Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for JUNE 2018

Today I put together a Super set Workout, Chest and Biceps. I added in leg curls and abs and ended with Power Hour Biceps only. This workout was three sets of 12 reps of each Super Set. I am really feeling this workout, no doubt I will be sore tomorrow. Workout was 50 minutes, 304 calories, average 108 and max 155. I used DB's for the entire workout except for Power Hour, I used a BB.

Chest Press- 25# x 12, x 12, x 12 ( 3 rounds of each super set )
Traditional Bicep Curls- 17# x 12, x 12, x 12

Chest Flies- 17# x 12, x 12, x 12
Hammer Curls- 17# x 12, x 12, x 12

Incline Chest Press- 25# x 12, x 12, x 12
W Curls- 15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Incline Flies- 17# x 12, x 12, x 12
Hammer Curls with a twist- 17# x 12, x 12, x 12

Leg Curls- 20# x 12, x 12, x 12

ABS, double leg raises, alt. leg raises, swimmers, crunches

Finisher- Power Hour Biceps, 20# loaded BB

Debbie,
nice job on the kickboxing today. I looked at Kelly's Raw workouts last night and they look good. For some reason I don't like her personality? I still will do her workouts but something rubs me the wrong way. I think I am so used to Cathe and Sagi it is hard to switch to Kelly. I couldn't get into Amy Bento either for some reason. I think I like the workouts and trainers that personally motivate me.

Diane Sue, I could never sleep without a pillow! I hope your neck is feeling better today. I will check later to see what you did for your workout. Nice job on getting a workout in yesterday even with the neck pain.

DOZ, getting it done with Cardio Coach! Great workout today!

Have a nice day!

Today I did 4 Day Split Lower Intensity Step only mix and added the core, 49 minutes, 315 calories, heart rate 122 average, max 162, 2,978 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Athletic Conditioning volume 1 stretch workout, 26 minutes, 55 calories. This stretch is just a basic stretch, nothing new as the Athletic Conditioning workouts are meant for young athletes in school. Total time 75 minutes. I need to hit Sprouts and drive out to my daughter's house to meet my husband who is delivering their truck back to them that they let us borrow. We got the range rover back. They said the transmission went out suddenly because something else broke and shards of metal went into the transmission and messed it up. I hope we do not have anymore costly things come up.

Debbie, I have contemplated taking time off. I may and I may not. It depends on if things keep improving. I have lightened up considerably. I slept without the pillow again last night and it is pretty good today. Although the last real break I have taken was when I had surgery a year and a half ago. Vacations are generally when I take a break. I don't see that happening soon either. I wanted to go to Sprouts today or tomorrow and get stuff to try your peanut butter banana protein pancakes. You are making me really want to sign up for Kelly's streaming. Maybe soon I will. I think the Boxing Sculpting one with Kelly's brother was one of the raw workouts. I did that one. Kelly boxes the air and he uses the heavy bag.

Doz, I have a lipoma in the middle of my torso. It has been there for 6 years now. My daughter (dermatologist) checked it and my doctor has looked at it. I was told if it changed then I might want to do something. I remember my Dad having one on the back of his neck. It got to the size of an egg and they finally removed it. I think sometimes now they can use a needle and aspirate them. At the time they just called it a fatty tumor. I am glad to hear it is not something more serious.

Jolie, nice workout that you put together today. I love Kelly Coffey myself and I find her motivating. We all have our own likes or they would not be so many instructors out there selling their workouts. I enjoy the change from one to another. For some reason I find Kelly more personable, and real. She instructs with it in mind that some people might need to work at a different level and I like that she gives alternatives. I get results from her stuff and she has developed quite a variety of stuff that is different from the other workouts that I have. I get a kick out of Sagi's stories and jokes. Cathe has just always been the Cathe I am used to. No real complaints. There are workouts that other like that I don't. That is just the way it is.

