Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for JUNE 2018

Morning,

Today’s workout, Kick Punch & Crunch And KPC abs.

Diane - I really hope my son get on broad, I’m enjoying STS. Suja juice not as healthy as fresh juices that I make, but its a good alternative for me; minus all the work that comes with juicing.

Got errands to run, ttyl

I managed a workout before I took my grandson to basketball camp and went to Walmart. I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Pump cardio workout 1, 31 minutes, 199 calories, 2,811 steps and did some of the Build and Burn Cardio Core no jumping cardio premix which is 23 minutes before I had to get ready to leave. This was 10 minutes, 557 steps, 61 calories. Total time was 41 minutes, 260 calories. I am so tired. I just couldn't sleep. We found out yesterday afternoon that we have to have the transmission rebuilt on our vehicle. I am so frustrated with that thing that means over 7200 dollars in repairs :( We bought it used in December. We have never had this kind of luck with a vehicle before.

Doz, i bought some of the Suja Organic cold pressed uber greens juice at Walmart. I was looking for the Suja Kombucha and saw the greens drink. It is somewhat different than fresh. I put a half scoop of Dr Axe protein meal in it after I drank a bit out.

Debbie, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Kelly's Raw workouts.

https://coffeyfit.vhx.tv/browse a link to the raw workouts she has up.

I really enjoyed Kelly's RAW workout, I did a workout called Strong & Lean and it was 45 minutes. I picked it because it was 45 minutes. It was more of a circuit type workout, though, but I still really liked it a lot. I hope I'm aloud to post this workout, I don't think I clicked on any agreement not to.

This is how it went:

10 minute warm-up plus punching drills

Circuit 1
Squats - 45#/10 reps
Kettlebell Hip Swings - 15#/20 reps
Ice Skater/Hops - 30 seconds

Circuit 2
Barbell Curls - 15's/10 reps (I used dumbbells)
Kettlebell Sumo Swings - 15#/20 reps
Mountain Climbers - 30 seconds

Circuit 3
Deadlifts - 45#/10 reps
Alternate Kettlebell Swings - 15#/20 reps
Jog/Insole Slaps - 30 seconds

Circuit 4
Barbell Cleans - 35#/10 reps
Kettlebell Figure 8's - 15#/20 reps
Wood Chops - 30 seconds

Circuit 5
Thrusters (Overhead Barbell Press) - 35#/10 reps
Double Arm Kettlebell Swings - 15#/20 reps
3 Punch/Knee Touch Hops - 30 seconds

Circuit 6
Barbell Rows - 35#/10 reps
Step Shoot - 30 seconds

Circuit 7
Kickbacks - 10's/10 reps
Ski/Jog/Step Shoot - went on for more than 30 seconds

Circuit 8
Deads/High Pulls (Upright row) - 35#/10 reps
Clean & Press - 35#/10 reps

Abs/Glutes
Bridge w/feet on barbell - 20 reps
Bridge w/feet on barbell - 20 fast reps
Situps - 20 reps

Then she realized she didn't work chest so she added:
Wide Grip Bench Press - 35#/20 reps
Close Grip Bench Press - 35#/20 reps

Good workout. It was 52 minutes (had to change my weights here and there), burned 317 calories. HR was 123/176.

Diane Sue - The pictures of your daughter's wedding were really beautiful. The photographer did a great job. Thanks for sharing!! Sorry to hear about your car issues, that really sucks.

DOZ - Nice going with KP&C!! Love the ab work on that one.

Jolie - Good luck to you!!

Debbie, that looks like a good workout. I post the details of the workouts. I think I have some of the first raw workouts written out. It is nice to be able to save these because the next time around it is easier to be prepared with the right weights.

Today I did the Treadmill Coach Volume 2 again and even though I thought I didn't do as well as last time, the stats show that I did way better. I did try to run as long as I could on those inclines, and I know I did a bit better even though I slowed the pace down. The first interval has you running for 3 min. on a 6% incline, and then in 3 minute increments you up your speed. You do this for 9 minutes and then slow your speed for another 6 minutes in 3 minute increments. You stay on that 6% incline the whole time and it is HARD. The 2nd interval has you running up a 6% incline for 2 minutes, an 8% incline for 1 minute and then a 12% incline for one minute. Then you rest for 1 minute and do this 2 more times. It is also very HARD. Last challenge is sprinting and I was so spent with the last two challenges that I had to go fairly slower than my normal sprint speed to complete the challenge.

