that idea? I doubt I'll be renewing that next year. The app is cool but so far not worth $150. Anyways, had a great workout!!

Oh, and the hot flashes are back!! @#$%*&^%$@

Workout was 20 minutes, burned 126 calories, went .48 miles and did 1175 steps. HR was 127/143. My HR was way up higher than 143. Not sure why my FB isn't seeing that?

Then I got on my treadmill and walked am incline of 5% for 30 minutes. Burned an additional 196 calories, did 1.54 miles and went 3717 steps. HR here was 116/127.

Diane - We had storm warning this morning and when I drove into work the sky was black. However, all we got was heavy rain and it only lasted about 10 minutes. We've been lucky so far.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Good morning,

D66 TB Core is done.

Diane - thanks for all the info. I will bring that up with my doctor. My stomach is very sensitive, I doubt I can take Motrin long terms. I know it will mess up my stomach. Wow, on them giving you the same as Malaria?
Have a great workout and day everyone. I am glad it's helping you. My vision is already bad, I couldn't take it. I will try to take Curcumin once I get closer to change day. I will not run around with yellow tray's. Great to know not taking it late at night. I really appreciate all the info you give me on arthritis. I have no idea on that stuff. Yeah, I found out the hard way on curry and turmeric both stain like crazy. The Ninja you can put in the dishwasher, can't put your retainer in, lol. They will stay yellow, not matter what you do. Not even peroxide takes the yellow out. I can't use straight up peroxide either or it will damage my trays. I soak them in a solution 50/50 peroxide/warm water. Carrots, beets, wine, coffee will stain. For awhile I was drinking 100% carrots juice, like a cup. I love fresh pressed carrot juice. No matter how much I rinse/brush my mouth out, it still stained my tray's.

BBL

Debbie, I think it is not right that these companies sell their equipment for a large sum and then charge a lot for streaming and workouts. Or, you are on your own. Nice work today. Maybe they will get that changed. My friend that I had over has a Total Gym in their workout space that her husband uses. I was looking at their website and they have streaming workouts. Cathe did a couple of theirs. It looks interesting, but I have no place for something like that. That is why I got rid of my Bowflex and Dip station. He just uses the exercise chart though.

Belinda, blueberries stain too. I remember eating them every day once and wondering why my teeth looked sort of grey blue. The dishwasher did not get the stain out of the Ninja container. I used bleach, magic eraser, bar keepers friend powder. It finally came out after a long time. I can't imagine trying to get it out of something in your mouth.

I did my workout, but left my agenda book downstairs so will post after I shower.

Yesterday was a rest day and I did a juice cleanse, mostly veggies with a lot of celery. I am very acidic at the moment which is causing inflammation in my joints. I have sores in the corner of my mouth so that is a vitamin B deficiency so I am loading up. Also, I am taking a ton of Turmeric, capsule form as well as drinking Apple cider vinegar in the raw straight out of the bottle. I have tennis elbow feeling and I am sure that is inflammation. I love drinking celery juice, I just crave it and it makes me feel so good, especially with digestion. Anyway, today I did Cathe Live Buff Upper Body with Core and had a great workout. I did two warmups, I like longer ones than what Cathe does, and I did my own ABS at the end because I hate plank work. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 438 calories. I have to get my manual out for my TM and see if it is an easy fix. It has to be, it just happened during the move, not wear and tear.

I have to go back and read all of your posts from yesterday.

Diane Sue, I have been so worried about you and your family!!!! I would just die if I knew a tornado was coming my way. At least with Earth Quakes, you never know when they are coming :( Stay safe for the next couple of days.

Debbie, I am glad you liked PHA 3. I think I didn't like PHA 2 because it had too many compound exercises which I couldn't do because of my back. I have to watch it again or maybe even try it before I cross it off my list of workouts to do. I could modify, cause you know I modify every workout!:) Good job in getting your steps in too!

Doreen, I like STS total body that is a fun workout. I did STS so many times that I could do them without the dvd :)

Roxie, I hope you are safe in this weather.

DOS, holy smokes on the workout!

Belinda, I take all of my supplements capsule style so knowing will stain your teeth :) MSM is a dietary sulfur that is great for pain and inflammation and helps support joint health. Try it. good job on the workout!

Rain here again today which is unheard of in California, but I will take it. I guess I could clean the house today, my son has had all of his friends over since they are home from college and the place is a mess!

