Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mau 2019

Legs used to be by dread factor too.... probably when I was running - I don't mind as much now but still prefer to do a total body workout. Mostly because I don't like taking an entire workout just to do bicep and tricep (small muscles) - I'd rather do them in between some large muscle groups.

This morning I did Fit Body Challenge - Sweat & Burn by Michelle Dozios. Really like this floor cardio based workout! Fun music too!

Today I did Kelly's RAW R&R May with the heavy bag. Love that workout, so fun!! My legs really burn on my elliptical, I wonder if that is normal? I did some 10 second sprints on it and increased the resistance when she did with her bike. I noticed she has a Peloton. So cool!!!

Workout was 46 minutes, burned only 277 calories, HR was 117/154 and did 4024 steps.

Belinda - That series sounds like a good one with all the different types of weeks. Nice job doing it for this long, that is a LONG series!!! Glad your friends husband is home and recovering.

Diane - I also heard you shouldn't crack your knuckles. I've been doing it for years and years. I try to stop but it's just a nervous habit I have. Legs are also a dread factor for me but now I don't seem to mind working them. Maybe because it's been so damn long since I have worked them. LOL!! It feels good to be able to do a leg workout again.

Jolie - I need to do Vertical Loading again soon. I think I might do the Stacked Sets one tomorrow. Nice going on your workout. And I agree with Diane, you really have some impressive energy!! Also, holy cow on the 20# overhead presses!! I can do 15's if it's only like 8 to 10 reps, sometimes 12 - but no way on the 16 reps! How on earth did you do that? The other exercises you did were pretty up there with weights, too. Nice job!!

Roxie - Your lakes sound like ours, all our beaches are closed. Hope the water recedes soon!

DOZ - Great job with your workout as usual. You kick butt every time you do one!!

Doreen - Great job with your workout this morning!! You are doing some interesting things. I'll have to check out the clip you posted.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Getting here late today :) I did my workout and then my grandson and I went out. I started with P90X3 Cold Start warm up. I have always liked that one added to those workouts as it loosens things up nicely. It is 13 minutes, 44 calories, heart rate 112 average, 173 max ?? , met 4.0, 433 steps. I guess the higher end cardio must have been during the few jacks that were in there or something.
I then did Cathe Lite Strong Body Upper Body Stacked Sets premix Total Body with abs #2. This starts with Pyramid Pump Lower Body and then moves on to Upper Stacked sets finishing with the abs. 92 minutes (81 actual), heart rate average 102, max 140, 460 calories, met 5.90, 1,635 steps. Total time was 105 minutes, 2,068 steps, 504 calories.
Weights today
Pyramid pump lower
rear slide lunges 8,10,12,10,8# dbs 12,10,8,10,12 reps
step ups with 3 risers 8,10,12,10,8 # dbs 12,10,8,10,12 reps
side slide lunges 10,12,15,12,10 # db 12,10,8,10,12 reps
elevated lunges step with 1 riser 10,12,15,12,10 # dbs 12,10,8,10,12 reps
sliding cross back lunges 8,10,12,10,8# dbs 12,10,8,10,12 rpes
deadlifts 10,12,15,12,10# dbs 12,10,8,10,12 reps ( I altered these a bit to help protect my back)
calf raises 10,12,15,12,10# dbs 30,25,20,25,30 reps
Stacked Sets Upper Body
dips 32 reps
triceps push ups 12 reps
close bench /flat bench/combo 12 # dbs 24 reps
chest flys 12# dbs 8 reps one and a halfs
plyo push ups on step 12 reps
repeat
dumbbell squeeze and press 5# dbs
overhead press one and a halfs 10# dbs 8 reps
lateral raise 8# dbs 8 reps one and a halfs
lateral U raise 8# dbs 8 reps
hip huggers 12# dbs 16 reps
repeat
pull overs one and a halfs 15# dbs 8 reps
double arm dead row 15# dbs 16 reps
hip hinge back fly 3 count as 1, 10# dbs 8 reps (there is an awful lot of bent over stuff in this workout)
biceps curls 15# dbs 8 reps
8 point drop curls 12# 16 reps
hammer curls 15# dbs 8 reps
reverse curls 12# dbs 8 reps
repeat

Good Evening,

It’s been a busy week with ballgames eye appointments and car issues so workouts are sparse. I am going to join KCM and others in doing a Raw rotation starting June 1 she will post the workout for each day.

