Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mau 2019

Today I did Yvette's Step/Heavy Weights/ Core Circuits and had a fantastic workout. I actually did extra exercises at the end to get a better workout :) Workout was 1 hour 10 minutes and I burned 731 calories. This workout included 45 minutes of step cardio, low and moderate impact, I did mostly low impact or weighted leg exercises, then Chest and Triceps exercises and core. The rep range for Chest and Triceps was 8 to 12 reps. My average heart rate was 123 and max was 169. This is one of the her easier workouts but very effective.

Debbie, sorry about your hand but you still got a kick butt workout in anyway :) I now live 2 hours away from my parents and I don't see them very often. The are coming for my birthday this weekend so that will be fun.

Belinda, good workout today, what do you do for shred week, a lot of cardio?

DOZ, sorry about your nephew. I am glad you got to go the bed early last night I did as well.

Doreen, I am glad you had a good weekend with your kids. nice workout

Diane Sue, good job on the new RAW workout today, that looks really fun.

Roxie, i hope it stops raining in your neck of the woods!

Roselyn, how is your hip doing? Great job on the BB workouts.

Have a fantastic day, I am hosing off patios today and buying some planted flowers in pretty pots to put out:)

It is absolutely beautiful at the beach today, I think I might go for a walk later

Reactions: WD
I think I am going to get me Real Estate license. I am a sales person at heart and the average home here is over $1 million dollars so I would only have to sell two a year to make some good money. Im just pondering, I have been thinking about it for about 10 years. I should just pull the trigger and go for it. Once my son is out of school in two weeks I might just start the process.

Debbie - thank you for your kind world. What are friends are for, right? She was a neves rack yesterday. I couldn't just leave her in the hospital alone. She is thanking me since yesterday. Her husband is doing a little better today. Great job on your workout.

Jolie - go for it :) Wow, on the $$ you would make. How much would it cost you to get your Real Estate license? Shred week from what I can tell, mixes all 3 phases. Not a lot of cardio. I can't wait to give Yvette a try once I am done. WTG, girl!

DOZ - my thought and prayers are with you and your nephew family (((HUGS))) I hope they will find that person.

Good Evening,

I did BeachBody LiiFT 4 WK1 D1 Chest and Triceps. The next rounds of storms are moving in and the rivers are so full after this weekend. I got some sunshine yesterday.

Debbie-thanks for the prayers we are still not out of the woods.

Diane-I hope you don’t get any more bad weather

I got a lot done today. My husband called to make sure that I was weather aware as as they were having tornado warnings in our area and where our family is. I got on shoes and set my tornado prep back pack in the bathroom. It went past us and north and seems to have let up for our area. We even missed the forecast of possible baseball size hail and rains with it.

Debbie, I picked up some of the deodorant that you said that you use today and it is nice. I tried some Almay hypoallergenic roll on and it was so sticky. Then I looked and it has aluminum siicate in it. I am going to have a cabinet of tried deodorants. Lol I think they said we have had double the amount of tornadoes just this month from normal. I have had products suddenly be missing from all of the stores and come back with a whole new package design. Although searching on the internet, I think Kiss my face is not there anymore. I am glad that your hand is better. Lifting would probably not have been a good idea.

Doreen, nice that you and your daughter got to ride bikes for awhile. That Kelly Coffey is a good one for getting in some weight work. Did you do it with the active rests? That was always my favorite way to use it.

Doz, I feel bad for your family with the loss of your nephew. You did well today after getting some rest ;) Those extra pounds will probably be gone in a couple of days. Keep up the good work.

Jolie, that looks like a good Yvette workout. LOL on you adding to it. I am sure it was tough enough ;) You would do well in real estate sales. Putting flowers out in pots will cheer things up :) I love flowers.

Belinda, the shred mixture will be fun I am sure. I bet it is getting a bit tedious though. I start getting bored to death near the end of those long rotations. Something completely different for a bit would be nice for you. That was so nice that you were able to be there to help your friend. I am glad her husband is a bit better.

