Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for JUNE 2018

I had terrible neck pain last night and all day today. I did Yoga Tune up upper neck and shoulders and followed with Cathe's Yoga Max. Yoga Max was 49 minutes and 119 calories. That is it for me today.
I saw that Kelly Coffey is filming a couple of new workouts. One is another step boxing and the other is strength RX. At least that is what I think I remember the names being.

Roselyn, I think we all need an extra rest day once in awhile. :)

Last edited:
Happy Sunday evening . I just got back from taking my son to college and now I am home looking around for him! It will take some getting used to not having him here. I love him so much and he and I are so close so this will be a hard adjustment. We basically drove for 5 days straight, not much exercise at all! I felt like I would die not being able to workout or at least walk. Tomorrow I will be back at it! I feel like I gained 10 pounds even though I am sure I did not. I will go back and read all of your posts tomorrow and see what I missed!

Roselyn, nice job getting in Yvette Bachman.

Jolie, glad to have you back :)

Rest day today and family here.

Jolie, he is leaving for college already in June:( I do know what you are going through, my oldest (daughter) stayed home and went to school in town, when my son left it crushed me, it takes awhile to get used to. Hang in there

Today I did Treadmill Coach Volume 1 and did really well with it. Love this workout, very challenging. Stats show I didn't do as good as last time, but I don't get that because I really feel like I did. Oh well, they weren't that much off from last time.

Workout was 57 minutes, burned 491 calories (TM showed 595), went 4.16 miles (TM only showed 3.88 miles), and did 8290 steps. HR was 144/196. Great workout! Almost to 10k steps already.

ETA: I forgot, I also did a Kelly's RAW Stretch that was 30 minutes which I desperately needed, but honestly, her stretching isn't calming like Karen Voight's are. I should have done Yoga Focus and probably will tomorrow. But I did the 30 minute Stretch and felt a bit better after my run. My left side is so tight, I really need to focus on stretching. She did the splits it this stretch -- YEA RIGHT!!!! LOL!

Jolie - Totally forgot you were taking your son to college. Why is he starting collage so early? Don't they go in August/Sept? I know it will be hard at first, I'm sure you feel like a part of you is missing. Hopefully it will get easier for you. Seems he's too far away to visit often? That kind of sucks. :(

Diane Sue - Hope your neck is feeling better, that is not good. How is your pillow? Maybe you need a new one? I love my memory foam pillow.

Roselyn - Nice job with your cardio yesterday!!

DOZ - Hope you had a great weekend! It was so hot! OMG!!! Today too.

Last edited:
Debbie, by your heart rate and steps I would say you had a great workout. I have a water pillow. Before that I used a down and memory foam pillow and before that one I had one that was shaped to support behind the neck. None of these seem to work. I had a doctor once tell me to try sleeping without a pillow and maybe roll a towel up under my neck. This was not comfortable and the towel ended up on the floor. It started hurting yesterday afternoon again and I hadn't done anything. I probably should have done stretching and my therapy balls, but with family and falthers day I didn't. Oh, well, off to finish my workout.

Diane Sue - Dang, I'm shocked none of those pillows bring you relief. After I switched to the memory foam on it is rare that I have neck pain anymore. I wonder if something is slipped in your neck? That can't be fun, I hate neck issues.

My workout is finished. I did the other half of Amy Bento Ross All Cardio Hi/Lo knockout with the core ,quick mix 2, 61 minutes, 397 calories, 3,621 steps, average heart rate 122, max 160. I also did Kelly Coffey Build and Burn Tabata Legs using 15# dumbbells throughout since I really didn't want to push it. This was 27 minutes, 134 calories, heart rate 110 average, max 138. Total time was 88 minutes and calories burned 531. Steps so far today 4,794.

Debbie, when my neck starts hurting there is generally some crackling when I turn my head. When I had the mri's and tests done a year and a half ago they said there was degeneration. I can be fine for a long time and then it hits. Also, coughing really hard with my allergies which has started up makes me tense my neck and causes it to start hurting. Gentle stretching, and therapy balls help. Just avoiding things that causes more strain to it. r

My son went to college so early because he plays football and practice starts today. Their first game is Aug 31st against Oregon State. Also, summer school starts next week for all athletes, they have to go since they loose so much class time on plane travel during the sports season.

Today I did a total body workout because I did not have anything set up to do so I just went with that till I get a plan. I did 3 rounds of the circuit and the last set to failure. I hit the biceps and legs twice since those are lacking body parts.
Workout was 46 minutes and I burned 321 calories. Average heart rate was 111 and max was 145. Taking 5 days off was a really good idea, my body feels much better and I can lift heavier weight.

