Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2020

Good morning,

Walk outside and Body Blast Series Push Pull is done. We got out for our walk every early, it's suppose to rain all day. It's humid outside.

Have a great day and workout everyone,

Today I did RAW Cardio Crush 2 and had a blast, I love this workout. I can't believe Kelly and crew does this one outside in the hot sun, that is crazy and dangerous this time of year. I wonder what her neighbors think of all that? Plus she has her music blasting really loud and it's not really the greatest music on this workout. LOL! I love it, though, so fun! I didn't do the squat thrusts, I hate those and my shoulders don't like them so I just did power ups until she was done.

Workout was 33 minutes, burned 245 calories (not bad!) went 3341 steps and HR was 137/163.

Also walked on my treadmill for 15 minutes, burned 88 calories (that was wrong, not sure what happened), nothing else much to post about this, I just wanted to get steps in.

Jolie - I hope you're right about the job, I think the opposite - so many people are looking for jobs right now. However, that job has been posted for 30+ days so maybe you are right. Also, people don't want to work if they continue to give the extra $ to stay home. Sorry about football season, everything is so messed up right now I still have a hard time believing this even happened to us. I hope your achilles is better today.

Diane - I hate grocery shopping as well, but I've always hated it. The worst job ever. Sorry you still aren't sleeping well, I wish you could find a way to get some rest. I have been sleeping really good now that I'm back to work and up at 4:30 a.m. That has really helped. We are also receiving the "yes, open schools", "wait we changed our minds, don't open schools", "yes we can have sports", to "no we better not". So ridiculous and I'm so sick of it. I have a job interview on Tuesday and it will be for a job outside of education. It sounds awesome so I'm hoping I get it. I will ask for prayers next week before my interview.

Roselyn - Great job with your arm workout!!

Belinda - Great job with your walk and Push/Pull. I love that workout along with Supersets. Need to get those out again. So many workouts, so little time!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Reactions: WD
This morning I did BoxFit workout 2 - Weights in tabata set up. It moves quickly!! Almost no time even for a drink!! Then I finished with Super Sculpt workout 2 - with jumps. Again this is a cardio workout that uses the band around your ankles for many of the cardio moves. I found it fun to do some band cardio without the Cathe level impact! The jumps are slow and controlled and very doable.

Debbie - great job on your workout this morning. I also love Push/Pull + SS. I hear you on so many workouts and so little time.

Today I did Cathe's new workout, Push Pull Total Body Heavy Weighs and I loved it. This is workout #309 and if you want slow and heavy this is the one for you. I could have gone heavier on a lot of exercises but since I haven't done it before I wasn't sure what was coming next. You never repeat and exercise and Cathe is using 30 and 40 Pound DB's for some of the exercises! Wow. Workout was 45 minutes and I burned 341 calories. This is a great workout if you want something slow, heavy and basic. The closest workout to this workout would be STS Meso 3 but instead of 8 reps this workout is x 12 reps. There is a short rest in between each exercise but nothing like Meso 3, I would say it is about 30 seconds or so.

Squats- 20's x 12 reps ( basically all of the exercises are x 12 reps except for a few )
Deadlifts- 20's
Bench Press- 20's
1 Arm Rows- 30#
Sumo Squats- 20# ( Cathe uses 40#!)
Wide Stance Deadlifts- 20's
Close Grip Chest Press- 20's
Double Arm Rows- 20's
Narrow Stance Squats- 20's
Stiff Leg Deadlifts- 15's
Chest Flies- 20's
Posture Pulls with Band, mine broke so I switched to Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60#
Side to Side Lunges- 15#
Band Exercise, couldn't do so I did Squats- 20's
Seated Overhead Press- 20's
Upright Rows- 15's
Rear Delt Flies- 12's
DB Front Raise- 20#
Seated Over Head Tricep Ext.- 12's
Bicep Curls- 20's
Kickbacks- 12's
8 Point Drop Curs- 15's
No Pushups I did Chest Press- 20's x 16
Rear Flies with a leg lift, couldn't do because of my back so I did 1 Arm Back Flies- 12#
ABS and Core- 4 exercises, I did my own because of my low back issue.

