Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2021

Good morning,

STS Meso 2 Week 2 Disc 16 Chest/Shoulder/Triceps plus Barlates Double Burn Flow is done.

Roxie - if I buy/sign up for BOD I will switch to you as my couch. Call Apple customer service they will help you figuring out your device.

I will be back later.

Well, back to work. I had a nice 2 weeks off, I will miss it. This morning I couldn't figure out which workouts to do, I should know better. I do so much better when I plan. I ended up doing Max Endurance 14 with Tom and had an ok workout. This one is just endurance, so you go fairly fast for 60 seconds and then up the resistance and do 6 minutes at a moderate pace. Repeat that one more time. It was perfect for today because I just didn't feel like going all out this morning.

Workout was 19 minutes, burned 81 calories (ridiculous, MT said 162), went .52 miles, did 1334 steps and HR was 91/113 - again ridiculous.

I also did Kelly's RAW Just Step 4 but had to skip the last step segment due to time. I really love this workout, I used my 1# sand weights and had a great workout. Only used 1 riser, though.

Workout was 25 minutes, burned 171 calories, did 2526 steps and HR was 124/159.

Diane - Great job with your workout yesterday, that one looks fun. I hope I can start lifting soon. I'm feeling much better but it seems as soon as I start lifting again, all that pain comes back. I'll give it another week or two and see.

Jolie - Wow, great workout yesterday! I'm actually jealous that you can do those workouts by Yvette. I doubt I could do them with all my aches and pains. They sound fun, though. I remember watching one and thinking "NO WAY!!!" LOL!! I prep food every Sunday, I have for years. It's the only way I can stay on my target weight and not overeat. It takes me a good portion of Sunday to do, but it's worth it. Have fun planning you meals!!

Belinda - I might have to try that Bootcamp #1 you did, sounds like fun. Does she use fairly light weights? Nice job and nice job with STS this morning as well!

Roxie - I'm sure you Apple watch will keep track of all your wellness things, isn't that what it's for? Maybe you need to add a widget to it or something to have it on there?

Roselyn - Great job with Yvette, did you get a subscription too?

Have a great workout today everyone!!!

No workout today and my granddaughter is late arriving as I had to wake them up for the dentist. I did not know they were at their Dads or I would have made sure they were on their way earlier. I have 23 minutes at the moment to get her there on time.

Belinda, nice work today with STS.

Debbie, I hate those undecided days when I lose time just thinking about what I am up to doing. You still got in a good workout. I hear you on the pain coming back. So far so good today though. I was worried that I was pushing my luck. Maybe one day a week upper with stretching throughout the week I can build some strength and mobility in the area without pain.

Debbie - I tried figuring out how to use CL yesterday. My son made the recommendation to start with #1. I had a lot of fun with CL #1. She does use fairly light weights, I think for 1 Arm rows she used 2 DB's. She did some jumping jacks, I modify those. It was a fun workout. I hear you on a making a plan. I have to figure out how I will use CL since I have a year to play with. Do I want to work from #1 and work my way up, except for the live workouts on Thursday? Great job this morning. My kids left yesterday and my DH is also back to work. The house is quit.

Reactions: WD
This morning I did GHUTV's Hiit it Hard - 30 mintues of tabata strength hiit. Then worked four about 20 minutes on Giana Storey's new double step workout on YT for some steps.

Belinda - I can try to send you my spreadsheet on Cathe Live - but starting at #1 makes sense too!!

Jolie- I will need to try that Yvette workout sometime then!!

Today I am a little stiff but not sore in the legs, I cant believe it!!! I am tired and I wasn't going to workout but my youngest son encouraged me and pumped me up so I actually ended up having a great workout. Sometimes all you need is a little encouragement to get going. Today's workout was 1 hour on the TM uphill, 6.0 to 7.5 incline, 3.1 - 3.2 speed for 50 minutes, then the last 10 minutes I was at 6.0 incline for the cooldown. I traveled 3.15 miles and burned 659 calories. My heart rate was 137/176. My eating was great yesterday since I meal prepped. Boy does that make a difference. I will be having the same thing today since i have it all ready to go. I still dont know what i want to do going forward for workouts. I know I am going to do my TM cardio along with some running on the elliptical, then I will do Yvette's workouts but maybe I should be putting in some Body Beast 2 times per week for upper body or something. I was thinking about Cathe's ICE workouts, I remember those being really good weight workouts. She has a premix at the end that works I body part per workout, in a circuit form. I might do those this week.

