Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for January 2021

Hi everyone,

i did my workouts this morning, just getting around to post. I did STS D 23 legs and SBF lower body barre.

Tomorrow I am getting shots in my knees. I also have to turn in my computer. Hopefully i will know what is wrong with it. I will try to get a workout in before I getl the shots.

Jolie I have done her workouts in the past. I like her. Maybe I will give her another try. I have a year CL I plan on using it. So many great workouts and so little time.
BBL

Reactions: WD
This morning I was all set to do a workout and the internet went out so I could not do the Raw Burn Out Lower like I wanted to do and the cardio I had chosen. So, I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party 39 minutes, 186 calories, heart rate 118/159, 3,960 steps. I then did Perfect 30 Pump Lower Body, 35 minutes, 92 calories, heart rate 98/116, 933 steps. I finished with Perfect 30 extended stretch, 8 minutes, 7 calories, 87/104 heart rate, 23 steps. TOTAL Time 82 minutes, 285 calories, 4,918 steps.

Perfect Pump Lower Body
w/up then moves using 12 and 15# dbs
squats 25# dbs 12 reps
static lunges 20# dbs 12 reps
deadlifts 30# dbs 23 reps
pick up squats 40# db 12 reps
elevated lunge right 15# dbs 12 reps
elevated lunge hops
elevated lunge left 15# dbs 12 reps
elevated hops
deadlifts with toes elevated 30# dbs 12 reps
heels elevated front squat 15# dbs 12 reps
step ups with high step and 3 risers 15# db 12 reps each side
single leg dead lift 30 # db 12 reps each side
front lunge 15# db 10 right then 10 left
close grip squat 40# db 12 reps (I repeated after having to make a trip down stairs so 2 times)
squat crossover lunges high step with 1 riser 15# db 10 each side
forward leaning glute lunges 6 inch high step 15# db 10 each side
cossack squat 12# db 12 reps
calf raises 25# dbs 25 reps
calf raises 25# dbs 20 reps
calf raises 25# dbs 15 reps

Debbie, that is the problem with most recliners and seating. Even my seat in my car bothers my neck, back and shoulders. Everything is made to push the head forward and curve the back the wrong direction. I end up taking my special pillows in the car and using them in the chair to help somewhat. The thing is they make the backs on the chairs kind of high so the upper cushy part protrudes out with my head.
Nice work today with Intervals 4. You got decent stats on that one today. I don't know how Kelly uses 12's for the skull crusher sit ups either. I really had plans for two Kelly workouts today. My neck and shoulders have been pretty good since that upper body work so far this week.
It was so nice having Trump as president as he was actually caring for the people and a real person, not someone that pretty much do not care about the people only their positions of power and what they can do with it. I pray these people that in there have a heart and do right with compassion and quit being so crazy hateful and spiteful. I did not watch anything of news today. Just do not want to. When our internet went out this morning it kind of crossed my mind that it was deliberate as to what was going on today and more censorship and locking people out of knowing stuff. My trust is 0 right now.

Doreen, nice work with the Power Plus pyramid metabolic type of workouts.

Jolie, I am glad that you are loving your workouts. I hope that you get all of the results that you from doing them. I bet your dog is happy to get all of those birthday walks.

Belinda, I hope that the shots in your knees help and your computer is fixable.

Roselyn, great that you got in Body Beast chest and triceps. I hope things have went well with your mother in law staying there for awhile.

Good morning,

CL# 83 Crush It Low Impact plus SBF D11 Cardio Interval Barre Strength + Band Mini Target for Posture.

Sorry I don't have time for personals I have to get ready for my appointments this morning. I will check in later tonight.

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone.

This morning I decided to do CL #17, IMAX. What a fun workout. I haven't done an IMAX workout in I don't know how many years. It was fun and some blasts were tough. I did well with the step segment, those combos were all really fun. One of the blasts I had to stop because she kept going on and on. I looked at my FB and it said my HR was at 104. OMG. I couldn't even breath at that point. Anyways, had a great workout!!! I want to do more IMAX workouts now. LOL!!!

Workout was 44 minutes, burned 277 calories, did 4509 steps and HR was 118/157. I think it got higher than that at certain times.

