Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for JUNE 2018

Today I did Treadmill Coach Vol. 1 by Amy Dixon again. I thought I didn't do as good as the first time but I actually did better. My goal today was to run all 5 - 1 minute 8% jogs at that 8% incline in Stage 1. Last time I don't think I did them at 8%. The 4% recoveries were a bit much and I had to bring my speed down, but all in all, I did really well with Stage 1 and was able to reach my goal on that 8% jog. Stage 3 is hard but it is done on a 1% incline which is my normal. Race pace speeds and sprints are in this Stage and I love it. Then the last Stage is 30 second sprints on 4% incline. It's tough as well.

Workout was 57 minutes, ran 4.21 miles, burned 513 calories (TM said 602) and went 8310 steps. HR was 152/194.

Diane Sue - I hope today isn't as stressful for you, geez, you have a lot going on. That is ridiculous that the computer people didn't fix your husband's laptop. I hate intermittent problems because they are hard to create unless you are on the laptop working for a time. Interesting on the stretching info you shared. I have a couple that do a really good job with my hips & hamstrings and when they are loose, my knees are good. I REALLY need to get those out and start doing them again. I'll have more time now that my summer hours start after today. So I'm wondering what is wrong with Vegan protein powder? I've been using RAW and it's vegan and I love it. I can't use whey anymore because it does horrible things to my stomach. I hear the AboutTime PP is good so hopefully I will like it. We'll see.

Roselyn - How exciting about the wedding. This time will fly by, I can't believe it's already June. You'll have to post of picture of you in your dress, I'd like to see it.

Jolie & DOZ - Hope you're both doing well. Looking forward to your updates.

Have a great workout today and a great weekend!!

Today I went for a long walk outside, walked as fast as possible. I went 6.5 miles and burned 927 calories. I walked for 2 hours, average heart rate was 143 and max was 184 up the hills. I feel fantastic, summer is here and it is great to get outside again. I will be trying to walk more this summer to burn fat and lifting as much as possible. I actually love NOT having a plan, I just go depending on how I feel and how well I slept.

Roselyn,
so exciting that the wedding is all coming together!!!!

Diane Sue, wow how frustrating! Good job getting your workouts in, it really helps to get through the stress that comes our way!

Debbie, My left hamstring has been hurting as well!!! I think I pulled it when I was stretching the other day. I have a product called DMSO that I put on and it really helps. I started putting this on my horse after jumping 30 years ago for stiffness and I have been using it ever since.

DOZ, I hope you have a great workout today.

Happy Friday.

I did X train All Out Low Impact step using the step at 6 inches, 41 minutes, 261 calories, heart rate average 125, max 155, 2,974 steps. I then did Strong and Sweaty Bonus abs, 13 minutes, 57 calories, and finished off with Les Mill Flow (yoga) 21 minutes, 46 calories. I also did Knee hab prehab again. Total time 75 minutes, 364 calories.

Debbie, I had a several texts and a phone call this morning and got through my workout without interruptions. I got done late though. That was a great workout today. It looks like some variety in the pace, great calorie burn. I can use some whey proteins. I think it depends on the processing and additives. I find the bone broth protein is one I handle well and I have used the Paleo beef chocolate protein powder and was surprised that I actually liked it. The thought I guess of it being beef or bone kind of doesn't sound appealing. I was buying MRM for awhile but it upset my stomach so bad as did Bodylogix. I do okay with BioChem and Terra's Whey. I usually look for grassfed whey. I think I have tried all of the major brands of Vegan protein and did not like any of them. I can tolerate them, but I will find myself looking for something else rather than that to eat. I prefer to at least kind of look forward to them. I was looking at the bone broth meal I had mentioned and it does have some stuff like alfalfa grass and ashwagandha, tumeric, ginger and their is the organic fiber blend and in the protein blend there is tiger nut so it does have a lot of plant based stuff in it along with the bone broth protein. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I would buy again if there was a good price on it. I don't love most protein powder. Well, except the Gaspari nutrition delicious vanilla :) I haven't bought that one in years. I am sure you know lots to do with the balls as well. A lot of the ones on my dvds are separated into short segments on YouTube. There is a lot of tune up ball stuff on there.

Jolie, that was a long walk. I would think you would have lots of months in a year to walk in California :) I guess not when it rains though. It poured rain here yesterday. The guy that towed my husbands vehicle in told him he had take 4 other cars in to the same automotive place yesterday that had been through flooded areas. My husband says it was still dry when he got to work. It came down hard later in the morning. I think there might have been some hail too because it was sure pelting the skylights and sunroom hard. I think I originally hurt my hip doing some stretching mobility move. It sure can throw everything else off. I am doing much better today. My hip is fine now, it is just getting the left knee back to normal and jumping capabilities without hurting.

