Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2019

Debbie - I've been having trouble loading CL too. yesterday I had to push play 4 times before it finally loaded.

No workout this morning- I came home yesterday with a sore throat and headache and just slept in this morning.

I just finished Coffey Fit Raw Intervals 4 using 10# dumbbells, 43 minutes ( a bit longer because I had to reboot the internet and it repeated some of what I had just done starting from where I left off) heart rate average 137, max 179, 2.934 steps, 255 calories, met 7.0. I then did Jessica Smith Build Balance and Inner Strength: core control, 31 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 153, 1,664 steps, 167 calories, met 6.2.
Total time was 74 minutes, calories burned 422, steps 4,598.

Debbie, I just lost my internet 15 minutes into my Raw workout. Those are the frustrating things with streaming. I had to go downstairs and unplug the modem and restart everything:(. Nice work today. Thanks for posting, I looked for what I had written and do not know what I did with it so copied and pasted yours :)

Doreen, I hope that you get over that cold soon.

Today I did Cathe Live, Vertical Loading and had a fantastic workout. I love this workout, no dread factor and there is NO impact what so ever so I could do it with my slightly swollen foot. Workout was an hour, I added abs at the end and I burned 401 calories. I went lighter on a few exercises but did more reps. I do not want to deal with an injury during the holidays. I love that she changes up the rep count and rep patterns during this workout, it does not get boring.

Debbie, sorry you couldn't load CL, I had no trouble at all. That has only happened to me once so far, maybe too many people are logging in at one time and there is a capacity issue? Great job on the workout you did do, it looks like fun.

Doreen, I am sorry you are a tad under the weather today, rest is what you need for sure and you will be back to normal in no time.

Belinda, how is your knee, my ankle an foot are getting better with ice. I know how I did it, not the rolling of my ankle, I forgot to put my orthotics in my shoes the last time I walked on my TM and my foot could not handle it, it probably got strained from little support.

Diane Sue, What kind of salad are you making for Christmas at your daughters house? I am making a Cesar with a lot of garlic and lemon, shaved Parm. cheese and home made croutons. My oldest son loves it and I am making a sour dough bread stuffing with leeks and beacon. Yum! I hope you have a nice workout today.

Roselyn, I hope your hip is doing good and you are moving around as well.

BBL to read your posts.

Have a festive day! Also, pray for our President because he is not getting a fair process right now, it just makes me want to vote for him more now!

Reactions: WD
I am back. I just did Step-Boss-Step-Sync + chair stretch. I love, love Step Sync. It reminded me a little of RS, SB and some older step workouts. She even had moves in the The combos were really fun. No jumping jacks, no power 7's, YEAH! No high impact at all. Of course,if you want to jump you could. Although it wasn't high impact, I took it down a notch. My knees are still bordering me, I probably will pay for it tonight. Oh well! The chair stretch was a mix of sitting stretches and standing holding on to the chair. It was a good stretch nothing new. Still a nice stretch. Overall I give Step Sync 5 out of 5 star. I am so glad I didn't canceled my preorder. I was going to do IMAX4 but then I decided to do Step Sync. Glad I did! Off to icing my knee, lol.

Jolie - thanks for asking. I probably shouldn't have down Step Sync today. My knees are not better. I been icing them and putting some cream on it. I always have to put my my orthotics in my shoes. Glad you ankle is feeling better. I still haven't used any of my CL downloads. Great job today.

Well, I actually did a Cardio Coach workout today and I am so excited to say I did very well with it. I did CC #1 and I wrote down the last mph and inclines I did and I was able to match them today with no problems. I figured my cardio endurance would suck but it didn't. I'm sure I can thank the Max Trainer for that.

My right hamstring felt good through the whole thing except with the last challenge it got a bit tight. I stretched it out really good and hopefully it will be ok. Not sure why this issue is so chronic. Could it be my shoes? We have a place near where I live called Foot Solutions and I may go there while I'm off of work and see what they say. Maybe I can get a good pair of running shoes specifically for my feet. We'll see. I'm sure that will cost an arm and a leg.

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 319 calories, went 2.44 miles and did 5032 steps. HR was146/189. Man it felt GREAT to run again, I have missed it. People don't get why I love this so much and the reason is because I just could not run when I first started with my treadmill. It took me years to build up my cardio endurance and I finally got there and then I get injured. I hope I'll be able to do this at least once a week.

Jolie - I hope your ankle is better. I've rolled my ankle before and that is no fun. Hopefully you didn't tear or fracture anything. Nice job with your workouts, though, at least you can still lift. I want to do that 30 minute upper body you did the other day but I have to get my CL working again.

