Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2021

Jolie- I think you will like it. She does not move fast - her moves are controlled. The burpees I just did squat thrust. And after a while I switched up the swings to do alternating swing, double handed swings, alternating swings because the squat swing was getting old! The Body beast looks good too - maybe I need to re-consider that program!!

Doreen, that looks like a great workout. I can see why she is in such good shape.

Jolie, great job with Body Beast. Do you do your own cool laser therapy and cryo therapy?

Hi,

Today I did SBD D6 Inner Thighs = 18 min + Outer Tight's Target = 19 min.

I am so tired from yesterday. Taking easy.Great job everyone.

Reactions: WD
Doreen, I think I am going to die after doing that workout you suggested!!! Wow is all I can say. Towards the end I just subbed out the swing squats to some leg extensions and leg curls because I just couldn't do another one, my legs would not let me :) I also inserted plie squats. Thank you so much for the suggestion of this workout, I am going to try to do one every Sunday for my legs workout since I will not be doing Body Beast Legs, they are too tuff on my knees.

Todays workout was Caroline Girvan, Epic 11 day and what a great workout. Boy, that is one of the hardest workouts I have done in a long time at least for legs. My glutes and hamstrings are screaming right now. I had to pause quite a few times to catch my breath, i was dripping wet by the end of the workout because it is that hard and it is hot again today. Everyone should try these workouts, you will even get a great workout with lite weights. I did not lift heavy because I did BB all week and I just wanted a total body workout for today. Workout was 1 hour 15 with the stretch and I burned 605 calories. My heart rate us up there, 125/165. On my Apple watch it shows that it stayed up high almost the entire workout. Now I can have some chips and dip for the NFL Football playoff game of the Tampa Bay Bucs vs. the New Orleans Saints. Go Tom Brady!!!

If I can walk tomorrow or just sit down without dying it will be a miracle :)

Today it got into the 40s so I went for a bike ride in Ute Valley. Very nice ride - only a few sections muddy/icy. I used my gopro and am now trying to upload my ride to youtube and see if it works to ride along with myself on my spin bike!! HA!

This morning I did RAW Intervals #5 and had an excellent workout. I realized last night as I was sitting on my couch that I had no knots or pain whatsoever. Couldn't believe it. I felt my upper back and nothing. Now lets see how long it takes for them to come back.

Anyways, this workout consists of a Kettlebell interval, boxing, legs and an upper body exercise. I will come back later and type out the workout. I have a dentist appointment that I'm heading to in a minute.

Each interval was 1 minute but I honestly think the kettlebell ones were 1:30 because they went on forever and I was watching my clock and they did not end after a minute. I used 15# kettlebell, 8 and 10# dumbbells and kicked butt!!! I really feel great today.

Why does the word "kettlebell" always show up as incorrect spelling on this website. Of all websites, kettlebell should be in the spelling directory!!!

Workout was 20 minutes (I did the ab and chest part twice), burned 161 calories, did 2145 steps and HR was 112/167.

I also added some of RAW Ab Finisher - hate the music in that workout, but the exercises are good.

Roselyn - Do you mean like a green shake? I make one using a green apple, 1/2 cucumber, 1/4 banana, spinach, fresh ginger, agave and water. Blend it up and it's awesome for the immunity system. However, the flavor isn't very good. You get used to it, but the ginger (for me anyways) is hard to tolerate. I've even lessened the amount of ginger and it makes no difference. But I try to drink this once a day if possible.

BBL!!

Good morning,

STS M2 Week 4 D22 Chest/Shoulder/Triceps plus SBF TB Mat work = 20 min + Booty Blast Reset Target = 6 min is done.

Debbie - great job with your kettlebell workout this morning. Good luck at your appointment today.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

This morning I grabbed Total Body Giant Sets from S&S. I used my landmine for the squats, deadlifts, pile squats and back rows.

Good job to everyone checking in later!!