Debbie, i am glad that the schools are open and you could go back to work. What do you do for meal prep? I need to get a food scale so I dont over eat. Nice workout today.

Belinda, way to go with STS today! The Chest, Shoulders and Triceps workouts are long, aren't they! I always would put shoulders by itself on one day so the workout wouldn't be that long.

Diane Sue, have a nice rest day today.

Doreen, you have to try that workout that i did yesterday, it was a killer!!! She was coming off a 1 week rest so she had energy like NO Other!!! Nice workout today.

Roxie, your Apple watch should give you calories burned, duration of the workout, heart rate and so much more. Go to the Apple store and have them help you or call customer service like Belinda mentioned.

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice workout today.

Have a wonderful day

Good Evening,

I did KCM Raw Kettlebel-Dumbbell Fusion and had a good workout. I can’t get in to the dentist for the root canal until Jan 26th so it’s going to be a long month. my DD explained how to use my watch for workouts so I am a little happier with it.

Belinda-that would be great.

My grandson and I had to sit in the car for two hours when I took my granddaughter to the dentist. She had to come get me to sign some authorization papers for cleaning. Then they bought papers out to the car later for sealants. Hoping for a workout tomorrow. Going to bed early today. I pushed to get more tasks done before my husband left for work and the grandchildren left. They did not have as much school work today though. Only one zoom. Tomorrow it will be busier and they are having problems getting the reading app portion back up and running which is generally our morning zoom. What I hate is we get the work all done around 2 and that is starting right away in the morning. Then they schedule music and PE at 3:15 till 4:00. I didn't even thing school was in session normally that late. It takes up the most of the day the way it is set up and trying to do a few other things in between.

Belinda, I go to where Cathe sells the downloads and check out the video clips and description, length etc. That helps me chose workouts. I would do more of the Fit Tower workouts, but they are all around an hour and I am never sure if I can put in that much time. Plus I took my Fit Tower down and it is leaning against the wall to keep my grandson from sitting on top of it. So, assembling to use it is often discouraging. Other times I want to do a just step and on fire tv I just scroll to step workouts and that is how I pick which one.

Doreen, nice workout choices today. Do you more steps in moving from one step to the other? I really am going to try it one day. I saved a couple to watch later. I just find I am choosing workouts I am usually familiar with, when my days and time gets limited.

Jolie, does Yvette not work upper body?? The Muscle Meltdowns that are 1 body part are nice to use from Cathe. I think that is on the Ice workouts. It seems with Yvette and your running program that Body Beast might be putting your body through an awful lot. It really does help having food precooked. For me I end up eating protein powder in sum concoction with yogurt, berries, and nut butter and maybe a salad if most of it is cut up. If I prep, I will eat something better though. I ordered from Whole Foods today and saw that Primal Kitchen now has some meals. I got the frozen 2 serving bag of beef fajita stir fry and cooked half of it and put it on some cauliflower rice that I had made and froze in quart size bags. That was pretty simple. I will have to try some of the other things. There was a chicken dish and I saw a burrito bowl (no burrito). I still prefer fresh stuff. After freezing the veggies are not as nice IMO.

Roselyn, nice work with STS.

Roxie, that is a long time to have to wait to get into the dentist. Good job on Kettlebell dumbbell fusion Kelly.

This morning I did Kelly's RAW Intervals #3 and had a great workout. A bit fast paced, more than what I'm used to with her, but it was a good workout. Several intervals of step cardio (not high impact, just mostly working the legs with side leg raises, ski runs, jacks, etc.) and then 50 seconds using 3# dumbbells for upper body exercises and then going to 10# dumbbells. Fun stuff. No warmup in this one so I did the warmup from Heavy Bag & Cardio. Love that warmup. Diane, thanks for sending me the breakdown of these workouts!

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 198 calories, did 2110 steps and HR was 121/160.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 21 minutes, burned 121 calories, went 1 mile and did 2478 steps. HR was107/124.

Seems my FB is adjusting to my HR and it looks a bit more accurate now. Still low when I walk on my treadmill but my HR doesn't usually get all that high when I'm doing that.

