Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2020

I did Boxfit workout 2 this morning - I was having trouble with getting my headphones to connect and by the time I figured that out I only had time for 30 minutes!

Today I did Kelly Coffey's new dvd Box Fit workout #3 special which is both workouts alternating boxing with body parts till it gets to the floor for chest and abs and she does two boxing segments then finishes on the floor. I liked it. Total time was 61 minutes(53 actual as I was writing some stuff down and need to redo my sheet I had typed up) 245 calories, heart rate 116/172, 3,146 steps. I will be back later to do more than skim posts.
Workout #3 Box Fit Special
53 minutes timed 2 pair dumbbells I used 10's for lights and 15's for the rest except chest where I used 12's
w/up
Boxing combo
Back heavy 15# dbs
lawn mower single arm 14 reps
dbl arm row/stand 10 reps
plie 1 1/2 10reps 15's
repeat
Boxing combo
Triceps light weight 10# dbs
single arm overhead press 18 reps
dble arm kickbacks 16 reps
slalom squats 36 reps
repeat
Boxing combo
shoulders lights 10# dbs
bent over lateral raise 10 reps
lateral raise 9 reps
upright row 10 reps
front back lunge right 9 reps
repeat with front back on left side
Boxing segment
Boxing segment
Heavy dbs 12# dumbbells with hips up
pullover
flies
bench press
hip lifts
repeat
Abs 15# db
crunches, full sit up, russian twist, non weight explosive sit up
repeat
stretch

Last edited:
Today I started to walk again on my TM, my heel pain has subsided quite a bit but now it is a little swollen. My husband and I think it can be two things, first, my chiro adjusted my heel the last time and maybe that aggravated it or my new running shoes. Both of these things are right around when the pain started. I am going to get different shoes and see if that is it. Todays workout was TM, 45 minutes, 5.5 incline, 3.2 speed, traveled 2.3 miles and burned 423 calories. It is so hot and humid here today, my gym room was hot and I really had to work for this workout. We might have at least 10 more days of this weather, I cant believe it!

My son went to his friends house for a party on Saturday night. He decided to leave and go to a FRAT party. Just after he left the guy that he was just at his house got shot in the stomach. A bunch of guys came in and shot him at close range! My sons friend is on the football team too. If got a text Saturday at 1:30 am to get a hold of my son to make sure he was safe. WTF! You send your kids off to college to get an education and to keep them safe and busy and this is going on now days. I cant believe it. The young man is in the hospital and will survive thank the lord.

Debbie, I too loved that workout and will be going heavier the next time now that I know what is coming next. I am going to try to do as many total body workouts as I can per week, my legs really need it. Everyone in the end could get covid, just like the flu. The death rate is really low so if your not a senior or with under lying health issues is really isn't an issue. Most people that have had it say the flu is worse.

Belinda, I need to get up earlier now to get my workouts in before it gets too hot! Nice job on the workout today. I found this lady on Instagram and love her, she is a dietitian and works outs and all of that. He has great meal plans, workouts, you should check her out. amandanighbertrd . She has the best food ideas and I am going to try some of the recipes and workouts.

Diane Sue, Did you and Doreen do the same workout today? Great job, that on looks great!

Doreen, Great job on the workout today. Do your kids start school today, my friend that lives in CO Springs, her kids started today. Must be nice, it is on line only here in Southern CA.

BBL to read other posts. Make it a great day.

Belinda, that was a great walk you took yesterday. Nice work starting a new rotation from Cathe. I am sure that is a good way to work through some of her dvds. We have so many :)

Jolie, I am so sorry the house did not work out for you. How disappointing. I saw it has been really hot there. It is hot and humid here. Just trying to do some things in the garage yesterday left me soaking wet. After the family left from our birthday gathering my husband went out to trim hedges and I was taking care of some things outside and hunting down a staple gun to cover a bench. I came in to cool down and went back out later. The rain only intensified the humidity. Nice work on the upper body bootcamp.

