Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2021

Rough day for school. Grandson accidentally knocked over his water bottle during show and tell on my other laptop and it froze. I immediately turned it over to try to prevent water from going inside and got a towel. I shut it down and started it up, then it turned itself off. Won't start. I am sure hoping it starts up again after drying out! I have it all set up for school work. Had to move to the school tablet. The only thing is I do not know how they expect children to keep the tablet battery charged up all day long. I hate virtual school. It is so confusing. Trying to second guess what work the teacher is actually going to do and what work "I" need to do with him. Math was not there till this afternoon. They give 3 pages to pull out of the work book and do only one two sided page which we had to complete part of on our own as "homework" Which is dumb since we are at home. I guess I am just feeling fed up with it.

Roxie nice work on Slim Sculpting.

Belinda, good job getting the STS workout in before heading out to drop off donations to the homeless shelter.

Debbie, I liked that workout and did the burpee moves, but always dread those. I had contemplated doing something else there. I figured that is what you meant. We need to get some conservative inspired groups to grow online that do not suppress people's thoughts and rights. It makes me upset. I think we are all frustrated about what we can do. I think that forcing people to get the vaccine is wrong. Many of the ladies in my Christian game day group do not get flu shots and I do not look for them to want that one. They think the body does better at building it's own immunity. It should be the individual's decision. I thought I read that it was not going to be mandatory, but with how our election has went I don't know what will come out. My husband said no to it and I don't need it. The school for my grandson does not seem to have plans for returning to classroom any time soon. I checked out there pages on it. That workout yesterday or something has left my neck hurting a lot. I did modifying today. Was afraid of weights. I used to not be happy if I did not come up with 500-600 for my workouts a day which was usually 80-100 minutes. Now I am happy if I get 200 -300. I don't know why that is. I looked at my Fitbit a couple of times on the power step and near the end and my heart rate was in the 90's. It was making me mad. So, I felt better when the average was higher than I expected from it. That is me though as I don't gain weight either, so I guess those stats are not hurting me any. One thing I can say for my husband is his opinions are expressed all of the time. I express mine, but I guess I try to be tactful and respect that others have their own opinions although in my mind I can only figure they are blind to the truth or they would not think that way. I am the same with music in my workouts.

Doreen, I have read a lot too on the vaccines and talked to my daughter who is a dermatologist. She called and asked if my husband wanted the vaccine. I think because she is such a worrier that she would have liked him to do it, but he will not. I have only had a few times I was able talk him into a flu shot. Even when my daughter bought the shots from her office and administered them it was not easy to get him to take one. She used to work in our family doctor office years ago as did my other daughter and dil. I would probably take it if I needed to. Nice looking step workout today.

Today I did just cardio, wasnt in the mood to even workout. I slipped on the stairs last night while carrying my dog and a glass of water and twisted my leg and knee a little so it is sore. Walking was ok so I just did that today. Workout was 60 minutes, traveled 3.2 mile, 3.1 to 3.2 speed, incline was 6.0 to 7.0 and burned 548 calories. Walking uphill isn't even hard anymore, and my legs are really firming up :) Heart rate was 126/165.

Nice workouts yesterday everyone. Friday was my second rest day for the week. I just found out that they are closing my gym down for a while, apparently there is a covid outbreak issue so that is that. I am going to see if I can get a refund or I will just cancel. There is NO way I am going now. This is some crazy stuff we are dealing with in our country.

Sunny and beautiful here in The OC today! The sun makes me so happy :) I am making Tuscan white bean soup today for my meal watching the football play off games.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw 2 4 minute Get Up and Move workouts. I did the Get up and Move Cardio then Raw Intervals 3 using 3 and 10# dumbbells and finishing with the Get Up and Move Planks(using step with risers as Kelly is showing if you have been working at a desk and you use a desk) This worked for me a the arm up since Intervals 3 does not have a warm up. This was 36 minutes, heart rate 120/157, 2,315 steps, 36 minutes,161 calories. I followed this with Kelly's Super Sculpt Dvd workout # 1 doing the no jump step cardio and using 3# dumbbells, 35 minutes, 187 calories, heart rate 130/162, 3,097 steps. Total time 71 minutes, 348 calories, 5,412 steps.

