Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2021

Hello! We went skiing yesterday so I didn't post Monday or yesterday. I am not too sore- my right knee did swell (like always) but I took some ibuprophen and it seems better now.

This morning I did a Mobility workout with CDoerner which was nice to move everything after skiing and a long drive home

Link to my Cathe Live airtable.

Let me know if you cannot see this and I can print a pdf.

Reactions: WD
I would like to start off by saying that your country is going to SHIT!!! What the hell do people want, free stuff, not to work or to work hard, people to make the decisions for them and really BAD healthcare!!! I would like to say that if you are a free thinker and a hard working American who believes in the US Constitution you are an elite individual. I proudly fly my American Flag out in front of my house, I dont expect anyone to pay for me or my family and we all obey the laws and believe in justice. The country will go to the shit can so fast that in the next election it will be a RED WAVE!!! I support Wounded Warriors and I pray to my God Lord Jesus Christ. The people that who were just voted in are Black Supremacists and do not believe in religious freedom. I feel sorry for all of those who voted Blue because you life just got about 100 times harder. The average American living in Georgia will now pay approximately $4000 more in taxes! Suckers....

Anyway, I had an incredible workout today. I started with the TM, 50 minutes at a 6.5 incline, 3.1 to 3.2 speed and burned 529 calories. Next I did Cathe's ICE Muscle Meltdown Shoulders and loved it!!! I had forgotten how good these workouts are to add to the end of whatever you are doing. Cathe does 3 rounds but I did 4.

Seated Overhead Press- 15's x 12 ( 4 rounds of the circuit ) I should have gone heavier.
Upright Rows- 12's x 12 these were tuff stuff
Lateral Raises- 8's x 12 and then dropped to 5# DB's for the last 3 rounds
Seated Front Raise- 8's x 12
Rear Delt Flies- 8's x 12 Cathe did 1 arm at a time, I did both.

Total workout time was 70 minutes and I burned 585 calories. My heart rate was 119\149

Debbie, I agree, this country is throwing all of our values away for what!!! Idiots ... Nice workout today. I wonder why your heart rate is so low and min seems high? My apple watch reads a little lower than my Fitbit. I want to start boxing again, it is a great way to lean out the upper body.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today. I slept better last night because I drank my water earlier in the day :) Good luck with getting the new house. My lower back is so sore, I hurt it the other day putting in two 36 bottle water packs into the cart then into the car then into the house. I really did a number on myself. My husband refuses to help me, I just dont get it. He really does treat me like one of the boys, which I hate. This way he doesnt have to do it and I have to go 2 times per week.

Belinda, way to go on STS legs, those are tuff workouts!!!

Roxie, Have fun house hunting! We just closed on our new house in Oct. I hated leasing for the year and a half that we did, it is hard to settle into some else's house.

Doreen, I hope you have a nice workout today.

BBL to read your posts for the day.

YUMMY on the recipes!!

Today was sts bis tris and shoulders

We are leaving tomorrow to get my mom-in-law she will be with us for about 2 weeks until her senior living apartment is ready. She can be a handful LOL

Today's workout Coffey Fit Raw Step 4, 30 minutes, 153 calories, heart rate 123/148, 3,086 steps. I then did Cathe Live 101 Step and Pump (only w/u and step skipping blast and weights) I have made note of this for this workout in the past for a shorter cardio. 27 minutes, 137 calories, heart rate 122/160, 2,621 steps. I then did Lite Extended stretch #1, 12 minutes, 11 calories, 5,7018 steps.

Belinda, nice work getting STS legs done this morning.

Debbie, I did better than I thought I would with that boxing workout, but it is not real intense. I have only done it once. Yes, I remember being disappointed in the music. I agree, it makes me sad how people have no idea what they just did to our country and our freedoms. Ignorant! Those people that they voted in do not care about the people one bit. They care about themselves. They will take and take till we have nothing left.

Doreen, nice work with the skiing. I am sure that is quite the workout by itself. Hopefully your knees will be fine.