Debbie, great workout today. That is scary that the virus is going around the assisted living center. So are they actually sick? I have only heard stuff online and television for the most part of people that have got the covid virus. When we had our ladies game day one of the ladies mentioned someone that used to go to their church that had it. I just don't know about the masks doing much. Maybe a little? I don't know. It is basically the same thing as SARS from what I have read. They did not go through all of this with that. I am not excited about being forced to be some of the trial people for a vaccine either!! An author that I follow on facebook and read her stuff had it. She did the at home test and stayed in for a couple of weeks. She had to send in a picture after it was over showing she was alive and well so she took one out on her deck in her sun hat enjoying the lake. I just don't like the idea of being monitored by those people. I don't get monitored when I have the flu. I sure hope your husband stays well. So many mixed feelings on the situation. Also, why do some other countries seem to be doing well and getting over it? It seems we are doing everything we can to drag it out longer. If it wasn't so political and conflicting info and stats it would not make it what it seems. The more they test the more they seem to find positive. So some of the residents are getting it too? That is terrible. I made two large cheesecakes for yesterday. My oldest daughter called and they had a flood in their house. Apparently my grandson had mentioned that the toilet ran over when they were going out the door for church. My daughter not realizing it was continuing to run said they would clean it up when they got home. They had a mess. So, they did not make it. Then my grandson that was supposed to come and try to bring his girlfriend didn't come. There was still a lot of us and I sent a huge chunk of cheesecake with my granddaughter so she could give it to her Dad today at his actual birthday. They had to go pick out carpet today because the carpet was destroyed. Some of the wood flooring was wet. Crazy when those unexpected things happen.

Doreen, same workout today :) I am trying the premixes this week that combines both. I did notice today that the special workout #3 did not have biceps in it. Some were questioning that on the Train Smart facebook. I guess maybe the longer mix on that dvd may have all of both. I will check eventually.

I forgot to mention that Kelly put her Monday workout on the App that is Raw All about glutes and she also put the boxing and lower egg weight workout up from the online road trip :) Either one will work for me as today's was mostly upper body work. :)

I did the cathe live push/pull saturday Debbie that is a good one

Just been relaxing walking the hills of Branson so happy last summer was not as easy with my bad hip

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

Today was cardio of choice on the schedule. I went for a 3 mile walk.

Jolie - sorry about your heel pain. I hope you find relieve soon. I know you been dealing with this for way to long. Holy smokes on your son's friend. Has this happened before? This is scary :( I have to walk early or I pass out from the heat. Even in the summer I like being outdoor. Thanks, I will check the lady out on Instagram.

Diane - good job yesterday. I still have so many still in shrink-wrap workout dvd's. They just sitting there for years. I also need to work through them eventually.

I will be back later.

Say a prayer for me today, everyone, I have my interview at 3.

Today I did Kelly's RAW Box & Legs that is one of her road trip workouts. I don't get the "road trip" thing, though? I didn't see other people there doing her workout? Anyway, really fun workout with boxing drills and leg drills. Unfortunately I had to skip the last boxing and leg drill because I ran out of time. This was a 60 minute workout and next time I'll have to start it right at 5:30 or a bit before. Loved it!!

Workout was 52 minutes, burned 348 calories, went 4695 steps and HR was 129/171.

Doreen - Great job with Box Fit yesterday!

Jolie - I thought you bought those new shoes because of your heel problem? I've been having a lot of issues with my arch lately and I've bought 2 pairs of expensive cross training shoes and nothing helps. Some days are worse than others. I hope if you buy new shoes it helps. I don't know the answer to these stupid feet problems. It has been hot and humid here all summer, I'm tired of it. But I'll take this over winter any day. I am looking forward to the fall weather, though. Great job on your treadmill workout! Holy crap about your son's friend and that party. What is wrong with the world, there are so many shootings going on in Cleveland that it feels like it's Chicago. Little kids are dying due to drive by shootings daily. So scary. We need God back in our society,

Diane - Yes, he said 8 more people tested positive when all was said and done of the last testing round. My DH is really extra careful at work, he has always been a germaphobe so he knows what to do. But still, scary stuff. I'm not sure about getting the vaccine either, and I hope they don't mandate it. If everyone around me takes it then I should be safe, right? LOL!! This whole things is so ridiculous and getting old fast. I don't know why some countries are almost cleared of the virus although I'm hearing now that some are seeing the numbers again. I need to email my cousin in Italy and see how they are doing, I haven't heard from him in a while. I heard from Pres. Trump that Arizona is pretty much safe now, not sure if that is true since the media won't tell us anything other than the gloom and doom stuff. I feel so bad about his brother passing away, the media hasn't even mentioned it much, only once did I hear it on our local news. If it was Obama's brother there would be weeks of talk, funerals and TV specials. Good grief!!