Today I did 4 Day Split Lower Intensity Step only mix and added the core, 49 minutes, 315 calories, heart rate 122 average, max 162, 2,978 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Athletic Conditioning volume 1 stretch workout, 26 minutes, 55 calories. Total time 75 minutes. I need to hit Sprouts and drive out to my daughter's house to meet my husband who is delivering their truck back to them that they let us borrow. We got the range rover back. They said the transmission went out suddenly because something else broke and shards of metal went into the transmission and messed it up. I hope we do not have anymore costly things come up.

Debbie, I have contemplated taking time off. I may and I may not. It depends on if things keep improving. I have lightened up considerably. I slept without the pillow again last night and it is pretty good today. Although the last real break I have taken was when I had surgery a year and a half ago. Vacations are generally when I take a break. I don't see that happening soon either. I wanted to go to Sprouts today or tomorrow and get stuff to try your peanut butter banana protein pancakes. You are making me really want to sign up for Kelly's streaming. Maybe soon I will. I think the Boxing Sculpting one with Kelly's brother was one of the raw workouts. I did that one. Kelly boxes the air and he uses the heavy bag.

Doz, I have a lipoma in the middle of my torso. It has been there for 6 years now. My daughter (dermatologist) checked it and my doctor has looked at it. I was told if it changed then I might want to do something. I remember my Dad having one on the back of his neck. It got to the size of an egg and they finally removed it. I think sometimes now they can use a needle and aspirate them. At the time they just called it a fatty tumor. I am glad to hear it is not something more serious.

Jolie, you put together a nice workout today :)

Wow, I am REALLY sore from the kickboxing I did yesterday with the hand weights. My upper back/shoulder blades are really sore. I foamed rolled them a bit after this workout. Today I did Kelly's RAW Hips & Glutes. It was just ok. The workout ended before Kelly realized it ended. She started doing plank work and then the workout just ends. I wonder if she even realized it? Can't figure out why she would have posted it like that. It was a good workout, just not my favorite.

4 sets of each exercise/30 seconds on/10 seconds off
Squats
- 20's
Barbell Bridges on Bench - 20# (I liked these, could have gone heavier)
Deadlift w/Squats - 20's for 1 set then used my 20# BB
Pizza Press - 3# ankle weights
Fire Hydrants - 3# ankle weights
Straight Leg Alternate Hydrants - 3# ankle weights
Alternate Pizza Press - 3# ankle weights
V-Ups

Hips were burning by the time this was over. Had to rest a few before doing the V-Ups.

I also did the Leg workout in Body Design, it was only like 10 minutes as I skipped the warmup. It was just ok, mostly barre moves.

Both workouts together was 42 minutes, burned 179 calories and HR was 107/138. Didn't even break a sweat with this one.

Then I got on my treadmill and walked for 2.25 miles. Burned an extra 228 calories - walked for 42 minutes and did 5179 steps. HR was 86/124.

Jolie - I also did not like Kelly at first, she seemed really gruff to me. Now I love her. It was just a matter of getting used to her style of instructing and I really like her now. She is fun and she says funny things.

Diane Sue - Glad your neck is feeling a little better, that is awful when it goes on and on. How is Kelly's Athletic Stretch? I find she's not very good with warm ups or stretching. LOL! She even admits it on one of the RAW workouts.

DOZ - Wow on the Lipoma. Never heard of that. I hope it goes away. Nice job on your workout. I also like CC #2, but the warmup up sucks. LOL!!

Have great workouts everyone!!

Morning Everyone,

No workout to report today, woke up put on workout attire, I did stretch and that’s as far as I got. I believe my body was telling me to rest, and I listened :eek:

Well guys it is back to work for me. My training starts tomorrow from 9 to 2; everything changes, will have to start my workouts early and I mean early, just like before when I was working at OMAC, from 8 to 5, I know I can do this,
Just have to adjust a bit, and its not like I’m not up at that time, just laying there watching TV. I’m going to work for my son, he needs me, couldn’t say no.