Today I did Cathe Live Low Impact Hiit 40/20, 43 minutes, heart rate 122/151, 204 calories, 3,539 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Burn Out Upper Body, 44 minutes, heart rate 105 calories, 799 steps.
Total time was 87 minutes, 309 calories, 4,338 steps. No school today so I took a long soak with a Lush bath bomb and am kind of relaxing. Will clean some this evening when my husband goes to work. I have been looking at and reviewing a couple of Fitness watches. The Samsung 3 one looks good, but rather expensive. The main complaint seems to be some purchased expecting to be able to use the ecg feature and it is only available on Samsung cell phone use. One said Galaxy phone, but I only saw one say that. Also places like ATT and Verizon would not unlock the watch if wanting to use a service unless you purchase it there. That is if you want to pay for the phone service so you do not have to have the cell phone around. I don't care about that myself. I don't feel like talking through my watch. My husband has a Gear 2 and had the service with ATT for a year and got rid of it. It came in handy once when he left his phone at home. I look on Amazon myself for purchasing a phone. They won't be there trying to upsell. The other is the Withings(Nokia) Sport Amazon.com: Withings Steel HR Sport Hybrid Smartwatch (40mm) - Activity, Sleep, Fitness and Heart Rate Tracker with Connected GPS, Smart Notifications, Water Resistant with 25-Day Battery Life: Sports & Outdoors
People really like the long battery life on the Withings. The biggest complaint was the screen. Black costs less, but those white numbers and markings are really grey and it makes it hard to read. So, I would get white and choose some bands that would look nice. Also some glare on the glass that is a mineral glass. I am pulled. My husband said to order one then said what about Samsung, but I am thinking most watches and from everything that I read go more by age, weight, step count, and heart rate and not so much by fitness level. So they do not take in the fitness of the individual. Also I tried something this morning that one guy mentioned and that was wiping sweat off the back of the watch when it starts to lag or lose the heart rate. It did bring it back up when I did that. I just kept a tissue nearby. I had to do that several times though. Both watches you can buy bands for. Withings fasten on like my Versa 2.
Withings works with Fitbit app, and other apps. I saw someone was asking about Strava. It works with MFP as well. My scale works with both and it is Withings.

Coffey Fit Raw Burn Out Upper
supersets all body parts except back, 45 seconds work, 3 sets each body part Kelly's weights 25#, 20,15,10# all dumbbells and only need 1 25#
warm up 6 minutes

Biceps superset(Kelly uses 20's)
supination curl 17.5# dbs 9 reps; 17.5# dbs 6 reps; 15# dbs 8 reps; 15# dbs 8 reps(better than last time as I used 15's and 12's)
superset with front curl halfs 15# dbs 12 reps; 12# dbs 10 reps; changes to hammer curls 15# dbs 10 reps

Back (25# Kelly)
step and 25# db 12reps left and 12 reps right repeat for 3 sets

Shoulders (Kelly uses 15's)
seated overhead press 10# dbs 12 reps; 10# dbs 12 reps alternating; 10# dbs 12 reps alternating
superset with bent arm lateral raise 10# dbs 12 reps; 10# dbs alternating 16 reps; 10# dbs 10 reps alternating (the supination curls were making the front of my shoulder have a snapping feeling)

Chest(Kelly uses 20's)
bench close grip press 12# dbs 11 reps; 15# dbs 8 reps; 15# dbs 9 reps
super set with pullovers (Kelly used two dumbbells I used 1) 15# db 11 reps; 8 reps; 10 reps

Triceps (Kelly uses 15's)
skull crusher 15's 11 reps; 15's 10 reps; 15's 12 reps
superset with Dips (Kelly says can sub overhead press) 20 reps; 18 reps: 15# db overhead extensions 12 reps (trying to find something comfortable)

Stretch

Jolie, nice work on that workout. It looks like a really tough one. I thought for some reason that one was total body? Yay on chips during the game :) I asked a question, but I guess you did not see it. Do you have a device that you do the cold laser therapy with yourself? I looked at some on Amazon.

Roselyn, I did make greens drinks and have used powdered greens. As far as the drinks with all of the salad greens and stuff in them, I decided eating them as a salad is better than drinking them for taste. I do like Amazing Grass though. I have used them on and off for years. I like the Immunity tangerine and the berry one that is really high antioxident.

Doreen, nice that you were able to get out on the bike. It has got up to the 50's here the last couple of days. Although the wind Saturday made it feel really cold. I need to look up the landmine. Nice work today too.

Debbie, that is wonderful that you had no pain. I have had a few times that I would suddenly be aware that nothing was hurting. One particular time was when I went to the store and almost felt like bouncing into the store. Then it struck me nothing hurt. No gingerly crawling out of the car in case knees weren't right. Happens occasionally that way. I hope that it stays that way for you after that workout. I do like that workout and it is not too long. I always wonder that with the word kettlebell. Why do they want it in two separate words anyway. But then there are other words like that and it always bugs me. They sell the silly things in the stores and they don't use two words for it. Sometimes I just do the standing portion of abs finisher.