I have to say, the music sucks in this one. Just too frantic.

Workout was 1 hr., ran 4.28 miles, burned 511 calories (TM said 635), did 8561 steps. HR was 141/209.

Diane Sue - I figured it would be ok to post the workout, we do for everything else. I just wasn't sure if the RAW workouts had some kind of an agreement not to.

Roselyn - Nice job with Insanity!!

Today I did the Build and Burn Cardio Core no jumping premix again since I didn't do all of yesterday and wanted to see what moves she used throughout. This was 23 minutes, 149 calories, heart rate average 131, max 164, 1,633 steps. I then did Build and Burn Upper body premix biceps, back, lower body which was 18 minutes, 120 calories, 356 steps, heart rate average 105, max 133. Total time 41 minutes, 269 calories. Funny, my time and calories were almost the same as yesterday. I do intend on doing some of the knee hab work and stretching in awhile. My hip started hurting sitting in my car yesterday and I totally skipped extra stretching. There is something about the angle of my car seat because this keeps happening. I adjusted it more with a straight up back which relieved my back, but then the head rest pushes my neck forward.
Weight premix upper biceps, back and lower Still 3 sets of everything, but a different format
biceps pulse curls 15# dbs/ pledge curls 15# dbs followed by side lateral leg lift into a knee pull repeat all
back seated rows left together right 15# dbs/ standing cross rows 15# db right then left/ rear leg lift pulse right repeat all ending with leg left
biceps 1 set of pulse curls 15# dbs/ pledge curls 15# dbs/ balance 1 leg knee up crunch right
back 1 set of seated rows 15# dbs/ standing cross rows 15# db right then left/ 1 leg knee up crunch left

Debbie, I am pretty sure there is nothing saying that you cannot post the workout. They give out work sheets and we post our workouts. It is the same difference. I posted Cathe live workouts that I did. I have some of them all written out in my notes. Sharing to me is more a selling point for the instructor. Now if you were making video copies and sending them out, I could see that not being okay. I am looking forward to hearing your raw workouts. I really do want to do it. Nice workout and steps again. Sorry the music is not good. That would make me not look forward to doing the workout.

Today’s workout, 45 minutes slow steady run and STS back & triceps. Even tho, these workouts are super duper long I’m really enjoying them, good choices to do a second round.

Debbie - Kelly Coffey workouts I like, thinking to subscribe; only problem, I don’t have a smart television. Do you do her workouts from your PC or TV? Nice work.

Diane Sue - Awesome work.

Roselyn- Good job with insanity.

Well I’m off to Home Depot, ttyl

Doz, nice work today. Have fun at Home Depot. I only like the gardening department there. If I go with my husband we end up looking at tools and stuff. I find it quite boring. A little goes a long way.

Today I did Kelly's RAW Back/Front Workout. It was a lot of fun and I really like working out with her. These are some really good workouts, looking forward to doing more. This one was an hour, but you can break them up by doing back side one day and front side the next. I did it all.

BACK SIDE
Back:

Reverse Fly - 15's/10 reps
Alt. Step Back, Row - 15's/10 reps
BSS - 15#/10 reps
REPEAT - no rest

Triceps:
One Arm Kickbacks - 10#/10 reps
Standing Cross Body Ext (same arm) - 10#/10 reps
Suitcase Deadlifts - 20's/10 reps
REPEAT

Legs:
Plies - 20#/10 reps
Calf Raises - 20's/30 reps (toes in, out, forward)
REPEAT

Low Back:
Supermans on bench - 10 reps
Frog Legs on bench - 10 reps
REPEAT - believe it or not, I did these!

Low Back:
Good Mornings - 12#/10 reps
Plank Wipers - 10 reps
REPEAT - Did good mornings as well even though I feel they are dangerous. I went light.