Doz, did you get your family all moved? :)

Today I started with Cathe's Intensity w/up, a few minutes of step then low impact hiit, 33 minutes, 5.9 met, heart rate average 130, max 167, 144 calories, 1,843 steps. I then did Home Gym Intervals with kelly Coffey workout #2, 32 minutes, met 5.8, 205 calories, heart rate average 122, max 144, 1,618 steps. I finished with Sarah Beth Yoga YouTube Flexibility Deep stretch hips, 20 minutes, 44 calories, met 2, 74 minutes, 393 calories.

Last edited:
Today I put together a Total Body Circuit Workout and added in cardio as well. Each set was x 12 reps and the last set was to Failure. This is a great way to get some extra calorie burn, which I need badly, my body isn't looking so good for summer.:( Getting sick really put me back so I have a lot of work to do! Workout was 1 hour 8 minutes and I burned 578 calories which included my stretch at the end. I am so stiff lately, I have to take time to stretch for a couple of minutes at the end of each workout. Average Heart Rate was 123 and max was 164.

Treadmill walk, 10 minutes, 5.5% incline

Circuit workout - 3 rounds

Chest Flies- 17# x 12, x 12, x 20TF

Wide Grip Pull Down 50# x 12, x 12, x 16 TF

1 Arm Lat Raise- 10# x 12, x 12, x 15 TF

Hammer Curls- 17# x 12, x 12, x 20 TF

Lying Cross Body Triceps Ext.- 14# x 12, x 12, x 16 TF

Pop Squats- BW x 25, x 25, x 35 TF

ABS- 3 Exercises x 30 reps each

Elliptical- 4 minutes, interval mode, .5 miles X 3 segments

After Circuit

Elliptical-
10 Minutes, interval mode, 1.2 miles,

Wow, great workout I must say!

Diane Sue,
nice workout today. I love Kelly's home gym intervals workout, it is awesome! That is kind of what I did today in a way. I hope your husbands car doesn't cost a lot of money to fix. I hate having car issues!!!

Have a nice day.

Jolie, nice workout today. That is always a good way to get in some cardio and some strength. Circuits seem to burn quite a few calories.

While I was at my daughter's house, my granddaughter gave me back my Zumba Exhilerate workouts (I never really liked them that much), Supreme 90, and Tracey Anderson Teen Meta. I really liked Supreme 90. I haven't had these in 5 years :) That Tracey Anderson set actually has some dance type work with some teens and music!! Not the typical Tracey Anderson just doing her thing and not saying much of anything. There was a loop band workout on it too. It might be interesting to check these out again. Maybe not Zumba. I was going to sell it and then she borrowed it and was doing it with her mother and I told them to keep it. But, now I have it back.

Roselyn, I would love to see the dress. You just download the picture to your computer and edit with a program to around 200-300 pixels and save it and post that one. It isn't too hard. Just a hassle shrinking the picture. I will see if I can post one of my granddaughter in her wedding dress.

Roselyn, I shrunk it to 300 pixels and saved it so I could post it. It is pretty easy once it is sized down.

Attachments

• Wedding Lexie.jpg
    Wedding Lexie.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Bride and mother May 2018 resized.jpg
    Bride and mother May 2018 resized.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 14
Morning,

Today’s workout, Cardio Coach ‘press play & Ab Hits leaner legs.

Family all moved, man oh man that’s was a lot of work, didn’t workout as planned Thursday, I couldn’t sleep, believe I over work myself, mover got there around 11ish and I helped. When I got home I was pooped took Friday off, back on track YES.

How i lost weight?

With SUJA Organic Green juice, ingredients; apple, celery, cucumber, kale, collard greens, mint tea, ginger and spinach, calories 67 per serving, Sugar 11g, total carbs 15g. Protein 1g, sodium 80mg as you can see it’s pretty healthy. What I did, I added 5 whole strawberries, used my nutr bullet to blend, I usually have my first one at 12am, next one around 3pm. Then I’d have a sensible meal mainly veggies. I had tons of energy as well.

I’m starting back with routine today, I was totally thrown off while I was in Columbus, McDonald’s, had a few donuts from Krispy Kreme, OMG, they were good but I managed to hold down my weight I didn’t pick up a pound probably due to all the work that I did it.

I’ll caught up with everyone’s workout, right now need bath and then I’m headed to Sam’s Club, to get a bag of mix veggies, love this stuff, comes with sauce, just add mix and enjoy, ttyl

It is a rest day. I will do some stretching, I think. This next week is going to busy so I am unsure how workouts will fit in. I have 3 days I need to have my grandson at a basketball camp by 9 and pick him up in the afternoon.