I guess I typed everything in bold after putting in the workout.:oops:

Belinda, nice work with STS upper today and SB workouts. I thought of you when I read those Amazon reviews for the Withings watch as one was a long one that gave 5 stars but is all in German. His picture of the watch in black though did not look that hard to read. Well guessing a guy by the look of the hairy arm anyway. Didn't look at the name.

Last edited:
don’t know if you all remember? I bought a computer in September. I can’t turn the computer on anymore. I have been on the phone with Apple. I have to bring the computer to an Apple store on Thursday. They only go by appointments only.

Sorry for no personals. It’s hard for me to use my iPhone .

S&S Cardio Slam this morning. I modified some of the jumping. I haven't done it in a while so it was fun to revisit this one!

Today I did two cardio workouts and kicked butt. I still have no pain, even after lifting yesterday. We'll see how long that lasts. Sitting at work again so I'm waiting for the pain to start.

Anyways, I did a Max Trainer workout called Max Mix Cardio 9 and had a lot of fun with it. This one has alternating 5 and 10 second sprints with 50 seconds rest between each alternating set. Used a resistance of 3 the whole time.

Check out these stats:
Workout was 14 minutes, burned 56 calories (MT said 99), went .40 miles, did 997 and HR was (hold yourself back) 88/99. REALLY? I was breathless with these intervals. Made me laugh. Last time I did this with my Versa 2 my HR was 101/147. I think that is a bit more accurate.

I also did RAW Just Step 2 and loved it, what a fun and quick workout. This was 27 minutes, burned 165 calories, did 2506 steps and HR was 117/152. That's more like it.

I do not have time for personals yet again, I'll try to be back later.

Today I did CL # Cardio Play Date. Had a great workout. I also did SBF Stopwatch Planks + adv. Lower abs w/ Ball .

Debbie- so glad to here you still not in pain. Fantastic job on your workouts today.

Yesterday was my rest day. I really needed it because my entire body was sore from Sunday's workout! I am still sore but did Body Beast Shoulders and Caroline Grivans Shoulders 15 minutes. I loved both of these workouts, BB was slow and heavy and Caroline's was Tabata style, 30 seconds on 30 seconds off using lighter weights. 5 exercises total, 3 rounds of each exercise besides the last one which is a burn out. Total Workout time was 1 hour and I burned 401 calories. I will not post BB workout because it is the same as last week, no change in weights.

Caroline's Shoulder Workout.

Alternating Shoulder Press- 12,s This was tuff stuff

Lateral Raises- 8's

Front Press with a single DB- 10# I need to go heavier next time.

Rear Flies- 8's

Burn Out

Overhead Press for 30 seconds- 12's
1 DB Overhead Front Press- 12#

I will be feeling this tomorrow :) I love these new workouts that Doreen suggested. They are by far my favorite right now. You can lift heavy or lite, and your heart rate gets up like a cardio workout. I am not walking this week to give my feet a break so these are perfect to do instead.

Debbie, I cannot sit on a couch, I have not for over 12 years. That makes my back go out so I sit on the edge of the coffee table or and upright chair from the table. My Chiro said sitting on a couch is the worst thing you can do for your back. I am allowed to lay down on it and watch tv. You should try sitting in a dinning room chair instead and see if that is what is causing your pain in you upper back! Great workout today. My Fitbit the calorie burn and heart rate are slightly higher than my Apple watch. I should wear on one each wrist and see what the difference really is between the two devices.

Diane Sue, no I do not own the cool laser, my Chiro has one and uses it on my every time I go for an adjustment. They are amazing! What I use on myself is an infrared light because the cool lasers are extremely expensive. I worked for Nokia for 14 years in the telecom division and they make superior products across the board. I looked at that device but since I have an Apple phone I though the Apple watch would be my best bet, but now that they are censoring people I dont want any of their products anymore.

Doreen, nice workout. Thanks for sharing Caroline to me, she is now my new favorite instructor. I love how there is no chit chat during her workouts.

Roselyn, way to go on the BB workouts, I am really enjoying them again.

Belinda, nice CL workout today, I have never done that one. All of her workouts are good, try the Caroline Grivans workouts some time and they are free.

Getting cold here again, we are getting a big rain storm for a few days over the weekend. I will NOT be watching the the news tomorrow and I dont care about Biden being sworn into office. Trump is my President.

Make it a great day.