FRONT SIDE
Shoulders:

Arnold Press - 15's/10 reps
Dumbbell Front Raise - 15#/10 reps
Sissy Squats - No weight/10 reps (2nd set I did squats as these hurt my knees, used 15's)
REPEAT

Chest:
Chest Flies - 15's/10 reps - 2nd set went to 20's
Dumbbell Press - 15's/10 reps - 2nd set went to 20's
Quad Presses - Many reps, worked the quads and they burned!
REPEAT

Biceps:
21's - 15's/7 low, 7 up, 7 full (2nd set used 12's)
Supinated Curls - 15's
Side Lunges - 12#/10 reps
REPEAT

Abs:
Pulse Crunch - 10 reps
Reverse Curls - 18 reps
REPEAT

Very FUN!! Workout was 60 minutes, burned 369 calories, HR 121/190.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday. Sorry your hips are hurting. Funny, my brother was mentioning his hips hurting all the time and then realized it was his couch. The memory form has formed a certain dip in his couch where he always sits and now it aggrevates his hips. He is now sitting on the other side of the couch and said his hips have been better. Weird how that happens.

DOZ - I use both a Smart TV and a laptop to stream. My laptop is hooked up to my Smart TV through HDMI and it works that way. I have to use the mouse pad and keyboard on the laptop to use it. Works good but when I need to pause, I have to go back to the laptop and do it. But really, that isn't a big deal.

Roselyn - Nice job with legs yesterday!!! Killing it lately!

Reactions: WD
Today I did Ice Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox 50 minutes, 324 calories, heart rate average 128, max 159, 4,338 steps. After I took my grandson to his basketball camp, did a couple of household chores I worked on some stretching and rolling. I did Barre Amped Strengthen and Stretch, Advanced Active stretch, 26 minutes, 64 calories and Upper Body Stretch 14 minutes, 35 calories. I also did some work with the foam roller and yoga tune up balls. Time was 92 minutes, and calories burned 92.

Debbie, I remember when she posted clips and plans for those workouts. I would have done them both at the same time as well. It looks like a really good workout. Funny, I looked at the supermans on the bench and thought I might not do them right now. They always say these are good for you. As far as good mornings are Ben Shatto (physical therapist I got the low back pain book from) has pictures and explanations for core strengthening and full body exercises-emphasis on lumbar extensors. He has a start up doing the good mornings holding a wooden dowel or pvc pipe with back of head , upperback, and buttock/sacral area in contact with the dowel holding it behind the touching tightly for alignment. This is to teach to bend at the at the hips not flexing the spine. Power is supposed to come from the buttock and hamstrings and not just the lumbar extensors. He has this practiced for awhile and you progress to some light weight and work up. He also runs through deadlifts. He also has core strengthening exercises and the supermans various progressions, ball extensions that progress to the roman chair. I have a problem with our couch. My husband thought when he bought the new lazy boy one that I would sit in the living room with him more. It did not help. The other one just always made my neck hurt with the cushioning on the back pushing my head forward. I have learned that if I arrange pillows and lie down I am better off. Most of the time I sit on a bar stool at the kitchen counter which is in the same open area. For whatever reason. I am most comfortable there. I would like one of those zero gravity chairs, the only thing is that many of those have a pillow puffy thing at the top for the head. I am not tall, I sit in my husband's recliner and it is miserable on the neck because of the lower back goes in and that puff at the top. I guess I need to try out chairs somewhere sometime and see how they fit me. They need adjustable back on them.

Last edited:
Evening guys,

Today’s workout, to tell the truth I really didn’t feel like working out today. Legs was scheduled, Instead, I went for a walk; a little under 2 hours. Just maybe I work in legs, tomorrow hm........

Debbie - Dang, wish I had a smart TV, my flat screens are old. I could stream to to my laptop, just isn’t big enough for me, I like big with loudspeakers. But I’m really feeling her workout. Niceeeess work

Diane Sue- Nice work. Now, I’m definitely going to order Rock’m socks kickboxing and there’s another one from her Ice series that must have.

Roselyn- Nice work. Insanity is that beach body? I can’t keep up with you ladies lol

Roselyn, what is "red side" ?

Doz, I think we all have those days where we just don't feel a particular workout. You will get it in. If you have an hdmi hook up on any of your tvs and one on your laptop You can hook the lap top up via an hdmi cable and view on the tv. I have done it that way rather than watch it on the laptop. Or if you have hdmi you could get a Roku and stream from it. I have two Roku sticks and a roku player.