Reactions: WD
Roxie, I saw that Kelly was going to do that. I don't think that I have missed any of the workouts yet. I do like them and return to my favorites. I wonder if she will put them in a particular order or just start by first to last.

Debbie, my legs burn when I do the out of the seat and hill climbs on the spin bike. That is probably because you have to increase tension on the wheel when you are climbing and out of the seat.

Doreen, I have noticed Kelly does not do a many just legs workouts. She said something about preferring to put them with something else. I guess I really need to try a couple of Michele Dozios workouts just to see why everyone seems to like her workouts.

Belinda, nice work on TB Core.

Doz, good work today. I figured those pounds would drop back off. I am tired today. Too much non stop stuff going on I guess and little sleep. Hope to make up some tonight.

Roselyn, good job on the Body Beast workout.

I almost didn't workout today because my allergies are really kicking in and my head is full and I have a bad headache. But, I decided to do Cathe Live Stacked Upper Body from 3/14/19 and had a great workout. My head drained while doing the workout but I still have a headache. I really like this workout, lots of 1.5 moves and that really burns.

Giant sets repeated once - so 2 times through each giant set.

Giant Set 1
Dips
- 48/32 reps
Lying Triceps Extensions: 12's - 7 reps
Pushups: 16 reps on knees, just didn't have it in me to do toes
Close Grip Bench Press: 17.5's - 7/8 reps
Dumbbell Press: 17.5's - 8 reps (1.5)
Close Grip to Flat Bench Press: 17.5's - 4 reps

Giant Set 2
One Arm Wide Row:
20# - 8 reps (palms back then front is one rep)
Pullovers: 30# - 10/8 reps
Hip Hinge/Back Fly: 12's - 7 reps (3 flies, stand, do it again)
Biceps Drop Curls: 15's/12's/10's - 8 reps each no rest
8 Point Drop Curls: 12's - 8 counts (love these!)
W Curls: 10's - 8 reps

Giant Set 3
Hip Huggers:
17.5's/15's - 24/20 reps
Overhead Press: 12's - 8 reps (1.5's)
Front/Side Raise: 5's - 8 reps
Lateral U Raise: 8's - 8 reps
Shoulder Circles: 5's - 2 time at 8 reps each

Great workout!! It was 48 minutes total, burned 371 calories, HR was 145/197 and did 1055 steps.

Diane - Nice workout yesterday, I don't think I have P90X3. I do like the P90 series.

Roxie - Kelly's rotation sounds like it will be fun. Where will she be posting the workouts to do at? I wish she'd start tweeting again because I'm not on FB. :(

Hope you all have great workouts and a great weekend!!

Great workouts everybody!!

This morning I did Fit Tower Total Body workout. Just a few equipment setup glitches that I had to stop and rewind for since I don't have a Fit Tower and use my squat stands with a bar instead. Still- I like the workout - it moves and hits everything without too much bicep and tricep work (not my favorite!)

Hi everyone,

I did Day 73 Cardio Core + 3 mile walk this morning. I am fried.

Great job, everyone. You all doing great!

Need to keep going. Have a wonderful day and workout, ladies.

Checking in late today and yesterday was my scheduled rest day. Today I did Cathe Live Buff Upper Body. I actually had to go heavier on most exercises and I did the last set to failure. I changed the workout up a bit to give me the workout I was looking for today. I ended up liking it a lot and had a great workout. Workout was one hour and I burned 468 calories. Next I took my dog to the beach and walked for 3 miles and burned another 370 calories.