Today I did Step Boss Step Sync 59 minutes(extra time for fighting with my updated Fitbit :mad:) heart rate 108/143, for the first 30 minutes of my workout I kept seeing heart rate in the 80's and 90's and I was breathing hard and adding lots to try to get it up to 110, then after I finally was getting really mad I paused and rubbed the back with my shirt and I think it loosened the band some more or placed it different than all of the the other changes I made because it jumped to 187 which the app does not show or the watch?. Anyway it says 19 minutes under my zone. I hate when it does that. Heart rate came out better than I thought at 252, and I got 5,820 steps. That is all for the day. I am tired. I took a 5mg melatonin tablet and some cough gels and went to bed only to fall asleep for about an hour and wake up. I think the last time I looked at the clock it was after 4. Anyway Fitbit says I got 3 hours of sleep. I sure hope tonight is better than that. If not it is going to be a long week. Shouldn't have turned Fox News back on after my husband left. I wanted to hear Janine talk. I felt so anxious and depressed. What is wrong with people. All of those people heading to the border because of Joe Biden saying he would open it? Covid!! is not gone. Then I kept thinking about a house we were thinking of getting. I just could not sleep. Carried on all of those conversations and scenarios that would not be likely in my head while lying awake.

Belinda, that is terrible that your computer will not turn on. One of the reasons I quit using apple is having to go to one of the two stores (unless they added another) in this state. Setting appointments and getting it in there is a pain. The last straw was when I took an iphone in and they just told me it was past warranty and they could sell me another. We almost did and went to the ATT store in the same mall who said they were busy and it was near closing time and they would not sell us one. So we just got Samsung and that is what our last two phones have been. I am still having problems with that tablet that got water on it. It worked this weekend for streaming that Cathe workout and then last night I bought it downstairs and plugged it in and it won't turn on again. I hope you can get your computer fixed. I do not like doing things like check in on a cell phone. Nice work on Cardio Play date.

Doreen, I have not done Cardio Slam in awhile either. It is fun to go back to some of the workouts.

Debbie, nice workout. Did you have to do a watch update too. Mine was for my Versa 2 this morning. I am always hopeful that it will make a huge difference, but today it was all over the place till the last half which seemed more correct. Still it did not give the higher heart rates that I saw on my Fitbit. I saw it in the 158 and 187 and it even vibrated and popped up that screen. So, I don't know why it ended with what I have for high and low heart rate. I really do not think my heart rate was ever 187 though. Fitbit needs to get their act together or they are going to lose a lot of customers. I am not happy with Google buying them out either. I hate big tech companies lately I feel so angry all of the time.
That is great that you are not having the pain. I expected a lot today after upper body yesterday and upping my weight, but other than a massive headache last night, I am fine today. I am just trying not to over due so maybe I can strengthen the supportive muscles. Wish I could get my stretches in more. I love Just Step 2 as well. Fun workout.

Jolie, great job on doing those two workouts together. That is a lot of shoulder work. I wondered if you went somewhere to get the laser therapy. I looked at a few on Amazon, but figured it would be the expensive devises that would be most effective. I sit on a bar stool most of the time when I am sitting. Any time I have watched movies I would generally space pillows and my neck roll to make my neck and back posture. Chairs and sitting on couches is bad for posture. My husband got me a new recliner. I wish we had got the online one that was ergonomic for backs and posture that I had found. It was spur of the moment to go to Lazy Boy store and the one I have is not that comfortable unless I lay it way back. I still use my neck roll or my pillow roll and go pillow. I keep looking for products that are not supporting our demise. Unfortunately I would say two thirds of our products have something to do with China. Even ones that try just saying manufactured in America. It really annoys me when they say that with with global products. I am upset with all of those media giants and their censoring. I am developing a really mean spirited bad attitude to say the least. I think I have never been as sarcastic, and snappy in my life. I want my country and freedoms of speech and freedom in general back.
I think the reviews and stuff on the Nokia/Whithings look good. I was looking at their blood pressure monitors. A bit more than I wanted to spend though. I don't know why my blood pressure was up more that I ever saw it, at the Arthritis center. I think all of this stress of school, appointments, covid and our government is getting to me. I bought a supplement I was reading about on a Paleo site and found on Amazon called Cardio Platinum to try. It wasn't much more than the Qunol stuff with Omega 3's in it and covers different heart and artery issues. I go to my Heart Doctor Friday and am telling him I am not using the Lovastatin. Tried 3 times and it is a big no. I read about red yeast, but it is basically what the plant based lovastatin is and the side affects can be the same as I had with the mouth sores and swollen tongue and back of my throat.