Roselyn - Yes, Push/Pull heavy weights was a good one!! Glad you tried it.

Belinda - It has been extremely hot here as well although this week we are seeing a cool down for a couple days. Great job with your 3 mile walk!

Have a great day everyone!

I am going to do one of Kelly's new Raw workouts she put up last night. One is an hour and the other 40 minutes. No grandchildren today. I got up and my daughter had texted me saying my grandson was sick to the stomach at 4 am and she is staying home with him and will be able to follow her stuff virtually for her in service.

Jolie, that is terrible about your son's friend and so worrisome. I am glad to hear that your son's friend is going to be okay.

Belinda, nice that your walk is done.

Debbie, I just saw your post. Nice work today. I am eyeing both of those workouts. There is some other work too for the virtual road trip. As for the one she put up from yesterday morning, at first she said she was not going to put the Mondays for this month on the app, but she ran into wifi difficulties so put it up on the app. She had planned those originally for an encouragement to the ladies on the facebook group. She is working on some already planned for next month. I think she named 3 of them.
I sure hope your husband stays well.

I had better go get the workout in as I need to take advantage and run to the store. My grandson has eaten up all but one helping of the dinosaur chicken I get at Sprouts that he loves. I am not taking the children to the grocery store, so was wondering how I was going to do that and have the weekend to spend with my husband.

Last edited:
This morning I did the Virtual Road Trip Boxing workout Kelly put up. I only got through 52 minutes of it before I ran out of time. I was on the struggle bus this morning though. I picked up the wrong glasses this morning so they were sliding down my nose the entire workout. Then my headphones died and I needed to go find another pair to hook up!

My workout is done. I did Raw All About Glutes which took me 53 minutes because I wrote things down and I had to change shoes because somehow I had stepped in some of my dogs leavings when I went in the back yard and it came off on my step :rolleyes: Weird because her new vet diet dog food left it where I can't smell much of anything. It has cellulose in it. So, I had to do clean up and switch shoes. Yuk!! Workout was actually 40 minutes, heart rate 91/125, 433 steps. I then did Kelly's Super Sculpt premix step and bands, 30 minutes, 168 calories, heart rate 133/158, 2,839 steps. This one alternated the band movements with step combos. The band movements keep up the heart rate. I probably did not need more band work though.
Total time was 83 minutes, 258 calories, 3,272 steps.

All About Glutes 39:16 minutes kelly uses 20# dumbbells, 33 # barbell, a loop band, and a foam roller
The moves are al 45 seconds work with 10 seconds rest done twice Moves are not fast paced and I think I could go heavier. I used a 35# barbell, 20 # dumbbell, and heavy loop, bench
warm up squat pulses/knee pulls/side linges/straight leg kick
Barbell squat to touch to floor with bar 12 reps/11 reps
bulgarian split squat 20# dumbbell holding in goblet postition ( I used a 20# k bell as it was easier than the Bowflex to hang on to in front) all right 12 reps then all left 12 reps repeat
frog legs lying prone on bench 20 reps repeat second set I got 16 reps as I was moving too fast
barbell on back squats 10 reps/10 reps
foam roller ( can use barbell or bench) for placing feet on bridges
Loop Band clam 26 reps right then 26 left repeat did 18 secont time
butt blaster loop band 18 reps right 18 reps left repeat
bridge adductions loop band 18 reps 2 times
1 set bridge pulses with adductors
get rid of loop band
no weight 1 leg bridge figure 4 positions left then right repeat 20 reps second set had pulses added
Barbell superset
squats to floor with barbell
squats with barbell on back(shoulders)
repeat
cooldown stretch

Doreen nice work. I had one of those mornings too. Hope the rest of the day goes smoothly for you. I started that workout and got to 6 minutes and realized my FItbit had cut off and just decided I would wait since that one looks like a lot of boxing.

