Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2021

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Happy New Year everyone,

Wishing you all a happy and healthy new year.Let's make the new year a good one. I am so ready for a new year.

This morning I did STS M2 Week 1 Disc 15. I will do some BARLATES workouts later. I am up early, maybe my DD and DIL will join me, lol

I will be back later.

Today I did Cathe Lve #325 40/20 Low Impact Hiit, 41 minutes, heart rate 116/149 184 calories, 3,618 steps.
I followed with Perfect 30 Flow Strength and Flexibility, 32 minutes, 43 calories, heart rate 85/134, 104 steps. Total time 74 minutes, 227 calories, 3,722 steps. We got lots of freezing rain and then 5 inches of snow. My husband had a hard time driving home from work this morning and did not try backing into the garage like he usually does. Hopefully it melts off soon.
I hope that you all have a wonderful New Years day with hopes for a great 2021:)

Belinda, nice workout plan. I hope your daughter and dil joined you.

Debbie, enjoy your rest days and break. Maybe some good recovery time? Hopefully.;)

Happy New Year! I took the last 2 days off because I was starting to hit it hard starting today and I needed a rest before hand. This was supposed to be an active rest week anyway. Today I did Yvette's Moderate Impact Step/Multi Muscle Group Training and I used 3 risers. This workout is 40 seconds cardio on the step or floor and then 40 seconds of weights for the entire workout which was an hour. The workout focuses on Legs, Back , Shoulders and some Biceps and core. I loved it but it was tuff stuff! Then I walked on the TM for 15 minutes uphill to burn and extra 100 calories. Total workout time was 1 hour 15 minutes and I burned a total of 679 calories. I am soaking wet and it feels so good! Average heart rate was 129 max was 171.

Belinda, way to go on the Meso 2 workout today! I might do that meso next month but I may redo meso 1 this month, I still dont have a plan. I want to do Yvette's workouts along with Power Strike kickboxing and I may sign up for Cathe Live again because I notice my DVD player isnt working well anymore, it is so old. I will probably sign up next month.

Diane Sue, crazy weather! I am so glad that you are feeling better and you are able to workout again. What is your plan for workouts going forward?

Debbie, enjoy your rest days.

BBL to read your other posts for the day.

Reactions: WD
Happy New Year everyone!!

I did Kelly's Facebook workout from yesterday (upper body) and then did Lindsey Bomgren's New Year Hiit on Youtube. I liked this workout but she started using rags on the woodfloor and I didn't have my discs and had to do a little creative modifications.

I ordered 2 DVDs from KCM's new year's sale - I had missed the pre-sale on Strong & Lean and Cardio Overload when they first released so decided to pick those up.

Roselyn - I have it on my game plan to do BBOD starting in March when 30 Day Breakaway is released to general on demand (right now it is VIP access only). I did a 2 week trial this fall and tested out some workouts from 100 Morning Meltdown, 10 Rounds and 80 Day Obsession. I thought all would be really good to try or work into a rotation.

Good morning,

I did Barlates Hotel Room Cardio Core = 17 min + Fit Ball Inner and Outer Thighs = 38 min. Once it warms up outside I will go for a walk.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

I just finished doing Yvette Bachman Christmas workout. It was fun, but I am pooped. Getting ready to do Kelly's 5 day strength stretch. Yvette was 63 minutes (with 3 stops for ads!) 348 calories, heart rate 128/178, 5,612 steps. This really got my heart rate, but there were a few times I saw it drop to 100. I almost stopped at 38 minutes, but persevered. Last part used a loop band.
Day 5 Raw stretch, 35 minutes, 38 calories, 67 steps. Total time 98 minutes, 386 calories, 5,650 steps.

Last edited:
Jolie, nice workout today. It looks like my heart rate was up there like yours, but calories were not so much. I got 8 hr and 41 minutes sleep last night. School starts back Monday so that is going to probably not happen again for awhile. I really do not have a focused plan. More of trying to find out how much I can do without neck, shoulder, and upper back pain. I am thinking maybe on actual weight workout a week for upper. Our weather can be unpredictable. I remember a couple of Octobers where we had loads of snow when it is usually warm still. Hoping it lets up though as I take my granddaughter to the dentist Monday and I have several appointments coming up myself. I don't drive in this stuff.

Doreen, I contemplated that Raw Upper workout today, but it has taken 5 days since Monday's workout for my neck and upper back to loosen up and stop hurting. I can still feel slight twinges and know it would bring it right back. Maybe next week I can work those workouts in.

Belinda, nice work again today.

Roslyn-there are a lot of workouts on there and heard there is a lot in the works. If you do decide to join let me know and I will give you my information to be your coach

Debbie-I am going to try and post the link here. They have men, women & children workout clothes plus lingeri, coats and jackets

I did Jani Dittman's Lower Body workout this morning (just 2 of 3 rounds of the 2nd circuit with Bulgarian lunges because they bother my knees if I do too many) Then I hopped on the Chris Doerner Live step workout for about 20 minutes. She really has some fun combos and today was no different.

