Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2019

This morning I did Cathe Lite Strong Body Stacked Sets Timesaver #8 which does not do shoulder. This was 28 minutes and I used Cathe's weights. heart rate was 110 average, 134 max, met 5.90, 118 calories, 624 steps. I then did Cathe Lite Abs 2, 10 minutes, heart rate average 110, max 136, 29 steps, met 5.0, 30 steps. I finished with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga: neck and shoulder flow, 43 calories. Total time 57 minutes, 191 calories, 680 steps. I picked up my grandson from early release at school and have the two grandchildren staying with us the weekend while their parents are on an anniversary trip.
I got the report in the mail on the heart CT scan and they added that there was a nodule on my lung that showed and to make an appointment with a pulmonary doctor. My daughter says the size is not big. I wish all of these things would quit showing up.

Jolie, yes, those tests take a long time my two mris were about 45 minutes each. although I did not endure the second one on the shoulder for the full time as I was in pain.

Debbie, I am glad you are feeling well and getting back into the workouts.

Belinda, I really need to revisit more of the older workouts. I started to for awhile and then ended up on some other path when something new came along.

Doreen, glad you found another workout to add to your list. I often find it difficult when doing an upper and lower move at the same time because I can go much heavier lower body.

Good morning,

This morning I walk 2 mile. I probably will do another mile later today to get my steps in.

Debbie - glad you starting to feel better. Good job on your workout.

Jolie - thank you! I agree with you about walking. I always can walk without pain. Happy birthday to your mom. Glad you had a great visit with your mom. I am glad your appointment went well and your doctor is positive. I have to look up the Yvette workout you did the other day. Sounds like it got you good.

Diane - glad you got your CT scan test. Sorry you are going through all this. I will keep you in my prayers.

Doreen - glad you liked your workout.

Roselyn and Roxie - hope you doing well.

I will be in DC today. See you all tomorrow.

Reactions: WD
Today I walked on my Treadmill, 45 minutes, 7.5 incline, 3.2 speed, 2.5 miles and I burned 448 calories. I watched a Madonna concert from the 90's and it made the time go by fast! I find it I watch or listen to something new that time just flies by.

Belinda,
great job getting the walk in this morning too! I took my dog for a walk early so that was another mile that I do every day as well.

Diane Sue, I hope you have fun with your grand children, my kids always loved visiting their Grammy and Papa, actually, they still do!

I hope you all have a great day. BBL to read your posts.

Good morning,

I did SBF core and walked 2 miles.

Jolie - l love walking. How many miles do you walk daily? Great job yesterday.

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

I was going to try to do a 20/20/20 workout today. I started with the bike and did 275 wheels of steel... But at 20 minutes we were in the middle of a set so I finished that at 25 minutes. Then I tried out a dvd from the next fitness star Nikki Metzger so 20 minutes of metabolic weights (they are only 20 minutes workouts) and finished with a 20 minute gymbox stretch.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! It went by way too fast. Can't wait until Friday! I will be off until Jan. 2nd!! Woo hoo!

Today I did one of my favorite workouts - RAW Box & Pump 2. Love the music in this one and had a blast doing it today. I had to be at work a half hour early so I only had time for this workout. But it was perfect.

Warmup/Boxing Drill
Squat Rows: 12's - 16 reps
Run Rows: 8's - lots of reps

Boxing Drill
Overhead Press: 12's - 16 reps
Lateral Raise (but she does them weird): 8's - 16 reps

Boxing Drill
Overhead Triceps Extension: 12# - 16 reps
Run Kickbacks: 8's - lots of reps, I didn't do them all

Boxing Drill
Chest Flies: 12's - 16 slow reps
Run Press: 8's - lots of reps
Ab work: 8's
Hammer Curls: 12's - 16 reps
Run Curls: 8's - lots of reps.

Fun stuff! Workout was 41 minutes, burned 336 calories and did 3228 steps. HR was 146/185. Had a great HR range but didn't start sweating until the very end. Winter makes a huge difference with my body and sweating.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

CL 203 Lower body confusion today - I only did 44 minutes before my headphones died so I stopped there. This was lower body with some weights, some barre, some cardio with loops - just about everything. I did all the jumping jacks on the rebounder.

Today I did CL # 234 Strong Upper Body Express, 36 minutes and burned 296 calories. This is using lite weights but the way that Cathe layers on the exercises you think you might just die at the end! Working Chest at the very end is so difficult, I could barely bench 15's :) You all should try this one if you are short on time, it really works each muscle so good!

Debbie, I bet you are looking forward to you Christmas break! Nice job on the workout today, it sounds fun.

Doreen, bummer your head phones died! Still you got in a good workout, I say anything over 40 minutes is a plus.

Belinda, What is SBF? I am glad you got in a walk too! I rolled my ankle yesterday getting out of the car on a hill and it is swollen today:( No walking till it feels better.

BBL to read your posts. Have a nice day.

This morning was Lite Metabolic Blast, 41 minutes, 202 calories, met 5.7, heart rate 121 average, max 160, 1,407 steps. I also did Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga: Chest and Back Flow, 24 minutes met 2.0, 38 calories. Total time was 66 minutes, calories burned 240, 1,414 steps. I used Cathe's weights for most of the Metabolic Blast workout. I upped from 5's to 8's on a couple that did not have overhead shoulders added.

Julie - sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope with lots of rest you feel better soon. I am icing my knee a few times a day. I probably shouldn't be walking either :( Sorry! SBF stands for Susanne Bowen Fitness. I been doing her barre workouts for the last 3 years.

