Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2022

This morning I did a tabata weight circuit on ifit and then did about 10-15 min of rowing. Not wanting to overdo as we are going to get our tree this afternoon and that will be a lot of hiking around in the woods.

Yesterday I had a great experience at the PT appointment, I had a woman that really helped me a lot. Today I was not in any pain while working out, just a little while sleeping. It was the BEST $30 I have ever spent. Not only for the exercises to do every day and the stretches, but she gave me a deep tissue massage on my neck, trap area, shoulder and pec area. Holy smokes was I tight and did not even know it. She told me that I have a severe Collar Bone sprain and it will take a long time to heal but it will heal. I feel so much better today, and the lump is down quite a bit, so the stretching helps. Today I was allowed to workout again, I did the following: 40 minute uphill walk on the TM, traveled 2.2 miles and burned 356 calories. Next, I did Caroline Girvan's 15 minute DB Arms and Shoulder workout at home from 2 years ago. I loved this workout, few rests and higher reps. 45 seconds on, 15 second rest in a tri-set fashion. Total workout time with PT exercises and stretches was 1 hour 14 minutes and I burned 542 calories. Going forward my PT wants me to really start using my rowing maching to strengthen my back muscles so I will be hoping in it as much as possible.

Seated Overhead Press- 15's
Hammer Curls- 15's
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's

Lateral Raise- 5's
W Curls- 12's
Diamond Press- 15's

Alternating Front Raise- 8's
Alt. Bicep Curls with a Twist- 15's
Lying Triceps Ext.- 12's

1 Arm Overhead Press- 15# (these were tuff stuff)
other arm
1 Arm Triceps Kickback- 8#
other arm
Bicep Curls- 15's
Front Raise to Side Lateral Raise- 5's

I will be going out of town tomorrow for the weekend to visit my cousins, so there will be no workouts. I will hit it hard on Monday and I look forward to my recovery going forward.

Doreen, great job on the workout today and have fun getting your tree.

Great job on the workouts yesterday to all of you! Happy Friday.

Hi,

Today I did Suzanne Bowen Fitness (SBF) Upper body workout.

Diane - that is exactly how my shoulder feels when I move wrong. I will check out Cathe's Boss Bands premixes. I can't do anything kneeling, my knees are swollen. I have a lot of inflammation these day's. I can't do anything on the forearms, it puts too much pressure on the shoulder. It's very frustrating. I always can do a lot of standing lower body w/bands and standing biceps/triceps workouts. I hope I don't have to wait to long for an appointment to get the shot and move on with my live. Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it.

Sadie had a vet a appointment. BBL

Today I did CDorner Kickboxing plus abs workout, 42 minutes, heart rate 120/149, 181 calories, 3,387 steps. I used 2# dumbbells for the weight portions Chris used 3#. This alternated a segment with Kicks and no weight and portions with the weights and ends with abs with the weights.
I then did CDorner 25 minutes toned and defined arms skipping most of the warm up so it took me 20 minutes, 70 calories, heart rate 101/121, 70 calories, 198 steps. I finished with her Beach stretch 11 minutes, 28 calories. I also used my foam roller for upper back. Total workout time was 73 minutes, 279 calories, 3,585 steps.

Toned and defined arms
done for 45 seconds each and 3 rnds changing the moves a bit

biceps curls
upright row 10's
bentover kickback 10's
curl to press 5's (didn't really want to work shoulders)
rnd 2
biceps curl pulses 10's
front raise 5's
kickbacks palms facing forward 8's
overhead triceps 1 1/2 8's
rnd 3
hammer curl 15# dbs
upright row/to front raise alternating arms 8's
triceps kickbacks with a twist 8's
half hammer/ side raise8's
Ends with iso hold moves
Biceps holds and one arm curl while holding the other as she calls it 10's
Skull Crusher with iso hold and on arm movement 8# dbs

Cam, nice job on the workout yesterday.

Roselyn, nice work with Carolyn Iron arms and abs.

Doreen, nice work on the IFit weight circuit. Have fun getting the Christmas tree.

Jolie, I am glad the PT was so much help. I hope going forward your body mends quickly. Nice work today. Enjoy your time with cousins this weekend and a break.

Belinda, nice work with Suzanne Bowen today. Most band moves for legs that are on the floor can be done standing. I know Chris did a move on the workout today on one knee with the other leg extended for abs, but she said if you could not kneel just do the standing side bend with the dumbbell. She also made suggestions to do mobility for shoulders if you could not do overhead presses on the strength workout. Cathe's Boss loops standing portion is good and gets the heart rate up some. I used the standing portion when I started back to working out after surgery and added the standing portion from a raw workout she does for lower body with loop bands. I am sure you can find things you can do, it just takes some effort and patience.

