Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2023

Today I did Raw Heavy Bag 4 adding a little warm up, 24 minutes, 103 calories, heart rate 116/151. I liked this one. I had not done it before. I then did STS 2 Standing abs metabolic and core warm up + Standing abs core +floor using the 5 and 10# plate, 24 minutes, heart rate 117/137, 109 calories. I finished with SS 2 Supersets express 2 lower body only, using just the squat and lunge portion of warm up and doing the weight work, 15 minutes, heart rate 109/136, 57 calories. If I had more time I would have added some of the bonus lower, but today was another day that was out of sync with usual schedule.

STS 2 Super Sets lower body only express which is all of the lower work minus the calf raises which are in the upper body
Squats #1 30# dbs 8 reps
deadlifts #1 55# barbell 8 reps

Squats #2 30# dbs 8 reps
deadlifts #2 55# barbell 8 reps

Squats #3 30# dbs 8 reps
deadlifts #3 55# barbell 8 reps

Alternating Sumo Squat #1 25# db 8 reps
Alternating crossback lunge #1 25# dbs 8 reps

Alternating Sumo Squat #2 25# db 8 reps
Alternating crossback lunge #2 25# db 8 reps

Alternating Sumo Squat #3 25# db 8 reps
Alternating Sumo Squat #3 25# dbs 8 reps

stretch

Debbie, I enjoyed the mobility work and like that there are some that are 10 to 15 minutes which is for being able to get at least one in when short on time. I am a little stiff tonight after skipping the extra stretch and mobility the last few workouts. I hope tomorrow is a normal day for me so I can get a good stretch in. I am glad things are loosening up for you.

Jolie, great job with Live #25 Strong Upper Body and Core. You are lucky being able to enjoy the nice day and sunshine. I guess we had sunshine today, but it was in the 40's. Great job on being able to lift the same weights that you did before in 2017.

Belinda, nice work on Ice to the Mat legs and glutes today. I am sure it wouldn't hurt to change your rotation days around. It will be nice when you have your RV because you could have things like the dvd player there all of the time. At least that is what I had when we had one. I kept sets of lighter weights and bands and tubing there all of the time so I just picked out what dvds I wanted to take along. Although with downloads there is always the possibility of just using those.
I am hoping to hear something from the insurance company soon. The agent said he would keep me informed via email or my phone and I should hear from the insurance company as the changes were sent to them. I really needed the changes when I discovered the inhaler that my doctor prescribed is not covered and would cost me over 6,000 dollars for the year with Aetna. That is ridiculous. It is not happening. I would just do without. Besides so far it is not helping me much.

Roselyn, nice work on biceps day.

Cam, good job on Live Cardio, Upper & Core. I like to switch around instructors, so I do not get bored. Each has their own style and methods.

Last edited:
This morning I decided to walk on my treadmill for a bit just to get some steps in. I haven't hit 6,000 because of only stretching in the morning. I also did CDorner's Day 8 Mobility Stretch, it was a full body one and a good one.

Treadmill workout was 21 minutes, burned 171 calories, did 1.04 miles, went 2456 steps and HR was 129/157.

Jolie - Weather affects my moods too, it's been so rainy and dreary and cold here that my mood is just blah. Wish the sun would come out for a bit. Great job with your workout yesterday!! Sounds like a good one!

Belinda - Great job with ICE yesterday! Yes, the stretches do make a huge difference.

Diane - Great job with Heavy Bag 4, not sure I've done that one yet, I'll have to check it out. You had a great set of workouts yesterday, nice job!!

Cam & Roselyn - Great job with your workouts!

Where's Doreen?

Have a great workout everyone!

Reactions: WD
Hi,

I had a lot of errands to run today. I only did a quick barre workout with SBF.

Debbie - glad it‘s making a huge difference.

Diane - the new RV comes with a dvd player. I own pretty much all of Cathie’s downloads. I agree, that is a lot of $$$ for an inhaler. I hope you find out something sooN. Sorry the inhaler didn’t help much.

Cam - great job on your live yesterday.

Roselyn - nice bicep workout.

Good night.

Tonight I did a Penny 45 min No Repeat Full Body Cardio & Strength. This is one of my faves and I am sucking wind through most of it. I needed that today.

Good workouts today!

Today I did CDorner Step Class #341 22 minutes, heart rate 121/145, 2062 steps, 100 calories. Our electricity blipped out and I lost my internet connection so had to stop at 10 minutes till the modem picked back up. She did this one without breakdowns and said there were breakdowns of the moves used individually if needed. I followed this with CDorner Balance & Mobility, 33 minutes, 53 calories, 237 steps. Total time 55 minutes, 153 calories, 2,299 steps.

Debbie, nice work on the treadmill walk and CDorner mobility day 8. Total Body.

Belinda, nice work getting in a SB barre workout before errands this morning.

Cam, nice job this morning on Penny 45 minute No repeat Full Body Cardio and Strength.

