Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for December 2019

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

Can't believe it's already December. Yesterday DH and I took our dog for a long walk, it was cold outside. I thought my ears gonna fall off, lol Need to remember to bring a hat or something for my ears. Got up early to get my workout in before DH and I headed out for today. Today is my 36th Anniversary :)

I did a 20 min SBF stretch.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Reactions: WD
I ended up canceling my Cathe downloads only on Black Friday I did ended up keeping my DVD + download order after emailing Cathe's customer service, she convinced me to keep it:) I shall see what those premixes are like. I hope I like them. Even my kids agreed I should keep my preorder since I don't stream and my internet isn't the best sometimes. I thought I was done with DVD's, lol.

Good Afternoon,

#98 Fight Club from Morning Meltdown is done not sure what I will do next not really interested in the new barre workouts they are releasing. I finally was able to get the schedule for everyone done for the next two weeks so I feel a little better but some people are not going to like it. DH put our Christmas tree up Friday and I finished decorating it today.

Good morning,

Gym Style Chest & Triceps Superset premix - 31 min is done. I will go for a short walk shortly.

Roxie - nice job yesterday. Great job getting the schedule done for everyone.

Have a great workout and day everyone.

I can't believe it's December either. Goodness, only 3 more weeks for shopping. I have a few gifts but not much yet. :(

Again, I walked on my treadmill this morning. I didn't do too bad after the step workout I did on Friday, just some tightness and the knots are still there. Yesterday I didn't use the therapy ball thinking maybe doing it so much is making it worse? I feel about the same today and after doing the walk/jog on the treadmill, the tightness was back and my right side was feeling it. The last couple of days it's been my left side. W - T - F? So sick of it.

Anyways, workout was 46 minutes, burned 332 calories, went 2.5 miles and did 5721 steps. HR was 124/178. At least I am not gaining weight, the walking seems to be trimming me up, actually.

Have great workouts everyone! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!

Just dragging this morning. I didn't feel well yesterday - something I ate I think. I did CL 38 Low Impact Hiit Circuit. I kept the weights on the compound moves light but this was still really hard for me this morning. Just tired I guess.

I'm really proud of myself.... There were several new workouts or programs that were on Black Friday sales that I convinced myself NOT to buy!!

I am back and so glad to be home and working out again. It was so cold and it snowed every day I was there, I couldn't get myself to workout, I was afraid I would get sick. I had the best time with my son and I sat through the entire football game in 20 degree weather! I ate too much bar food and drank too much wine but had the best time ever. Today I did Cathe Live, Glassboro Road trip and it really felt good to lift again. I hadn't lifted weights in over a week and boy was I weak! The highest I used were 20# DB for Chest Press while Cathe was doing pushups. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 410 calories. I like this workout and go back to it time and time again.

Belinda, great job on the workout today. I know what you mean about your head getting cold on a walk, i would wear a stocking hat if i were you, there are so many sick people, i dont want you to get sick. Did you pre order that Step Boss series? The weighted workout that was posted looks great!

Debbie, i have to go back and read your posts from last week, did you lift any weights and how did you feel afterwards? I am super sore today, i think it is the way that i sleep is what hurts my back and hips, i am a side sleeper. I am glad that you got to walk today, i just love to walk on the TM. I have not lost any weight lately so i am hoping the walking will start to lean me out again.

Doreen, great job holding off buy more workouts on the Black Friday sales, but there is always today on Cyber Monday LOL! I love buying programs but only if i use them. Is there anythig new that looks good to you?

Diane Sue, i will check back later to read your post.

Roselyn, how is the recovery going? I bet you will be good as new in no time and better than ever!

Have a wonderful day. I have two Christmas present bought so far, i am way behind.

Have a nice day.

Jolie - sorry about the cold :( I hate the cold. Glad you had fun with your son. It's freezing cold here in WV. Yes, I preordered Step Boss Series when Cathe announced it. Was going to cancel my preorder, ended up keeping it. Haven't bought any dvd's in years. The clips look good so far.