Doreen - I wonder what is going on with CL? I'm going to mess with it tonight if I have time. I tried loading that workout at least four times and it kept going back to the screen where it gives a description of the workout. Very frustrating. Nice job on your workouts, hope you aren't getting sick!!

Diane - Don't you just hate when things happen to online workouts? OMG, so frustrating. Glad you were able to get your workout in. Nice job with it!!

Belinda - Step Boss must be a new Cathe workout, you are making me want it! LOL! Sorry your knees hurt, mine get that way, too, when I do too many step workouts. Be careful!!

Roselyn - So glad to hear you are healing well. You'll be back at your cardio workouts in no time!!

Roxie - Hope you are doing well and getting ready for Christmas!!

So I just have to say I am beyond sick about the impeachment shit. I know he will be vindicated when the Senate votes it down but why are they putting him and his family through this? Well, I know why, they have NO CHANCE of winning in 2020. I hear there are a lot of democrats moving to the Republican party. Can't blame them!! I am praying for our President. This is truly ridiculous. What a clown show.

Debbie - the Step Sync is from Cathe's new series. I couldn't remember which workout I did recently that was very similar in Choreography. I think it was CL #192 Adv. Step Choreography? Except that one was high impact. I think that's the one with the 80's music. The music in CL was a lot better, IMO. Need to look at my notes since I did a few CL steps. It was a mix of all her other step workouts, noting new. Easy to follow. Still fun choreography. I really miss Cedie, Amanda and Nicole. My dvd's are coming today. Glad you feeling better. Good job on CC #1. Haven't done any of them in a long time. Should pull mine out and just walk.

Roselyn - glad you doing great.

CL 85 ICE Upper and Lower body Blast this morning. I only had to click play 2x this morning before it loaded. I think I'll try casting from the website tomorrow and see if it works better. Roku is causing the workout to jump in the video and skip ahead a second or two - just enough to get you off count with the rep pattern. Anyway - this was a fun one - very intermediate with lots of water breaks - which I needed as I felt a little dry-mouthed (probably the sore throat) this morning.

I almost forgot to post my workout. I did Step Boss Bonus step = 20 min. It was a mini Step Sync with tap slower base. There was no warm up or cool down. Than I did the Step Boss extended stretch = 10 min. Noting really new in the extended stretch. Reminded me a little of Stretch Max without the bands or ball.

The Step Boss chair stretch I did yesterday reminded me of Jessica Smith 30 Day Chair Stretch.

Today I did Step Boss Step Sync, 57 minutes, heart rate average 141, max 161, 342 calories, met 7.5, 5,720 steps. I then did Step Boss Ab Stacker, 10 minutes, met 4.5, 40 calories, heart rate average 105 , max 141, 47 steps, Step Boss extended lying stretch, 10 minutes, met 2.3, heart rate average 81, max 95, 15 steps, 20 calories, finishing with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Neck and Shoulders, 19 minutes, 36 calories, heart rate average 88, max 113, 32 steps. Total time was 96 minutes, 438 calories, 5,814 steps.
I loved Step Sync, the lying stretch was just normal stuff and some of it was sitting, I am not sure how I felt about stacker abs as it was uncomfortable, I worried about my neck holding the riser while doing superman's and it sure was uncomfortable on the hip flexors. It may grow on me so I never make the first impression the last time I do a workout (usually). I am hoping to do PHA 3 tomorrow. I will be trying to get things done to pick up my grandson early from school. I wrote down the exercises from the workout manager since the users guide is not out yet. I will be back in awhile.

Roselyn, nice that you are gradually getting some more exercises in.

Jolie, I have done Cathe's Vertical loading and liked it a lot. Maybe you are off balance from one side to the other. I know I am. I spend extra time on the side that gets tight. I don't know why our bodies do that. I bought some carbon orthotics for athletic training that are Superfeet and they are so comfy. I can sure tell the difference when I wear the pair of shoes that does not have them. They are so expensive that I have only bought one pair. I just told my daughter a green salad. Ceasar salad sounds really good. I think at least half of the family would eat it. But, then other half would probably not eat any salad:p I am getting kind of tired of all of those health sites I have subscribed to. I keep unsubscribing because they are on one kick and then they all switch to another. It is getting irritating. Now I get things saying kale is really bad for you. I have heard spinach is bad for you, our olive oil may be bad for us because it is not this overpriced olive oil they are selling. They are all starting to make me mad. Sorry about the rant. I take magnesium and eat some kale that helps with the problem of oxalates. I made an Asian dressing from one of my cookbooks and it tasted so bad. It was my fault as the toasted sesame oil was bad. I checked the date and it said 2017o_O It went in the trash and all of the dressing tossed. Yesterday I made a honey mustard dressing from the Fixate cookbook that I have used before. I may do a ceasar salad. It sounds yummy.
I pray for our president and our country and leaders every day. It really upsets me at how cold and ugly people can be.
I guess there was an argument and a shooting in one of our malls. They have locked down and are letting people out slowly. It seems they are looking for the shooter. Craziness. Not sure what all went on. Edited to add they said it is not an active shooter, but the police are letting people out in groups as they are looking for the shooter. He shot the other person in the chest.