Last edited:
Today I did RAW 1 Body Part - Shoulders and had a great workout. Sorry I'm posting late, I had a Mock Trial today and it was all day long. Kids were very bad, glad it wasn't my event!!

4 sets/8 reps
Upright Row: 20's - 1 set/15's - 3 sets
Overhead Press: 12's
Lateral Raise: 10's
Bent Over Lateral Raise: 10's - 1 set/12's - 3 sets
Front Raise: 10's
Each exercise done one right after the other. She repeats this for 4 total sets.

Finisher: All exercises in a row using 10's

Then I got on my treadmill for 1.3 miles. Total workout time was 54 minutes, burned 465 calories and HR was 135/166.

I'm home now and don't have time for personals. Have a great weekend everyone!!! Great workouts!!

Reactions: WD
Tonight I did Penny 30 min. No Repeat Total Body Toning. 60/10. I got some good strength work in. I used 8's & 10's and my muscles got a burn going. Mainly upper body focus, so tomorrow will need to be a leg day.

Got some snow today and it's feeling a little more like Christmas. Need to get my tree up this weekend.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Today I did Coffey FIt Raw Step Boxing, 28 minutes, heart rate 115/139, 121 calories. I then did Ice Low Impact Cardio Sweat #2, with the blizzard blast, 37 minutes, heart rate 126/153,189 calories. I finished with Icey Core #2, 13 minutes, 45 calories, heart rate 99/123. Total time was 78 minutes, 355 calories, 5,668 steps.
I also did some foam rolling. My knee is hurting this evening for some reason. Not sure if it is because I kind of twisted it when helping get our Christmas tree set up or because I used two risers for the step work today. When I did blizzard blast I did not jump on and off the step. I always do sort of a skip on to it and step off.
We went to a tree farm nearby and purchased a fresh tree today. I love having the smell of a real tree.

Debbie, nice workout. Sorry about the mock trial being all day and the kids not being good. Have a pleasant weekend.

Cam, nice work on Fit Split Legs and Glutes. I did that one Thursday. Snow does make it seem more like Christmas, but I only appreciate it if I do not have to leave the house.

Hi,

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. Yesterday I did SBF Barre Lower body w/ball + abs on the ball. Today I walked outside and did SBF (Suzanne Bowen Fitness) Relaxation stretch.

Sadie's appointment went well yesterday. Today she went to the groomer.

Debbie - great job on your workout. Sorry about the kids acting up.

Diane - nice mix of workouts yesterday.

Cam - great job on the leg workout yesterday. I think I can do that one without weights.

I have an appointment with my Rheum tomorrow. Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Today I did CDorner Kickboxing plus abs workout, 42 minutes, heart rate 120/149, 181 calories, 3,387 steps. I used 2# dumbbells for the weight portions Chris used 3#. This alternated a segment with Kicks and no weight and portions with the weights and ends with abs with the weights.
I then did CDorner 25 minutes toned and defined arms skipping most of the warm up so it took me 20 minutes, 70 calories, heart rate 101/121, 70 calories, 198 steps. I finished with her Beach stretch 11 minutes, 28 calories. I also used my foam roller for upper back. Total workout time was 73 minutes, 279 calories, 3,585 steps.

Toned and defined arms
done for 45 seconds each and 3 rnds changing the moves a bit

biceps curls
upright row 10's
bentover kickback 10's
curl to press 5's (didn't really want to work shoulders)
rnd 2
biceps curl pulses 10's
front raise 5's
kickbacks palms facing forward 8's
overhead triceps 1 1/2 8's
rnd 3
hammer curl 15# dbs
upright row/to front raise alternating arms 8's
triceps kickbacks with a twist 8's
half hammer/ side raise8's
Ends with iso hold moves
Biceps holds and one arm curl while holding the other as she calls it 10's
Skull Crusher with iso hold and on arm movement 8# dbs

Cam, nice job on the workout yesterday.

Roselyn, nice work with Carolyn Iron arms and abs.

Doreen, nice work on the IFit weight circuit. Have fun getting the Christmas tree.

Jolie, I am glad the PT was so much help. I hope going forward your body mends quickly. Nice work today. Enjoy your time with cousins this weekend and a break.