Since I have an appointment to take my granddaughter in the morning, I decided to workout today instead. I did Coffey Fit Raw Burn Out Upper Body, 46 minutes, 96 calories, heart rate 93/154, 735 steps.
Coffey Fit Raw Burn Out Upper
supersets all body parts except back, 45 seconds work, 3 sets each body part Kelly's weights 25#, 20,15,10# all dumbbells and only need 1 25#
warm up 6 minutes

Biceps superset(Kelly uses 20's)
supination curl 15# dbs 11 reps; 12# dbs 10 reps; 15# dbs 8 reps (raised back up because 12's felt to light)
superset with front curls 15# dbs 11 reps; 12# dbs 8 reps; changes to hammer curls 15# dbs 10 reps

Back (25# Kelly)
step and 25# db 11; 8;9 reps

Shoulders (Kelly uses 15's)
seated overhead press 10# dbs 13 reps; 10# dbs 12 reps alternating; 10# dbs 12 reps alternating
superset with bent arm lateral raise 8# dbs 12 reps; 8# dbs alternating 13 reps; 8# dbs 9 reps

Chest(Kelly uses 20's)
bench close grip press 15# dbs 9 reps; 15# dbs 8 reps; 15# dbs 8 reps
super set with pullovers (Kelly used two dumbbells I used 1) 15# db 9;9;11 reps

Triceps (Kelly uses 15's)
skull crusher 15's 10 reps; 10's 13 reps; 10 13 reps
superset with Dips (Kelly says can sub overhead press) 17; 14; 14 reps

Stretch

I just did the HARDEST workout ever, I doubt I will be able to walk well or even sit down tomorrow :) I started out with a 1 mile walk on my TM uphill, traveled 1.1 miles and burned 142 calories. Next, I did the new Yvette Bachman workout from New Years Day, note I did not preview the workout first and damn near died but I finished it. Workout # 85, 70 minutes, 4 RISERS, Step/Legs/Triceps/Chest and some core. This workout you use the bench for a hell of a lot of leg presses and leg exercises and for doing triceps and chest. I was dripping wet and it is cold out today. My heart rate was 84/170 and there were times where I had to pause to catch me breath. Any place that it was too high of impact which is not that much, i either did some sort of squat or leg exercise. WOW I burned 608 calories. The last 10 minutes is all out step with 2 risers to stretch out your legs!!! Roselyn and Doreen, I think you will love this workout! Total calories burned were 750.

I am food prepping today, i am dying to loose 10 pounds over the next couple of months. I am going to buy a food scale and really pay attention to my eats instead of eating whatever. So far today I have had 1 egg with a slice of ham and a 1/2 a slice of cheese on it. While working out I had my BCAA drink and now I am having a protein drink with just water in it.

Belinda, nice workout today. I might do Cathe STS Meso 1 again this month or maybe Body Beast, i still cant decide. I will preview body beast today, it has been a long time since I did that workout so I need to refresh my memory. I did it so many times when it came out, i loved it.

Diane Sue, I am so glad that you are sleeping good. Nice workout today those were some impressive weights, and good luck with the remote learning again tomorrow.

Roselyn, I might join Beach Body this spring. I signed up for Yvette's workouts on her new website and boy are they the hardest workouts ever!!!! I love them and there are 84 to choose from. Her website needs some work but the workouts are insane.

Roxie, glad to have you back! I may join Beach Body this spring so I will get your info when I do.

Debbie, Have a nice day off today.

Happy Sunday, I am off to the store to buy some Chicken, Asparagus, Hummus, Broccoli, Brown Rice and some things to make a Tuscan veggie soup for the week.

Hi everyone,

DH and I walked outside this afternoon. My son and DIL gave my a year of CL. Today I did CL#1 Bootcamp = 60 min. Loved it. Cathe did kickboxing intervals, very fun. She also added some weight workout/ab at the end. Had a great workout.

Jolie - I will continue with M2. Not sure about M3? I will add CL plus Barlates/SBF into the mix somehow without overdoing it. Have fun with your workouts. Great job today.

Diane - great job!

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Good Afternoon,

I did a StudioSweat Spin w/Jess N it was 25 minutes 6.0 miles 243 calories burned according to the bike. I do like the Apple 6 Watch it said I only did 2 minutes of exercise and it doesn’t give me any stats so I am still going to have to wear my heart rate monitor, it’s basically just for read text message.

Doreen, nice work today. That is good that you had fun combos with the step workout.

Jolie, that sounds like one tough workout. Yvette really does some tough workouts. I really need to do some prep work with meals. I think I will be packing. We are putting out a bid on a house and will purchase with contingency on ours selling.

Roselyn, that was a fun cardio workout.

Roxie, that would be irritating to have the watch say you worked out two minutes. These watches do not pick up pin workouts very well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.