Debbie, nice work on cardio coach. I know my husband was worried about a fitness test he took for a job and the treadmill portion. I kept telling him the way he uses the treadclimber, that treadmill would be a breeze. He surpassed what they expected on that and strength. The treadclimber is much harder than the treadmill. My internet went out again today when I was on the computer trying to write out the moves for PHA 3. I don't know what is up with that. We keep getting that.
It is hard to believe that these people are leading our country and acting like they think everyone else is ignorant and they know it all. I feel so sorry for our president.

Belinda, I liked step sync. It took me a bit to get into the groove without stepping on my own toes LOL. Once I got going it went great. I think part of it was I was trying to watch the video and not step on my dog who kept getting in the way. I thought the length of the Bonus step workout would be good for adding onto a strength workout. I doubt I will have time for that much tomorrow and want to do PHA 3. The 10 minute stretch was okay. I was glad she worked on neck and shoulders a bit and did get the hip flexors as mine were hit with the stacker abs. I needed it. My dvds will be here tomorrow. There is quite a few turns in step sync but the pace is not bad for being careful of the knees. Those things sure take a long time to heal once we injure them.

Doreen, I kept having problems with my Roku recently and finally unplugged it and rebooted it I also checked for updates, but it didn't need them. Until yesterday with the internet going out I have been fine with it. Maybe they are working to get the Step Boss workouts up into their Cathe on Demand and it is causing some problems.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that my husband ordered me the Fit Bit Versa 2 for Christmas :D I can't wait.

Today I was FINALLY able to use CL although I had to try and start the video about four times before it would load. It paused a couple times but not too bad. I decided to try the workout Jolie did earlier this week (or maybe it was last week) which was CL #234, Strong Upper Body Express. I REALLY liked it, it really gets in there and burns the muscles. I could have gone heavier with a lot of the exercises, but I'm still trying to go easy until I see what my traps do. So far, so good!!!

Lateral Raise: 24/12 reps - 5's
Lateral U's: 16/8 reps - 5's
Scarecrows: 10/8 reps - 3's
Front Raise/Pour: 8/6 reps 5's
Do this once through, then repeat

One Arm Back Fly: 10 reps - 10#
Upright Row: 10 reps - 10's
Hip Hinge Fly (1 fly): 6 sets - 10's
Upright Row: 10 reps - 10's
Hip Hinge Fly (3 flies): 6 reps - 10's

Overhead Press: 12 reps - 12's
Sweeper Curls: 10 reps - 12's
Overhead Press: 12 reps - 12's
Hammer Curl: 10 reps - 12's
Overhead Press: 10 reps - 12's
Dumbbell Curls: 10 reps - 12's

Sweeper Curls: 6 reps - 12's
Hammer Curls: 6 reps - 12's
Dumbbell Curls: 6 reps - 12's

One Arm Row (right): 16 reps - 15#
One Arm Bicep Curl (right): 10 reps - 10#
One Arm Row (left): 16 reps - 15#
One Arm Bicep Curl (left): 10 reps - 10#

Double Arm Kickbacks: 10 reps - 5's
Overhead Triceps Extension: 6 reps - 15#
Repeat
Another set of Overhead Triceps Extension: 6 reps - 15#

Close Grip Bench Press: 24 reps - 15's (killer!)
Dumbbell Press: 5 sets (1 + 1.5's) - 15's
Flies: 7 reps (15's)
Repeat but less reps for CGBP

Situps right into Pushups: 5 sets/5 reps each over and over
Reverse Curls: 24 reps fast and slow reps

FUN STUFF!! Went by really fast. Workout was 36 minutes but since I wrote everything down it took me 43 minutes plus trying to get the stupid thing to load. Burned 364 calories and HR was 151/196. It was up there the whole time.