Diane - Sorry you couldn't workout yesterday. Yes, I'm taking it really easy with the lifting. My arms still have some good muscle and definition but I see it dwindling in my chest and leg area. :( Oh well, hopefully this will go away soon. I'm feeling pretty good today but when I woke up I felt like I slept wrong. The right side of my neck was really tight. It's good now. It's always something. Our schools are mostly back in session but they still give parents the option to do virtual. All our guidelines have changed and it is now encouraged that kids get back in school which is good to hear. I just hope the teachers can stay healthy. Wow on the dentist appointment, what a pain to sit in a car for that long.

Belinda - There are a lot of workouts on CL, you'll be doing them for years! LOL!! Sorry your house is all quiet again but I'm glad you were able to spend time with your kids for the holidays!

Doreen - Nice workout yesterday. If it's not too much to ask, can you share with me the CL live workouts as well? I can PM you my email address if that is ok.

Jolie - My meal prep is for all the foods I take to work for the week. I usually make a few things and eat all of them during the week. So for instance this week I made Savory Tomato Soup (so good), I made a vegan cheese sauce and dip cauliflower in it, again so good. I make a protein banana cup for my mid morning snack and I made a green shake for my mid afternoon snack. I eat all day long so I have to have healthy food with me or I will get a candy bar. So I make all of this on Sunday, put them in glass bowls or tupperware and just grab them out of the fridge each morning. So easy and no fuss during the week. Dinners are also planned but not made ahead of time. I make dinner every evening. Great job on your workout.

Roselyn - Jolie got a subscription to Yvette's workouts. I thought you did too. Great job on your workout yesterday!

Roxie - My dentist told me to take a concoction of ibuprofan and aleve to help with the pain. I can't remember exactly how to take them though. You might want to check with your dentist and see if they can suggest something like that. Worked like a charm.

Have a great workout everyone!!!!

Hi everyone,

Today I did CL# 327 Christmas Wonderland 2020. The workout was Metabolic.Cathe's uses very light weights like 5's and 3's. Fun workout. I wanted to do this one before it's too late to do a Christmas workout. Then I Barlates Double Burn Mat. I need to start reading descriptions. I thought it was a lower body instead it was a TB workout. Great workout, she did 2 rounds upper/2 rounds lower/ 2 rounds abs. My abs burned in a good way.

Diane - that's what I do with CL workouts. I look it up in her sale downloads. It gives me an idea what to expect.

Debbie - your meal prep sounds yummy. Could you please share the recipes you mentions :) My mouth is watering, lol. Great job this morning.

Jolie - yes, M2 workouts are long. My husband is doing STS with me, he keeps telling me the breaks are too long, lol. It's all good. I usually walk for the breaks. I am getting lots of steps in with STS. Great job yesterday.

BBL!

Today is my rest day. I did not sleep well last night, I had to get up and use the bathroom 4 times! Since New Years, I have been drinking over a gallon of water per day and it is really flushing out my system, but boy oh boy do I have to pee :) I did this over the summer and my skin never looked so good. Back at it with eating clean and I am hoping to get back on track with my weight in a couple of months. Slow and steady wins the race.

Debbie, nice workout today. I feel like I lost a bunch of muscle myself, the only way I have a lot is when I do a weight lifting program for a long period of time. I might do Body Beast again soon, at least 1 round of it. I will not lift heavy but I will lift more than I have been. I was at my gym yesterday and they are putting in all new weight equipment so I cant wait to try it. If I use machines, it is less likely that I will injure myself vs. using free weights. I am doing really well with my eating because of the food prep. I know exactly what I will be eating and not winging it or snacking. That soup sounds amazing! I am going to be making some Tuscan soup today or tomorrow.

Diane Sue, I hope you get a nice workout in today. Yes, Yvette has a lot of upper body combined with her cardio workouts. She does not have any stand alone weight workouts which I wish she would do. I am probably only going to do these for a month or so just to jump start my weight loss. They are tuff stuff. If I do 1 per week that really covers legs since they work legs so good.

Roselyn, I signed up for Yvette Fit because she took a lot of her workouts off Youtube since launching her website, obviously to push people to pay. I cant find two of my favorite workouts either on youtube or her website. I am bummed about that for sure.

Doreen, Do share the CL workouts with us! I hope you have a great workout today.

Belinda, I hope you have a great cardio workout today.

Roxie, Do you only do Beach Body workouts?

Make it a wonderful day. I is sunny but cool her again today, I am looking forward to some warmer weather, I tend to be more motivated when it is warmer out.

