Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2020

No workout today, I woke up with a swollen Achilles tendon done by my heel, I wonder what is causing that swelling, possibly walking on an incline? Anyway, I am also helping my son get ready of a trip to Mammoth to go camping so my morning got away from me. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Debbie, some of these supplements that we use for our Hot Flashes have herbs in them that can cause these side effects. I would stop using them all together for a week and see how you feel, your body is telling you it doesn't like it. Red Yeast Rice for my cholesterol does the same thing to me as well as 5-HTP. Be careful and drink a ton of water today. I am sure you are alright, you just are taking something with a bad side effect as you suspect. Nice workout today, I am going to do that workout this week. I just found a bunch of KCM workouts on dvd that I haven't done in years, I think I might try some this week, I think they are all 30 minutes long so I can walk too! I sleep at least 9 hours every day, I have always been like that, I need a lot of sleep, crazy I know :)

Doreen, great workout today, and awesome that you are getting new workouts to do this week! Let us know what you think of them.

Belinda, great workout today! I love that you can stick to a rotation, I don't have it in my right now because I feel kind of out of sorts lately. Once I am back in a routine, I could probably do it. Have you ever done by BB, Hammer and Chisel or Autumns 21 day fix? I have those workouts but have never used them and I wanted some feedback.

Roselyn, nice job getting the legs done yesterday, I dread doing legs!

Diane Sue, My collagen dissolved really good in my cold coffee yesterday and I didn't taste anything. I hope it improves my skin, it is getting very thin lately. I hope you have a good workout today, I will bbl to read your post.

Have a wonderful day, it is going to get hot here this week, 121 degrees in the Palm Springs area this week!
Diane Sue,

Jolie - yes, I have both BB programs. I prefer 21DF over Hammer and Chisel. I also have Autumns 21 day fix extreme which is very good too. You should give them a try. I like following rotations, takes the guess which workout to do. It's all laid out. I do take breaks from rotations and do whatever I feel like doing for that day.

Debbie - great job as well. I should do that workout soon. I bought the download thanks to Jolie a long time ago.

I have to head out on errands. I have a busy month with so many things! I have to drag a wheel to the UPS store. It didn't fit the tire even though Amazon said it works for my car. My husband wanted me to have a spare tire in my car since it did not come with one.
Anyway I will post my workout and type up the workout later. I did Kelly's new dvd workouts. I started with Super Sculpt workout #2, which uses a loop band and superlight hand weights( I used 1#), 44 minutes(37 actual) 158 calories, heart rate 108/153, 2,488 steps. It was a fun workout. I chose what looked to be the hardest. There is an option with step ups instead of jumps. Also tons of premixes. They used 4 risers on each side of the step and I used 3. Sammy used two. It was not as terribly as intense as one would think and the jumps on jump on and step off. Then I did the Box Fit dvs workout #2 weightlifting, 41 minutes, actual (36) 85 calories, heart rate 94/126, 673 steps.
Total time was 85 minutes, 3,161 steps, 243 calories.

I will be back later.

Debbie, worried about you. Funny how everytime we feel sick lately we start checking the covid symptoms. I have done that and had no fever plus symptoms didn't add up.

Worked chest today focusing on weight work this week because next week we will be in Branson (no silver dollar city) and will be doing alot of hill walking

Reactions: WD
Back from errand.
Here is a rundown of the two workouts that I did today.