Debbie, nice workout today, I don't think I could workout in the sun with humidity. I think you should try the latest CL workout, you can lift heavier and totally focus on form. I didn't go nearly as Cathe with some exercises because of my back and also my band broke on the first band exercise so I substituted out for different exercises.

Belinda, great job getting out early today for your walk because of the heat and humidity, it is the same way here today, Monsoon weather.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today and I will BBL to read your post.

Doreen, is the BoxFit by Kelly? Is this one of your new DVD's? Great job with the workout today.

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice workout today.

BBL to read your posts.

Today I did Raw Body Fit #1 41 minutes, heart rate 111/160, 2,770 steps, 166 calories. Very similar to when I did it last week only 4 calories less although I wore my 4# weight vest throughout. I then did Kelly's dvd Body Fit #2 skipping the shoulders and chest and doing the abs twice. This was 27 minutes, 64 calories, heart rate 98/131, 523 steps. I didn't want to push the shoulders and neck today since I did this workout Monday and did the super light one yesterday along with all of the others on these two dvds.
Total time was 68 minutes, 230 calories, 3,293 steps. I have to run to the store for some baking chocolate for my marble cheese cake. I forgot:rolleyes: I will just go to Sprouts since it is around the corner and pay too much for it. Not enough sleep again last night. I think I have too much on my mind right now and a lot of what ifs and don't want tos. I was in bed 8 hours and slept almost 6. I really tried to go back to sleep.
Weights for Body Fit #1 these are timed sets in tabata rounds
Back
Lawn Mower 15# 13 reps 13 reps
double arm row and stand 25# dumbbells 8 reps 9 reps
plie 1 1/2 15# dumbbells 8 reps 9 reps
Triceps
single arm overhead extension 10# 18 reps 16 reps
double arm kickbacks 10# dumbbells 13 reps 10 reps
slalom squats 10# dumbbells 36 reps
Biceps
alternating hammer curl 15# dumbbells 10reps 10 reps
supination curls 15# dumbbells 10 reps 9 reps
front curl 15# dumbbells 9 reps 8 reps
deadlift squat ups 15# dumbbells 8 rpe 9 reps

Debbie, I really hope you get that job and you really love it. I love that workout too. I was surprised that they did those on the pavement. I keep wondering if that is the back of Kelly's house of the front. There is some distance between houses. Or maybe it is a detached garage? Once earlier in this covid scare they did a workout in front of their house and someone complained about them being out there with Covid going on and the police came. They were real nice to them though and kind of laughed with them. But, they stopped. Kelly likes and supports the police so no problem there. She posted a video on facebook.

Doreen, yes, Kelly does move quickly on Body Fit #2. I did both of the # 2 workouts on Monday with the jumps :) I liked it. I agree the jumping is doable on these. Kelly does not do it like Cathe does.

Belinda, when Push Pull came out I did it so much. You would have thought I would be tired of it.

Jolie, that is a great looking workout. Does Cathe do the Sumos holding a single dumbbell? I always felt they were not as hard as doing them with a barbell that way and would sometimes do 50 and 60 # loaded up on my dumbbell. It probably wouldn't happen now though. Way to go with it. I think I would like that one.

Good morning,

walk + ICE Chiseled UB is done.

Jolie - Cathe's latest live workouts look very good. Great job yesterday.

Debbie - I am having fun running through my Cathe collection. I am departing if I sign up for Kelly raw since her subscription will go up soon. Than I feel bad for all my dvd's laying around and collecting dust :(

Diane - great job on your workout yesterday.

Waving Roxy, Doreen and Roselyn

Have a great day and workout everyone.

