Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Jan 2024

Hi,

CL# 478 Low Impact HiiT with active recovery. It was perfect for this evening.

This is the place I donate for the last few years https://some.org/ . DD and DIL volunteered a few times at this organization. They do a lot of amazing things for people and community. The organization isn‘t in the best part of DC. They are always so grateful when we drop stuff off. I will get up early tomorrow to get my workout in before we drive to the shelter.

Jolie - I am so happy Rusty surgery went well. Brawler always had a hard time after surgery. Poor guy. I remember you mention doing it. I agree less is more. Tomorrow I will do a run to DC to the homeless shelter. I know they need winter coats/warm blankets.

Good night.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Raw TBTS warm up with TBTS Box and Tone, 26 minutes, heart rate 134/162, 143 calories using 2# dumbbells. I then did TBTS Strength Lower Body 17 minutes, heart rate 104/128, 60 calories. I finished with CDorner's Total Body Mobility: Strong & Slow for Better movement, 27 minutes, 39 calories. Some of the moves were difficult. They are movement patterns done slow. Total time was 70 minutes, 242 calories, 2,510 steps. I think I am a bit better today. It is a mix of things and because of the cold I got after my husband my immune system is out of wack and I am starting a flare up of arthritis along with a lot of bronchial issues from the bronchiectasis. I ordered more supplements and will work it out. Really tired lately even when I get enough sleep. It is warming up a bit. Raining and 40 today. I did go out to the mailbox two nights ago and we had sheets of ice. I almost slid down the driveway since silly me was wearing slippers.

TBTS Lower Body
3 sets each exercise 10 reps
deadlift with into a squat up 20# dumbbells 3 sets of 10 reps
goblet hold heels elevated close squat 20,20,25 # dumbbells 10 reps each
warrior squats 20# dbs 3 sets 10 reps

Debbie, great job on Raw Total Body Drop sets. I have done that before and do remember thinking I had to be careful of knees on part of it. I will be doing it again. I do not like to go out when it is cold and icy. The forecast has some up to 60's next week. I hope it stays that way, but I doubt it.

Belinda, nice work yesterday on CL# 399 PHA SS w/the ball. It always feels good to purge clutter out of the house.

Jolie, I am glad the surgery went well for Rusty. I bet the pup was happy to get out for a walk. Kelly has a lot to choose from on her Raw channel. I am sure you will love the boxing and weight workouts.

OMG, I am SO SORE from yesterday's weight workout. Holy moly. Every muscle in my body is screaming! This morning I had to go in to work early so I chose RAW Kickboxing 1. Love this one and had a great workout. I used my 1.5# egg weights. Love the moves in this one. The music is a bit loud but didn't hinder the workout.

Workout was 35 minutes, burned 301 calories, did 3272 steps and HR was 135/168.

Jolie - Glad you dog is doine well, that is great news. I'm glad you signed up for RAW, have fun with it. I love mostly all the workouts, especially the boxing, heavy bag and weight workouts. The one I did this morning was a lot of fun.

Roselyn - I have not signed up for the cgx app. I haven't heard anything about it either, but then again, I haven't looked for any. I bet it is a good app and I'm sure Caroline has some great workouts on it.

Belinda - That is great that you give to that shelter. Good for you! I usually clean out stuff and drop it off at our GoodWill stores. I seriously need to start getting more stuff together.