Seated Overhead Press- 22's x 12, x 10, x 12 TF ( 3 rounds of each circuit)
Sweeping Bicep Curls- 17's x 16, x 12, x 20 TF
Upright Rows- 15's x 12, x 10, x 12 TF
W Curls- 15's x 12, x 10, x 12 TF
Finisher- Hammer Curls- 15's x 16, 12's x 16, x 10's x16 ( Dropset )

Rear Flies- 12's x 10, x 10, x 10
Front Raises- 10's x 10, x 10, x 10
Finisher- Lateral Raises 5's
Side Raises- x 8, x 6, x 4, x 2, x alternating singles x 6
Front side raises, x 8, x 6, x 4, x 2, x alternating singles x 6

Lying Triceps Ext.- 15's x 12, x 10, x 15 TF
Cross Body lying Ext.- 12's x 12, x 10, x 12 TF
Kickbacks- 10's x 12, x 10, x 13 TF

Chest Press- 25's x 12, x 10, x 14 TF
Chest Flies- 17's x 12, x 10, x 14 TF
Close Grip Chest Press- 20's x 12, x 10, x 13 TF
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 12, x 10, x 13 TF
1 Arm Rows- 30's x 12, x 10, x 15 TF
1 Arm Horz. Rows- 17's x 12, x 10, x 12 TF

My mom is visiting so I am short on time, she came on Wed and is leaving tomorrow. I will catch up with everyone this weekend.

Great workouts everyone!

Happy Friday.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 3, 43 minutes, heart rate average 138, max 167, 4,071 steps, met 8.3, 297 calories. I then did Raw Step #2 stopping at 25 minutes when she does a break and says if you want to go on you can, I forwarded to the end where she does standing "waistline" and stretch. This was 32 minutes, 2,802 steps, 220 calories, met 8.3, heart rate 141 average, max 174. I finished off with Lite Extended Stretch #2, 11 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, 548 calories, 6,882 steps. My husband and I ran errands afterward and then I went to Sprouts and came back and finished off the. I am past 10,000 steps right now.

Debbie, my allergies have really kicked in since we have had all of the rain. I was doing so well with Boiron Rhinallergy till all of the storms and I think molds kicked up. I have wondered if the sinusalia formula would work since if works for sinus problems ant congestion due to allergies. Cardio generally seems to loosen things up for awhile. I woke the last three mornings with headache and congestion along with watery eyes, sneezing and coughing. It is leaving me really tired. This afternoon I drank a can of coffee from the grocery store and didn't realize till I looked later that it had double caffeine. I am in trouble when I try to sleep tonight. I can already tell. I don't know what I was thinking when I drank it anyway.

The nice thing about P90X 3 is the workouts are all around 30 minutes with an option of adding the cold start warm up. I sort of had wished I got the extra weight training discs with it. There is a lower and upper, I should go through them again. A yoga and a pilates workout. I liked the kickbox one which I think was probably the longest one. I just wish Tony was not confusing me by the right side left side mirroring thing. Otherwise it is a fun one to do. I just find myself on the wrong leg at times. I have used the yoga a lot. There is a dynamix workout. Trying to remember all of the workouts off the top of my head. The upper used either tubing from a doorway option or pull ups for some of it. It was nice when I had it when we stayed with our daughter waiting on a house and I wanted a quick workout. I did not have the option of pull ups so used the tubing and I used my Bowflex weights. It is a program that is pretty well rounded and has a bit of everything in it. Nice work today. I really like those 8 point drop curls too. She does those in the Stacked Sets upper body lite workout.
Kelly started that rotation moving through all of the workouts with explanations on the facebook page, her own and the other group.

Kelly's post today :
The time has come to jump into your summer fitness regimen. If you are a subscriber on my Coffeyfit Raw fitness channel, your workout tomorrow is Tabata Barbell-DB posted on 11/6/2017

This strength training workout will have you performing the lifts in a tabata format (20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest). Every muscle group is worked efficiently and time flies by. *All barbell moves can be performed with DBs.
If you are doing the DVD summer rotation, your workout is the Get Ready Step Go DVD!
Let's do this!!!!!!