Jolie, I know how you feel. I am disgusted. Funny how even the Fox news was labeling the people with signs as a mob and storming protests, but those before elections were peaceful and they were looting, injuring and killing people and burning. I feel hopeful that we still have those that love our country and freedom. I can't help that but believe more things are going on behind the scene to discredit and stop anyone from going against what has happened to our election system. I am angry.
Nice workout today. I have used those Ice muscle meltdowns a lot. I remember you adding an extra set before. My sleep is gradually going downhill since school started. Less each day.
I have had setbacks with my neck and shoulders throwing the great big packs of water from Walmart in the car, out of the cart, out of the car into the house. My husband does if he is up dressed and sees me come in with groceries. He carts it into the house and I put away, otherwise I generally do it all myself. I have made it a little easier on myself by having Whole Foods deliver to my door step and I get a couple of 24 packs of water that they deliver. I have to carry them inside though and they aren't as big. I have been getting most items lately that I order, but I missed broccoli and my cashew yogurt. I also needed sugar for the pumpkin pie for Sunday so made a trip to Sprouts for a few things. Anyway, it cuts down volume dragging in and gives me a little more time not having to go out. I think the family just has us doing things all of the time and takes it for granted. I suppose we all kind of do that.
It is always hard to settle into a rental home. It is not yours to do what you want to with it. We rented for quite a few years before we purchased our first home.

Roselyn, nice work with STS bis and tris. Do you have to go far to pick up you mil? Hope things go well and is not rough getting her settled.

Ok, here are the recipes:

Savory Tomato Soup

1 tbsp olive oil
1 large carrot, chopped (I like bigger pieces)
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried basil (or chopped fresh which is even better)
1 - 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes w/basil
2 cups veggie broth
1 can Fire Roasted tomatoes (I put it in my food processor and whip it up, I hate tomato chunks)

Cook onions and carrots in oil for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, mix well and cook 1 minute.

Add all other ingredients and simmer for about 25 minutes. Pour soup in a blender and blend until smooth. If you like chunky tomato soup, only blend half the pot (this is how I like it).

Makes 5+ 1 cup servings. 97 calories, 4 g protein, 13 g carbs, 3 g fat, 8g sugar, 470 mg sodium.

Yummiest Vegan Cheese Sauce

3 cups peeled diced potatoes
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup raw cashews (no need to soak)
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp lemon juice
2 cups water (saved water from boiling potatoes and carrots)

Boil potatoes and carrots together in a pot until soft, about 10-15 minutes. Save water to add back into cheese sauce.

Add all ingredients in a blender, add 2 cups of the reserved water and blend until smooth. If consistency is too thick, add more water.

Makes about 4 1/2 cups
9 - 1/2 cup servings

79 calories, 10 g carbs, 2.7 g fat, 3.8 g protein

This cheese is awesome in chili, on sloppy joes, used as dip for veggies. I absolutely love it.

Enjoy!!!

Today I did RAW Intervals #2 and had a good workout. This one wasn't as fun as the others, I wasn't happy with the floor cardio. I guess I could have gotten on my MT or TM to do cardio, but I just followed Kelly. This one had 30 second intervals (which I liked) and 2 minute cardio intervals. I used mostly 8 and 10# dumbbells but when she did the lateral raise/front raise I used 5's.

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 178 calories, did 2073 steps and HR was 105/156.

Then I got on my treadmill for the remainder of the time I had, walked for 16 minutes, burned 92 calories, went .76 miles, did 1898 steps and HR was 108/122.

Wow, I am speechless about yesterday. Not a very great day for our country. I guess now we just ride it out like good little sheep.

Doreen - I've never skiied before, I'd probably kill myself or pull every muscle in my body which would then take YEARS to heal. Sounds like you had a great time but sorry about the knee, hope it feels better.

Jolie - I am with you girl, on everything you said. Our country is in big trouble and I am so sad about it. Great job on your workouts yesterday, those ICE workouts sound fun.

Roselyn - Great job with your workout. I posted the recipes last night. Hope all goes well with your MIL living with you. Just grin and bear it, it's not forever. LOL!!!

Diane - Great workouts yesterday!! I want to do some of the CL workouts you've been doing. Short step workouts are just what I'm looking for so I'll have to try that one. Maybe tomorrow. Yes, I am just in shock on how things went and are going. Not sure what to think about Mike Pence. Was he telling the truth that he doesn't have the power to contest the election results? Maybe but how are we to know? His name will be mud from now on, which is ashame, I really liked him. I feel like he sold us out, but maybe he had no other choice. I don't know...

Roxie - I will check out your website, hopefully I can find something I want.

Belinda - Hope you have a great workout today!!

Let's pray for better days.

Good morning,

I also walked outside yesterday. Plan on going for a walk once the sun comes out today. Waiting for CL today.

So sad & crazy what happened in DC yesterday:(

Today was Barlates Mix & Match Upper 80 - 10. She did 15 rounds, 80 sec on/10 sec rest. She only used 2's and 3's. This one burned big times. Sweaty workout. Linda comes up with some very unique moves. Loved it. This one is a non YouTube workout. I also have her Mix & Match lower. I probably will pull one out this week. I am trying trough run through her downloads.