I do not have heel pain this morning, so It must not have been the shoes since I walked yesterday. I am happy so I can walk again tomorrow if all goes well. Maybe I just pulled something and the rest fixed the problem. Today I did something totally different, I pulled out XTRAIN and did Burn Sets, Chest, Back and Shoulders and did Core #1. I had a fantastic workout but lifting heavy again scares me so I didn't go too heavy. The workout was 61 minutes and I burned 424 calories. Heart rate was 115/161. There is a 30 second rest between exercises. I liked the change of pace since it is hot again today.

Chest Press- 25's x 10, x 10, x 12 TF
Chest Flies- 20's x 10, x 10. x 13 TF
Incline Chest Press- 25's x 10, x 10, x 10 TF
Burn Set- No Pushups, I did Chest Press- 20's x 20

1 Arm Row- 30# x 10, x 10, x 10 TF ( I haven't picked up a 30# DB in a long time)
Close Grip Under Hand BB Row- 45# x 10, x 10, x 13 TF ( Cathe uses DB's )
Rear Flies- 10's x 10, x 10, x 14 TF
Burn Set- Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50@ x 20 ( cathe uses a band for an exercise, mine broke)

Seated Overhead Press- 20's x10, x 10, x 10 TF
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 10# x 10, x 10, x 12 TF ( could have gone heavier )
1 Arm Rear Fly- 12's x10, x 10, x 15 TF ( Could have gone heavier )
Burn Set- Incline Front raise with an Arc- 8's x 16 ( Cathe does Scare Crows with a band )

Core # 1 Good and hard

Debbie, praying for you that you do well in your interview and get the job!!!! Nice workout today, I hate when I run out of time. I need to incorporate legs this week too. There are shootings all over the place, they say it is because of White Privilege but the boy that was shot was African American who had money. Wealth doesn't sit well with certain groups of people and I found out that both of his parents are COPS in Dallas. I am so thankful for the Police and I cant believe they are being defunded. What is it going to be like when there is less police on the streets!

Diane Sue, All about Glutes looks great! I never do a total workout dedicated to glutes, but I should. I hope your Grandson is feeling better. There is always so much sickness at back to school time.

Doreen, nice workout today and sorry you had such and issue with your electronics again.

Roselyn, I hope you are enjoying your vacation and I am so glad your hip is doing better this year,

Belinda, it is so hot and humid again today, there is no way I could walk except take my dog out for a 1/2 hour. My heel is pain free today so Yippee! I think I must have just strained it and it has taken a long time to repair itself. I do ice it and that really helps. I did XTRAIN today and really liked it, it has been so long since I have done that one, Cedie is in the workout!

Have a wonderful day, and everyone say a pray for Debbie that she gets the job! :)

Jolie, nice work on X Train today. I always liked the Burn Sets on that series. I am glad your heels feel better. Hope it stays that way. I have a hard understanding why anyone would want to do without police. It is totally ignorant. All of those shootings is crazy. Usually those illnesses hit when the children are in the classroom. My grandson is not in class till next month. At least so far.

So my interview went exceptionally well. The lady I spoke to was super nice and she seemed very impressed by skills and experiences. She said she would no doubt call me for a 2nd interview and to give her a couple of days. She didn't know what the pay scale was which struck me as weird becuase I would be working for her, she said she doesn't get involved in that part. I will be interviewing with the CEO of the company when she gets a hold of me so I'm assuming he will know the pay scale. That was the only thing that worried me, it seemed odd. We'll see how it works out. I thank you all for your prayers, they certainly helped. I felt very confident talking to her.

Today I did CL #304 - Burn Sets: Biceps & Triceps. I had a great workout and went up in weight on a few exercises. I did this for the first time on July 3 but it feels like I just did it a week or two ago. The time is flying.

Ok, here is the workout, all exercises were 12 reps unless I wrote something different:

Alternated biceps and triceps exercises

Standing Curls: 15's
Overhead Triceps Extension: 30#
Seated Double Arm Curls: 17.5's
Incline Close Grip Dumbbell Press: 17.5's
Alternate Sweeper Curls: 20's - 10 reps
Double Arm Sweeper Curl: 20's - 4 reps
Incline Skull Crushers: 12.5's
One Arm Concentration Curls: 15's - 10 reps
Cross Body Extensions: 12.5#
W Curls: 12.5's
Flat Close Grip Dumbbell Press: 20's
Seated Alternate Hammer Curls: 15's - 10 reps
Double Arm Hammer Curls: 15's - 2 reps
Concentric Triceps Pushups: Fast up/Slow Down - 10 reps (this killed my front shoulder, stopped at 7)
Concentric Biceps Curl: 15's - 10 reps
Eccentric Triceps Pushups: Slow up/Fast Down - 10 reps
Eccentric Biceps Curl: 15's - 10 reps (only did 7, elbow started to really hurt)
One Arm Kickbacks: 10#
Reverse Curls: 12's
Weighted Dips: Tons of reps, I used no weights

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 187 calories, HR was 108/155.