Doreen, I like that Fit Tower workout, but even with the Fit Tower I end up making adjustments and really feel there is not much necessity for it as I am not lifting so heavy on those bench presses to need a rack. Also the standing work can be done with a chair. I think that is the one with the one legged press or something standing and holding the bar, or maybe I am thinking of another. It is a good total body workout though. The tower was kind of in my way for the leg work that used the step.

Belinda, great job with the 3 mile walk after day 73.

Jolie, great workout and the beach walk with your dog sounds nice. Enjoy your time with your mother.

Good morning,

Day 74 Booty is done. DH and I finished Phase 3. Next week is Peak week. So excited 6 more workouts.

DH and I meeting up with some friends this evening. See you all tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy your Saturday.

This morning I did Raw Step Drills and Compound moves, 36 minutes, heart rate average 135, max 168, met 7.5, 232 calories, 2481. I followed this with Lite Body Weight and Bands calorie crush with the warm up, 13 minutes, 81 calories, met 7.70, heart rate 134 average, 159 max,1,124 steps, and finished with Body Weight and Bands standing only premix skipping the warm up, 26 minutes, met 6.5, 134 calories, 990 steps, heart rate average 11, max 142. Raining again today. I think it will rain all week! That is why I wanted to get the lawn mowed yesterday.

Belinda, nice work with only 6 more days left :)

I almost didn't workout today because my allergies are really kicking in and my head is full and I have a bad headache. But, I decided to do Cathe Live Stacked Upper Body from 3/14/19 and had a great workout. My head drained while doing the workout but I still have a headache. I really like this workout, lots of 1.5 moves and that really burns.

Giant sets repeated once - so 2 times through each giant set.

Giant Set 1
Dips
- 48/32 reps
Lying Triceps Extensions: 12's - 7 reps
Pushups: 16 reps on knees, just didn't have it in me to do toes
Close Grip Bench Press: 17.5's - 7/8 reps
Dumbbell Press: 17.5's - 8 reps (1.5)
Close Grip to Flat Bench Press: 17.5's - 4 reps

Giant Set 2
One Arm Wide Row:
20# - 8 reps (palms back then front is one rep)
Pullovers: 30# - 10/8 reps
Hip Hinge/Back Fly: 12's - 7 reps (3 flies, stand, do it again)
Biceps Drop Curls: 15's/12's/10's - 8 reps each no rest
8 Point Drop Curls: 12's - 8 counts (love these!)
W Curls: 10's - 8 reps

Giant Set 3
Hip Huggers:
17.5's/15's - 24/20 reps
Overhead Press: 12's - 8 reps (1.5's)
Front/Side Raise: 5's - 8 reps
Lateral U Raise: 8's - 8 reps
Shoulder Circles: 5's - 2 time at 8 reps each

Great workout!! It was 48 minutes total, burned 371 calories, HR was 145/197 and did 1055 steps.

Diane - Nice workout yesterday, I don't think I have P90X3. I do like the P90 series.

Roxie - Kelly's rotation sounds like it will be fun. Where will she be posting the workouts to do at? I wish she'd start tweeting again because I'm not on FB. :(

Hope you all have great workouts and a great weekend!!

Debbie-its on Facebook

Bummer, I'm not on Facebook. Oh well, I probably wouldn't do the rotation anyways since I'm doing Cathe Live most of the time.

I previewed her new Leg Block Party workout posted last Thursday and I think I'm going to do that one on Wednesday. It looks hard but it looks fun. We'll see how I do on all that high impact cardio. I will modify when I need to. This one has 3 Block, each block starts with 3 minutes of cardio and then you do 3 to 4 exercises for legs and then repeat those. I hope I have the energy on Wednesday to do it. I have my rubber puzzle floor mats out from storage to do it on. OMG, my cat used to eat the mats, I don't know if I even mentioned that on here. Every one of them are chewed on or clawed on. He was puking constantly and that is why. I ended up taking the mats out of my workout room because he just would not stop eating it. When I'm done with them I plan on storing them in the room we have them all in. That way he can't get to them. Why would a cat eat rubber like that? So weird.