Kelly Coffey Super Sculpt workout 2 with step jumps (there is a number 3 with step ups)
Kelly uses a step with 4 risers, a heavy loop band, and super light weight
I used 1 # weights tabata rounds
warm up 4 minutes
band:
side steps 2 rounds
lift back 2 rounds with arm reaches on 2nd round
side steps/lift back
side steps
remove band and brief stretch

light weight
jabs
4 jabs / jacks
hooks high and low
hook hamstring curl
double upper cut
upper cut knees
jab/twist/uppercut

Jumps-jumps rebound step off right
repeat on left
run up right
repeat on left
jump on step off right
repeat left
jump on squat thrust

Band -Tap Back reaching overhead
tap back lunge hops
side taps arms pull in
scissor run
side slide 2 rnds
jacks

Light weights right left jabs touch down
left/ right touch down
elbow hook knee right
repeat left
all right upper cut
repeat all left
jabs/twist/uppercut

Jumps- straddle jumps rebound step off right
repeat left
straddle run up step down right
repeat left
jump stick right
repeat left
straddle squat thrust no jumps
plank hold

cooldown at 33 minutes

Kelly Coffey Box Fit Workout #2
36 minutes, 2 pair dumbbells weight lifting tabata rounds Kelly uses 8's and 12's
3 minute warm up
Back 12# dumbbells
lawn mower 1 arm
Dbl arm row stand palms front
plie 1 and 1/2 dbs Kelly holds to sides first time then second she holds them in front
Repeat

Triceps light dumbbells 8#
single arm overhead extension
dbl arm kickbacks
slalom squats (squat with dumbbells at side tilting side to side)
repeat

Biceps 12# dumbbells
alternating hammer curl
supination curls
front curls
deadlift/squat up
repeat

Shoulders light dumbbells 8#
(no overhead presses)
bent over lateral raise alternating
standing lateral raise
upright row 1 up 3 down count
lunge front back tight
repeat left
repeat

Floor Chest 12# dumbbells all done with hips lifted

Abs 1 12# dumbbell
crunches
full sit up
Russian Twists
No weight explosive sit up
repeat

Stretch

Belinda, nice work today. Ice sweat is a fun easy on the joints workout.

Debbie, maybe that supplement is problematic with something else that you are taking. I have been having terrible cramping in the evenings after dinner. I think it may be the collagen with glucosamine and chondroitin along with Boswellia. Or it may be taking that and magnesium close together. Last night I saved magnesium powder for just before bed and I chewed some fennel seed before drinking the collagen drink. No problems.
For the dizzy spell to last for several hours is something to be concerned with. Especially since you had the heart racing incident. I have had those things happen to me before. Too many Advils can be bad. They make me dizzy if I have more than one dose in a day for several days. I have had to eliminate different herbals and other supplements because I didn't feel right. I will be praying for you. It really makes busy mornings move along better if we have a plan. I knew I was going to do one of these workouts today, but had to look over menus and descriptions. It depends on my time tomorrow whether I do some more in the morning. There is a lot of premix options on Kelly's new workouts.
The two I did not do is shadow boxing and the other is one that has drills and a 15 minute step workout. I may do part of one and see if I have time when I come home to do the other half. I have ladies game day tomorrow and this is in another city and takes me a bit longer to get to than my area of the city.
I finally found some Nuun tablets at Sprouts today. I still can get 1.00 rebate. I bought the vitamins one this time though. I looked over the hydrating one and didn't see much to make me think it is any better than me drinking electrolyte water. I was tempted to get the Amazing grass hydrating because it has some herbals and greens in it.

Doreen, I was so surprised when I went out to the mailbox and my Kelly workouts were there on Saturday as she had just said on Friday that they had shipped. Yesterday was a rest day or I would have done them then. I think next time I do the weight one I will up some of the moves like biceps and deadlift squats to 15's. 12's were pretty easy.

Jolie, I have avoided supplements for the most part that have 5 HTP as I have read that with some of what I am taking and my RA and stuff that it is not something that I should take. I have read various stuff on the Red Rice yeast products too. So far I have stayed away. I just do niacin, c and Qunol for my heart. My body wouldn't know what to think if I got 9 hours of sleep. I got 6 last night. I picked up a Vital Proteins collagen sleep shot. I think it might have some melatonin in it. I remember looking once. I got a dollar rebate so thought I would check it out. Not on a night like tonight where I have to get up really early though. I find too much of an incline causes me discomfort. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Last edited:
Diane - I don't see the road trip workouts on Kelly's RAW channel? It's not on mine yet. I was hoping to do one tomorrow. Oh well, I'll do Cardio Crush 2.