My workout today was Coffey Fit Real Raw #2 Cardio Hiit, 38 minutes, met 8.5, 271 calories, heart rate average 143, max 179, 3501 steps. Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Finisher, 13 minutes, met 8.0, 92 calories, 1,170 steps, heart rate average 142, max 172. I finished off with Lite Bonus Abs #2, 11 minutes, 40 calories, heart rate average 99, max 132, 65 steps and Lite abs #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 73 minutes, calories burned 434, steps 4,736. So far no rain today. I think there is a chance for in the morning. It got real dark and I thought it might today when I went out to the store, but nothing came of it. It is just extremely humid as it is 82 out right now.
I used some crazy natural deoderant and talk about breaking my under arms out. I swear I wondered why it hurt so much when I was bathing and when I looked I have what looks like cystic acne under my arms. Needless to say that stuff is going in the trash. I had used Kiss My Face for years and now I cannot get it anywhere. My daughter told me to get Almay hypoallergenic. They did not have any at Walmart market. I may just go ahead and use the Toms that I bought earlier, but felt it did not work well. At least I didn't have a reaction to it. I have never had anything like that happen before.

Jolie, I find the greens drinks help me. I have been keeping bottles of alkaline water upstairs for when I work out. You sort of get used to all of the tremors and stuff when you live with it all of the time. They really have gotten better at having some knowledge of what types of storms are coming. They get so excited over it on the weather that it is almost irritating. I know they are doing their job, and sure this is what they live for is being able to report and help people be safe. My husband got off early last night and he said there was some headed toward the south part of the city and was surprised that I hadn't turned on the television to check. I told him I was not worried about it that much. I do not like being out in them though. I have been on the roads more than once with flooding and a tornado that hit, large hail. Now that causes me anxiety, if I have to go out and weather looks like that.
I hope that you can get your inflammation under control. It always seems that it takes awhile for the body to respond positively to the adjustments.

Hey everyone :)

This morning, I did Kick Punch and Crunch, premix (sl) And Abs. I had to rush out, right after; been busy ripping and running. I just made me a cup of coffee, let my puppies out and going to chill. I still call them my puppies, they’re only 16 months, and spoiled rotten. Well everyone have a wonderful evening :cool:

Diane Sue - IMAX 2 is one of my favorite step workouts, hope your knees get better so you can revisit. Your workouts are breathtaking.

Jolie - turmeric, I can’t say enough about it, it’s truly a wonder herb. Sometimes we need an extra rest day.

Debbie- I like how you put that workout together. Nice work.

Reactions: WD
today i did push workout

anyone have any rotations you have used that you like and have seen some results or at least pushed you differently

I have never had hot flashes and i have not had a period in over a year maybe more i lost track. I know I heard exercise is great for them but everyone different I remember my mom had them terribly hope they go away for you Debbie

Good Evening,

Survived Tuesday night storms tornadoes were about 20 miles away but in a watch tonight. The lake here in town is up to 75% capacity and they are having town meetings to figure out what to do. I did KCM Raw Compound Moves last night but only made it half way through before my body just went weak. Tonight I did KCM TLC Boxing.

Good morning,

D67 Cardio Core is done.

Roxie - so glad you ok.

I am running late this morning, Getting ready for my walk. I will be back later for personals.

This morning I did what Jolie did the other day, Cathe Live Buff Upper Body w/Core. This was a good workout but not as tough as her others. Maybe next time I will go heavier on it. I liked it, though, perfect for a Friday.

Shoulders/Biceps
Overhead Press:
15's - 12/10/8 reps
Sweeper Curls: 15's - 11/10/8 reps
Upright Rows: 15's - 12/10/8 reps
W Curls: 12's - 12/10/8 reps
This was done 3 times through
Biceps Finisher: Isolation holds - 10's

Shoulders
Rear Flies:
12's - 10/10/8 reps
Front Raise: 12#/15#/15# - 8/8/5 reps
Shoulder Finisher: Lateral Raise - 5's - many many reps

Triceps
Overhead Triceps Extensions:
20# - 6/8/8 reps
Dips: 20/16/24 reps
Kickbacks: 8's - 8/8/8 reps

Chest/Back
Pushups off the Step:
12/10/8 reps (this was done all at once)
Dumbbell Flies: 22.5's - 12/12 reps
superset w/
Pullovers: 25# - 8/7 reps
One Arm Row: 25# - 12/12 reps (this was done all at once)

Triceps Finisher: Pushups off the Step - 12/12 reps

Abs

I really liked the setup of this one, not all the same. She did different rep counts, etc. It was fun. AB work was just ok, not a big fan of these ab workouts she is doing lately.