Debbie - thank you so much for sharing your recipes. They look amazing :) I will make them this weekend.

Jolie - great job yesterday.

Diane - amazing job as well.

Doreen, Roselyn and Roxie - well done.

Have a great day and workout everyone.

I just did CL # Boxing Hiit Express”.Very fun and short workout, I think the workout clocked in under 30 min or maybe right at 30 min.I started my Apple Watch 3 min before the CL aired. There was a little impact like jumping jacks/burpees/ scissors) I modified them all. The scissors I did on my rebounder.

That was my first Thursday Cathe Live workout. So fun!

That's it for me today.

Today I started off with my usual uphill walk on the TM, 1 hour, traveled 3.2 miles, 3.1 to 3.2 speed and the incline ranged between 5.0 to 6.5. Heart rate was 118/147 and I burned 525 calories. Next I did Cathe's ICE Muscle Meltdown, Biceps and boy is that a short but killer bicep workout. I only did the 3 rounds like Cathe because my biceps were pumped and that was enough.

3 rounds of the Giant Set
Traditional Curls- 15's x 12, 15's x 12, 12's x 12
Hammer Curls- 15's x 12, x 15's x 12, 12's x 12
Preacher Curls- 12's x 12, 12's x 12, 10's x 12
Incline Hammer Curls- 12's x 12, 12's x 12, 10's x 12
Conc. Curls- 15# x 12, 15# x 12, 12# x 12

Total calories burned for both workouts was 683. If you are looking for a slower paced workout where you can focus on form and get a great burn, these workouts are for you! BTW, Cathe looks amazing in these workouts.

I think we should all join Beach Body in the Spring because they are launching a new workout program called 10 Rounds, a boxing and weight training workout and it looks amazing. It is taught by the guy that did Lift4. I hope Roxie can tell us a little bit about this workout, I previewed it and cant wait to do it. I looked on Youtube and saw the reviews and everyone who has done it loved it.

Debbie, nice workout today. Thanks for posting the recipes, they look amaze balls! I am not watching the news anymore. I have heard that FACEBOOK blocked President Trump for a life time so I am getting off that as well. I will get my news from my News Max app and that is it. I am furious to be lumped into the word MOB since I am a Trump supporter. I lost about 3 friends last night saying if I support Trump I support the violence. I denounced the violence and told them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine!!! I will not put up with this mess and I will focus on only positive things. I am just scared what our country will be like in 10 years. :( I think I have lost a couple of pounds because of my food prep and increasing my protein. I added a lot of eggs, chicken and I am supplementing protein shakes again after my workouts. I am feeling good, now I just have to keep it up.

Doreen, I am a big skier, I have been skiing since I was four years old. There isnt much snow here on the west coast this year :( I am glad that you enjoyed yourself.

Roxie, when with 10 Rounds workout on BB be ready?

Belinda, Nice cardio workout today. Check out 10 Rounds. I dont think it will hurt our knees.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today.

Make it a fabulous day! Warmer here today, I am looking forward to this cold weather to pass.

Jolie - Isn't there already a BBOD series 10 Rounds with Joel Freedman? Am I thinking of the same program?

Diane - Have you ever looked into a water filtration system so you don't have to buy bottled water? Our office has one its a small unit that is on the countertop and does filtration and UV clarification or something. Anyway it tastes great and seems so convenient. I can get the name off it if anyone wants to look it up.

This morning I did EPIC II- Day 4. Which was Full Body combo moves. I really enjoyed it. The graphics are better now but the music is still just meh...

Comments on 10 Rounds it starts out fun but then the combos get complicated and it’s hard to figure out which direction to go even though he gives you a mirror version. I made it to week 5 and then quit.

Debbie-I highly recommend the unwind joggers they are so comfortable

Today I did Cathe Live #329 Boxing Hiit Express, 42 minutes( I had started with cardio boxing bootcamp and had to go downstairs and came back and started todays live a bit into it) 219 calories, heart rate 129/166, 3,238 steps. I finished with just the standing portion of Raw Ab Finisher as I was too short on time to finish all of it. 8 minutes, 19 calories with 8# dumbbell. Total time was 50 minutes, 238 calories, 3,545 steps. Boxing Hiit Express was actually 32 minutes. I probably only missed a tiny bit of the new live workout as I had done the warm up first boxing and tubing up to finishing it with biceps 5# and tubing and weight work from the boot camp one.