Hi,

2 mile walk plus Chiseled Lower Body is done. I am getting ready to do SBF Ultimate Adv. Barre Plan Week 1 D2 Upper Core + weights.

Have a great workout and day. BBL!

Well my KCM DVDs arrived yesterday! So I did BoxFit this morning then added on the leg workout and the back work. I loved the boxing section. I think Kelly puts together some great combos - I get messed up on the timing count sometimes but they are doable and have you moving around as you are punching (not much kicking- just a few knee pulls)

I'm hoping Cathe will allow the purchase of the Perfect 30 DVDs separately. I am really getting interested in the Pump workouts. I don't do much HIIT anymore and not really interested in the yoga/mobility yet.

This morning I did RAW Box & Tone and had a great workout, I my 1# hand weights. I really like this one, it is fun.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 210 calories, did 2926 steps and HR was 131/196. Funny, every damn time looked down at my FB it show 109 bpm. I was getting mad, why does it do that?

Also walked up a hill on treadmill for 20 minutes, burned 129 calories, did 2383 steps and went 1 mile. HR was 122/134.

Be back for personals later!!

Today I had a great workout, boy it was tuff stuff since I lifted heavier than usual on some exercises. On the Overhead Press I lifted 20# DB's haven't done that in a while. Anyway, I did CL #25 Strong Upper Body and Core and really loved it. This workout is tri- sets x 12 reps, x 3 time around. Since it was only 12 reps I got to lift a little heavier and I really enjoyed doing that since I have been lifting lighter weights lately. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 449 calories. The AB section she uses weights so it was tuff stuff :) Heart rate was 119/166.

Debbie, nice workout today, I wa
s going to do a boxing workout but my heel area is still sore so I ended up saving that for another time. I remember that the 4 Day Split workouts are about 30 minutes and boy are those great workouts, I might have to do those soon. How is work going?

Diane Sue, the Magnesium is probably what is giving you some cramping, it does that to me. Nice workout yesterday, that was a long one! It is amazing how different Kelly's workouts are from Cathe's workouts, Kelly does some really different moves. I hope you slept well last night and I will bbl to read your post.

Roselyn, enjoy your trip!!!

Belinda, nice workout today, I don't remember doing that workout, but then again, there are so many workouts it is hard to remember them all!

Roxie, I hope you have a great workout today.

Doreen, I am glad you like your new workout dvd!

Have a great day.

This morning was ladies game day with my friends. We had a lot of fun as it has been two months this time since we got together. Several were either having surgery or out of town on vacation last month so it was canceled. I only had a few minutes time to do a workout so I did 20 minutes of Kelly's Body Fit dvd workout 1 which is boxing. This was fun and some different move patterns from the usual. I did not use any weight gloves or anything. I think Fit Bit liked me today, or it was because I just got up grabbed coffee and started right in on the workout. So, 20 minutes, 131 calories, heart rate, 138/173 heart rate, 2,116 steps. Weird as my watch said 147 average heart rate and my app on my phone said 131.
I am tired. I think I may do the whole workout tomorrow followed by the 1st workout in Super Sculpt.

Debbie, I checked and I don't see the live workouts on Raw yet either. I am not sure why. I poured over the facebook group and I only see other women saying they can't wait for the workouts on the app. The workouts Saturday came to almost 3 hours with a chat session. Here is a rundown on what she did.

Virtual Roadtrip this Sunday, 8/9, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EST.

10:00. Cardio Box and Weighted Legs
11:00. Q&A/Chat Time
11:30. Upper Body Strength/Lower Body Weightless
12:30. Abs and Glutes
1:15. Stretch

Equipment needed: Egg weights or weighted gloves, heavy dumbbells, light dumbbells, mat.