Workout was 56 minutes (even though the workout shows 48 min., I find that hard to believe), I burned 385 calories and HR was 134/189.

Diane - I agree about the equipment and apps. We pay so much to stay fit, you would think the apps and workouts should be free. Especially those from Bowflex. They got a ton of money from us for the Max Trainer, the other things should just be free. I was never a fan of the Total Gym, my sister in law had it and I thought it was petty cheesy. Great job on your workout!

Jolie - I liked Buff Upper Body, I like to see what you've done and if I haven't done it, I've been doing them. Great job with your workout!! I was hoping you would write down the exercises, but it wasn't too bad to do that and keep up with the workout. :) Do you know I bought celery and never made that shake? OMG. I totally forgot all about it!!

DOZ - Great job with KP&C! Love that workout!!!

Roselyn - You are lucky you've never experienced hot flashes. They are the WORST!!! I'm so sick of it. I can be freezing cold one minute and then burning up the next. It's ridiculous.

Roxie - Glad you are safe, this weather is scary!! Our lakes are up, too, a lot of our beaches are closed down until further notice.

Belinda - Great job on your workout today!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Quick check in as I have grandchildren here today. I need to get out to the bank and vet to pick up Gertie's Frontline. I did start that up again with no problem. Workout today was Coffey Fit Raw Intervals #4 using 12# dumbbells throughout. This was a challenge with Gertie and a 5 year old :) Workout was 42 minutes, heart rate 132 average, 160 max, met 7.0, 272 calories, 2,733 steps. This is a good one to hit everything. Hoping it does not rain. Apps give different info on the weather and television gives lower chance for our area. I won't go to the vets office if it rains as they are in a newly developed strip at the edge of the city. Mud and everything out there.

I am back from my walk. Today was a community yard sale in my neighborhood. I found the Zumba Fitness Exhilarate set still in shrink wrap for $1:) I also found 3 P57 still in shrink wrap for $0.50 each. I have the Zumba set, but for that price I couldn't pass it up:p Still in shrink wrap!!! BBL!

Afternoon :cool:

This morning, I did Cardio Coach #8 and MIS chest, Back, shoulders biceps triceps. So happy my rest day tomorrow :) I’m about run a few errands, my GK, coming over for the weekend, busy....busy...BUSY.

have an awesome day, see ya Sunday

Today I did Yvette's Hiit Cardio with Kettlebell and Heavy weights. This is a long workout and I love it. It focuses on Shoulders, Back and Biceps. I substituted some cardio burpee exercises with leg exercises and my quads are pumped. I also used 3 risers when Yvette uses 2 and 4 when she uses 3. WoW!!!!! Workout was 1 hour 14 minutes and I burned 808 calories. I did so many jumping jacks it was crazy. These workouts are so good for a calorie burn and then I use Cathe Live for weight work, it is really working for me. I still have to figure out what is wrong with my TM, I will go on line this weekend and check the forums.

Debbie, I will start writing my workouts down for you to show you how I sub out some exercises and get a really good workout. Good job on your workout today, I like that one when I am in the mood to not work too hard :) I like Cathe's earlier workouts, they seem to be harder than the current one's on Cathe LIve. I might do a total body workout tomorrow not sure yet.

Roxie, I am glad that you are safe!

Belinda, awesome job on score at the garage sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I love when I get stuff like that, it makes me so happy to get a good deal.

Diane Sue, Have fun with your grandkids today!

Doz, killing it on the workout! I love Turmeric as well, it does wonders for the aches and pains.

I know this is crazy, but I want to get a really good rowing maching, like the air or water ones :) They are great for the back and legs :)

Happy Friday.

Good Evening,

No workout today my quads are burning today. 8 more feet and they will open the flood gates here an it started raining tonight.

Today ended up being a long day. My car would not start when the grandchildren and I got ready to go out. When my husband got home this evening we went out to get a new battery since that was most likely the problem. We went to 3 places before we could find a battery for my Chevy Spark. So it ended up with me cooking dinner at 8 tonight. Need to get to bed so I can get to the bank early tomorrow since they close at noon and some of my apps are showing more storms late morning. I just heard thunder, so tonight's storms must be starting.

Doz, thanks on my workouts. My dog is 5 and she is still a pup and spoiled. She is still playful and bounces all over the place. Nice workouts even if you are running all of the time :) Great work. Have fun with your grandchildren.