Doz, that is great that you got the moving done. Do you like the taste of the Suja green juice? I drink the Suja Kombucha a lot. I dont think it is as healthy as GT raw kombucha, but better than Kevita. I used to make a large green smoothie and drink it from morning till late afternoon. I always felt so full, it was eady to eat a light dinner. I always added a chunk of ginger to the smoothies and that is my fav for kombucha. I use greens powders most of the time.
Thanks on the pictures. :)

Today I did Treadmill Coach Bonus workout and had a really good workout. Love this one but the music is really bad. There is a trumpet playing and it is ear piercing. And the song sucks. But other than that, love this one.

Workout was 30 minutes, ran 2.2 miles, burned 277 calories (TM said 310) and went 4380 steps. HR was 155/192.

I will be back later. Have great workouts everyone!!

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact both workouts combined, 50 minutes, 320 calories, 3,595 steps, heart rate average 127, max 169. I finished off with Sarah Beth Yoga Cooldown legs and hips, 11 minutes, 24 calories. Total time 61 minutes 344 calories.

Debbie, I can't imagine an ear piercing trumpet being pleasant at all. Nice workout though :)

Ok I'm confused - who's pictures of the wedding are those? Beautiful is all I have to say!!! Wow!!

So I want to suscribe to Kelly's workouts. Is the RAW workouts the ones that you do? Is it just her alone doing these workouts? Is it worth the $10 a month.

Beautiful wedding pictures. Diane Sue, is that your grand daughter?

Today I walked outside, 5.3 miles, 1 hour 40 minutes and burned 768 calories.

I am so busy, leaving Wed to take my son to college. He has not helped at all so it is crunch time today and tomorrow!

DOZ, thanks for the diet information!

I will be back later to read posts, I am really running late today!

Debbie, that is my granddaughter who was married last month. The second picture is her and my daughter (her mother). I really want to subscribe to Kellys Raw workouts, but have not done so yet. She has put quite a few up now. Also she has put up premixes from some of her dvds with the plan to get them all up there for those who have the downloads and no premixes. She does pretty much all of the raw workouts on her own. I believe she had her niece do one. I should sign up soon. I am just wanting to get past this knee pain thing so I can enjoy them. I did see she put up a lighter one recently because she wasn't feeling doing a intense workout. I like that about her. She is all about doing it right. I have only done her Youtube Raw workouts that she started with. I think there are maybe 5 or 6 of them. They are good ones. One she has her brother in doing a boxing workout where he uses the heavy bag and she boxes the air mixed with weights. One of them since it was a start up thing, she had her camera battery go out on her right at the end where she added some ab work. Anyway, I think she has it all down now that she has her pay streaming going. I did have a page I had saved of her workouts so far that she had up to stream. I will have to look for it.

Roselyn, I am looking forward to your wedding pictures. I am sure you are excited right along with your daughter. There are so many emotions involved :) The photographer did a nice job and did some outdoor pictures as well of the wedding party. I felt funny when I realized the mothers and grandparents were all wearing navy and blues like they wedding party wore along with the sunflower yellow accents. I wore bright pink !! I kind of felt like the odd ball. My younger daughter was teasing me saying "you didn't get the message to wear blue". It was one of those things as a grandmother I just didn't think about.

Jolie, yes, that is my granddaughter :) The one that is starting law school now. She just graduated college and the wedding right after. We are pretty proud of her. Someday soon your son will realize he has to take care of things for himself ;) I think it is more a boy thing. Great calorie burn today.

Hey guys,

Today’s workout, was brutal lol I did STS chest, shoulders biceps and LesMill’s Core Attack then went for an hour 30 min walk, didn’t plan on walking; just happen.

Diane Sue- I usually juice, but....I’m burnt out from it. My son, my dear ole son, mom, juice enough for me to do a 10 day detox, yeah right? 4 bottles sitting in my deep freezer now. He haven’t touched them; not juicing anymore. He can’t get focused, truth be told he’s the reason why, I’m doing STS again, said he was going to do it with me..........son on week two lol

Jolie - Nice work, its’ just something about walking, and enjoying the sun. I love it.

Debbie - Nice workout,

Doz, being outside is just something that makes a person feel good. Seeing all of the beauty of creation :) LOL on juicing for your son. Too bad he doesn't use them. You can always use them yourself. It's nice he wanted to do STS with you. Les Mills core attack has always been a favorite ab workout for me. Variety of moves, weights, and decent music.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.