Debbie, I printed up the soup recipe. It looks good, but I like chunks in my soup so won't blend it all. Good workout today. I kind of remember that one of the interval workouts I did not like as much. I am not sure which one. I remember whatever it was I mostly used 10#. I don't know about good little sheep. It depends on what rights they want to take away. Some how I think that Mike Pence was probably telling the truth. So many things are done so lousy and I feel bad that some that were supportive dropped out. We need to be able to trust our election system and they sure have got away with tearing it down.

Belinda, I have enjoyed the live workout today. Generally the time is not good for me when the live workouts start. It is 8:30 here. I had started the other workout about 12 minutes before and could feel my neck and shoulders with the band pulls for delts. Wasn't sure that I wanted to do it anyway, so after setting up my grandson with some work I went back and saw the live workout had started.

Jolie, good job on the Treadmill and Ice Biceps work today. I don't think I have any friends that would suggest I denounce Trump. That is ridiculous. Media lie and manipulates. 99 % of those people were just there to stand for what is right. New media is a bunch of hippocrites and liars that manipulate with words. I am hoping for a chance to vote this bunch out! I signed up for Parlor recently, but have not went there much. Figures with facebook. I loathe them and am about to quit going to Kelly's group. I like Kelly and a lot of the women there, but they asked them to not talk politics or religion. My avatar is political there though as my husband set it that way. I am sick of people trying to suppress my beliefs. It is not a mob! Great job with the workouts and eating results. Awesome :)

Doreen, I have looked at some water filter systems. Which one do you have? The thing is, if I use the water from the refrigerator dispenser, my husband can tell the difference from the bottled water and complains. At one of our homes we had a whole house filter for indoors. Not the softener though.

Roxie, thanks for the heads up on the BB workout. I hope that your feet are better today.

Last edited:
Good morning,

STS M2 Week 2 Back/Bic is done.

I will catch up on personals later. Gotta run some donations off to the homeless shelter in DC. BBL!

This morning I did CL #389, Boxing HiiT Express and had a pretty good workout. I enjoyed it as it wasn't to high in intensity but why these instructors have to do those god awful burpees, I don't know. I hate them although I did them in this workout. That exercise always puts so much strain on my neck and shoulders that I usually don't do them. Anyways, I used my 1# sand bags for the workout and had fun with it.

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 212 calories, did 3375 steps and HR was122/161 although I never even seen my HR go above 122 with this workout. Weird.

Then I walked on my treadmill again but only for about 17 minutes, just to use up the rest of my workout time that was left. Burned another 94 calories.

Belinda - Where do you get the Barlates workouts from? Do you have them on DVD? Nice job yesterday and you are welcome for the recipes.

Jolie - You are so lucky to be able to burn such high calories. I never even got 500 calories when I ran on my treadmill for an hour, I was lucky if I hit 400 calories. I can't complain, though, as I must be doing something right. I never gain weight and even though I ate like a pig during the holidays, I only gained 2# and I lost those already. So my metabolism must be sky high. I still don't get why I don't burn more calories, though. Great job on your workouts! You killed it. If Beach Body offered a monthly subscription I'd join tomorrow, but since they don't allow that, I won't join again. However, those workouts you are talking about sound awesome. I seen that about FB and Instagram, which is ridiculous. I'm on Twitter and they let him back on there last night and he posted a video. He hasn't tweeted since, though. :( I hope they form a third party so this half and half crap in the Senate and House can be stopped. I think it's a great idea to have another party besides the Dems and Rinos. I guess time will tell. I'm sorry you lost friends over this, that is ridiculous. My brother and I have had some heated conversations over all this but I just decided to not talk about politics to him anymore. He was a Trump supporter and then went to an "I'm not sure" stance and then in the ultimate end he never even voted. So in my book, he has no room to complain. But he's my only brother and we are very close, so I just don't want to argue with him about this crap. I never talk politics with people at work or my friends but I'm not sure that is right? It's ridiculous that we should be afraid to voice our opinions on who we support.

Doreen - Nice job with your workout. Music makes the workout for me, if I don't like the music, I find it hard to do the workout again. If it was up to me, every workout would have 80's music in it. LOL!!

Roxie - I will check out the joggers. I need a sports bra but the price range on the website is a bit steep for me. I'll keep looking. Bummer about that BB series, I like Joel and those seemed like they'd be good workouts. I hate workouts that are confusing to do. Great job with your workout yesterday!