This morning I walked on my treadmill for about 30 minutes and then did one the 30 Day Challenge stretchs by CDorner. Weird, my hip flexors and hips are so sore and tight today. WTH? I've been stretching so much this week and it seems to be now having the opposite effect on me. I'm wondering if I overstretched at one point? I am so sore I can barely get up from my chair today.

Diane - I hate when internet goes out in the middle of a workout. Streaming is great but sometimes I prefer the old ways. Same with music. When I listen to music on my Alexa device, many times some songs won't play all the way through or it just stops. So frustrating. I'd prefer a CD player any day to streaming. Call me old school!

Have a great day everyone!

Yesterday I walked through the hills with the pup, this was the hardest hill walk thus far. Walk was 56 minutes, traveled 3 miles and I burned 499 calories. Today I did an easier walk through the hills, 45 minutes, 2.4 miles and I burned 362 calories. I was going to do a kick boxing workout too, but I have low energy today. Tomorrow is another day :) My low back is tight, probably from walking up steep hills so I will stretch later today.

I hope you all have great workouts today!

Today I did Total Body Tri-sets Express #! Upper Body Only, 49 minutes, 115 calories, heart rate 90/116. I finished with CDorner 30 day mobility #5 neck and shoulders stretch and # 6 Total Body Morning mobility 27 minutes, 35 calories. Total time 76 minutes, calories burned 150. I upped some of the weights.

STS 2.0 Total Body Tri sets Upper Body
Group 2
Chest Press #1 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly pinkies in #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly thumb to thumb#1 15# dbs 8 reps
Chest Press #2 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly pinkies in #2 15# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly thumb to thumb#2 15# dbs 8 reps

Group 3
Deadlifts #1 30 dbs 8 reps
Pullovers #1 22.5# db 8 reps
Kneeling one arm Row #1 25# db 8 reps
Deadlifts # 2 30# dbs 8 reps
Pullovers #2 22.5# db 8 reps
Kneeling one arm Row #2 25# db 8 reps

Group 4
Triceps close grip bench press #1 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Triceps seated single arm overhead tricep extension #1 10# db 8 reps
Lying triceps extensions #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Triceps close grip bench press #2 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Triceps seated single arm overhead tricep extension #2 10# db 8 reps(did the kickback option)
Lying triceps extensions #2 15# dbs 8 reps

Group 5
seated overhead press #1 10# dbs 8 reps
standing double arm side lateral raise #1 8# dbs 8 reps
kneeling single arm rear delt fly #1 10# db 8 reps
seated overhead press #2 10# dbs 8 reps
standing double arm side lateral raise #2 8# dbs 8 reps
kneeling single arm rear delt fly #2 10# db 8 reps

Group 6
Standing biceps curls #1 15# dbs 8 reps
seated hammer curl #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Seated sweeper curls #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Standing biceps curls #2 15# dbs 8 reps
seated hammer curl #2 15# dbs 8 reps
Seated sweeper curls #2 15# dbs 8 reps

abbreviated stretch (Group 1 and 7 are lower body)

Debbie, that is really odd on the tight hip flexors. I often have problems with my hip flexors. Sometimes I think I pinch a nerve or something because I will get pains like a stinging electrical hit. They have been pretty good lately though. I hope it lets up for you. I don't know why stretching would make it hurt though. Nice work today on the Treadmill walk and CDorner Mobility. I had a Sony CD player with speakers and everything and threw it away and CDs when we moved. Sometimes I am sorry, but I hardly used it anymore. I just played music from Amazon Music with a bluetooth speaker and my cell or tablet. My husband mentioned getting a record player. We have albums from when we were in Highschool in a giant tote. The bad thing about everything using internet is stuff does not work.

Jolie, nice work on the hill walk and the easier hill walk today.

Hi,

I met up with DD in DC early this morning. I just finished my workout.

I did ICE UB today. I forgot how much I love this series.

Diane - you are so good with Chris C. workouts. Great job yesterday and today on TB. I hate when my internet goes out during my workouts. Sorry it happened to you yesterday.

Have a great evening.

Today I walked on my treadmill for about 42 minutes, got some good steps in. I did my own stretching afterwards. Now I'm on my way to a Mock Trial I am volunteering for. I'm glad it's not my event, it is less stressful! LOL!! I have a feeling one day it will become my event. :oops:

No time for personals so you all have a wonderful day and weekend!!!

Today it is cold outside, 51 degrees and I am not used to it! I took the pup for a 1 hour walk, traveled 3 miles and burned 502 calories. Not really steep hills today, I need a break and so do my calves :)

Debbie, if you have a spasm of any sort do not stretch, it aggravates it more believe it or not. I have learned my lesson over the years, just ice and heat alternating and of course rest. I get tight hip flexors and want to stretch it out but it ends up getting worse.

Diane Sue, great workout yesterday and wow on the weights!

Roselyn, nice job on the workout yesterday.

Belinda, great upper body workout today.

Make it a great day. No workout tomorrow I am meeting my parents for breakfast, it is my mom's 88th birthday.