Last edited:
Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Box and Pump 3 Lower Body. This was a really fun workout. I know I will be using it quite a lot. I had previewed it yesterday and wrote down the format. This was 58 minutes, heart rate 130 average, 170 max, 3550 steps, 319 calories, met 6.0. I used Kelly's weights. I also did Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga neck and shoulder flow 19 minutes, 35 calories, met 2.0, heart rate average 90, max 106, 10 steps. I really like the two segments I have purchased. I would like to get the lower body flow. Total time was 77 minutes, 354 calories, 3,560 steps.
Feeling lousy today. My fever has came back and I coughed so hard my neck, shoulders, and chest are all sore. I called to try to get an appointment this afternoon and got the answering machine saying they were out to lunch 11-1, but I called at 2:40. I forced myself to go out bundled up and bought some Sambuca melts. More vitamin C. I had another C show up from Amazon that has zinc and some B vitamins in it after I came back from the store. No workout Sunday.

RAW BOX AND PUMP 57:23 minutes boxing upper body and lower weights
32# barbell, 12# and 10# dumbbells are used and near the end a loop band was used.
BOXING
Squats barbell
Squat 12# dbs
plie hold lit heels 10# dbs held together in front
BOXING
Barbell deadlift 32#
Reverse lunges 12# dbs
Good Mornings dumbbells on shoulders knees bent 10# dbs
BOXING
Front Lunge 32# barbell
Bulgarian Split Squats 12# dbs option of using a bench or step or doing on the floor
Curtsy Lunge 10# dbs
BOXING
Loop band work
side to side step
squat side to side
kick leg back alternating
BOXING
Loop Band Work
Side lying clam shell
Bridge with loop open and close knees
Stretc

Roxie, that is great that you got the schedule done. I got my tree up a week ago so it would be done for Thanksgiving.

Belinda, nice work on the Gym Styles. I hope you had a nice walk.

Debbie, I wondered if I was causing more inflammation from all of the rolling and PT. But, when I didn't do it it was tight and some areas hurt the next day. I skipped several times this last week getting a decent stretch in because of guests, cooking, being sick and activities. Yesterday I did nothing. Laid around most of the day with neck roll. I would have liked to have done both the neck and shoulder flow and chest and back this morning, but I really needed to get myself pulled together. The neck and shoulder helped some tightness.
For some reason I have read on PT and at PT it is supposedly improving if the painful tight areas moves central. I guess that is a goal? I am not sure. Mine has kind of wanted to move to the opposite side we were working on. Even though there were moves for the one side only, I did some on the opposite side as well. Maybe I shouldn't have.

Doreen, I think when we are feeling somewhat rundown the workouts are harder. That is the way I felt with Jessica Smith Cardio Abs the other day.

Jolie, your body was probably working plenty hard enjoying the game and trying to stay warm. I would have had to have some thermals on under my clothes. I bet doing a workout felt good though. Glad you had so much fun.

Roselyn, sending you wishes for fast healing.

Last edited:
Good morning,

Gym Style Back & Bicep premix #2 = 35 min is done. I also did SBF abs.

I will be back to catch up on personals.

CL #71 Pedal to the Metal this morning. This was fun - only one long hill and then the rest was surges, jumps, sprints, a couple tabatas, etc.

Roselyn - Best wishes on your recovery - I hope everything is progressing as expected!

Jolie - Not really new - just programs that were released a couple years ago back on sale by Jill Coleman of JillFit - her FastPhysique and PhysiqueFinishers programs. Which I know both of them are set up like hiit workouts where you do 3-5 exercises for 5-10 rounds and I really don't stick to those types of workouts very well. And then Michelle Dozios released her new program - One on One with Michelle. But on that the previews looked too basic - like stuff that's all been done before. Though I really like Michelle's workouts.
I did get an email from Studio Sweat on Demand about a new program they are doing EB30X Shock by a guy from Chicago that looks really fun but we'll see. I did 3 months of SSoD earlier this year and its hard to pick stuff to do on their platform because you don't know what you are getting into. (Descriptions are vague and hard to interprete)

Debbie - hope your injury is healing too and you can get on your treadmill for a workout! I keep hearing how walking is so good since it sends different metabolic signals to the body (or something like that).