My Dooms Day workout this morning was RAW Intervals 4 and had a great workout. What a lot of fun this workout is, but the music is so loud, it's hard to hear Kelly. Easy to follow, though, so no big deal. Didn't care for the music much, but I've heard it in her other workouts so it wasn't all that bad. Just too loud.

This workout has 30 second intevals and it was really fun, used the step with one set of risers, 8 and 12# dumbbells. No boxing in this workout whatsoever.

Split/Squat Jacks
Power Curls:
12's
Repeat

Pendulums
Deadlift/Upright Rows
: 12's
Repeat

Ichy Feet (love these)
Back Lunge w/One Arm Overhead Press
: 8#
Repeat other side

Lunge Cardio off Step
Side Lunge/Curls
Repeat

Squat Touch Downs
Plank Rows
Repeat

Heel Crossovers
Jacks/Skates

Repeat

REPEAT ALL - but she cuts back on lifting moves, only does them once

Skull Crushers/Situps: 8's (I don't know how she does this with 12's!)
Chest Flyes w/Leg Raise: 8's first time/10's second time
Repeat

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 253 calories, did 2790 steps and HR was 119/151.

Belinda - I hope you get your computer fixed soon, that is hard to only use a phone or tablet for typing stuff. Nice job on your workout yesterday!

Doreen - Great job with Cardio Slam. I have the S&S workouts, need to revisit them.

Jolie - All that shoulder work you did yesterday made me cringe! LOL!! I could feel the pain. Nice job, that was very impressive!!

Diane - I know how you feel, I feel the same way. I'm so down this morning and I am NEVER down. Just can't believe all that is happening and it doesn't seem like anyone can stop it. Ever. Which scares me. I guess time will tell. I heard about the illegal immigrants coming in by the thousands again. WTF. Unbelievable and very disturbing. I also heard that Pence won't be at Trumps farewell, what a shame. I always thought they were such a good team. It's a shame he didn't contest the electoral votes, but from what I read, it wasn't in his power to do so. Still, he could have stood by Trump a bit more than he did. Now he looks like a traitor. Nice job on your workouts recently, you've been really getting some good workouts in. Me too, it's fun when you aren't in pain. We bought a lazyboy set and it was the most uncomfortable chair ever. We kept it about a year and bought our newer set last year which is a generic brand name set. Still not very good on the neck, why do all these couches/chairs push your head forward. Who the heck wants to sit like that? The ones we have are better than the lazy boy was.

Hope you all have a great day!! I'm going to hide in my office and hope it goes by fast.

I did a Pyramid Power Plus from GHUTV with Chris Freytag this morning. 7 exercises. Each round you add an exercise until you have done them all then you start in reverse order and start dropping exercises. So each exercise you do 8 sets of. Its a good format - I just didn't love the exercises she picked. But it was a good metabolic workout for 45 minutes.

Woke up feeling absolutely fantastic today, it is going to be a great day! I did Body Beast Chest and Triceps and had a great workout. Next I did Caroline Grivans 10 minute abs and core workout with weights and loved it. These workouts are so controlled that I dont think I can hurt myself like the fast moving workouts. Also, she looks amazing and that really motivates me to do the workouts. I go to bed each night and cant wait to wake up and workout. Wow, it has been a really long time since I have felt like this with my workouts. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 350 calories. I lifted the same weights as last week so I will not write down my BB workout. Heart rate was 107/144.

I think I have lost some weight, I will not use the scale anymore because I become obsessed with it and it interferes with my life. I go by how my cloths fit instead and it is a healthier way to live. I am now getting my definition back in my muscles so if I continue these programs for a while I am sure I will look great for summer!

Debbie, great workout today, that one looks fun. I like the Tabata style workouts they seem to go by really fast. I did not watch the tv at all last night or this morning, I cant stand to watch them destroy America and what Trump has built for us. Did you see the caravan coming in from Honduras? I am so scared what kind of disease these people will bring as well as drugs, gangs and God knows whatever else! Trump will always be my President and if he starts a new party, I am switching because the Republicans are pussies and never fight for anything that is wrong!

Doreen, nice workout today.

BBL to read your post for the day. Its my dogs 14th Birthday so I promised him 4 walks today! I have one down 3 more to go, that should equal about 3 miles of walking today.

Trump!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.