Roselyn, nice work on Biceps and Back.

Roxie, nice work getting in the Lift workout. I hope your storms are not bad. Maybe they will pass you by. We have more rain forecast for tomorrow, but the ones this afternoon/evening passed us by. I am relieved. They started the warnings when I was outside cleaning up leaves and twigs from storms along our walkway and getting trash cans out. We found some shingles on the ground by our house after the last storm. We, are going to have to have a roofer come out and take a look. I hope the storm season is about done for awhile. This has been crazy.

Good morning,

D71 legs is done.

Diane - I am excited I have only a few more workouts left. Can't wait to go to shred week. Thanks about my friends husband. I am glad it wasn't his heart. Sorry about the weather and you have to deal with the tornadoes too. Stay safe!

Roxie - I hope you don't get anymore bad weather too. Stay safe!

Roselyn - good job yesterday.

Happy Hump Day, everyone.

My hand is better but still sore near the middle knuckle. I think I did something to it when I cracked it the other night (I have a horrible habit of cracking my knuckles). I'm glad it is better today. Today I did Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets from 6/30/16. I like how they are now numbering the workouts. That will make them to much easier to find. Had a great workout, she moves a bit too fast on this one (as always) but I just paused it here and there.

GIANT SET 1 - Upper
3 times through - 12/12/8 reps
Overhead Press: 15's
Rear Delt Flies: 12's
Upright Rows: 12's
Triceps Extensions: 20#

GIANT SET 2 - Lower
2 times through - 12 reps
Side Slide Lunges: 10#
Squats: 15's
Deadlifts: 40# barbells
Slide Back Lunges: 10's

GIANT SET 3 - Core
Plank/One Arm Row: 12#
Elbow Situps
In/Out Plank w/Plates
- (I did Russian Twist with 8#)
One-Arm Situps: 8's

GIANT SET 4 - Upper
3 times through - 12/12/8 reps
Barbell Biceps Curl: 25#
Hammer Curls: 15's
Lateral Raise: 8's - 16/16/8 reps
Pushups: 12/12/12 reps

GIANT SET 5 - Lower
Back Cross Slide Lunges: 10#
Wide Stance Deadlifts: 35# barbell
Alternate Diagonal Lunges: 10's
Plie Squats: 12's - 42 reps (lots of pulses)

GIANT SET 6 - Core
2 times through
Plank w/Kickbacks: skipped
Alternate Leg Raise: skipped
Spidermans w/plates - skipped
Russian Twist: skipped
Skipped this set due to time

Workout was 58 minutes, burned 364 calories and HR was 125/168 and did 2042 steps.

Doreen - Good job working out even though you didn't feel like it.

Diane - How did you like the June R&R? I really liked the one with the bag, I definitely want to do that again, maybe tomorrow. We had 8 tornadoes south of us which took out two neighborhoods. So sad to see those people without homes. Hope your weather is calming down.

DOZ - I'm sure that weight gain was just water and sodium. As soon as you drink tons of water and eat right, it will go away. Nice job with your workouts yesterday! I am so sorry about your nephew. Prayers to you and your family!!

Jolie - Great job with your workout!! Yvette kicks ass. I might try her sometime soon. I thought you had your real estate license? Yes you should definitely do that. It can't be hard to sell two house in a year, the market has sky rocketed here.

Roxie - Hope you are ok, I hear you got more tornadoes and storms last night. We had 8 tornadoes here the other night, but more south of us. Scary weather!!!

Belinda - What is Shred? Is that part of the workout you are doing or another series. Is your friends husband back home yet?

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Debbie - it the same program. The last week is called Peak week (shred). The final week is a mix of workouts from all 3 phases, allowing you to push hard and see how much stronger you have become. The Peak Week with the heathy food will leave you looking lean, shredded :) I probably will do the program again in the winter. I do like the program, especially Phase 1 and 2. Phase 3 has a lot of Plyo, which I couldn't do. I like here modifier a lot, been following her for the Plyo moves. Thanks for asking about my friends husband. He is home.