My friend is here to visit and pick up some workout dvd's I no longer can do. She is going to be here until next week. We did CL #272 Love Me Some Kickboxing. It was very fun, did all the high impact jumping on my rebounder. Worked out great. Really liked the kickboxing combos a lot.

Debbie - I had a massage this weekend, I ask the girl why I get this knots in my shoulders. She ask me if I sleep on that side, which I do. Not sure if that is causing it or not? Never heard of that one before. She shouldn't get all the knots out in my right shoulder. I am going to reschedule for a shoulder/back only massage in a few weeks. Hope you feel better soon.

Jolie - did you sign up for CL again? Great job with your workout yesterday.

Diane - nice workout yesterday. Hope you had a nice day yesterday. My walk was cold.

Roselyn - wishing you a speedy recovery.

I was supposed to walk today but I have the chills and did not want to push it and get sick so I just took my dog for a walk. I over slept by and hour too, right through my alarm, so I guess I need the rest, even though I took 5 days off last week. I have so much laundry and cleaning to catch up on that will keep me busy today.

Belinda, I renew my CL membership every month, it is only $10 so I just let it roll month to month. I use it every workout if I am not on the TM so it is worth it. I gave myself some time off from Yevettes workouts because they were too high impact for my back injury right now. Have fun with your girl friend this week.

Doreen, great workout today on the spin bike. I am going to look into Beach Body to see what is coming out for the new year. I would love to find something new to do in January.

Roselyn, I am glad that your rehab is going well.

Debbie, I hope you are feeling good today and have a great workout.

Diane Sue, maybe you should take a break from working out while you are not feeling well? I am right there and i refuse to let it get bad like last year. Since i flew to see my son, there are always sick people on the planes so i have to be careful that i dont push it too hard and get sick.

BBL to read your posts. Have a nice day.

I just found out that my sister and BIL from Germany are coming to visit us next year. It's their first time coming to DC area. Every time I talk to my sister on the phone she kept asking when are you guys coming to Germany :) I told her first they have to come to the US and visit us, lol. Last time I visit Germany was 3 years ago. They will stay for 2 weeks. My nephew is also planning on coming around the same time. He will let me know by Feb 2020. I am going to have a full house next year. I am so excited!!

Jolie - sorry to hear you are not feeling well today.. Fell better soon. Something is defiantly going around. DD is very sick too. Would it be cheaper if you get a 6 month subscription with 15% off right now? I was going to sign up I see so many people having problems with CL. Maybe I will wait until the New Year? I am sure Cathe will offer another discount. Than on the other hand I will have her new dvd's. For now I will enjoy doing CL with my friend. She wants me to do it every day until next week, not sure if I have time or not. Plus, I workout early in the mornings with DH already plus I do my barre workouts every day. BTW, Beachbody is having a huge sale (not sure if it's still going on?) Maybe you want to check it out.

Last edited:
Hi all. Got on my treadmill again today. I'm feeling pretty good. I might try the Box & Pump 3 that Diane did today tomorrow. I'll go light with the weight, but I am worried about the boxing moves. I won't be wearing my weighted gloves.

Workout today was 45 minutes, burned 343 calories, went 2.61 miles and did 5825 steps. HR was 130/176. I did another walk/jog workout.

I'll be back later for personals.

Today I am still enduring the coughing. My ribs hurt and it is hard on my neck. At least the fever seems to be gone. I canceled my CT heart scan and made it for Monday and made a doctor appointment for tomorrow. I am not going to spend the entire Christmas season with a sinus infection or something like I did last year.
I did a lighter Jessica Smith Cardio from YouTube, 30 minute Power Walk was actually 32 minutes and took me 40 since I had to stop and answer the phone when the Heart Hospital called me back. I forgot to pause my watch. This was 212 calories, met 6.0, heart rate 127 average, 177 max, 2,662 steps. I keep have been getting high max heart rates lately and I think it is when I have coughing fits. After this I did Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga back and chest flow, 22 minutes, 36 calories, 27 steps. Total time 62 minutes , 248 calories, 2689 steps.

Doreen, nice work. I would not like a platform where I was not sure what I was getting in to. I think I would be anxious to dump it.