Diane - Great job with your workout yesterday!! Sorry you aren't feeling that well, hope it passes soon. It's raining at 40 here as well. Yesterday we had icy roads and today it's back to rain. Hate winter. Glad you didn't fall when you went to the mailbox!! Yikes!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Tomorrow, I do not get to work out because I am meeting my parents for an early breakfast. So, today I did two days' worth of working out so I do not get behind, I have had too many things coming up where I cannot workout. I started with a 3 mile walk with the dog, 56 minutes and I burned 455 calories. Next, I did weights and started with RAW Upper Body and ABS workout, Kelly was coaching Sammy, and I did not like the workout. Kelly never stopped talking, I had to mute it and follow along without sound. Also, it was a very easy workout even with heavy weights. I did like the style of the workout, and I changed a few of the exercises to suit my taste. Next, I did RAW 15-minute Boxing finisher using my 1.5 egg weights, I really like this short and effective workout. Then, I did RAW Box and Sculpt outside and I really like this workout. I used the egg weights again. I bet I will not be able to move my arms tomorrow!!! Total workout time was for the entire workout including the walk was 129 minutes and I burned 1,174 calories. I will be dead tomorrow, but I look forward to it :)

Debbie, great job with the kickboxing workout today. I will try that one soon! I am making a list of one's that you and Diane like and I will try those first. I do like the boxing ones and I know I will like the ride ones with weights. I want to use my max trainer or my TM for those workouts.

Diane Sue, thank goodness it is warming up for you. We have 80 degree weather this weekend and I cannot wait! I could never live where it is really cold, I become depressed. Nice job on the workout yesterday! I hope you feel good today.

Belinda, way to go taking blankets and jackets to the homeless shelter!!!!

Roselyn, What is CGX app? I am not sure what it stands for.

Have a great day, be back on Friday.

Today I did CDorner Power Step #355, 28 minutes, 134 calories, heart rate 123/173, 2,425 steps. I then did Raw Lift with Cardio Acceleration, 32 minutes, 122 calories, heart rate 109/144, 1,474 steps. I finished with CDorner Day 10 morning spinal mobility and Day 12 upper body stretch, 29 minutes, 49 calories. Total time 89 minutes, 305 calories, 3,899 steps.

Raw Lift with Cardio Acceleration #4 30 minutes
requires a step with 2 risers each side and dumbbells. Kelly suggests 8,10, and 15#

Rnd 1
gorilla rows alternating 20# dbs
reverse lunge with a hold alternating 20# dbs
cardio prisoner arms triple insole squat
repeat

Rnd 2
Lateral raise and Front raise 10# dbs
side lunge alternating 10# dbs
cardio step back double knee jack
repeat

Rnd 3
overhead triceps extensions 15# db 20# db
goblet hold close stance squat down up down alternating sides 20# db double 15# dbs(I forgot she does 2nd set with two dbs)
cardio squat thruster using step
repeat

Rnd 4
supination curls 15# dbs
deadlift kickstand stance alternating 20# dbs
cardio 2 low jacks /leg lifts back alternating
repeat
stretch

Debbie, great job on Raw Kickboxing 1. I like that one too. I am sure that you are sore after the workout that you did yesterday.

Jolie, wow on the calorie burn today. I enjoy Kelly's Boxing workouts. Sorry the strength workout that you chose was one where she was coaching Sammy. I bet that you find some that you really like though. Most of Kelly's workouts have a description that you can look at when you click on them. For some reason the TBTS and I think most that are part of dvds do not have a description attached. I guess you have to look up the dvd on her website for that.
I hate the cold weather! I am hoping for the 60 degree forecast next week.

Last edited:
Good Evening,
I did TBTS Box & Tone wearing my 1lb hand weights didn’t have time for a walk DH wanted to go to Walmart after I got off work.

Hi,

I did Burn Sets: Express Legs Heavy Weight this morning. Got it in before we dropped off donations to the homeless shelter.

After we dropped of the donations at the shelter. We drove by a bus stop not far from the shelter, my husband noticed an old lady sitting on the floor in the bus stop covered in a blanket. She looked like she was in her 80‘s. When I saw the the lady sitting like on the floor with only a blanket, I had tears running down my face. What is an 80 year old lady homeless. I don‘t carry cash around with me, wished i had some. I already donated all the blankets/jackets/hates. We couldn‘t even stop our car to get out. I felt so bad, it‘s still hunting me. My husband said. the homeless shelter every night drives around and offer shelter for people on the streets. It‘s so sad if you see this in the America. The richest country in the world and yet people are living in poverty. Sad!