Debbie - your workout looks great. WTG!

Diane - nice job this morning.

Today I did RAW R&R May, this is the one with alternating cardio with boxing. I probably should stay away from boxing for a while because I still have a little crick in my neck, but it really doesn't seem to be making it worse. I did this workout on my treadmill for the cardio, I did light jogs, some running and some hills and the boxing part I just did as shadow boxing. Fun stuff. I can finally run without my hamstring hurting, it doesn't bother me at all now. Over a year ago I did that. I'm wondering if I could try a Cardio Coach? I miss doing those.

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 386 calories, went about 1.5 miles on the treadmill, did 5410 steps and HR was 149/178. Was sweating pretty good with this one.

Hopefully I'll be back later for personals. My evenings are crazy this week but hopefully tonight I can do them. Have great workouts everyone!!

CL 276 All In Upper Body this morning. I'm feeling a bit of a tickle in my throat this morning- must be getting a cold. Ugh. This was a superset of 10 exercises for shoulders and Biceps, then 10 exercise superset for Triceps and Chest and then 10 exercises for back. Its a good upper body workout - moves quickly from one exercise to the next so I didn't even bother to try to write them down.

Debbie- is Cardio Coach still available? I've never tried them.

My workout is finished. I have to hurry and get some things done because I got a surprise request this morning to pick up my grandson. I have calls I need to make. Anyway my workout was Lite Rev'd Up Rumble + the calorie crush, 51 minutes, heart rate average 131, max 161, 310 calories, met 7.0, 4,294 steps. I then did Lite Abs 2, 10 minutes, heart rate average 101, max 137, 55 steps, met 4.5, 40 calories. I finished off with Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga: Knees and Hips flow and part of the neck and shoulders, 29 minutes, heart rate 88 average, max 126, 95 steps, 53 calories. Total workout time was 90 minutes, 403 calories, 4,444 steps.

Doreen, I hope you don't get a cold. I have my cardio coach workouts downloaded and put on CD's.

Debbie, I like that Ripped and Ride workout. I previewed the December one and it is cardio with upper body weight work. I wrote it down somewhere :)

Belinda, nice work today. Keep taking care of that knee.

Roselyn, glad things are going well and you are able to work in some walking.

No workout today, my ankle is swollen, only a little pain but I was supposed to walk and I thought I better not. I have so much to do for Christmas, maybe this is God's way of telling me to do this instead of working out!

Have a nice day and great job on your workouts! I decided at the last minute I would host Christmas Day so now I have really put myself in a stressful situation. No one helps so it's all me. Lots to do. I am ordering pies so at least I don't have to make those myself! LOL Thank you Marie Calendars.

Jolie, you will probably still be on your foot a lot just doing things for Christmas. It seems my daughter is doing the bulk of the preparation for our family Christmas which will be at her house. I am making a dutch apple pie and a pumpkin pie and taking a salad. There was no salad on Thanksgiving and I missed it. I like putting some turkey on my salad and eating it that way. I also missed that no one bought a fruit pie. So, those things were my choice to take. We host a lot and it can sure be a lot of work planning and getting the house ready. Take care of your foot. I woke with my right heal hurting this morning. It felt better after I stretched and stuff this morning, but then this evening I noticed it when I was walking around. Odd, as I did metabolic weights yesterday and stretching.

Good morning,

SBF LB barre workout and walk is done. Have a Ortho appointment this morning.

Jolie - sending you lots of healing vibes and a stress free hosting party.

Debbie - great job as always.

Roselyn - glad to hear you are in no pain and on your way to recovery.

Diane - nice work yesterday.

Doreen - nice job yesterday.

Waving Hi to the rest of the gang. I will be back later.

This morning I wanted to do CL #234, the one Jolie did earlier this week but I am still having trouble loading the workouts. I can sign in, but once I select the workout it takes me back to the main screen. I tried logging out and logging back in and of course my password is a million character long so it said it was incorrect after I put it all in. ARRRGGG!!! I will try again later, I wonder what is wrong with it?

So I decided to do RAW R&R December. What a fun workout, I loved it and so glad I did it. Next time I will get on one of my machines because the boxing part didn't really get my HR up that much. I wish Kelly would do more kicking, not sure why she doesn't?? But it was still fun.

Everything was 30 seconds but she repeated things a couple times. She uses 10# dumbbells or a 20# barbell for this workout. I definitely could have gone up to 12's.

I used 10# dumbbells for whole workout. 30 seconds each exercise with no rest.

Boxing segment

Biceps - 21's
Push/Press
Double Arm Row/Stand:
REPEAT again

Boxing

Hammer Curls
Upright Row
Double Arm Row

Boxing

Hammer Curls
Upright Row
Double Arm Row

Boxing

Skull Crusher
Chest Press
Situps
Situps
Chest Press
Skull Crushers

Boxing

Repeat last section of chest and tri's again.

Workout was 37 minutes, burned 322 calories, did 2015 steps and HR was 154/207 but honestly, I don't feel like I was that spent. My HR was up that whole workout and I'm not sure why. Sort of worrisome.

Then I got on my treadmill and walked for 15 minutes, burned 116 calories, went .81 miles and did 1985 steps. HR was129/186. Again, I was only walking so my HR should not have hit 186. Not sure what was going on. I need to take my blood pressure later today.

Doreen - I'm not sure if you can still get Cardio Coach online to download. I've had them for years and have them on several things like a stick, CD, my two laptops. I was always afraid I would lose them. LOL!!

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.