Today I did a Sydney Cummings At Home Murph workout at the park with my sandbag. This was a great idea of hers to modify the Memorial Day hero workout to be done at home. She did 8 minutes of cardio (simulating the mile run) then 30 seconds of back (to simulate the pull ups), 45 seconds of pushups or chest, and 60 seconds of squats. Each round of the strength was done 2x and then three new exercises for 2x. At the end she did another 8 minutes of cardio (for the final mile run) but I had to quit to get to work. I loved all the variations of back, pushups and squats and it was a great workout for the park since it didn't need a lot of different equipment.

Quick check in as I have my 8 year old grandson here. I did Cathe's Party Rockin Step #1, 54 minutes , heart rate average 146, max 174, 4,731 steps, met 7.0, 341 calories. I don't know why Fit Bit is giving me an extra 226 calories based on my measured activity on top of the 341.

I was going to take my grandson out to the store and his favorite eating place (McDonalds :p) but am going to wait till tomorrow when storms aren't headed our way. I need to find something for him to do besides play video games and watch television which is the main reason her is here part of the summer. Maybe board games and an art project would be good.

Belinda, nice work on legs day :) That is great that there is a modifier for the plyo on those workouts. Have you been following the eating program?

Debbie, I liked the June Ripped and Ride which she put under intervals. It has a bit more weight work I think than some of them. My favorites are the bag one and the kettle bell and dumbbell one. I cracked knuckles when I was a kid. I think I read somewhere that it is bad to do that. Same as you wouldn't want other joints cracking and popping. I am glad it is better now. Great workout today. You got a good amount of calories for that weight workout. These storms seem to just keep coming. I saw on the news the pattern of the storms in several states. I think we get Thursday and Friday as a reprieve and then they start up again. Last I looked at 10 day it seems all next week there is going to be rain. I hope that changes!!

Roxie, wishing you safety with these storms. The city we moved from has gotten so much flooding and water has had to be let out. They are saying city businesses may be in trouble. Two lakes close by and the river that runs by. I remember flooding with less storms before when we lived there. This is awful. Those rivers tend to keep rising even after the rains from the drain off.

Doreen, that sounds like another really good workout. I bet it was fun doing it in the park. Are there people at the park when you workout? I find it interesting that more parks are setting up a bit for other than children to get in some activity.

Diane Sue, when my mom watched my boys in the summer when they were little, she always had them do some sort of gardening, taught them how to cook, BBQ, sew buttons on shirts and wash her windows:) She would make it so fun for them they didn't even know they were learning how to become adults or do chores! They are both totally manly men and know how to bake a pie :) Their favorite is strawberry.

Total I did a Cathe Live workout, Vertical Loading, but I changed it up a bit to more of my liking and had a great workout. At the end of each circuit I added ABS since Cathe doesn't include any in this workout. 2 Rounds of each circuit, there are 3, and I tried to go to failure on each set. I need to go heavier next time on some exercises, my rep range got really high :) Workout was 1 hour 4 minutes and I burned 540 calories.

Overhead Press Seated- 20's x 16, x 16 ( did each circuit 2 times )
Bicep Curls Traditional- 17's x 24, x 22
Triceps Kickbacks- 10's x 20, x 18
Chest Press- 25's x 20, x 16
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 16, x 12
Squats- 15's x 26, x 16
ABS- Bicycles x 50, x 50

Lateral To Front Raise- 8's x 12, x 12
Hammer Curls- 15's x 25, x 25
Lying Triceps Ext.- 15's x 16, x 16
Rear Delt Flies- 10's x 10, 9, 8, x 10, 9, 8
Chest Flies- 15's x 25, x 20
4 Squats to 2 Deadlifts- 15's x 8 rounds, x 6 rounds
ABS- Alt. Leg Raises, 2# ankle weights x 40, Med Ball alt. leg raises to crunch ? x 30