Today I did a really fun and good workout from Cathe Live - #308 - Metabolic Med Ball Blast and I agree with Belinda, her newer workouts on live are excellent. I wonder why she hasn't been doing these types when she has all her people there? Sort of makes me wish they wouldn't come back!! I didn't write the exercises and circuits down this morning but will try to do it sometime this weekend so I can have it on paper.

Workout was 37 minutes, burned 240 calories, did 1808 steps and HR was 129/159 but felt like it got much higher than that.

Walked on ny treadmill for 15 minutes, stats aren't worth writing down.

Belinda - Kelly's subscription is going up soon? I don't care, $6.99 has been an excellent price for something I use just about every day. Great job with your workout this morning!! Have a great weekend!

Doreen - Great job with your workout yesterday, Kelly's workouts are usually fast like that. Once you get used to her it's not so bad but at first it's like crazy. That woman never gets tired!!

Jolie - I will definitely try that workout you did next week. I was going to do it this morning but just didn't feel like lifting heavy. You'll have to try the obe I did this morning, so fun!! I love her newer workouts on Live lately.

Diane - I'm hoping I have a chance at this new job as well. It's a shame everything here is becoming so political and the favortism recently is just unbelieveable. I get so mad at these people. It's a bummer because I thought I could retire here. Oh well. LOL on Kelly's neighbors complaining, I don't blame them. I actually would think she'd ok these workout sessions with them before she does them. Nice job with your workout yesterday, have a great on today!

Welll, have a great weekend everyone!! If I write down the exercises from that workout I did today, I will be back.

So for some reason this week I've been waking up about 4:30 and not able to fall back asleep - so I've been working out before getting my son ready for work (I just make him breakfast and a sandwich for lunch so I know he has something healthy and filling to eat) before he leaves at 6:30. Now its too dark to workout outside at 5 am (sad face - days are getting shorter) so I've been back in my basement workout room.... well all my DVDs now stare me in the face down there (plus doing the new DVDs from Kelly this week). So this morning I did PHA3 from the Step Boss Series. I realize that Cathe is getting ready to release a new series and I've not even fully used the last one!!

I'm not too worried about a $2 increase in the RAW price - I'll still just do a month at a time here and there. I like to go in every couple months and see what's new - they have all been good. And I like the RAW ripped and ride workouts for the winter when I am on the spin bike. But I will typically alternate subscriptions between Cathe, Kelly and a couple others I found I like so that I only have one subscription at a time going. Between that and youtube its plenty of new stuff all the time.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Cardio Crush 2, 34 minutes, 194 calories, heart rate 132/162, 3,567 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Super Sculpt premix step and band, 30 minutes, heart rate 118/151, 139 calories, 2,565 steps. I finished with Coffey Fit Raw 5 day Strength stretch, 35 minutes, 37 calories, 65 steps, heart rate 822/106. Total time was 99 minutes, calories burned 370, 6,197 steps.

Belinda, nice work today on the walk and Ice upper body. I have a tendency to want to just do my streaming as it is easier to look at than look through my holder of dvds. Current dvds are on the shelf though.

Debbie, that sounds like another good Cathe Live workout. I would think Kelly would talk to her neighbors, at least next door when she does the outside workouts just because they have cameras going as well as the music. It seems for the most part they don't mind, but that other time things were locked down social distancing and I suppose someone didn't care fro them being outside like that. I think so far we have been fairly lucky here as to how things are handled compared to other places. I am just hoping someone doesn't decide the whole country needs to be under lockdown. When they start taking away my freedom rights to go worship or wear a mask when I am taking a walk they'll have a fight on their hands. I told my husband people around our area walk all of the time with no masks. I don't think it would go over well. Although people tend to be followers like sheep and do whatever everyone else does. I am just saying enough is enough. The political end of using a virus is just plain wrong. BTW I read something that made me think, why if the virus is so terribly contagious don't the have special places to throw away them masks like they do needles and hazardous medical supplies? I still think children should be able to be in the classroom. My grandson started in classes, but he goes to a private school. They are wearing masks. My church is starting school in classrooms, but they are very small. Something like 68 children registered so far from K4 to highschool.
Yes, Kelly says September the Raw channel goes up to 8.99. Still not bad. I think everyon that is already at 6.99 does not have the increase. At least as long as they keep it. She already has 3 new workouts planned for September.