Raw Intervals #3 27 minutes
no fancy footwork for the step and cardio portions, everything has a fast paced low weight followed by a heavier weight for each body part. Kelly uses 3 and 10# dumbbells There is not a warm up in this one. If I remember right Kelly has just went for a run or something.
step
3# dumbbells quick paced biceps curls followed by slower with 10# dumbbells
ski runs and jacks
bent arm lateral raise with pulses 3# dumbbells followed by 10# lateral raises
step single leg pulls
triceps 3# run followed by 10# alternating kickbacks
step scissors/pop squats done in sets of 8 with a pause
pec deck 3# pulses followed by 10# pec deck
step lateral leg lifts with arm movements
back rows 3# quick paced then 10# dumbbell rows
waist line side to side bends followed by seated knee ins.

Kelly Coffey Super Sculpt Workout #1 34:23 minutes
They use a step with 1 or 2 risers Kelly uses 3 # dumbbells and the others use 2# dumbbells. The movement patterns are done for 50 seconds
super light dumbbells used for all moves but two which I show as no weight
1. squat punch up
2. side lunge/rock side to side kickback/ front punch out repeat opposite side
3. 1 foot on step upper cut/knee up/ upper cut switch sides
4.arms in guard side step 2 times 2nd step front kick
5. no weight cross jack lunge
6. pick weights back up twist punch down
7. triple knee on step/run curls
8. scissors/step overhead press alternating sides
9. skater punch down/side step lateral raise
10. no weight squat knee up jumps
pick up dumbbells
11. lateral leg raise overhead press pec deck on step
12. side bends
13. plank/ side plank
This is 18 minutes then you do a step workout to finish out.

Jolie, this is crazy stuff and that is an understatement. Nice work today and I would avoid the gym for now too. Hopefully they can open back up soon though. I am so tired of seeing businesses go under. I don't think I would be carrying my 80 lb dog down the stairs. Sounds like something I would do though as I am always trying to get everything down the stairs or up the stairs in one load so I can do one trip.
Your soup sounds like it would be good. I need to get some more made, but I am so tapped for time lately.

Hi,

Today I did #126 Timesaver Step Grooves = 36 min. Very fun workout.

Jolie - hope you get a refund. Crazy stuff for sure.

Diane - great job yesterday and today. How is your neck and shoulder doing? Sorry about the water. Is your computer still working? My Rheumatologist brought up the vaccines the last time I saw him. I can't get it at the moment, I have 2 autoimmune system disease going on. The concern is RP. He also talked about all the side effects you get from the vaccines.

Debbie - I did modified burpees. I also hate them. Good job!

Good night.

I did a CDoerner step workout this morning. Another really fun one that really got my heart rate up.

And then I went and shoveled the High School track with my son (what!!?!). He's supposed to do his fitness test tomorrow for the ROTC scholarship and it snowed yesterday. He doesn't want to run the 1 1/2 mile test in the snow so we shoveled off one lane hoping it will melt by tomorrow!!

Rest today. I got went to church inside the church for the first time in 5 weeks. It was nice to see everyone again. We had family birthdays and Christmas gathering at my daughters which was fun. It is so much fun watching the children open their gifts and trading our adult gifts. Also celebrated several family birthdays that are this month. One of my granddaughters came in with her boyfriend today with her engagement ring. They have been dating for a long time. So, another celebration :) . Back to school tomorrow. One of my granddaughter's drew my name and got me a cute lavender shirt from Eddie Bauer and Lush bath bomb and soap:). I love the Lush products a lot, but do not buy them often.

Belinda, I am sorry that you cannot get the vaccine. So, I guess they are worried it would could make your condition worse? What about if you get the virus? Will that affect your auto immune issues?
The laptop went dead again yesterday. I flipped it over last night so that the vents in the bottom could get air that was blowing through the heat vent. It started right up this morning when I tried it again. Then when we came home this evening it would not turn on again. I don't know what to think. My IT son it law suggested putting it in rice. It seems like the dust might get inside of it? I messed with my Samsung tablet and I can get his lessons on it if I need to. I really did not leave him with my tablet though.

Roselyn, nice work on chest and back.

After having a few days of no pain and finally feeling better with my shoulder and upper body, the muscle that keeps giving me issues decided to spasm yesterday and I wasn't even doing anything. I was in my bathroom laying my clothes out that I was going to change into and all of a sudden the tightness and pain hit. WHAT THE F!? I just don't understand this and I am so sick of it. I am not doing anything that should be causing my body this kind of tightness and pain. Stretching doesn't help, icing doesn't help. I just don't understand why my muscles are doing this? If it isn't my upper body, it's my legs. I battled with a hamstring issue for over a year and even that isn't totally gone. I'm beyond frustrated at this point and now I'm getting angry about it. I realize that emotion does nothing to make it better, but I don't know how else to feel anymore. Nothing that my body is going through is justified and it really makes no sense to me. I haven't liftd heavy heavy weights for years. I've adjusted my workout plan so that I don't get hurt every time I work out. Nothing helps. So once again, I am on Aleve and heating/icing my upper back along with working out the knots with my Body Buddy.