Belinda, nice work with Suzanne Bowen today. Most band moves for legs that are on the floor can be done standing. I know Chris did a move on the workout today on one knee with the other leg extended for abs, but she said if you could not kneel just do the standing side bend with the dumbbell. She also made suggestions to do mobility for shoulders if you could not do overhead presses on the strength workout. Cathe's Boss loops standing portion is good and gets the heart rate up some. I used the standing portion when I started back to working out after surgery and added the standing portion from a raw workout she does for lower body with loop bands. I am sure you can find things you can do, it just takes some effort and patience.
Diane - any recommendation on Chris mobility one she mention? She has so many. I checked out Boss loops stating portion, Cathe does a lot of overhead with the bands as far as I could tell and steer the pot. Not shoulder friendly. I am not allowed to do anything overhead, lateral, access. I can't move my shoulder at all. The only exercises I can do for know is biceps/triceps (no overhead). As far as the lower body goes, BW only (or I can use bands or 2 pounds only).

This morning I needed stretching so did CDorner's latest one Cool Down and Stretch Routine. This is her latest one. she uses a towel or yoga strap. This is a relaxed stretch. No down dog moves but does do some lunge moves and there is shoulder rotations and stretches in this.

Belinda, nice work today and yesterday, with lower body and your walk. As far as the workouts I skipped the segments that I could not do. I know there is a couple of the moves on Boss Bands lower that I made adjustments for. Also, Cathe does mention a change in where you hold the band if it bothers you. I am sure you would need to change the lunge with the band. I held things at my waist a lot. Also, I kind of worked pot stirrers like the PT had me do which was arm down and move the body in a circle and not the hanging arm itself. I used my body a lot for moves as opposed to using the arms as much if that makes sense. I did not rest the loop on my shoulders. My favorite CDorner stretches are the ones that do neck and shoulder stretches and mobility. The one today has lying on the floor with arms up and moving them overhead and progresses to the snow angel type move which would probably not work for you. She also lies on her back and does rotators with arms bent in an L to the sides and hands up and down rotation the shoulders. Even after a year I am still having to work to get that surgery arm far enough back to touch the floor without feeling discomfort. I am still working on that. The thing with using the bands is it saves my shoulders from picking up weights for even lower workouts. With your knees there would be a definite problem with floor work. I couldn't rest on my hands or even forearms for quite some time. I pushed a bit too hard on the plank stuff yesterday and I had forgotton how much my knee hurts when I do those side planks holding the top leg up. My knee really hurt last night and hip this morning.
I have been using this one some for my back
20 Minute Easy Back stretch | Lower back refresh routine | - YouTube

Last edited:
This morning I did the same workout Jolie did last week. I did Caroline Girvan's 15 Minute Arms & Shoulders. Great workout. I repeated two of the trisets because I wanted a bit more. This was a good workout and I liked the exercises she chose.

45 seconds on/15 off

Shoulder Press: 12's
Hammer Curls: 15's
Close Grip Press: 12's/15's
(Repeat)

Lateral Raise: 10's
Wide Curls: 12's/10's
Lying Diamond Press: 12's/15's
(Repeat)

Alternate Front Raise: 10's
Alternate Supinated Curls: 12's
Lying Triceps Extension: 12's

Single Arm Shoulder Press: 10#
Single Arm Kickbacks: 10#
Drag Curls: 12's
Side/Front Lateral Raise: 10's

31 minutes.

Then I walked on my Treadmill for .79 Miles. Total workout time was 49 minutes, burned 400 calories, did 2516 steps and HR was 131/188.

I'm in a zoom meeting so no time for personals. Hope you all have a great day and great workouts this past weekend and on Friday!!

Yesterday I took my dog for a bike ride. We did about 3 miles of trails - the longest I've done with him yet - and I thought he did really well - we just need to work on passing other dogs without trying to greet them.

This morning I did a 30 minute upper body workout.

Today I started my workout with a 30-minute TM walk uphill, traveled 1.6 miles and burned 271 calories. Next, I did a Back workout that I put together since there really isn't a workout that I particularly wanted to do today. At the end, I did all of my PT exercises with the bands and boy do I feel my back and real delts after all of these exercises. Total workout time was 62 minutes and I burned 572 calories.

Wide Grip Cable Pull Downs-
50# x 16
60# x 12, x 12, x 11

Narrow Grip Palms Facing Inward Pull Downs-
60# x 12, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Rows-
25# x 12, x 10, x 8

Deadlifts BB-
30# x 12, x 12, x 12 (go heavier next time)

1 Arm Horz. Rows-
15# x 12, x 10, x 8

Rowing Machine on the highest setting x 50 reps

PT Exercises with bands and stretches.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. I liked that workout as well; I probably will do a Caroline workout tomorrow.