Belinda nice work on the Gym Styles. Are you doing a rotation with them? Or just this week? That is wonderful that your sister and brother in law are coming to visit from Germany. I am sure you are really excited. Have a great visit with your friend.

Debbie, I did not wear the boxing gloves and I tried to use my body a bit more and not do extreme punches. I think the breaks with the weights helps. Normally I would have went a bit heavier, but not when I am building back up.

Jolie, fortunately I am not having chills so far today. I understand being shut in a closed place like a plane would pass viruses around.

Diane - I am not following a rotation. DH and I were suppose to go for a long weekend this week, had to cancel the trip. DH mom is in hospice it's not looking good. Her kidneys and organs are shutting down. I am trying to figure out what I will do next week? I may take my friends offer and try a few CL with her. I still haven't done any of the ones I bought a few month, lol. Keep forgetting about those. I am super excited my sister and brother in law are coming. I talked to my sister they are excited as well. If we are not moving I will visit Germany and stay a few weeks.Maybe take it easy and relax. Your workouts will be here when you feel better.

Last edited:
Back for personals:

Jolie - The only weights I lifted last week was like 10# dumbbells and 8# dumbbells, nothing extreme. I felt about the same the day after so at least it didn't get bad again. I am slowly getting better, I am just itching to get back to my workouts. It's been 4 weeks I've been dealing with this. I hope you feel better soon, sorry you got sick. :(

Diane - I am still not sure I will do Box & Pump tomorrow. I'm worried about throwing punches, although I did it a bit with the Step 3 workout and I was no worse for wear. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. Glad to see you getting in weights again, I just hope you can get rid of that cough. If you can get your doctor to write a prescription for cough medicine with codein, do it. It works wonders for me, especially at night when I want to sleep. I hate coughing, that is the worst. And I hope it doesn't trigger your shoulder/neck pain again. Also, I have noticed the knots keep moving, from one side to the other, it's weird. What does it mean for them to move central? Like it the middle of your back? Right now I have a pinch in my neck on the right side, it feels like I slept wrong. I still have some knots but not half as bad as they were. Heat seems to be working.

Roselyn - So glad to hear your recovery is going so well, hope you aren't in much pain anymore.

Belinda - Great job on your workouts lately, you are really getting some good ones in!! Have fun with your friend this week and how cool about your sister visiting next year! My mom's family in Italy (my cousin and aunt) were supposed to come visit us this past summer but never did. Not sure what happened. I am a side sleeper as well, but I don't think that is what caused this on me. I know it was an exercise move Kelly did in one of the RAW workouts I did about a month ago. I won't be doing that exercise ever again.

Doreen - I like walking too. It does seem to burn some fat and I always can keep pretty trim when I walk. I read while walking and it makes the time go fast. Great job with your workouts.

Roxie - Hope you are doing great and your job is getting less stressful.

Good evening everyone!

Debbie, I think that when the pain moves more central is that it means things are getting better since the traps are not trying to do the necks work since the neck is weak or has atrophied. Here is an article that will help understand what is going on. Besides my PT mentioning it, I think it was the Robin Mckenzie book that I read it in. I don't have the book or I would send you a copy of that part. I just check it out from my library digitally when I want to look at it again.
Those chin tucks and PT exercises are meant to strengthen the inner neck muscles. I had to learn not to tighten the wrong muscles while doing the chin tucks. Doing them more gently. She had me use my fingers to push my chin down and back. If you sleep on your side you might put a small pillow under your torso to raise your body up so your shoulder is not getting your weight on it while you are sleeping. I have done that and slept on one side all of the time and I think that has not helped my neck or my shoulder. Now I try to stay on my back. I lay a pillow next to me to remind me or use it under my torso. Better for the neck on the back anyway. That pain improved so much when I stayed on my back.
I do have some cough syrup that is a blend of codeine and dexromethorphen. I used some two nights this week. This was one of the rare times my Fit Bit said I had good sleep instead of just fair. I got it from urgent care last year when I had the sinus infection. It is almost gone and I did not take any last night because I thought that would not be a good idea when I am getting a heart CT . It lowers the heart rate. As it is they said no caffeine before I come in. I changed the appointment to Monday so I could probably get away with a dose tonight though. Although I am going to the doctor tomorrow.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.