I only walked on my treadmill this morning because I was worried about making it worse (of course, like always) and at least got some steps in.

Workout was 43 minutes, burned 248 calories, went 2.11 miles, did 5123 steps and HR was/108/132. Not sure where the 132 came from, my HR never got above 113. Weird.

Diane - I hope your laptop is ok. You shouldn't have turned it on until you were sure it was dry. I hope it will work today, but I've had that happen and had no luck reviving my laptop. Good luck!! I am beyond frustrated with what is going on with President Trump, I can't even believe this is happening and how did we let it happen? OMG. I pray for him and his family. Big tech rules this world and we are screwed. I just keep praying to God that he will keep us safe. So glad you were able to go to church, my mom and I went as well although we've been going every other week. The mood was so somber there this weekend, everyone was so quiet. Really felt eerie.

Jolie - I hope you are feeling better. Yikes on falling down your steps. Bummer on your gym closing, this virus is really taking its toll on everyone.

Belinda - Weird that you can't take the vaccination, but I sort of get why. I honestly don't think they know what the effects can be with people and autoimmune diseases. I'm not getting it, I'm waiting to see how everyone who has taken it does in the next few months. I want my mom to get it, though, and as soon as it is availble to her, I will take her in so she can get it.

Doreen - Wow on shoveling the track, that was a HUGE workout!! The things we do for our kids!!

Roselyn - Nice workout!!

Have a great day everyone!!

This morning I did Strong & Sweaty PHA. I used my landmine set up for all the lower body moves. I forgot how much this really ramps the heart-rate up!! I really need to revisit more of my DVDs!

Good morning,

STS M2 Week 3 D19 CST is done. Loved the double wave. SBF started a new rotation. I will do that one later, too tired right now.

Debbie - doctors don't know much about the RP autoimmune disease. There hasn't been enough studies done on RP. The doctors hardly know anything about the disease (RP.) I feel the same about the vaccine as you do. I will see my Rheumatologist this month. Any vaccination or meds I take I have to discuss first with my Rheumatologist. Sorry your shoulder and upper body giving you so much problems. I hope you feel better soon.

Diane - yes, they are worried it would make my condition worst. There hasn't been enough studies on RP. I already have reactions to medications since I was diagnosed with RP. My doctors keep telling me to avoid being around people except my family. I told my Rheumatologist the last time I saw him, I would wait and see how people react to the vaccine before I consider getting it. He also disgust all the side effects from the vaccine that people are experience. If I am in public like grocery shopping I wear a surgical mask. I also added a 3 layer cloth mask on top. If I see people without a mask I walk the other way, far away from them. I am protecting myself the best I can. Hopefully I am not getting covid. I use a lot of hand sanitizer or cloves if I am the grocery store. I don't like doing it, but I don't have a choice. Are you getting the vaccine? Sorry about your computer. Let it completely dry out.

BBL

I forgot to post yesterday, I had a fantastic workout. I started with a 30 minute walk uphill on the TM, traveled 1.6 miles. Then I ran on the elliptical for 1 mile, 10 minutes, interval mode and did really well. Total calories burned during cardio was 456. Then I did ICE Muscle Meltdown, Chest and Back, boy am I sore today. Total workout was 1 hour 45 minutes and I burned 589 calories. Today is my first rest day for the week, I am tired and sore so this gives me a chance to recover. I am not sure what I am going to do this week, I did enjoy Muscle Meltdown but I might do total body workouts this week. I will do at least 1 Yvette workout for legs, those are the best and I see the best results for my legs.

Debbie, wow, this whole upper body thing that you are going through is crazy! I had a tight hamstring from kickboxing for a couple of years and then it released and the other side tightened up!!! It still bothers me no matter how much I stretch. I want to start some kickboxing this week and I am sure that it my aggravate something again. Can you run or just do the max trainer? Maybe just do cardio for a while and let everything settle down. Maybe it is inflammation? Try the infrared light on the areas, that will make the pain settle down. I did it last night on my ankle and I have no pain today.

Diane Sue, good luck with the home schooling today and hopefully you get to workout.

Belinda, I cant believe you are on week 3 already!!! time flies while you are having fun. :)

Doreen, Cathe's PHA workouts are tuff stuff.

Roxie, so I shouldn't do the 10 rounds workout? I really dont want to sign up for anything new except going back to Cathe Live.