Diane - My comment about good little sheep was just retorical. I just feel like we have to do what they say or else, we hardly have minds of our own anymore. Our governor stated yesterrday that he was going to start rolling out the vaccine for schools and he worded it that sounded like a threat - like if everyone doesn't get vaccinated, then the schools can't open fully. I may have misunderstood, but if I did, so did a lot of others. They can't tell us what to do, and I'm so sick of it already. Anyways, sorry, I'm just a bit touchy right now. Great job on your workout yesterday, I did that boxing one today. It was ok, and I liked that it wasn't very high in impact. I hate the burpees though.

Roselyn - How are things going with the MIL?

Take care everyone, have great workouts!!!

Good morning. I really couldn't decide what to do today... maybe I need to pick a rotation!! Ha!

I ended up doing a Step and Sculpt and then ended with a quick circut by Lindsey Bomgren... all YT stuff.

This was a good- no choreography - cardio step mixed with upper body weights.

Roxie - I checked out the page. Nice looking items but I'll have to pass for now. I do want to find a nice pair of joggers though- just something different than leggings all the time.

Debbie- I've done some research on the two vaccines and read some stuff by some doctor friends of mine and feel pretty comfortable with the vaccines if I was ever offered. And would recommend my parents get it. I just hate the thought of intentionally feeling lousy for a couple days afterward!! Once recommendation I saw was to plan on taking off work because the second booster dose would probably make you not feel like working!! My husband's parents are hoping they can get it so they can travel to my son's graduation this spring.

Jolie- great workouts - as always!

Debbie - I buy her downloads. They are cheaper than her dvd's. I buy her downloads for $0.99 AUS (Linda has a weekly sale) which comes out too US$ 70 cents or lower a workout. She also runs mango sales buy one download/series get another free. She does have a lot o free workouts on Youtube. She is super nice and her workouts are unique, IMO. I like to support her.Tough too! The oncs I been doing lately are not on Youtube. She has YouTube workouts and non YouTube workouts.

Jolie - I am not going to sign up for BBO anytime soon. I have a year CL subscription and SBF.. SBF has a new challenge starting next were she is doing the challenge with her subscribers. I am already overwhelmed with those 2 and Barlates. Once I am done with STS I want to do CL and SBF/Barlates only. I also walk daily 2 miles or more. I clear my head. If you sign up let me know how you like it.

Diane - I really enjoyed the CL Kickboxing workout too. Lucky for me, I am on the same timeline as Cathe.

Gotta run. I need to drop off donations at the homeless shelter in DC. I cleaned out my bathroom. They in need of toiletries. I just bought soap/shampoo/deodorant and shocks I am donating them all to the shelter. I also have winter coats/sleeping bags for them.

Last edited:
Today I did Cathe Live #78 Power Step, 38 minutes, heart rate 123/161, 3,619 steps. This was a little tough on my right knee. I kept having to make sure my toe was pointed forward and I did not use full weight hopping or jumping on just that leg. Joints are not real happy today for some reason. I wanted to do weights, but will see tomorrow. I had to sit and encourage my grandson through zoom this morning, so once that was done I did Live Cardio Core Bootcamp # 306 which uses no weights. I had planned on doing just 3 of the 6 rounds, but ended up doing the whole workout. This is 45 minutes(me 47 as I wrote it down), heart rate 117/159, 197 calories, 2,768 steps. Total time 85 minutes, 385 calories, 6,387 steps.

Cathe Live # 306 Cardio Core Bootcamp
45 minutes 6 rounds of high impact-Step-low Impact-core
Cathe gives lots of modifier ideas in this so you can do a lower impact or easier move.

5 minute warm up
rnd 1 plyo jacks of modify doing alternating sumo
vertical step alternating knee lifts
football runs straddling the step or not straddling option
core walk out walk in

rnd 2 high reach pop squats
straddle jumps on step or modifier on the floor
hammer knee smash
plank jacks shoulder taps other variations offered

rnd 3 squats in a box low impact at first then jumps all right then all left
fast feet around step jacks then step feet the other direction and jacks option not using the step
side lunge knee up on toe16 right 16 left
reverse choke hold 24 reps

rnd 4 4 air jacks 4 right/back 4 gallop (not sure that is completely right as Cathe changes it a bit
plunge lunge on step
Fred Astair
V sits 10 reps
for some reason I ended up doing V sits twice so am not sure if I pushed something or Cathe did it twice

rnd 5 used modified ice breaker without the side jump
step knee off side/ off back/repeater adds in power 3's and across the step
squat side lunge punch alternating sides
knuckles back touch the floor elbow to the knee then arm reach

rnd 6 lateral skates moving forward and back
step up jump down quarter turn or half turn power 3 or follow instructions to modify(I did not jump down and did quarter turns)
Squat adductions tempo then sped up
side plank dips two modifications offered

Stretch

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.