Doreen, great job with the dog on the bike ride, and you dog doing well on it with other dogs.

Great job on the workouts over the weekend, I had a great time. We are getting a lot of rain and it is cold, thank goodness for a space heater in my gym this morning. If it wasn't for Christmas, I would move all my gym equipment into the house. Maybe after the holiday I will.

Make it a great day.

Today I did CDorner Super Fun Cardio Low and High Impact options, 30 minutes, 166 calories, heart rate 131/159, 3,372 steps. I did the low impact for most of it as my forefoot was really hurting yesterday and I am trying to give it and my knee a break. It does feel much better today. I then did CDorner Arms and Abs with mini bands(loops) 36 minutes, 86 calories, heartrate 80/115, 401 steps. Total time 66 minutes, 252 calories, 3,773. Last night I put 3 CDorner walk workouts in my watch later on youtube and could not find them this morning. I will have to try again.
ARMS AND ABS Mini bands
45 sec work
warm up and 1 set 10 pushups which I did on the wall since the front of my shoulders are sore
1 arm row with extras heavy band standing on the loop
standing oblique side crunch extra heavy band
plank with band on feet double knee alternating
I ditched the heavy as it was slipping and used medium second round
repeat these 3 moves
Robot arms biceps curls extra heavy band
double sprinter sit up extra heavy band
triceps kickback extra heavy band
straight leg cross crunch (used light band as it does a diagonal arm raise and is uncomfortable on the shoulder could have skipped the raise I guess)
banded lat pull from the front I used the medium band
3 pulse crossover crunch band above knees holding with tension while doing crossover
Band above knees leg drops with tension on band
band straight leg switches
stretch

Debbie, great workout this morning.

Doreen, nice work getting your dog through 3 miles of trails with you riding.

Jolie, nice job on the back workout, treadmill, and PT exercises today.

Tonight I did Michelle Briehler Power Hour. This one has a variety of moves. Fun, creative and challenging. The hour flew and consisted of weights, body weight, booty bands, pilates, cardio. It had it all. I also took a 1.5 mile walk.

Good workouts today! I am so tired. Time for bed.

This morning I did RAW Shadow Boxing 1 and had an excellent workout. However, I really miss doing workouts that make me breathless. That is so good for the lungs to push them to their limit. Not sure how I can get that with my knee the way it is. Anyways, I used my 2# hand weights.

Workout was 42 minutes, burned 408 calories (woopee!!!!), did 3720 steps and HR was 147/177.

I also did RAW Stretch Finisher. I like that one, it's 7 minutes but I extended some of the stretches and pressed pause for a few. Felt great to stretch.

So I had my follow-up knee appointment and the doctor is requesting an MRI so we can figure out what is going on. The problem has lessened, but is not gone. He thinks it could be a tear in my miniscus, but I'm sort of thinking that isn't the problem. For one, my PT did all kinds of moving my knee side to side, twisted it, turned it and no pain. She said she didn't think anything was tore. However, she is not a doctor so maybe she is wrong. I just remember when my DH and step daughter both tore their miniscus, they were in intense pain. So we'll see. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of what is causing me these issues. Hopefully my stupid insurance will now approve the MRI.

Jolie - Great job with your workout, that was a great back workout!! I'm going to look for a Caroline Chest and Back for tomorrow, I know she has lots of those out there. I wonder why she has disappeared for 4 months? Seems odd for a Youtube person. Hey, I asked you last week if you could give me some supplements that might help with brain health and heartburn. I know, weird. I've been so scattered with my thoughts lately that it is beginning to worry me. I started taking Ginko Biloba and it is helping. Is there anything else I can take? And I don't want to take antacids for heartburn, wondering if there is anything supplemental wise I can take? Thanks!!

Diane - What is wrong with your forefoot? Hope it's better. Great job with your workout! I hate when I find a workout I want to do and then can't find it again. I have started writing down the exact title so I can easily search for it if I have too.

Doreen, Roselyn & Cam - Great workouts yesterday!!

Belinda - Hope you are doing well, don't see a post from you yesterday.

Have a great one everyone!!

Hi,

Sorry I haven't checked in yesterday. I had a doc appointment. I was frustrated when I left.

Yesterday I did managed to do a TB barre workout. Today I did Caroline Iron D1 modify.

Debbie - I am still here. I am very frustrated when I left yesterday. I am wondering what's up with Caroline too? People on her FB page think she is starting online business. She is gone way too long.

Diane - thank you for the link. I will check it out.

Julie, Doreen, Cam and Roselyn have a great workout. BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.