Belinda, we must have been posting at the same time. In terms of the breaks with Meso 2, I always jump on my rowing machine and row for the minute to get a bigger calorie burn in :) Tell you DH to do jumping jacks or squats or something like that during the rest period, it makes for a fantastic workout.

Belinda, we must have been posting at the same time. In terms of the breaks with Meso 2, I always jump on my rowing machine and row for the minute to get a bigger calorie burn in :) Tell you DH to do jumping jacks or squats or something like that during the rest period, it makes for a fantastic workout.
Jolie - DH and I walk around our gym. He needs both his knees replaced, no jumping jacks or squats. With walking we get lots of steps in between breaks.

Today I did Cathe Live Time to Hiit it Low Impact, 40 minutes, 194 calories, heart rate 121/169, 3,139 steps. This was a good low impact workout with familiar moves from Cathe's other low impact workouts. She uses an 8# dumbbell. I modified any overhead moves with the 8#. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Burn Out Lower Body, 47 minutes(42 actual) 109 calories, heart rate 92/129, 1,145 steps. Total time was 87 minutes, 306 calories, 4,284 steps.

Coffey Fit Raw Burn Out Lower Body 42 minutes
Kelly uses 20# dumbbells for most and some 15’s suggested as well. Done in supersets of 25 seconds work and 15 seconds recover done in 3 sets for each superset

Squat 17.5# Dumbbells (Kelly 20)10 rep; 11 reps; 13 reps

Superset with air squat up onto toes 52; 27; 31 reps (may have been going fast on first set

Reverse lunge 15# dbs (Kelly 20 I think) 12 reps; 12 reps 17.5 # dbs 10 reps
superset with reverse lunges arms overhead 28 reps; with pulses 12 reps; 12 reps

Plie squats 1 db(Kelly 20#) 25# 22 reps; 18 reps; 14 reps

Superset with 4 plie 1 pop squat 11;12;12 reps

Front Lunge /side lunge 15# dbs 7; 6; 8 reps

Superset with body weight side lunge 26; 27; 24 reps

Bridges no weight uses a mat Figure 4 25 reps right 25 reps left; leg up 25 right 25 left; leg up 25 right 30 left??

Stretch

Last edited:
Good Evening,

No workout for me today my foot is really hurting. We are going house looking Sunday really excited about that it will be nice to have our own house and no more moving.

Jolie-I was doing strictly BeachBody since I couldn’t stream KCM but we bought a cable to hook to my IPad plus I use StudioSweat for spinning . I have a Cathe subscription but haven’t used it yet.

Debbie- they told me to take 800mg of ibuprofen for the pain.

I am late getting here today. It has been a very busy day today and now we are doing some extra school work to make up for things not working Monday on the schools set up. Also new teacher for reading so some changes in methods there. Today's Kelly workout had fun music and I really did like the lower body workout. My legs were tired on the plies when I got to the squat pops section I was glad I did not go any heavier. I really have a lot of things to finish up this evening and I intend to get to bed by 10 even if it has to sit undone. I have not had much time to get on the computer.

Debbie, nice work and it sounds like a really good plan for your meal prep work. Those interval workouts are good ones. I get that thing with my neck sometimes when I sleep. After I am up and do some movement it subsides most of the time. I am glad that your Fitbit is doing better at accuracy. Mine did pretty good today too. I wish it would stay that way. I think Doreen is where I got my original list of the Cathe Live workouts. I have lots of penned in notes and stopping points all over the pages. I ran across them last night when I was packing a box. I decided to leave that folder out. It is not up to date though. I got it quite some time ago. I am hoping the next dentist appointment is shorter this month. The time before it was just a short visit for her Invisiligns. This time it ended up being cleaning and sealants. My dentist never has so many people in at one time. I am usually in for a cleaning and x rays and out in 45 minutes to an hour. Wait time is always brief and I get to visit with the receptionist whose children I watched till they went to school and was my next door neighbor for a long time. So we catch up. I think many of our schools are open all of the time. My granddaughter had option to go to class this year. Although I read on the city site that they were doing a test of having a quarantine area for students exposed or having just had covid area so they could still go to classes. They had guidelines for it and were supposed to report for the study. I think my granddaughter likes coming here to do her school work. My grandson's school district is an independent one from what I read so a bit different from most of the city schools. I would like to see them open so all the children can have some normalcy and I am sure that learning would be better. No distractions.