I bet she gets them up there. They are put on a watch party file on the Facebook group. I really do not care for doing them from my laptop though. I wish I could post them, but I can't get a link up for you like we can with youtube. The Fit bit is just weird. It makes me mad as well. Kind of ruins the fun. Like you I will keep looking at it and sometimes it is as low as 85 when I am working hard. It is so weird. Then today it was up there and I really didn't want to stop in the middle of the workout. The average seemed more like I felt it should be.

Belinda, nice workout plan today.

Doreen, I really liked the way Kelly put the moves in the Box Fit 1. She did say shadow boxing on the description. I didn't expect as much movement with the feet so I was pleased at the cardiovascular impact of it as I figured it would be just boxing.

Jolie, great workout!! It has been years I think since I have did 20# overhead presses. Way to go. Cathe does do some tough ab workouts. I like it that Kelly and Cathe workouts are quite different. It keeps me from getting bored and gives me lots of cross training. Most of Kelly's workouts are a bit shorter and dvds are two 30 minute approx workouts. She does add some bonuses to some.

Jolie,

Good morning,

Walk and Party Rocking Step Wo #2 is done.

Jolie - I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body yesterday. Cathe does have a lot of workouts. Great job yesterday with the CL #25. Did you buy the download since you like this one so much? I have a confession to make. I still haven't done most of the downloads I bought last year.

Roselyn - have fun on your vacation next week.

Great job everyone.

I did Super Sculpt workout one this morning. 15 minutes of cardio with light dumbells, 15 minutes of step (step boxing almost). Then I added on Raw Just Step. I did like Super Sculpt but I never understand the definition of sculpting - for me the workout was just cardio- the 3# weights just increase the cardio effect.

Today I did RAW Your Moves 1 and had a great workout. Love this one, it is so fun!!

Interval circuits at 50 seconds on/10 seconds off. Uses one set of heavy weights (15's) and one set of light weights (8's).

Boxing
Curtsy Lunges
Boxing/Curtsy together

Repeat other side

Alternating Flamingo's (Scales): 15's
Ice Skaters
Repeat

Hammer to Overhead press/Curls to Arnolds: 8's
Boxing Combo
Repeat

Squats: 15's
Squat Thrusts
Repeat

Boxing Combo
Cross Rows: 15's
Repeat 3 times more with a total of 4 times through

Pullovers then Flies: 15's
Lateral Raise on Floor: 8's
Alternate Pullover/Flies: 15's
Lateral Raise on Floor: 8's

Skull Crushers: 8's
Dead Bug: 8's
Skull Crushers: 8's
Situp with knee pulls

Workout was 46 minutes, burned 290 calories, did 2872 steps and HR was 126/174. I wonder when she will release #2?

No time to get on my treadmill, so sort of a short workout today.

Diane - You can get NUUN from Amazon, have you checked on there? That is where I order mine from. Box & Fit looks fun, can't wait until she posts that on her workout site. I know it will be a while but I'm sure they will be posted eventually. So I didn't take that supplement for hot flashes yesterday and I do not have a headache today. First day since I started taking those things. Bummer though, because they really helped me sleep better. I didn't realize my sleep was so bad until I started sleeping through the night. I'll see if that changes after I stop taking these for a while. Maybe my body can tolerate one pill every other day instead of two a day. Great job with your workouts, you are really getting some good ones in.

Jolie - Wow on the 20# overhead press, that is amazing!! I don't go over 15# dumbbells anymore. I remember using 30# dumbbells at one time, that won't happen again in my lifetime I'm sure. Great job with your workouts!! Any luck with the house situation? Work is ok but I'm looking around for another job. Education is so up in the air right now, it's scary. I have an interview for an Executive Administrative Assistant on Tuesday.

Belinda - Great job with your workout this morning!!

Doreen - Same to you, great job with your workout!

Have a great day everyone!

Today is a forced rest day because my Achilles tendon is still sore, but better, and I don't want to aggravate it so I am forcing myself to not workout. I took half and Advil last night and that seemed to help quite a bit.