Jolie - Great workout yesterday, you kicked butt yet again. Glad you are seeing results!! I weight myself (when I remember) once a week when I'm trying to lose weight. Most of the time I go by how my clothes fit, too. So wonderful Biden is already reversing everything Trump put in place. Unbelievable. I didn't watch any of the inaugeration either and I tape our local news so we can watch it without commercials so I just fast forwarded through all of that which was most of the news. Unreal how the media is just so biased, they should be ashamed of themselves. Even Fox has become a HUGE disappointment to me. Trump's final farewell was funny - not exact but he said "Let's hope this new administration keeps your taxes low. If not, I told you so!" LOL! So funny! He and his family were treated so badly. I have a feeling Melania is happy they aren't going back for another 4 years of total torture. If a Patriot Party is formed I will be joining it. Republicans are pussies and they should all be embarrassed about what they have let happen. We will pay for it now for 4 years if not more.

Belinda - Good luck on your knee shot, I hope it doesn't hurt too bad getting it.

Diane - Great job with your workout yesterday, bummer that your internet went out. I hate when that happens. I don't get why they make chairs that push your head forward, makes no sense. Thank God my car seat isn't like that, it's bad enough with my chair. However, it is not as bad as the Lazy Boy was. That was really bad with the huge bulge it had right under the head. So stupid. See what I posted to Jolie, it was meant for you as well, I just don't want to retype it all. LOL!!

Roselyn & Doreen - Great job with your workouts!!

Roxie - Hope you are doing well. Where did you go?? You were doing good with your checkins and now your gone again. :)

Have a great day!!

Doreen, I cant believe you did a workout with 2 steps!!! I cant even do them with 1 step LOLL!

Today I had a tremendous workout, I did a Caroline Garvin Total Body Dumbbell workout, focus on legs and abs/core but all of the body parts were worked. I loved it. It was for 60 minutes, 40 seconds on 30 seconds off. Each body part was done in a tri set style and repeated 3 times round. I burned 485 calories and my heart rate was 108/153. The apple watch will say active calories and total calories. I go by total calories because I never stopped working out. If I did the active calories it was 397. I dont get that about the calories burned if you are continuously working out and it says you weren't active?

Debbie, I have never been able to do an IMAX workout ever, they make me dizzy. Nice job with it, at least it was something new, it kind of makes is exciting right? I just ordered a new flag for my house, Trump 2024 "Save America Again"! I cant wait for it to come so I can hang it proudly. The only News show I will be watching is Tucker Carlson on FOX and then I watch Newsmax online. Newsmax it what Donald Trump recommends so that is what I am watching. People got fired at Fox for calling the election too early because so many people stopped to tune in due to the biasness .

Diane Sue, That was a great workout that you did yesterday! I hate when my internet doesn't work, it is a bad way to start off the day not being able to do the workout you had planned for the day. Did you find a house that you like yet? I know you put an offer in on one but did they take it?

Belinda, nice Cathe LIve workout today. You are doing a lot of one's that I had never done, they sound great. I am starting to purge the house again, so much still needs to go. I have no problem giving things away to poeple who could really use it. Times are tough for some people right now and if i can help then i will.

Roselyn, great job with BB and I bet your MIL is excited to get into her new place. Is is close to your house?

Make it a wonderful day.

No workout this morning. Appointment and school work along with a stop at the Dollar store for some items. I am tired anyway. Need more sleep. Tomorrow morning will probably be the same as I have my heart doctor appointment. I made a couple of other appointments so I can get my mammogram next week that I had to cancel. I made it for a little later so we do not have to skip zoom and it gives me a little more time. That internet outage slowed down school work and I had to spend more time with the lessons. The only good was I got to do a full workout without zoom and work breaks in between.

Belinda, I hope that your appointments go well and your knees feel better.

Debbie, we tried registering independent years ago and ended up voting republican as we did not want the other option to win. I don't know if it would work. It would have to have a huge following to get past what we have now. I will keep watching my favorite people on Fox when they are on and still standing. As soon as someone I do not like comes on I turn it off. There is not many good left. I felt so good that we had so many people that loves our country stand for what our country is supposed to be. But, I am so disappointed how everyone has been treated and what has happened. We need honest media and a lot of it. It really does stink.
Fitbit is so frustrating. I have thought about this and how many years I have fought with the fitness watches and trying to make them give me better readings. Fitbit has been the lowest ever for the most part. We know when it is not right. I do that, and know my heart rate has to be way up there.

Doreen, nice work with the double step today.

Jolie, I often wonder how they come up with total calories anyway. Do they take into consideration what your resting calories are before giving the total calories? Great workout today, Sounds like another good one. We are using News Max as well. I watch Tucker Carlson, Laura Engle, and Hannity as well as I enjoy Judge Janine. Otherwise most of the rest I don't watch. I like some of the guest speakers they bring on quite a bit. There are some on there that you wonder where their allegiance really is. Love that you got the 2024 flag to put out.