Back to meal prepping lol

Debbie - Nice workout this morning.

Diane Sue - Nice work. I haven’t done a 4 day split workout in yearssssssssss.

Jolie- Awesome work

Well guys, I’m out have a wonderful day

Last edited:
Today I went for a walk outside, 6.3 miles, 2 hours and 3 minutes, average heart rate was 131 and max was 181. I burned 912 calories. I am really sore from my workout yesterday so I am happy! Tomorrow I will be doing weights again, I will put something together tonight so I am ready to go in the am.

Debbie, nice RAW workout today, I hate when I don't sweat, I feel like I didn't do anything. I am happy that you had tome to walk on your treadmill, I bet that got your heart rate going. I have been on YouTube lately and there are some good weight workouts, I have to review them to see if there is anything I might like to do.

DOZ, good job going back to work, I am going to do that myself soon! I am glad you listened to your body and took a rest day, enjoy your day!

Diane Sue,
I hope you have a nice workout today.

Have a great day!D

This morning I did Amy Bento Ross Hi/Lo Dynamics, combos and intervals 1-3, 40 minutes, 265 calories, heart rate average 133, max 173, 3,318 steps. I followed this with Low Impact series Yoga Relax express 1, 28 minutes, 71 calories. Total time 68 minutes, 336 calories. I skipped the last interval and combo along with the abs since I did abs yesterday. No headache or neck pain at all today :) I have my 7 year old grandson here today and my 18 year old grandson came by for a bit before he went to work. I have my mammogram in the morning.

Debbie, yes, she realized she missed the end of that Raw workout. That was one of the first ones and her battery ran out on her camera. Kind of a learning experience I guess. I have done that one, but do not remember it really well. I think there was some abs at the end. I usually use the body design workouts as add ons to other workouts.

Jolie, nice long walk again today.

Doz, good for you for listening to your body. I have got up like that and spent half the morning procrastinating till I finally decide I really do not have to do the workout. :) I am sure that you will adjust to the work schedule just fine. It was nice having a break. That is good that you are going to work for your son :)

Roselyn, nice work :)

This morning I did Fit Tower Advanced Legs, Glutes, and Core, 48 ,minutes, 212 calories, met 4.0(Workout manager has 7.0 and i don't get that often for cardio!) 448 steps, heart rate average 91, max 136. I estimate the calorie burn by the met value and other activities. Fit Bit does not work well for these types of workouts. It gave me 82 calories, map my fitness using barre gave me 254 calories, calories burned calculator that goes by heart rate only gave me 136 net calories and 170 gross. Anyway, I chose met 4.0 calorie burn because that is a bi lower than most of my weight workouts and 1 point above higher intensity yoga. It works for me that way :) I have to run and get ready to leave for my appointment. It is raining today and I hate going out in rain.

I had am amazing workout this morning, I did Cardio Coach 8 again. Wow, that one is becoming my favorite. I would never do a CC workout if it didn't have sprints in it, and this one does not. It is total endurance running and lot of hills and I love it!! By doing those Treadmill Coach workouts, I can now do these CC workouts that are all hills. Had a great workout, I am a sweaty mess.

Workout was 60 minutes, ran 4.5 miles, burned 513 calories (TM said 607) and went 8876 steps. HR was 141/203.

I also did Stretch Max - started off with the no equipment one but the DVD kept skipping so I did the band one. The DVD looks ok so not sure why it was skipping like that?

Diane Sue - So glad your neck is better, hope it continues to stay that way! Nice job with your workout. Isn't it irritating how different calorie calculators shows different numbers? I pretty much just go with what my FB shows, although sometimes I know it is not right (like with yesterday's workout).

DOZ - It's good to listen to your body, it prevents injuries. Glad you took a rest day yesterday. And OMG on the job. I know about getting up early. I'm on summer hours right now so it's not so bad, but once Aug. 1st hits I'll be getting up at 4:30 to do my workouts again. It's doable, you just need to get to bed a bit earlier. Good luck!!