Last night I had a poor nights sleep, my son and husband were arguing and it kept me up and I have hot flashes so bad again I cant stand it. Anyway, I thought I picked and easy Yvette workout, I was too tired to do a hard cardio one, so I picked Moderate impact step/ multi muscle group training and used 3 risers instead of 2. Holy smokes, this was tougher than I remember. I was probably too tired for a workout like this, but I muscled through :) In the end I had a great workout. This one focuses on 45 minutes of low impact cardio with or without the step, emphasis on legs, shoulders, back and abs. I used heavier weights this time and it made a huge difference along with one more riser. Workout was about an hour and I burned 639 calories. Last time I did it I burned 536 calories, using 2 risers and a little lower weight. I am dripping wet and feel great.

Wow, we are all kickin butt with our workouts!

Doreen, thanks for that clip, I will check it out later.

I hope everyone has a great day, its my 53rd Bday and I have plans to watch some tennis today, which I love, and possibly make something nice for lunch. I had the best time with my mom for 4 days so that is all I need.

Happy birthday, Jolie! Sorry about the fight between your husband and son. Glad you had an amazing time with your mom. WTG, on your workout today. Enjoy watching some tennis today.

Good Evening,

This weekend was a girls weekend and we went ziplining seven lines had to go up hill to each line 2 miles total and then had to do a trust drop of forty feet to get back to camp it was fun but scary an my legs were burning because we had to climb stairs at each platform

Today is my usual rest/stretch day. I pulled out Kelly's Boot Camp and did the warm up and bonus stretch, 22 minutes, 51 calories. I also did 5 minutes of the bonus core work from Fit Tower Advanced while waiting for my husband to finish his shower so I could take mine. If I run water upstairs he gets scalded down stairs at times and sometimes it is more like a cold shower.

Debbie, I have my puzzle mats stacked in the corner of the room. For some reason the carpet upstairs in this house just makes them slide across the room or if I weight them down with stuff, they move and bunch up. I find it annoying. I would love to be able to use them. They are 7/8 inch thick large ones. I have even tried some velcro tape on the back hoping it would stick to the carpet. It didn't work and probably would have fuzzed up the carpet anyway. The only problem I ever had is scratches from the dogs claws on them. I had a grandchild poke a pencil into one. I had a grandchild bite my yoga blocks and blame it on the dog. LOL, you could see the childs teeth marks. I still use those yoga blocks. I can understand it would make your cat vomit. Animals can do things that are totally odd. My bunny used to gnaw on everything. Bitter Yuck did not deter him. I had to use a squirt gun on him or a spray bottle. I pull out my rebounder for some jumping. Most workouts are not too hard to adjust the moves that are just not for me. Like those flying jack moves, I don't like how I feel when I land so mine or more just jumps that are a little wide. A little impact is okay, but not tons of it. At least that Cathe workout is shorter cardio bursts between weights.
I think Kelly is doing a floor workout tomorrow. She did the Just step today. I kind of prefer my own order and I do have my favorites. I wonder if she posted on Instagram. I don't look there often. She is also working from oldest to newest dvds. She asked how many were doing the summer challenge. To see if she should go on with it. She is filming later this month for her two new dvds.

Jolie, family squabbles can really lead to anxiety and make it hard to relax. Sorry, you didn't get much sleep. You got in a great workout anyway. Happy Birthday. I hope that you had a wonderful time and watching tennis was relaxing and enjoyable.

Roxie, I bet ziplining was fun with your friends. That sounds like a workout in itself along with being fun. I would be scared to death.

Hi to DOZ and Belinda

Good morning,

D75 AAA is done. 5 more workouts to go :)

That's it for me today. Have a great Monday and workout everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.