Today was a running day but didn't feel much like running so I decided to check out the Kickboxing workouts Kelly might have on RAW Fit. So she has a couple but didn't want to do any with weights. She didn't have any that were just pure kickboxing so I chose the RAW Kettlebell & Kickboxing one. I used a 10# kettlebell and she also uses 3# hand weights for the kickboxing parts. That really added to it. Fun workout. She had to stop the camera a couple times because she was having trouble with the lighting. The second time this happened she didn't do the left side of the body for the kickboxing stuff that she did on the right. So at the end I went back and did it on that side. I hate feeling lopsided. LOL!

Each combo consisted of a Kettlebell swings of some type, a kettlebell exercise - like squats, lunges, upright rows, etc. and then a kickbox drill with the 3# handweights. Fun stuff, she comes up with some fun exercises. Then there was a short ab workout but my abs were burning by the time it was over.

Workout was 37 minutes, burned 252 calories and went 2087 steps. HR was 124/179.

Then I walked on my treadmill to get some extra steps in, did that for 30 minutes, went 1.5 miles, burned 165 calories and went another 3635 steps. HR was 80/128.

Roselyn - Yes, RAW is a subscription by Kelly Coffey-Meyer. I believe it's $9.95 a month and worth every penny. https://coffeyfit.vhx.tv/ select "Contents" and you will see what she has out there.

DOZ - I'm with you, if I had to do these on my laptop only, I wouldn't do it. You can get a Smart TV fairly cheap, you should check out Walmart - they have a good selection, and you don't need a huge TV, I think mine is 39" or something like that. Just make sure it has an HDMI port so you can hook up your laptop to it.

Diane Sue - When I injured my lower back a long time ago I did it doing deadlifts and at that time I was doing Good Mornings with a barbell quite often. I think those two exercises injured my back but honestly, back then I wouldn't stop working out due to pain. So I think it was all self-inflicted. LOL!!! But Good Mornings always make me nervous along with supermans. Deads, not so much, I just try to be really careful with my form on those. Rock 'em Sock 'em Kickbox sounds like!!

Jolie - Where are you? Did I miss something? Is she on vacation? Hope you are ok.

Today I did Amy Bento Ross All Cardio Hi/Lo Knockout first two combos with ko then the first two combos with kos combined and the core work, 62 minutes, 410 calories, met 6.0, 3558 steps. A few minutes of this was the warm up from Tracey Anderson's Teen Meta that I just got back from my granddaughter. When she grabbed her loop band, I had had enough. I really do not enjoy an instructor who does not really instruct. There is just music in the background and you follow her moves. I often wonder why I bought this since I have a couple of her other workouts. They can be tough with tons of body weight reps on most. If I remember right though, this Teen one does have a workout where she talks and does some dance exercise with a group of girls. I feel the same about the Tramp rebounder workout I got of hers. You just follow her doing her thing on the rebounder and there is a front and back, so you get to watch her through the same workout facing you or with her back to you. I think it is pretty silly myself. I also spent about 30 minutes doing some youtube Melt facia work that I found yesterday, and some of the knee stuff from Yoga Tune Up Knee Hab and neck shoulder therapy ball stuff from yoga tune up neck and shoulders. I didn't use the dvds though.

Doz, nice work with doing a cardio coach and MIS upper body work all but shoulders. I used to separate the upper and lower body. Sometimes I would do Body Max upper and MIS upper together and the same with lower. I have not done MIS in a very long time. It does get results

Debbie, that workout looks good too. If I can get my back to normal again and not feel my knee ache I want to sign up for her streaming too. I would go back and do the other side too. I have that happen quite a bit on youtube workouts, particularly the stretching ones. They tell you to do the other side and just keep moving on the one side. Cathe missed some on one of her live workouts that I did before and went back and did it. I imagine worrying over the lighting would make it easy to mess up the plan. I am thinking that Jolie took her son to Nevada for football or college or something. I would have to go back and look.

Jolie, wondering if everything is okay.

Today I had to work early and set my alarm but body said not today have not had a rest day in awhile

Yesterday was XTrain chest, back and shoulders

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.