Today I did STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets Express Lower Body, 23 minutes 91 calories, heart rate 107/124, heart rate 114/153. I followed this with STS 2.0 Lower Body 2 bonuses. I have not done those as they are really not favorite moves. This was 18 minutes, 65 calories, heart rate 127/124. I finished with CDorner Day 26 leg stretches after workout, and day 29 hips and lower back 27 minutes, 42 calories. Total time was 68 minutes, 198 calories.

STS 2 Tri-sets lower body
squats 25# dbs 8 reps
alternating rear lunges 20# dbs 8 reps
close grip sumo squat 30# db 8 reps
squats 25# dbs 8 reps
alternating rear lunges 20# dbs 8 reps
close grip sumo squat 30# db 8 reps

step ups 25# dbs 8 reps
alternating side lunges 20# db 8 reps
double tap rear lunge 20# dbs 8 reps
step ups 25# dbs 8 reps
alternating side lunges 20# db 8 reps
double tap rear lunge 20# dbs 8 reps

abbreviated stretch

STS 2.0 lower body 2 bonuses (I don't get it as this was 18 minutes and not easy, but my Garmin says work time 2 minutes) o_O
Step ups 20# dbs 10 reps
Step Ups 20# dbs 10 reps
Step ups 20# dbs 10 reps
elevatedlunges 15# dbs
push dips 15# dbs 10 reps
elevated lunges 20# dbs 10 reps
forward hinged hip abductions (seated on step leaning forward on stability ball doing abductions with jeavy boss loop band
3 sets of 10 reps

Evening,

Quick check in. I did ICE LB today. I had to modify some of the impact. I forgot how light she goes in this series. Got a good sweet and workout today.

I will be back in the morning to catch up on personals.

It is absolutely beautiful here today, 75 degrees and breezy. I had to get in a weight workout today with the garage door open and the fresh air coming in. Today I did CL #465 Strong and Fit All Upper Body again, I did it last week and loved it! I added some various punches with 2# DB's at the end for about 10 minutes and really got my calorie burn up. Workout was 1 hour, and I burned 442 calories. Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be even better and then it gets cold again, so I am going for a beach walk in the morning.

I hope you all have great workouts today.

Make it a great day.

Today I did CL #379 Superset Circuit. A 1 hr. sweatfest! That was a great workout. I felt pretty strong today and went heavier. I don't know how many calories I burned, but holey moley, it was a ton.

Lots to do this weekend. Hope everyone is having a good one!

Today I did CDorner Old School Cardio Aerobics 70's 80's music, 44 minutes, heart rate 142/176, 3,915 steps. I followed with Raw Stretch, 19 minutes, 27 calories. Then I thought I should do abs since I I did every other body part twice this week so I did Raw TBTS abs 17 minutes, 35 calories. Total time was 80 minutes, 311 calories. We went to my grandson's play this afternoon. I see Kelly has put up a drop sets workout and a lighter weight day workout on the Raw channel. I will check it out Monday. Afterward I went to my grandson's Seussical Musical play. He sang and was the mayor.

Debbie, nice work on the treadmill walk yesterday. I hope you enjoyed the mock trial.

Belinda, good job on Ice Lower Body today.

Jolie, I am glad that you had a nice day today and got in CL #465 Strong and Fit All Upper Body. Enjoy the beach walk tomorrow.

Cam, nice work on CL #379 Superset Circuit. Enjoy your weekend.

Good Afternoon,

2 mile walk on my treadmill today. I have been a little lazy and my clothes aren’t fit right trying to get back at it before the holidays really get started. I still haven’t decided what I am going to do the rest of the month.

Busy day, but I got in a Cathe Live Mixed Impact Cardio Express. 26 min with fun choreography.

Belinda, ICE LB is a toughie. I live that one and if I add the blast, I am wiped.

Jolie, we were have warmer weather this past week, but it came to an end this weekend. Friday night we walked our dog wearing sweatshirts. That's amazing for December in WI.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. Mine was great but went by in a flash. Can't wait for Christmas break.

This morning I did RAW Total Body Drop Sets. I liked it ok, but some of the exercises seemed a bit dangerous maybe? Maybe not so much the moves, but the amount of weight Kelly used. She went with 20# dumbbells mostly and I think that was a bit much for this workout. But she is strong and didn't seem like she was struggling much. I didn't go that high, only on a few exercises.

Each drop set was 10 reps (except for Swings) and only did the exercise 2 times.

Curl to Arnold Press: 15's/12's
Crush Grip/Squats: 25#/20#
Pullover: 20#/15#
Dumbbell Swings: 15's/16 reps; 12's/16 reps (Kelly did this one fast, I did it slowly because my low back has been having issues)
One Arm Row: 25#/20#
Squat/Press: 15's (7 reps)/12's (10 reps) these were hard for me (Kelly called these Squat Thrusts and I wasn't going to do it. They weren't technically Squat Thrusts though)
One Arm Chest Press: 20#/15#

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 161 calories, HR was 102/137.

Then I did RAW TBTS Box & Tone. Love this workout. I ran out of time so had to stop at the last boxing segment. Used my 1.5# egg weights.

Workout was 18 minutes, burned 173 calories, did 1295 steps and HR was 148/195.

Great job on your workouts this weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.