Upright Rows- 15's x 20, x 20
W Curls- 15's x20, x 16
Close Grip Chest Press- 20's x 16, x 16
Incline Chest Press- 20's x 20, x 16
1 Arm Rows- 25's x 16, x 16
Front Squat Heels Elevated - 15# x 30, x 25
ABS- Crunches- x 50, Med Ball Toss 6# x 20

Finisher: Deadlifts DB- x 15's x 20, x 20

I loved this workout.

Debbie, I almost did the exact same workout that you did today, I changed at the last minute! Great job on the weights! I am glad you had Is feeling better.

Doreen, I haven't heard of that workout before. Where do you find your workouts?

Diane Sue, scary weather you have been having lately. My mom taught my boys how to paint with water colors too. Another fun thing to do is she would get ginger bread houses after Xmas and keep them and let them do them all year round. For the 4th of July, she would get red whit and blue candy. :) Puzzles are fun

Roxie, stay safe.

Roselyn, nice workout yesterday.

Belinda, legs is my dread factor!!!!!!! I don't ever do a total leg routine anymore, I incorporate them into my upper body workouts or I would never do them :(

Have a wonderful day. My mom is coming for 4 days to stay for my birthday! yeah!!!!!

Jolie, nice workout again today. You seem to be so energetic with the long walks along with your intense workouts. Then taking on other things. I think I would need a nap in between. When I get enough sleep at night my energy levels are much better, but that just does not seem to happen.
I had not thought of buying up extra gingerbread houses. Cute idea to buy red white and blue decor. I have some that love painting and creating. A good way to get seedlings and leaves cleaned out of a planter is to offer some change for each bucket. They end up finding it fun. They will help for free though, although sometimes I find myself cleaning up the pile they make of leaves or something to play in LOL We watched you tube videos and tried our hand at oragami this afternoon. He went home with oragami claws on his fingers. The 5 year old grandson loves to cook. He always wants to make cookies. He likes to measure and put it in the mixing bowl. I have to guide him to do it slowly so I am not scooping flour off the floor and counter. My son cooks. He has made some awesome meals and definitely a manly person. I think he is the reason his son is so creative and he can cook as well. He likes to make pies and went to a culinary class at the votech. I used to keep him from annoying the granddaughters when I would keep the older 5 children during the summer months by setting him up with a project. He could come up with really creative present wrapping, all kinds of "contraptions" as he would call them. I also set them up with contests for getting the most steps with those step devices. It kept them active till someone started cheating by shaking their counter. I got school work pages done and things for bubble gum. I figured it was better than a bunch of goodies. We are pretty close with our grandchildren.

Also, as far as legs, they used to be a real dread factor and I would still rather do upper, but I have learned to like legs more since I often have problems with my shoulders, traps, and neck and have to leave that area alone at times. So, I do extra cardio and legs. It has made legs not seem so hard to me now. I used to be so happy I had finished the leg workout for the week.

Good Evening,

I forgot that I wouldn’t be able to workout after work because of a baseball game. The lake here is 3/4 from hitting the flood gates and I have seen the river upstream and they are completely full. As for legs they are a huge dread factor for me.

Hey guys :)

I forgot to check-in after my workout. Thank you all for your prayers I truly appreciate it:):):)

This morning, I did Cardio Coach ‘press play’ and STS Back & Triceps.

Debbie- heck of a workout, nice. This morning stepped on my scale down 1 lb, hopefully down another tomorrow.

I’m tired, have a good night all.

Good morning,

D72 TB Core is done.

Jolie - l dreaded working legs, now I love it! Go figure! I like TB workouts too. I will play around with different workouts in 2 weeks. Great job!

DOZ - WTG, on the weight loss.

Hope you all having a great day and workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.