Belinda, I thought the Cathe Live Christmas Wonderland was a fun workout too. I enjoyed it more than the Halloween one. I really hate it when workouts are not what I expect. The descriptions are usually helpful though. When I check the download preview vids and see lots of overhead presses or plyo stuff I usually figure if I am hurting I am probably not going to want to try it.

Jolie, getting up during the night for bathroom breaks really does mess with the sleep. With me I wake up with the dry mouth every 2 or 3 hours and take a couple of swigs of water and a dry mouth lozenge then there has to be at least one bathroom break. This is why I do not get excellent on my Fitbit sleep. It will show a red spot where I woke and took awhile to fall back to sleep. I try not to drink much after dinner to keep from getting out of bed so much. I think that I did not drink enough today though. I was feeling really thirsty and realized other than my morning coffee and workout alkaline water I had hardly drank one bottle of water. Too busy to grab some. I usually drink lots throughout the day. I was reading something about Youtube limiting video lengths, I think it is on the free stuff? I just noticed the Christmas one stopped 4 times for an add and then you skip ad and the workout kept going. At first I thought I lost the workout. Does Yvette mainly use light weights? I just did not notice a lot of muscle on most of the ladies there and she does not look like she lifts heavy. But then she does such intense long cardio workouts that she may just be burning off some of the muscle. Just my thoughts. She looks good though. Just curious. Her workouts are so intense, I am sure you get a lot of fat loss with them. I did like my step count on the Christmas one. I wish I had more time for cooking. Last week I cooked up a pot of chicken curry soup that is paleo. I ate one bowl and saved enough for my granddaughter this week. It is her favorite soup. I ate the last of the homemade chicken noodle my daughter made me when I was sick. I had put a lot of it in the freezer as my appetite was not the same and it was a lot of soup. I also made Kelly's protein balls so my granddaughter has snacks. I eat one here and there, but I use peanut butter like Kelly and it can be inflammatory. I have made it with Super Butter with seeds in it and they are good that way, but a tempting way to eat a lot of fat if one is not careful. I like them with steel cut oats in them like Kelly does.

Roxie, we did house looking on this last Sunday. Filled out papers for buying with contingency on selling ours on one. I like that it has nice high ceilings for when I work out. We will see how that goes. I hope that you find a house that you love. So are you able to hook your ipad to your tv? I have the Kelly app on my tablet, but would not want to do it that way. Fire TV works well for both Cathe Live and Coffey Fit Raw.

Good morning,

STS M2 W2 D17 Legs is done. That's it for me today. I probably will do a stretch or walk later. BBL!

This morning was cardio day so I did a Max Trainer workout - Max 10 Minute Peak Burn and had a great workout other than my FB not even seeing my HR. The whole workout my HR was at 89 or BELOW! Even though I was breathless through most of this workout. Unreal. Anyways, I know I had an excellent workout so I'm not going to give it a second thought.

Workout was 14 minutes, burned 56 calories (MT said 120), went .33 miles, did 893 steps and HR was 90/108 (yea right).

Then I did RAW Shadow Boxing and had an ok workout. I forgot this one was pretty slow moving and honestly, I hate the music in it, I doubt I'll be doing it again any time soon. If it wasn't for the horrible music, I'd really like this workout.

Workout was 34 minutes (really it's 40 but Iran out of time), burned 196 calories, did 3186 steps and HR was 111/151.

Belinda- Sure, I will share them with you all. I'll try and get them posted this evening. Nice job on your workouts yesterday. LOL on not reading descriptions! Been there, done that!!

Jolie - I must be used to drinking a gallon day, I usually drink that much and more during the week, weekends not so much. I only get up once to go to the bathroom and I'm usually drinking water up until the time I go to bed. However, by morning I really have to go! LOL! The things we all talk about!! Meal prep is the key to losing weight, it definitely stops you from eating junk because you don't know what else to make.

Diane - Burn Out Lower Body looks good, I might try it tomorrow, I need to work my legs more. They are doing the same thing here with school now. If there is a covid positive student, that student stays home until they no longer have it, but the rest of the class stays in school and does not have to quarentine for 10 days. I worry more for our teachers than the students, we have had many teachers out all throughout our county. I do agree, though, our kids need to get back to school. The online thing is not working.

Roxie - I hope the Ibuprofin helps a bit. Tooth pain is awful.

Doreen and Roselyn - Hope you have a great workouts today!

Take care everyone! I hope something positive happens today with Trump but I am losing faith. GA runoff is so disheartening. I just don't understand this trend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.