Doreen, 4:30 is early. It is years since I worked out that early. What is up with the not sleeping. I wonder if the time change will help any of us. I really prefer to do one streaming service at a time myself. Although I did get Cathe the last time and kept Kelly, because she was so low in cost and I just didn't want to not have the Raw workouts. I made sure I used a few during that month and used the stretches quite a bit. Kelly's are not that long for many and easy to work in with Cathe.

Diane - Yeah- I can't workout at 4:30.... about the earliest I can get started is 5:30... anything before that and I try to go back to sleep!!

Good morning,

Today was my last workout from her Cathe May 2020 rotation. I did XTrain Tabatacise. I also walked outside.

Roselyn - enjoy your vacation.

Debbie - I thought I would share in case someone else wants to look in the old price. I will not sign up. I prefer Cathe :) Once I am done with my rotations ( I have 2 month planned out) I will sign up for Cathe live. I probably should go through my Cathe live downloads first, lol. I do like the looks off her heavier weights on Live.

Diane - I much prefer using my dvd's. Why buy dvd's if I don't use them? I just transfer the rotation to the workout manager and check it when I am done. Easy breezy :)

I will try to check in later. I have some errands to run today.

This morning I did Cathe Lite Cardio Party with the Calorie crush, 55 miutes, 287 calories, 5,607 steps, heart rate 127/163. I then did Lite abs #1, 10 minutes, 24 calories, 69 steps and finished with Lite Extended stretch #1, 13 minutes, 13 calories. Total time was 78 minutes, 5,676 steps,324 calories.

I did a step on youtube this morning. This lady is so good - she hardly ever messes up and she says she doesn't plan it in advance - just goes with how she is feeling!

I have been busy getting things ready for tomorrow's birthday lunch.

Roselyn, enjoy your vacation time.

Doreen, when my husband worked days, I got up at 5:30 a lot. I have read a lot of women say if they can't sleep they get up and workout. Not me, I need the rest more than I need the workout. That is amazing that she just puts the workout together as she goes. It looks like fun.

Belinda, I am thinking my workouts will probably revolve around Kelly's new workout premixes and Raw. I may add in some of Cathe's shorter ones. I really won't have as much time though as I will have grandchildren here all week and be trying to clean house just before bed.

Good morning,

I just got back from a 5 mile outdoor walk. I only planned on walking 2 miles, lol. The weather was perfect around 70's so I kept going. It was nice and breezy. I will do a nice stretch once I get off the computer.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Happy Sunday! I did not workout the last two days, life just got in the way. Yesterday my husband and I went to LA and bought our youngest son a truck, a Toyota Tacoma, he has wanted on forever. He was pretty fired up when he saw it, but that took half of the day and then we had to look at a house and the day was gone. I loved this house, it was in an equestrian area and I was going to put an offer in and some one else did and got it. They offered all cash with a 7 day escrow! Who has that kind of money!!!!!!! Crazy where I live, people are loaded, not me! Our realtor called us to tell us about the offer when we were out to dinner and I swear I cried right at the table, i am so sick of this! Anyway, today I did CL # 145 Upper Body Bootcamp with core and had a fantastic workout. I love workouts that include ABS because I wont do them otherwise :( Workout was and hour and I burned 406 calories. I wanted to do a total body workout but it was so hot that I didn't have the energy.

Doreen, I could never do that step class, i would fall over from being dizzy, good for you! How many calories did you burn?

Belinda, way to go on the 5 mile walk, we are having a major heat wave so walking outside is not a possibility for me right now. Low tonight is 75 degrees and it is very humid. So you are going to do Cathe Live this month? Great if you are, I want to do more total body workouts if my body allows.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great day with the birthday celebration.