Also got on my treadmill and walked for 16 minutes, burned 102 calories, went .79 miles, did 1888 steps and HR was 122/131.

Diane - My husbands test came back negative again, so hopefully he will continue to be healthy. This COVID stuff is really messing up people's lives. I find myself looking for another job and don't want to leave where I'm at but feel like nothing will be back to normal any time soon. I can't sit here and do nothing all year. It's just not right that China can do something like this with no repercussions. Anyways, I just pray that God leads me in the right direction. I'm so afraid of going somewhere else and being worse off than I am now. Great glute workout yesterday! I don't think I can do an hour workout on just legs anymore. I wouldn't be able to walk the next day! Nice job.

Jolie - Love the Xtrain workouts!! Great job with that! Let's hope things calm down in this country soon, I've never experienced so much caos in my life. Thank you for the prayers, they definitely helped! Also, glad your heels was better, hope it continues to be that way!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning,

Walk plus I did Lite Pyramid Pump Upper + lower is done.

Debbie - glad your test came back negative. We are getting cooler temperatures. Love walking in cooler weather.WTG on your workout this morning.

Jolie - the reason I walk early I mean early around 6 a.m to beat the heat. Around 7 it's already humid and hot here. I also like XTrain. They are on my schedule not sure when. Enjoy and great job.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me. BBL!

Today was Cardio and I had a great workout even though it is so hot I thought I would pass out, and I have the air conditioner on! We have very high ceilings in my gym room so this is the hottest room in the house. Today I walked on my TM, 45 minutes, 3.2 speed, 2.3 miles, 5.0 to 6.5 incline and burned 439 calories. Next I did Power Strike 6 punches only with 1 pound gloves and burned 126 calories. Next I got on my rowing maching and rowed at the highest resistance till I burned 75 calories. Total workout time was 1 hour 10 minutes and I burned a total of 629 calories. Heart rate was 137/181. I am dripping wet :)

Debbie, great to hear your interview went well. If you are interviewing at a smaller company, a lot of the time only upper management like the CEO or CFO will talk about salary, in small companies it is better not to let people know what other people are making because of jealousy issues ect. Based on skills and job history ect, someone like you could make more than who you are working for. Nice job on the workout today, I am doing the dvd Burn Sets tomorrow Biceps and Triceps. Then I hope to get in Push Pull Heavy weights at the end of the week to incorporate legs.

Belinda, Nice workout today, it is just getting hotter and hotter here which is so bad because of all of the fires.

BBL to read your posts for the day.

Have a wonderful day.

This morning I did RAW Box & Tone and had a great workout. I really like this workout, it is fast and fun.

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 234 calories, did 2996 steps and HR was 138/190.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 15 minutes, burned 97 calories, went .75 miles and did 1787 steps. HR was 120/134.

Too busy for personals, I will be back later hopefully!

Have great workouts!

Good morning,

Today is OFF or extended stretch of choice on the June rotation. I went for a 3.5 mile walk this morning. I will get a stretch in once I sign out.

Jolie - I saw on the news on the fires and heat. it is in CA. I wouldn't walk in that heat either. Amazing job on your workout yesterday.

Debbie - glad your interview went well. I am sure everything will work out fine. Fingers crossed. Glad your test came back negative too.

That's it for me today. Have a great day and workout everyone.

RAW- Favorite Moves #1 this morning. This one is fun - intervals of boxing and weight moves. The music was really fun too - and Sammy said something at the beginning that had everyone cracking up at - I couldn't catch her comment though!

Today I did Raw Virtual Box and Legs 62 minutes, heart rate 132/166, 334 calories, 5,739 steps. I have the grandchildren here today. I will try to get back here and catch up in awhile. I did read the posts yesterday though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.