Diane - yes, it feels good to get the clutter out. I am glad it‘s done and out of the house. I been busting my butt off the last few day‘s. I like shopping, always have. That is my problem. I gave away new clothes I haven‘t worn or only used once. I would like to became a minimalist. Nice job on your box and tone plus Christ mobility workout.

Debbie - I like to donate to to the organization. I know it will get to the right people. They were so happy for the winter coats and clothe. What I did is put a box out and started putting stuff in I wanted to donate.

Jolie - thank you! I am sure they could use it more than I do.

I am so beat today. I been busting my butt off getting donations out the house. Time to relax!

My workouts so far for the week:

Sunday: CL #478 Low Impact HIIT (30 min)
Monday: Penny All Standing Full Body Strength (30 min)
Tuesday: CL #409 Steppin into Boot Camp. (Loved this one) 50 min.
Wednesday: Michelle Lower Body HIIT (30 min) Super Set alternating strength & cardio.

It's easier to post this way. My nights get busy and I forget to post. By the time I workout, cook dinner, clean up the kitchen and walk the dog, I'm tired and ready for bed. The weather warmed up this week, so we've been walking the dog. It's turned in to a slushy mess, so we go to the park. She loves running in the snow and it wears her out. Tonight is a little rainy, so no walk. Haircut tomorrow after work so no workout. I think my body needs a little rest anyway.

Good workouts everyone!

This morning I did RAW Intervals 4 and had a great workout. I had an ok workout, I was tired and have a headache so it was tough getting started. Then I had to stop midway through the 2nd time through due to time. I must have started late because I definitely should have had the time to do it all. I like the workout itself but the music isn't the greatest and it's way too loud. But since the workout is so good, it's easy to overlook.

This workout has 30 second intervals, used the step with one set of risers, 8 and 12# dumbbells. No boxing in this workout whatsoever.

Split/Squat Jacks
Power Curls:
12's
Repeat

Pendulums
Deadlift/Upright Rows
: 12's
Repeat

Icky Feet (love these)
Back Lunge w/One Arm Overhead Press
: 12#
Repeat other side

Lunge Cardio off Step
Side Lunge/Curls
: 12's
Repeat

Squat Touch Downs
Plank Rows
: 12's (I just did standing rows)
Repeat

Heel Crossovers
Jacks/Skates

Repeat

REPEAT ALL - but she cuts back on lifting moves, only does them once and skips the Heel Crossovers and Jacks/Skates - I only did about half of this due to time

Skull Crushers/Situps: 8's (I don't know how she does this with 12's!)
Chest Flyes w/Leg Raise: 12's
Repeat

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 308 calories, did 2308 steps and HR was 127/157.

Jolie - Kelly talking in her workouts don't really bother me, she gives some great tips and pointers on form. But I do know what you mean. That workout isn't the best weight one she has. You'll find the ones you will love, there are plenty out there. Have fun getting to know these workouts!! CGX is Caroline Girvans new app.

Diane - I really like the CardioAcceleration workouts, they are FUN!!! Nice job with #4 again. I wonder why she changed the name to "Lift with CA"?? Why not keep it Strength 4 CardioAcceleration? That's what I named it because I wanted it in my binder with all the others. I'll know where it is when I look for it.

Roxie - Great job on your workout!! Love the TBTS workouts.

Belinda - OMG on the 80 year old homeless lady. That is not unusual here where I live either. In two cities close to me there are many homeless people. One recently died in the park due to the cold weather. So sad. Most are mentally ill and don't want to seek shelter. Usually even when people try to help them, they end up leaving wherever they are staying and go back to bridges or parks. It is truly sad. We have several shelters around here and usually they are full to capacity. It is a shameful reflection of our government and no matter who is in office, it never changes. Even our local mayor and governor hasn't tried to help these people. I work with homeless students in my job (not hands-on with the kids but with the districts and their homeless issues) and it is so sad how many of our kids have no homes. Makes me want to cry.