Roselyn, enjoy your vacation!!!

Debbie, I hope you have a fantastic day off. Don't you have a job interview this week? Good luck.

Have a wonderful day.

Good morning,

Today I started Cathe's June 2020 rotation. This morning I walked 2 miles and did Strong & Sweaty
Bootcamp. Love going through all the Cathe dvd.

Debbie - sorry about your work situation. I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck with the job interview.

Jolie - until a few day's ago it was very hot for months. I am glad it finally cooled off a little. Loving these cooler temperatures. It's very humid in WV. I walk every early in the morning around 6 a.m. If I would walk any later the humidity would kill me, lol. I just finished Cathe May 2020 rotation. I will do her June, July and August rotation. I will be finish with these rotations in Nov. I am having to much fun with my dvd's and recycling through them. Maybe I will get bored by Nov? Maybe after Nov I will sign up for a month at Cathe Live? That all depends on the rotations she is putting out until then, lol. I am so sorry about the house. I agree, who has that kinda $$. You will find the perfect house. That is so sweat of you and your husband buying your son a truck.

Roselyn - enjoy your vacation, girl.

Diane - enjoy your workouts.

I will try to be back later.

This morning I did CL#309 Push Pull Total Body Heavy Weights and had an excellent workout. Love this one!! Was able to go heavy and probably couldn have gone heavier on some exercises. I will know this next time I do it. Fun workout.

12 reps for all exercises, I expected this to be repeated but everything is done only one time.

Squats-
20's
Deadlifts-
25's
Bench Press-
25's
1 Arm Rows-
25#
Sumo Squats -
30#
Wide Stance Deadlifts-
25's
Close Grip Chest Press-
20's
Double Arm Rows-
20's
Narrow Stance Squats-
25's
Stiff Leg Deadlifts-
20's
Chest Flies-
25's
Posture Pulls with Band
Side to Side Lunges-
15#
Side to Side Let Lifts w/Band
Seated Overhead Press-
15's (this was easy but I think 20's would have been too much.)
Upright Rows-
15's
Banded Rear Delt Raises-
8's (no band, this is dangerous enough for me with 8's)
DB Front Raise-
20#
Over Head Tricep Extension-
25#
Bicep Curls-
15's
Kickbacks-
10's
8 Point Drop Curls-
15's
Full Pushups -
16 reps (did 12 full, did 4 on knees)
Rear Flies with Leg Lift -
8#
ABS and Core-
Planks, V-Ups, Supermans and Banana Pose (I did Russian Twist w/8# med ball instead of supermans)

Workout was 53 minutes, burned 243 calories, HR was 109-148.

So my husband found out this morning that one of his maintenance guys tested positive with COVID. This crap is getting scary, there are several staff members and residences at the assisted living facility he works for that has tested positive. Seems just a matter of time before we all get it. Ridiculous.

Diane - That is a great question about throwing masks away. I see them laying all over the road when I leave a grocery store, people are such pigs. This whole thing is just nuts and our numbers here in Ohio are rising every day even though the mask is a mandate here. How did your birthday lunch go?

Jolie - I did that workout you did last week and loved it. I'm wondering why Cathe's gym isn't opened yet but at the same time, glad she is doing these workouts alone. I like them much better that way. I also love workouts that include abs because I won't do them either otherwise. Sorry to hear about the house deal, that has to be frustrating. Something will come along, you'll see. Went the time is right, it will be there.

Doreen - That step instructor looks interesting being able to not plan a workout, I will check her out although I don't do much step anymore. Great job on your workout!

Belinda - Thanks about my job, I have very mixed feelings about it all. Great job with your workout and it is nice here this week as well, in the 70's and less humidity. This summer has been brutal.

Roselyn - Have a great vacation and have fun if you go anywhere!

Roxie - Hope all is well with you!

Have a great day everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.