Then I got on my Max Trainer and did the 4 minutes workout I love to do. Burned an extra 71 calories and HR was 166/195.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Good morning,

I did a light 30 min walk and SBF Christmas LB 30 min. I probably will do IMAX4 later, depending on how my knees feel. I reviewed PH3 I doubt my knees can handle over the step right now.

Debbie - great job on CL # 234. I actually bought that one a few month ago, thanks to Julie :) Next week I should be done with SBF rotation, than I will play around with CL the ones I bought.

Diane - I thought you would like Step Sync. I am glad it's a steady state cardio step workout without all the drills/high impact. I really wished she had used the music from CL instead. I think I hurt my knees with the CL one the other day with all those turns. I didn't do all those turns in Step Sync, I knew better :) The stretch wasn't anything new. I did like the base in Step Sync too. It's usually the base I go these day's.

I will be back later.

No workout yesterday, my foot and ankle were very swollen with some black and blue color to it. So, I went on YouTube and watched Chiropractors adjust ankles and feet for a few hours. Then, I did it to myself, at least my foot and I showed my husband how to do my ankle. Wow! I cant believe that I fixed it myself. I went to bed and work up with 90% of the swelling gone and all of the black and blue color is gone. My husband cant believe that I figured it out by myself without having to go to the Chiro and spend $150. Now, it might still need a professional adjustment, but I can now walk with not pain and workout. It is amazing what you can find on YouTube!

Today I did Cathe Live, Strong Upper Body Express # 234 again, I love this workout. Then I started the new CL workout, All in Upper Body and boy is this a great workout. It is about 30 or so exercises, never repeating an exercise or a rep count or a rep pattern, you never know what is coming next. I have been waiting so long for a workout like this one!!! You all have to try it. I got through Shoulders and Biceps and I loved it. I cant wait to do this workout in it's entirety, probably on Saturday. I worked out for 1 hour and burned 457 calories. My upper body is spent! :)

Debbie, I am so happy that you could do Cardio Coach again!!!! Wow, after not running for so long it is great that you did good with it! Awesome! I am so glad that you like the Express workout today. Funny that we did the same thing today. Try the workout that I tried today, All in Upper Body, you will like it because you can lift heavier if you like.

Belinda, When I was looking into how to adjust my foot and ankle, the doctors said that if you suffer from knee pain, look to the feet first. You might want to try and have your feet adjusted and see what it does to you knees. My knee was killing me yesterday and now there is no pain. Huh! Have you ever tried orthotics in your shoes?

Diane Sue, congrats on the new Fitbit for Christmas!!!!!!! My husband and my parents bought me my Treadmill for Christmas so that is good enough for me! Anything that has to do with fitness and i am a happy camper.

Doreen, try the CL workout that i tried today, All in Upper Body, it think you will like it!

It is my husbands 55th Birthday today so i am off to make cookie brownies for him, he loves them. We will go out to dinner and celebrate over the weekend because he had to work today and it is busy so he couldnt take off early.

I have to wrap presents and clean today. It is warm and sunny but a 5 day storm is coming in for Christmas with lots of rain.

Have a fabulous day my friends!

Jolie - I been wearing orthotics in your shoes for the last 2 years. Without them, my heal would kill me. I have arthritis in both of my knees. My doc said it's from running. I used to run for 10 miles. All this running was bad on my knees. I had cortisone shots in both my knees/heal. On top of everything else I had a really bad case of PF. Mine was so bad I couldn't hardly walk, probably from doing too much step workouts. A few years ago, I had to give up running. I don't have a treadmill, I used to run outside. Loved it, but my knees didn't like it. I have to be careful with step workouts especially high impact. I modify all my workouts. I should take meds for arthritis but it upsets my stomach. I stopped taking it. I started taking it again 2 day's ago, lowered the dose I am suppose to take. Walking up stairs is where I have problems. I been icing my knees to keep the swelling down. I also using a tropical ointment cream from my husband. He got it for his knees. He needs a knee replacement in Feb. Next time I see my doc I will ask him to give me that ointment too. I get new orthotics from my doctor every year. I can't walk without them in any of my shoes. I am so happy you fixed your ankle and you are pain free. What video was it? Maybe I need to google youtube, lol. Maybe I find something without going to my doctor.

CL 59 Step on it this morning. I love this one. I'm anxiously awaiting my DVDs to arrive so I wanted to do some step while I waited!!