Cam - Great workouts lately!! You rock!! I hate this weather. Today we have very dense fog and can't see 2 ft in front while driving. That was fun.

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi,

I didn‘t sleep well last night, I wanted some light cardio. After it stopped raining, I walked for 60 min outside. Felt great walking outside. It wasn‘t in the 50‘s, not to bad. Sadie enjoyed it too.

Debbie - that is so sad people don‘t want help and rather sleep in the cold. It breaks my heart. DC has a huge homeless problem. I am glad your major is trying to help. I do agree it‘s A reflection of our government and no matter who is in office. You do see a lot of homeless kids with their parents here too. It‘s hard breaking. I cried when I saw the 80 year old lying in the bustop all curled up in her blanket. It‘s still hunting me today. Nicely done today.

Have a great day and workout.

Good Afternoon,

I did a Bodi Strong Build Functional Strength workout then a 2.22 50 minute walk. I am so tired of gray skies and rain we need some sunshine. Tuesday night we had a pack of coyotes right behind our house so glad I told the dog to stop whining to be let out.

Hi,

My OnDemand expired today. I did sign up for another month of Cathe Live.My husband and I enjoy CL, we may sign up for the 6 month or yearly one after that? I had to get blood test done today. I will walk than get in CL# 479 Turn it up Upper body.

BBl

This morning I just walked on my treadmill. I didn't feel like doing much of anything, still have a nagging headache and I'm still sore from the workout I did on Tuesday.

Workout was 35 minutes, burned 268 calories, went 1.8 miles, did 4202 steps and HR was 126/152.

Have a great weekend everyone!! So glad it's Friday!

My knees have been achy and my left knee is swollen so I decided to just do upper body today and a stretch. No workout yesterday. I did Raw Shoulders 22 minutes and Arms 20 minutes combined was 42 minutes, 203 calories, heart rate 123/146. I then finished with CDorner Day 8 14 minute full body stretch after workout day, 21 minutes. Total time was 56 minutes, 224 calories.

Coffey Fit Raw Shoulders 24 minutes
4 rounds of each exercise 8 reps
also a finisher is done of each exercise 10 reps no break
Upright Row- 8 reps 15# dbs;
shoulder press-8 reps 12# dbs
lateral raise 8 reps 10# dbs 1st 3 rounds and 12# dbs 4th rnd
bent over lateral raise 8 reps 10# dbs
front raise 8 reps 10# dbs

lateral raise 8 reps 8# dbs
front raise 8 reps 8# dbs

lateral raise 8 reps 10# dbs
bent over lateral raise 8 reps 12# dbs

lateral raise 8 reps 12# dbs

Finisher all moves done with 10# dbs 10 reps no rest

Raw Arms 20 minutes
Biceps and Triceps 4 exercises 10 reps and a finisher rnd
Front Curls 15# dbs 10 reps
overhead triceps extension 10# dbs 10 reps
hammer curls 15# dbs 10 reps
kickbacks 10# dbs 10 reps

Kelly forgot the kickbacks here makes up rnd 3

Kickbacks 10# dbs 10 reps

hammer curls 17.5# dbs 10 reps
Finisher supination curl to wide triceps press back 10# dbs

Sorry I have been MIA, I have had allergies so bad I can barely function. I have only walked each day on Friday and today, I had to take so many Kleenex with me just to make it through the walk. I have a bad headache and I am very congested and cannot stop sneezing. In other words, I feel like crap. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow because I want to lift some weights.

Do any of you ever feel like you just do not want to eat? Nothing sounds or tastes good? That is how I am the past few days and I cannot figure out why I feel this way. I am eating some eggs and green juice but nothing besides a cookie even sounds appealing to me.

Great job on the workouts the past few days everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.