Roxie, they are warning about lakes here and some are not going to be open for memorial day.

Belinda, LOL on buying something you already have. I don't blame you when it was that cheap and in shrink wrap. I gave my Zumba Exhilarate to a woman my husband works with to use. I doubt I get them back, but did not care that much.

Debbie, nice workout. I have noticed most of Cathe's newer abs work is different. I think a lot takes some of the pressure off of the neck with things like kick throughs, various plank work, moguls etc. The only thing is the change off is lots of pressure on the wrists and somewhat in the shoulders. But, a variety is good. My wrists and hands hurt today and I know it is from the Fit Split Abs then doing plank rows, burpees, and squat thrusts with the other workouts the last couple of days.
I think that the Total Gym has changed some. The one at my friends house looks much more sturdy and seems to have a lot to it. The video clips I saw of Cathe using one for the streaming service looked pretty good. But, I like using free weights. It seems like once you get really good at it progressing might not be so good. I kind of felt that way with the Bow Flex even after we added more bars to it.
You ladies talking about hot flashes came to mind when I was looking over the Boiron Homeopathic Medicine guide. They have one for hot flashes called Acteane. Acteane.com for info. I have been using their products for my allergies with some success.

Roselyn, you are lucky if you get to skip the hot flashes and misery from menopause. I have not set a rotation and kept at it that long in quite some time. I have old ones written up that I had put together that worked well. But, with old workouts.

Jolie, you do some wicked sounding cardio workouts with Yvette :) I think my knees would really hurt with raising the step that much, but you are taller than I am. Great calorie burns too.

Good morning,

D68 Booty is done. We will go for a hike soon.

Diane and Jolie - well, the Zumba set was marked at $5 :) It was an amazing price at $5. I ask her if she would take a $1 :p and $.50 for the P57. I really didn't needed the dvd's in the first place. The lady really wanted to get rid of the dvd's, she couldn't wait to sell them. Great job on your workouts.

Good job on your workouts, everyone.

Have a great and safe weekend, everyone.

I ran to the bank this morning before my workout. I wanted to make sure I got that accomplished. It rained some more last night :eek: I did I Max 2, which seemed much easier than I remember it. Maybe it is because I used to do it with an 8 inch step and not a 6 inch. This was 55 minutes, met 8.0, 389 calories, 4866 steps, heart rate average 150, max 175. I then did Cardio and Weights Step cardio premix skipping the warm up, 30 minutes, met 6.6, 177 calories, heart rate average 139, max 166, 2,453 steps. Total time was 85 minutes, 566 calories, 7,319 steps. I remember that I used to do the Terminator premix that was intervals of Imax 2 and cardio and weights incorporating the light weight segments. I did it a lot because I got a higher burn out of it than just I max 2. Really I was remembering the shorter time of the step portion of step jump and pump at around 16 minutes when I started cardio and weights step. I was planning extra stretching instead of that long of a cardio workout:oops: Awe well, it turned out well.

Belinda, I am sure that you will find something to do with those dvds :) It is funny how people don't even use them after buying. Or maybe they buy thinking of sharing like you have. Maybe I should do that since I have been loaning and you know when you do that they don't always return. I don't worry about it much. I have plenty and if I really want it I can buy another, right?

Today I am sore and tired so I picked Cathe Live, Strong Express Upper Body and had a great short workout. Workout was 36 minutes and I burned 268 calories. This is a high rep Giant Set type workout, really great for when you are short on time or just tired. The shoulder workout in this is amazing, wow on the shoulder burn. I There is no heavy lifting so if you are nursing and injury or something, this would work for you. She is all over the place on reps and exercises so I couldn't write it down. I do like this workout and will be doing it again.

Diane Sue, wow on the storms you are getting! I hope your car started :( Good job on the I MAX 2, those are tuff. I could never do those types of workouts, I got too dizzy...

Belinda, nice workout today and enjoy your hike. I took my dog for a walk this morning like I always do and went up the steepest hill, in 20 minutes I burned 200 calories. The walk down was a breeze :) I am going to the beach this afternoon to take my dog for a long walk in the soft sand, that is killer on the legs.

Happy Memorial Day weekend. WE are not doing anything, my husband is working all weekend and it is supposed to rain tomorrow and snow in the mountains in Big Bear where I was supposed to go for a BBQ. Im not BBQing in the snow! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.