Roselyn, what are you doing for workouts this week? I cant decide. I swear I need a rotation to follow again, it keeps me on track.

Have a wonderful Monday my friends!

Good Evenin,

Jolie you might enjoy it and I probably could have made it work if I had tried a little harder. I did start repeating the workouts so I could get the moves down. House hunting yes was a bust.

I have a busy week and appointments. If I am not here, it is just that I can't get here. Today I split my workout. Half before zoom class and half afterward. I started with Raw Lift and Box,(I thought that I had done it before and I was correct) It was 39 minutes(34 actual), heart rate 101/157, 109 calories, 1, 271 steps. Second workout was Cathe Live #101 Step and Pump just the warm up and cardio no blasts or weights, then the stretch with the superman move in the middle of it, 30 minutes, heart rate 128/179, 152 calories, 2,702 steps. Total time was 69 minutes, 261 calories, 3, 973 steps. I still hit steps at 10,518 steps so far today. The yard people came back and took out some of the sod and dug down and leveled again. They put in new sod, but when the left there was so much mud all over the drive and up the walk way. Lots of dirt. I spent this afternoon trying to clean it up after afternoon zoom and math.
As far as Lift N Box quick fix, it is only okay imo. Music is meh, plus hard on my neck and shoulders with the egg weight boxing.

Lift N Box quick fix 34 minutes
timed work at 50 /10 using a barbell, moderate dumbbells, and egg weights.
lateral raise/connected front raise 8# dbs (me 5#"s)
side lunge/kickbacks 8# dbs alternating
boxing with egg weights (me 1# dumbbells)
barbell 25# push press
dips using the barbell
boxing with egg weights 1#dbs me
single/double pledge curls 12# dbs
lunge and row 12# dbs
boxing egg weights (me 1# dbs)
barbell curls 25#
barbell bend and row 25#
boxing egg weights me 1# dbs
to the floor
flies pinkies in 12# dbs
bridges 12# dbs on hips
bench press barbell 25#
feet on barbell bridges
feet anchored with barbell sit ups/ punches with egg weights
plank/down dog/ toe touch
child pose/cobra

Doreen, I guess I missed your post yesterday. Shoveling a lane in the track was a big project. I don't know why, but I never seem to get my heart rate up much with the PHA workouts. I would have thought that I would.

Debbie, do you think that it could be a nerve? I get that though. The pain just comes on suddenly when I am feeling good and it is on my left side. Oddly when it is painful it feels sort of swollen and burns where the other side I can feel where my bones are. This is the opposite side from the side they had to work on though and has been a problem for several years now. I wish I had answers, but I do not. I have not got anything helpful from doctors either and I am not really wanting them to do too much probing.
I am so sad about all of this that is going on. I am afraid the left is going to keep after Trump till they are sure they ruin a chance for him to run for office ever again. I had so much hope and I am with you praying for God's help for our country and our freedoms. The hypocracy really gets me as they let go stuff as peaceful that was not, ignored deaths of business owners and innocent people, all to tear down our president. I think that God protects his own. We, may have some rough times though. As there is a wake up call to get people's attention. Praying our country gets back where they should be and people remember history and do not repeat it. We did not watch news all weekend. That being said, I did read some things from PragerU, Parlor, and News Max on my own. I guess for some awareness. Our country has so much hate and it is all being pushed by the left. It makes me ill. Where is compassion, love and kindness anyway?
The laptop will not do anything. I just have it lying here with vents where they can get air. Nothing I can do. I had to work with the school tablet. Bad thing is, instead of typing the book review in like my grandson has been doing on the laptop, he discovered the mic and was using it to type. That does not help with spelling!
I see things around all of the time for where to get the vaccine. My daughter called to see if she could get her Dad to get it. He said no. I just pray for him all of the time that he won't get it. He does not go to doctors unless it is a demand for work or something.

Belinda, good that you are wearing extra coverage with the masks. I do not see people in the stores I shop in without masks. You might see a child without one once in awhile. My grandson has a tendency to pull his off in the store, but I rarely take him inside a store. I just leave him with his sister and make a quick run if I have to go. He would rather sit here and play games anyway. Restaurants are where you would see masks come off. But I have not heard of anyone catching it eating in one. My daughter said I wouldn't be a candidate now for the vaccine as I had covid already. I will hold off, unless it is needed.

Jolie, you have been doing a great job on your workouts. I do total body workouts with some cardio intervals a lot just to be sure I get some of everything in, just in case I cannot do a work out. Since I did the workout I did today, I will fit in lower sometime this week and hopefully some upper at the end of the week, or at least parts that are not going to leave me in pain. I hate having to work around my arthritis. I wish my days were normal as I would have the time to work out a plan. Hope you come up with something that you like.