Jolie - Great job with your walk yesterday, it is amazing how many calories you burn!!! Dang, girl!! How are you doing without your son being home? Are you ok?

Roselyn - Great job with your workout!! Love burn sets!

Today I put a workout together for Shoulders and Triceps. I tired something a little different than I have been doing lately, thinking this is what I am going to be doing for a while. Time under Tension seems to work really well for me for muscle gains and I really see results. I haven't been seeing any muscle results lately so its time to switch it up. I am also going to be supplementing protein with shakes after each workout again. I looked back at my workouts from 2012/2013 when I looked my best and these were the workouts I was doing, Body Beast Style, and my protein intake was much more than I am consuming now. Todays workout was 48 minutes, I burned 301 calories and my average heart rate was 107 and max was 145. I need to up some of the weights next time, I wrote it down so I don't forget. No rest between sets so this workout went fast.

Seated Overhead Press-
12# x 15
15# x 12
17# x 8- Need to go heavier here next time
17# x 8
15# x 12
12# x 15

Lateral Raise-
5# x 1- could go heavier here
8# x 12
10# x 8
8# x 8

Rear Flies-
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 8
10# x 8

Upright Rows-
12# x 15
15# x 12
17# x 8
15# x 8

Incline Front Raise 2 Arms-
7# x 15
8# x 12
10# x 8
8# x 8

Lying Triceps Ext.- Need to go heavier next time
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 8
12# x 8
10# x 12
8# x 15

Cross Body Triceps Ext.- Did one side first and then the other side.
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 8
10# x 8
8# x 8 Added an additional set due to only doing 3 triceps exercises.

2 Arm Kickbacks-
5# x 15
8# x 12
10# x 8
8# x 8
5# x 8

ABS

I feel great!

Debbie, nice job on that endurance running workout today! Wow on the calorie burn! I burn a lot of calories walking up steep hills and the calorie burn goes really high the second hour I walk. I must be working hard since I am getting really tired. Boy and I sleep good after those walks!!!

Diane Sue, I am so glad your neck is better so you could do that workout today! I hate being in pain. My lower back is going out again, moving my son to school there was a ton of lifting and I strained my low back.

DOZ, I hope you have a nice day at work today and get a nice workout in as well!

Roselyn, enjoy your workout today.

Getting hot here today, have a nice one!

Debbie, I forgot to answer your question about how I am doing since my son has left for college. Surprisingly well! We talk or text everyday and he is loving it! He is killing it at football practice and in the gym for workouts. He is knocking out the older guys for their positions due to his great hand, footwork and drive on the field and he is out lifting so many kids in the gym. Working with his coach who was an NFL player over the last 4 years has really given him the edge at college. He wants this so bad, this really makes me happy that it is all coming together for him.

Debbie, I made the protein peanut butter banana pancakes for lunch today. They are really good. Is that recipe considered two servings? I put in my protein powder and ingredients and I came up with around 664 calories. They are pretty good on the macros. Nice job today. It is funny how things change with workouts. I used to hate floor cardio and now I find I like it and I don't have to pull out the step :) I generally go with the Fit Bit unless I know it is ridiculously off. If I took the calorie burn it gives I would be in the 0 met area. According to it I might as well just sat. I want it to be close to accurate as I use MFP. I never understand why some days it seems to be ahead of map my fitness or close and others it is way off on cardio. A lot of the time I will be ahead till I hit the stretch and then mmf catches up. I wish there was something really accurate, but they are guidelines and when I look at all of the stats from different sources, I think I usually come up with something close to accurate.

Jolie, I find that the longer workouts tend to speed up the calorie burn. Nice work on the walks and today's weights. It seems I have to change things up to continue to get results. I tend to get in a rut. Although I think backing off to lighter workouts or high reps is sometimes a good thing. I am enjoying my more relaxed pace at the moment. Neck is good, my knees feel good, but I am giving it awhile.
That is great that your son is enjoying college so much and football. Is your younger son in summer school now? I think that you had mentioned that he was going. I hope he is doing well too.