I was going to lift this morning and then thought better of it. I'm feeling much better but don't want to push my luck. So instead I just walked on my treadmill on a slight incline for a while. I'll try to get back to lifting workouts next week if I feel ok enough to do so. I just don't want to irritate my upper back again, so sick of that pain.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 237 calories which really seems high to me but I'll take it, went 2.0 miles, did 4737 steps and HR was 111/144.

I don't have time for personals this morning, I'll try to get back in here later or during the weekend.

Have great workouts everyone!

I did a Penny Barnshaw YT workout this morning - Total body no repeats (except if you do the other side)
I listen to my own music though.

No workout for me today, I am tired and sore :) We are supposed to have rain for the next week on and off so I have a lot to clean up and put into the garage from the patio before it starts raining this afternoon. I am so excited, I am seeing results like I haven't in a long time. My diet is better and my workouts are really effective. Sometimes a little change is all you need to get the results you are looking for.

My Apple watch died yesterday!!! I just got it at Christmas for a gift. I went to Costco and spoke to the customer service people and they said I could return it today since I have all of my packaging and receipt. I am not getting another one because Apple is trying to CENSOR the Conservatives so I will not do business with them again. I am not sure what to get, Fitbit has it's issues too so I will have to look into what else is out there. My Fitbit still works OK so I will use that till I come up with a solution. I might just buy a cheap one off Amazon and see how it preforms. I don't think it is necessary to buy anything expense because they all copy each other on the mechanics of the device.

Debbie, great job listening to your body today and getting an incline walk in instead of lifting. I am laying off cardio for a bit just to give my feet a rest.

Diane Sue, good luck at the doctors today.

Doreen, another great Youtube workout again!

Roselyn, how long do you think we will stick with Body Beast LOL! :) I like it but I like to add in Caroline Girvan's workouts with it instead of doing cardio. Have you tried them? I really thing that you will like them and they are tough stuff.

Belinda, Have a great workout today.

BBL to read your posts for the day.

Hi,

Today I did M2 D24 Back/Biceps. I had to modify the standing exercises to sitting.

My appointment with Apple went well. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with my computer, they send it in. I have to wait a few day's to get my computer back.

I got gel shots in both my knees yesterday. The shots didn't hurt, he shot some meds in so I wouldn't feel it (that one did sting a little) the gel shots didn't hurt at all. At this point, I didn't felt a thing. He also took the fluid in my knees out. My left knee had a lot of fluid. Last night I had trouble walking up stairs, still no pain. Woke up this morning I am in pain and my knees feel swollen. Probably from the shots. It will take about a day or two for my knees to feel normal again. I took it easy with D24 today. I did all the exercises sitting down to take the pressure off my knees.

I probably will not continue with M3 next week. I can't lift very heavy with my knees are hurting. We shall see!

Debbie - glad you feel better and listen to your body. Great job on your walk this morning. The first shot to num the knees stung a little, the other shot I didn't feel a thing. I didn't feel anything when he took all the fluid out of my knees. I am glad I went with my Rheumatologist instead of my husbands surgeon.

Jolie - you should try to so some of the CL workout I have done and see if you like them. Even her high impact, I have to modify these day's. I been donating pretty much everything to the homeless shelter in DC. I know they are in need and will use it. DH and I used to go camping in Germany, we haven't used the tent in years. I will never go camping again, lol. The shelter is in desperate need of tents/blankets and man's stuff. I will drop it off this weekend.

Diane - thanks! . Knees are hurting today. I am sure, by tomorrow I will be fine. Hope your appointment went well too.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
No work out again today. I will get one in for sure tomorrow. I need to track blood pressure. They said do it in the evenings so I spent a lot of time reading reviews and looking for non China products. I guess Omron is Japan. The Withing one did not say. And it is a bit different as you do it over wifi or bluetooth. As well as being expensive. One person offered it was from China on a question that did not even ask. I am unsure of that as I read the history of the relationship and change overs between Withings and Nokia. Still seems a cross between Euro and American. Then I found a couple of others in American made ones. I want it to work though. I go back for a blood pressure reading at the doctor in a Month. They were concerned as I have a leaking valve that was diagnosed last year (I do not remember the doctor telling me that, but he talks a hundred miles an hour). Still thinking about a new fitness watch.
I was a bit annoyed that I went to the doctor for a follow up and I end up in the room with a nurse practitioner going over my vitals, looking at what he did last time and tests and asking a few questions. I was expecting the doctor to ask about the Statin he gave me and discuss things with me and what I could do. I got nothing like that except that I need to monitor the blood pressure.