Warm Up- STS Meso 2 ( 3 rounds of this circuit )

Chest Press- 25# x 12, x 12, x 16 TF

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 12, x 18 TF

Seated Overhead Press- 17# x 12, x 12, x 17 TF

Bicep Curls- 17# x 12, x 12, x 20 TF

Lying Triceps Ext.- 15# x 12, x 12, x 16 TF

Leg Ext.- 50# x 16, x 16, x 16, x 20 TF

Squats BW- x 30, x 30, x 36 TF

ABS- Bicycles- x 40, Leg Raises Alt.- x 40, Diagonal Leg Raises x 20 each leg

Hammer Curls- 15# x 12, x 12, x 15 TF

Debbie, nice workout today. I am going to check out the Kelly Raw workouts today. I am not sure what I want to put together for the summer, I defiantly need to do more walking and cardio along with my weight work.

Diane Sue, I hope you get some relief from your neck pain. I took most of the week off and I feel so much better. Maybe a big break might do you good!

DOZ and Roselyn, I hope you both have good workouts today! I will check back later to see what you did today.

Have a nice day.

Hey Guys,

Been really busy, I’m back. Saturday went to see friends, we have meet ups every month, well depending on if someone has a birthday month..... that month. We all know each other from 7th grade.

I ended up walking Sunday trying to walk off, wine, sweets, and beef lol.

Today I went for another walk. Truth, I’m done with walking until next month need to get back on my grind, and get busy.

So hot today, I’m just chilling with grandson, enjoy your evening all, ttyt

Jolie, nice start back to workouts :) I kind of figured your son would need to be there for practice during the summer months. It seems I have so many extra rest or stretch only days lately. I will probably not workout on Friday because I have a mammogram at 8:30 and going to go get my labs after that done for my upcoming physical. Once I am showered, I don't like to go back and workout. It has to be done first.

Doz, that is cool that you spend time every month with friends that you have known since 7th grade. I have no problem with eating beef ;) I just get the super lean stuff or grassfed. I was proud of myself because I avoided the sweets this weekend. I did eat brisket for lunch with no bread and had a baked potato. Saturday I made butternut squash and meatballs with sundried tomatoes in them with my Instantpot and had those. I think I am going to have leftovers of that tonight.

This is my favorite evening snack right now - and so easy to make. I have one of those handheld whipper things, it's like a mini hand mixer, love that thing! This is how to make them:

Protein Banana/PB Pancakes

2 tbsp. protein powder (I am using About Time Chocolate)
2 whole eggs
1 banana
1 Tbsp Almond butter

Mash banana; place mashed banana in a mixing bowl. Add 1 egg and 1 Tbsp. PP. Whip up until there are not clumps. Add last egg and another TBSP of PP. Whip it up.

Pour half the batter in a medium non-stick skillet and cook as you would normal pancakes. Repeat

Spread 1 tbsp. Almond butter on pancakes and enjoy!!!

382 calories (includes Almond butter)
17.9 g fat
37 g. carbs
25 g. protein

Reactions: WD
Morning,

Today’s work, lol Legs & Glutes premix, I believe it was kick box cardio and kick box strength, I didn’t do abs. Abs scheduled tomorrow. I really enjoyed this workout.

When I get back, from running my errands, I’m going to emergency to check on this knot on my neck, I thought something bit me while I was walking a few weeks ago, but its still there.

Later, I’m going to dig out some more workouts, to do., getting bored. Well have a great day everyone, will keep you posted on this knot on my neck, ttyl

Debbie - I bet that was really delicious

Today I did Kelly's RAW Upper Body Blast. This one is on YouTube I believe, because I remember Diane Sue telling me about it a LONG time ago. I remember trying it and not liking it because it's all in Tabata form. Well, now that I'm used to her workouts, I loved it. Tough workout, and it was non-stop. However, I got interrupted a couple times so this was 10 minutes longer than it should have been.

4 sets each exercises - 30 seconds on/10 seconds off

Bench Press - 35#
Barbell Shoulder Press - 20#/10# - these killed me
Dumbbell Flies - 15's
Lateral Raise - 10's
Skate & Curl - 10's (she did these to get the HR up, like it wasn't up already!)
Squat/Hammer Curl/Jump - 10's (these looked harder than they are, but biceps were fried)
Barbell Row - 20# (need to go heavier)
Dips
Seated Reverse Flies
- 12's (these burned. Kelly's form on these are bad, she goes back way too far)
Skull Crushers - 10's
V-Ups - Quads burned with this, took away from my abs.

Workout was 40 minutes burned 283 calories, HR 134/167.

Walked on my treadmill for a bit. Walked for 30 minutes, went 1.48 miles, burned 155 calories and did 3604 steps. HR was 83/123.

I also did Yoga Focus Stretch by Karen Voight. Should have done this three times through. My body is so tight it hurts. Need to keep doing this yoga workout when possible.

Diane Sue - Those pancakes are really good, I love them. They help bring up my protein intake too. How is your neck today? Nice job on your workout.

Jolie - Wow, that is awesome about your son. I didn't realize they start this early for football. That is neat how they work with them on their studies due to missing some classes due to traveling games. I had no idea that is done that way. Interesting. Great job on your workout!

DOZ - You should check out Kelly's workouts, they are fun and different. Nice job with your workout!!