Debbie, I made the protein peanut butter banana pancakes for lunch today. They are really good. Is that recipe considered two servings? I put in my protein powder and ingredients and I came up with around 664 calories. They are pretty good on the macros. Nice job today. It is funny how things change with workouts. I used to hate floor cardio and now I find I like it and I don't have to pull out the step :) I generally go with the Fit Bit unless I know it is ridiculously off. If I took the calorie burn it gives I would be in the 0 met area. According to it I might as well just sat. I want it to be close to accurate as I use MFP. I never understand why some days it seems to be ahead of map my fitness or close and others it is way off on cardio. A lot of the time I will be ahead till I hit the stretch and then mmf catches up. I wish there was something really accurate, but they are guidelines and when I look at all of the stats from different sources, I think I usually come up with something close to accurate.

Diane Sue - I use MyFitnessPal Recipe calculator to figure this out. So this is what I show for that recipe:

2 eggs: 140 cal. 10 g fat 2 carbs 12 protein
1 medium banana: 105 cal. 0 fat 27 carbs 1 protein
12 gram RAW Protein Powder Chocolate (2 tbsp): 47 cal, 0 fat, 4 carbs, 9 protein
1 tbsp Almond Butter: 90 cal 8 fat 5 carbs 3 protein

So the total of all ingredients is:
382 cal - 18 fat - 37 carbs - 25 protein

I had to figure out the calories for the protein powder because you don't use a full scoop. I figured this recipe out using the RAW Protein Powder. I'm using AboutTime right now and the macros are similar.

The original recipe was for 2 servings so I cut it in half because I wouldn't eat two servings. Even one serving is huge. I can get either 4 small pancakes or 2 large ones. Love them!

If you see anything weird about this recipe let me know. I don't want to be thinking I'm only eating 382 when in fact it is much more than that. Thanks!

Debbie, my Biochem I used was 120 calories. I measured 2 Tablespoons and that filled the scoop. But, reading the instructions it has 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter and spread with almond butter. I used two Tablespoons of peanut butter and spread with a bit. So I think that is where all of the calories came from. If I had followed what you listed that you used it would have been close to yours except for the protein powder. I think that almond butter would be better. I don't have almond butter so need to get some.

Hi to Roselyn.

Today I walked 5 miles outside and burned 790 calories. I went up some really steep hills, I could barely breath I was working so hard. Some hills are so steep I wonder how cars get up them sometimes!

Have a nice Saturday.

Today I was not feeling up to much since I seem to be having some sinus issues. I did 21 Day Fix Extreme yoga, 32 minutes, 71 calories, and Barre Amped Strength and stretch Advanced Power Stretch, 25 minutes, 55 calories. I also did the Yoga Tune Up neck segment. We went out of town which was a 4 hour round trip so most of the day was riding in the car. Funny how tiring that can be. Birthday parties for family tomorrow:)

Jolie, nice walk. I have seen steep hills that I wondered about cars driving up them. I remember one in Jerome Arizona that was so steep when I was a child I was afraid out car was going to fall off :) I bet that would be a lot of work climbing that steep of a hill.

Roselyn, it sounds like things are moving along for the wedding. We made the bouquets and floral decor ourselves when my oldest was married and we had so much stuff spread out around the house. It was fun memories working together on them. Busy too, as I made the brides maids dresses and the veil. Lots of trips were made to Hobby Lobby. What colors is your daughter using?

Hello,

I truly been busy, after my workout this morning, I didn’t have time to check in. But, I’m here.

This morning I did Cardio Coach press play and I completed STS wk 3 workout, Back & Triceps.

Im just getting home from a long day, going to restaurant bit. I will ttyl. Have a great evening everyone :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.