Jolie - I think I may have done that one- I'll have to check my listsl

Today I did Step Boss PHA3, 58 minutes (extra time for notes) met 5.5, 250 calories, 1,717 calories, heart rate average 116, max 162. I really felt the calories were low on this since it was very quick paced non stop and I felt I was working hard. My readings were weird today. I then did Step Boss Bonus intermediate step which has not warm up, 21 minutes, heart rate 150 average, max 173 ??, 2,233 steps, 141 calories. I did not use the met values on this because they really did not seem right to work with the Fit Bit readings. I did not feel like I was working that hard or breathing hard for the heart rate it showed. I finished with Step Boss Extended Chair Stretch, 16 minutes, heart rate average 100, max 142 ? odd since more that half of it was seated in a chair, met 2.6, 35 calories. I am hoping the new Fit Bit Versa 2 does better.
PHA3 weights uses step with 1 riser under each side and sometimes just the platform( I used Cathe's weights unless noted)
alternating rear lunges off step some pulses 10# dbs 1st round 12# second round
arnold press with a side to side step (floor) 12# dbs
hop squat/rear llunge 1 dumbbell 12#
biceps curls 12# dbs 8 reps then then 4 reps half way down out an inch or so and back up repeat
push dips off the end of the step platform 12# dbs 16 reps
pullover/chest fly 15# dbs (I used 12#) 3 pulse flys followed by one pullover
rear slide lunges one foot on step (platform) 12# dumbbell 1 gliding disc
squat thrust plank push up gliding discs hands on step
repeat this round
Squat cross over lunge (platform only verically) 15# dumbbell 12 reps
1 arm row plank hand on step tripod position 15# db12 reps
front to back lunge (platform only) 12# dumbbells 10 reps
front/side lateral raise standing 5# dbs
sumo squat deadlift 15# dbs
push up flip around dips on step challenge 6 push ups flip aroud and do 10 dips 4 times
Repeat this group

Debbie, nice looking workout. I hear you on being cautious. I like that Jessica Smith does the rotator cuff move and scare crows from a lunge position in her Gentle yoga neck and shoulder workout. This is a move they were working on with me in PT. I am cautious though as when they tried 3# it set off a lot of pain. I am so glad I have improves as much as I have. No pain in the neck and shoulders today :) You are getting some great use out of your Max Trainer too.

Belinda, I am planning on doing Step Boss Intervals 4 tomorrow with the ab workout that is not the stacked one tomorrow. I remember you said your knee was hurting after the CL workout that you really liked. It is so easy to forget being careful when it doesn't hurt. I have to remind myself all of the time. I was careful with the crossback and over the platform today on PHA 3 because doing those crossback lunge and over (sort of curtsy back and forth) on a step was one of the things that really caused pain when I tore my miniscus. Since then I have mostly done that move on the floor. It wasn't bad with just the platform today though and I was careful. I have done so many different stretches, it is hard to find anything much different. Sometimes little changes are nice though for hitting at a different angle.

Jolie, I have watched a lot of chiropractor videos too. Usually while stretching and doing PT. Some things I would try, but when they were showing devices to traction and pull on the neck, that struck me with fear. Really even in PT sometimes I wondered if they were helping when twisting my neck around or hurting it particularly after seeing the mri shots and knowing what some of the things wrong are. I can use more space in my spine and neck for sure. The PT showed me once how to wrap a pillow case around my head and pull at an angle to help. I did not do it too many times because each time I seemed to not be helping myself. On the other hand I would work on my foot though. I am glad it took care of it for you. I have joints swell and turn color, but they list it as gout. I bet you are thrilled getting a new treadmill for Christmas. I am sure you will enjoy it. My family does not seem to get that I love fitness things. My husband saw that I had repeatedly been looking at Fit Bit on Amazon and he picked out one for me. I had two in my history. The other was the Versa light. He chose the newer more expensive one :) Now I will have Alexa in my watch.

Doreen, I hope your dvds come soon. Mine says out for delivery today, but since mail has already came and I checked informed delivery it says it left Texas today so I don't see how it is going to get on my door step today. I bet they come tomorrow.

Diane - how did you like PHA3? I almost did that one today, when I reviewed it I saw all those lunges, cross back lunges. Good for you for listen to your body and make the workout work for you. I prefer SBF stretches. Hers are different from others. Her stretches are amazing. Great job today. Maybe you need to reset your FitBit?

Belinda, I liked PHA3. I think it kept my heart rate up more than the others. It is either that or these crazy allergies are making things tougher. I only have the one Suzanne Bowen stretch dvd which I loaned to my daughter in law. I really am not wanting to subscribe to her channel as the price is pretty high. I know everyone loves her and I do like the dvd I have, that is why I loaned it to my dil to help her out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.