Today I am really sore from yesterdays workout! It is so beautiful out today I went for a 6 mile walk through the hills and had a great workout. Walk was 1 hour 55 minutes and I burned 972 calories. Average heart rate was 147 and max was 184. I went up some long high incline hills so I got a good butt workout!

Debbie, those pancakes look really good! Nice job on the Kelly Raw workout. I might have to try that tomorrow if I can find it on YouTube. I like tabata style workouts lately so I bet I will like it. My son called last night so excited. He is in the running to get the starting position for second string Left Tackle as a Red Shirt Freshman. That would mean he could play if need be and can travel with the team. Usually as a Red Shirt you don't travel or play your Freshman year, this way you go to college for 5 years and walk out with a Masters Degree. He also might get his High School Coaches number that he wore in the NFL so he is very excited about that too! When players travel on airplanes, they get assigned personal tutors to go with them to make sure they get all of their school work completed and or take tests on the road as well.

Diane Sue, I hope your neck is feel better today and you can workout.

DOZ, I hope that the bump in your neck turns out to be nothing!!!!! Also, the was a very impressive workout today girl!

Roselyn, I will check back later to see what you did for your workout today.

Have a wonderful day!

I slept without a pillow last night. It wasn't the most restful night, but my neck was better this morning. My dog came in to wake me at 4 am needing to go outside. I think she had disturbed me a couple of hours earlier because I woke up twice hearing something that I thought was her moving around. She generally stays in the living room on her bed and doesn't move around. I am tired of my neck hurting. Sometimes it is so bad I feel like tears are coming out. I try to go as long as I can without taking Advil or something. I tried Four Sigmatic Golden latte mix two nights and got away with that and 1 Advil. I am trying to work around my injuries and get the stretching and mobility in.
I started my workout with X10 low impact and when she did the weight segments I did biceps instead of upright rows and overhead press. This was 26 minutes, 160 calories, heart rate average 126, max 166, 1,580 steps. I then did Ice muscle melt down triceps, 16 minutes, 70 calories and finished off with Kelly Coffey Body Design yoga, 13 minutes, heart rate average 99, max 114, 34 calories. I also did yoga tune up neck and middle back, but didn't start my Fit Bit for that part. Workout was 54 minutes, 264 calories.

Doz, nice work. I would have to go back and look at those premixes. I remember some of those workouts had some really long premixes on them and mixed up workouts well. It is a good idea to get that bump checked out.

Debbie, I put that recipe on my desktop so that I can print it out. I liked that upper body workout on the youtube raw workouts. She does something like that on her DVD Shape up, I believe it is 8 rounds though for each upper body part. I really like that one. I don't do the lower one often. It uses the step and is predominantly a lot of impact non weighted stuff. I would like it, but it sets off my knee every time I do it.

Jolie, that was a long walk! Nice work.

Today I ended up doing two RAW Kickboxing workouts. The first one was called "Boxing/Sculpting" and one of her brothers is in the workout with her. He was using the heavy bag and she was shadow boxing. It was fun and it had an ab section at the end but I doubt I'll do this one too often. It was only a half hour so I also did "Kickbox Contouring" and OMG, what a great workout. She seriously needs to put this one on a DVD or do one like it (maybe she does?) It was very fun and I want to do it in it's entirety next week. It has cool kickboxing upper and lower body segments using light weights (I used 3# handweights) and then she goes into lifting segments with 15# dumbbells. I skipped this part of the workout because I'm sore and I just worked my upper body yesterday. But I really want to do it. I stopped after the 3rd kickboxing segment, there were probably 2 more to go. I stopped when I hit an hour total. I do notice that she doesn't do a lot of leg drills like Cathe does with kickboxing so this was a nice change of her dong leg drills on this one.

Both workouts were 60 minutes total, burned 427 calories and did 4444 steps. HR was 133/180. I was shocked to see my HR was mostly in the 170's doing these workouts. I usually have to be running really fast to get my HR up there. Cool!!!

Diane Sue - I'm glad sleeping with no pillow helped a bit, I hope you are even better today. Great job on your workout. I still think you need to rest your body totally. I know you said you get stiff and all when you rest, but that's because your muscles don't know what's going on. Just do light stretching and stop working out for a few days. It might help. I think you keep aggravating it by lifting, etc.

Jolie
- Nice job on you 6 mile walk!!! Your son has a lot going for him! I'm sure he is so excited. How cool and I'm sure you are very proud of him!!!

Roselyn & DOZ - Have great workouts today!

Morning guys,

Today’s work, Cardio Coach #2 revised ( I love this workout short and sweet) and STS chest shoulders biceps, worked em good; so many pushups eek.

As far as knot on my neck, Doctor said it it was a Lipoma, needs no specific treatment and rarely needs removal, usually goes away, however if it gets bigger it may need to be biopsies or entirely removal . Lipoma is a tumor made up of fat cells. Doctor suggested that I follow up with my doctor or a dermatologist.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.