Roselyn, nice work on the STS workouts.

Roxie, we find a house and go home to discuss it and then it ends up purchased before we can do anything. We did put a contingency on one on selling ours, so we will see how it goes. Our offer was accepted. We just need to sell ours.

I am feeling much better today, I was actually going to do a RAW Interval workout but decided against it. I'm giving myself one more easy day so I just walked on my treadmill for about 45 minutes.

Anyone know how to turn spell check on in this forum?

Diane - Maybe you should have done Box & Lift without weights for the boxing part. Once I start feeling that burn in my upper back, I drop the weights. I really wish Kelly's workouts weren't mostly all boxing. Don't get me wrong, I love boxing and her workouts, but right now I need to ease back on the boxing. Oh well, there are others out there that don't consist of all boxing moves. No, I don't think this is a nerve, it definitely is muscular. I felt it when it spasmed and there was nothing I could do about it. Really frustrating but it is feeling better today. Honestly, if Trump ran again I don't think he'd get back in. Don't get me wrong, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat, but I think he has burned too many bridges. I mean, it doesn't even look like the Republican party is on his side, they've all pretty much abandoned him except maybe Ted Cruz and a few others. I don't even know what to think anymore. We need to vote out every last one of them and start over. That will never happen, though. You are right, we are in deep trouble and I don't think people are going to put up with much more. Now there is a rumor going around that there will be riots on inaugeration day. That is all we need... They are offering the vaccine for us and schools in Feb. but honestly, I don't think I will take it. It doesn't seem like it will help anything, you still have to wear a mask and you can still transmit the virus if you are asymptomatic. What is the point? I will just keep doing what I'm doing and wait until the virus is eradicated. Fun times.

Jolie - Yes, this issue with my shoulder is getting old. I'm afraid of doing the Max Trainer because the handles go back and forth which causes stress on my upper back. I'm sort of wondering if that is what is causing all this but I doubt it. I just started using my MT more and I've had this issue for over a year now. I wish I trusted doctors more. I know even if I go to a sport doctor all they will do is give me stretching exercises like they did Diane. So far that hasn't helped either one of us. I was actually looking into infrared treatments and I may try that. Great job on your workout yesterday!!

Hope you all have great workouts. I'm in a hurry so no more time to type.

I decided what I am going to do at least for the short term with my workouts. I started Body Beast and had a fantastic workout. First I did 45 minutes uphill on the TM, 6.5 to 8.0 incline, 3.1 to 3.3 speed, traveled 2.4 miles and burned 500 calories. Next I did Body Beast Build Shoulders, i was supposed to start with Chest and Tricps but I did those muscles on Sunday so I switched up the workout. Wow is all I can say!!! I havent done this workout in a long time and boy did I like it. Workout was just under 40 minutes with the warm up and I burned 277 calories. Total calories burned for the entire workout today was 777. I think I will go buy a lottery ticket with this number I got today :) LUCKY number 7!

Seated Shoulder Press-
12's x 15
15's x 12
20's x 8 Drop Set
15's x 8

Lateral Raise Super Set to Upright Rows
8's x 15
9's x 12
10's x 8 I thought I would die

Upright rows
12's x 15
14's x 12
15's x 8 Drop Set
12's x 8

Giant Set
Seated Underhand Press to 1,1,2 Front Raise to rear flies

Seated Underhand Press-
10's x 15
12's x 12
15's x 8

1,1,2 Front Raise
5's x 12
8's x 10
10's x8 I thought I would die here

Rear Flies-
8's x 15
9's x 12
10's x 8

I skipped the Shrugs and the Trap raises because I have no desire to build those muscles anymore than I have now.

Sagi Six Way Raises- 5's x 12, x 10,
Tuck in ABS x 15, x 15,

I am pretty pumped in the Shoulders right now :) I will post my weights going forward for these workouts.

Debbie, nice walk on the TM today. I am really excited to start Body Beast, It has been such a long time since I have done this workout that it seems brand new to me.

I will Check back in later to read your posts for the day. I hope you all have great workouts!

Make it a great day.

I did a YT Advanced Step by Giana Storey this morning. Advanced Express - it was only 30 minutes but they were stepping so fast! It was a fun combo too. I can't believe she just makes it up as she goes and remembers it all!

Hi everyone,

I did CL# 325 40/20 Low Impact HiiT = 43 min plus SBF Intention Over Perfection D2 Stopwatch Planks 3 = 16 min + Abs with Small Ball = 10 min.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.