NCAA Football is officially cancelled! So sad :( On to tennis! :) The NFL better play or what will I do for sports! I love football season!!!

Debbie, great workout today! I still love to lift a little heavy because when I lift lighter, it feels like my workout is so easy sometimes. That is why I have been doing higher rep workouts so I feel the burn :) Good luck on your job interview, I think anyone that wants to work during this Covid mess will get a job, a lot of people just want to stay home and get their check!

Belinda, Party Rockin Step, great job!!! It sounds fun :)

Doreen, are your kids going back to school in CO? Nice job on the workout today.

Diane Sue, I hope you slept well last night.

BBL to read your posts for the day. It is starting to get really hot here now, the nights will be in the 70's for the next 10 days or so. Yuck for sleeping, I guess we will have to use the air conditioner, which I hate.

Today I did Kelly Body Fit #1 again so I could do the full workout, 32 minutes, heart rate 130/168, 183 calories, 3,496 stepss. I then did the Super Sculpt workout # 1 using 3 # dumbbells, 41 minutes(34 actual as I wrote down the moves for the first part with the super light weights) heart rate 105/160, 152 calories, 2,701 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 6,197 steps, 335 calories. Super sculpt workout one does seem pretty much aeribic. I would call it aerobic toning myself. It was what I expected though as I knew she said super light weights. It had more cardio impact than I expected though and I liked the short step segment at the end. Next time I will try a mix with both combined as I bet that would be quite a workout.
I will post the portion with the weights later.
I have to go do some grocery shopping :rolleyes: I used to not mind, but how I loathe the idea.
Sleep was awful last night and I tried the Vital Proteins collagen sleep shot. It didn't do anything for me and I was exhausted when I went to bed. I kept waking up. I was doing better with the calm coffee before bed.
The Vital Proteins shot has lavender, blueberry, GABA, melatonin, hyluronic acid, and in it.

Debbie, I am glad you found what is giving you the headaches. I hope you can find away to get more sleep. Great job on the Your Moves workout. It is a favorite of mine right now. School is kind of hanging in the balance. They are preparing to open (whatever that means) They are starting in September for my daughter. Teachers are fighting for more pay for overtime and they want online. I seriously don't think my daughter cares. I think this is a lousy time to start making demands. Everyone is so self centered and do not think of the overall picture for some reason. I get sick of it.

Belinda, I purchase downloads, but I hardly ever use them. I don't like doing them off of devices and laptops and it is a bother hooking up to the television with my external and no premixes. I have used them on the laptop when we had a power outage and the laptop had a full charge though.

Doreen, I thought that workout was mostly cardio too. But, it did get the heart rate up and I am betting some of the premixes will be great. I knew it was super light weight, but it was different as she does most of the movements for (toning) strength at the same time moves to get the heart rate up.

Jolie, good idea to take another rest day to be sure things are okay. I dont expect much from sports. I don't pay a lot of attention , but my husband does. I checked to make sure we were not paying for another year of OU sports as I did not want them taking 100.00 out of the bank next month when there is nothing we would watch.

Here is the run down on Super Sculpt Workout #1 34:23 minutes
They use a step with 1 or 2 risers Kelly uses 3 # dumbbells and the others use 2# dumbbells. The movement patterns are done for 50 seconds
super light dumbbells used for all moves but two which I show as no weight
1. squat punch up
2. side lunge/rock side to side kickback/ front punch out repeat opposite side
3. 1 foot on step upper cut/knee up/ upper cut switch sides
4.arms in guard side step 2 times 2nd step front kick
5. no weight cross jack lunge
6. pick weights back up twist punch down
7. triple knee on step/run curls
8. scissors/step overhead press alternating sides
9. skater punch down/side step lateral raise
10. no weight squat knee up jumps
pick up dumbbells
11. lateral leg raise overhead press pec deck on step
12. side bends
13. plank/ side plank
This is 18 minutes then you do a step workout to finish out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.