Roselyn, nice work with Body Beast Legs.

Debbie, nice work with the treadmill walk today. I know yow you feel about hesitancy of doing a workout that might bring back the pain you got rid of.

Doreen, you do some interesting and tough looking workouts.

Jolie, I think you deserve a rest day. That is wonderful that you are seeing results. It really does make a difference when there is a big change in type of workout. Nice work on the diet as well. I agree, that most devices kind of copy the others. I keep trying to avoid buying China stuff too. That is part of the reason for hesitancy on the watch. I still have my Fitbit Blaze, I just put it in it's original box after I got the Versa 2. For awhile I still had both on my Fitbit app. Till my grandson that is 8 had played with the Blaze and it kept popping up messages on my phone and I had to find where he hid it as it was still on. Battery had not run down.

Belinda, I hope those shots kick in quickly. I imagine after what they did with your knees would cause some swelling and discomfort at first. Climbing stairs is probably rough on the knees right now.

Today was cardio, I walked on my TM uphill for 65 minutes, traveled 3.5 miles, 5.0 to 8.0 incline, 3.0 to 3.3 speed and burned 589 calories. It felt good to do some cardio because I haven't really done any in two weeks, at least cardio on a machine. Rain here on and off for the next 8 days!!! Wow, that is a new one for Southern California.

I hope you all have a great day, I am off to do laundry and to clean my sons room, he left this morning to go back to Nevada to school. It was great having him home, I will miss him. :(

Belinda, I hope your knees are better today.

Today I did Cathe Live #283 Breathless Legs 55 minutes, heart rate 104/145, 188 calories, 2,992 steps. I then did Cathe Lite Abs # 2 11 minutes, 16 calories, heart rate 92/125, 45 steps. I finished off with Perfect 30 Yoga Express #1 strength flexibility + mobility basics, 35 minutes, 54 calories, 224 steps.
Total time 1hour 41 minutes, 258 calories, 3,295 steps.
Cathe Live # 283 Breathless Legs 52 minutes
step platform and 8,10,12,15 # dumbbells You can do this without the platform and Cathe gives modifiers
12# dbs lateral walk
10# dbs forward back lunge using the step
15# db step crossover right then do all on the left
cardio using the step
12# dbs push dips elevated
10# dbs jump(hop) squat/lunge
15# dbs plie sumo squat
15# dbs deadlifts
squats in a box using step platform
repeat sequence

10# pick up lunge
15# dbs hip hinge dips
burpee side to side over platform or can remain doing the jacks across the step
12# dbs cross back lunge off the end of the step
15# db pulsing rear lunge 31 reps then switch; switch again for 15 reps
box jumps off and on the step or other move
Repeat sequence

Stretch

Jolie, we could probably use a little rain here right now. I keep having to go out and water the grass and even put some in my dormant plants that cannot make up their minds what season it is. The only thing about rain is I don't want it to be freezing out at the same time. I have appointments coming up and mammogram Tuesday so I need the roads to be clear. That is nice that you got in a good cardio in today. I was trying to get a bit of both in today since I only had 3 days of workouts this week.
I have adjusted goals on My Fitness Pal according to a nutritional page and needs that I found yesterday when trying to find how much monounsaturated fat and poly unsaturated fat is okay to eat in a day. Anyway, I took down the amounts for a 1500 calorie diet instead of 2000. I don't know why, but MFP was giving 0mg of those fats and so when I eat nut butter or something with those fats it would red them as negative. So, I wanted the fats to be balanced to the % of daily fat which should be between 25 and 35% of calories. So, I am looking for more low fat meal options.

Good Afternoon,

Sorry I haven’t checked in but my foot is still bothering me so I haven’t done a workout because I don’t know what to do that won’t aggravate it. I got it x-rayed and I have a small heel spur and a misaligned plantar fascia. To whoever asked I belie Muscle Burns Fat is available to everyone because my youngest DD is getting ready to do it and she didn’t buy a package. I have been watching a lot of YouTube for makeup tips and spent some money on new eyeshadows.

Debbie-sorry about not checking in.

Roxie, you might look at the downloads for live workouts that have details and a preview. I have done All core on the floor before. There is also this one I am not sure if I have done Cathe Downloads | 291 Legs and Core Down on the Floor, or maybe pick some of her dvds that have floor work. I am not sure about the legs and core as you would have to maybe modify the moves that are in a plank position. I have a bone spur and went through some of that years ago. Fortunately the bone spur is not bothering me now. But some other things were quite painful for some time and made things like cardio difficult and painful.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.