Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for August 2020

Today I did the same workout as Doreen. Upper weights and legs virtual road trip, 58 minutes (53:58 actual), heart rate 94/147, 139 calories, 1, 743 steps. I finished with Lindsey Samper neck and shoulder therapy and some rolling and hip stretche, 26 minutes, 26 calories, 59 steps. I liked the new workout. It takes them a bit to get started, but I just did some extra warming up and stepping on the step.

Upper Weights and Legs virtual road trip August 2020
53:58 minutes Kelly uses 10 and 15 lb dumbbells and a step with two risers is used 30 seconds each exercise. Each is upper group followed by a non weighted pair of loser body exercises and repeated.
Shoulders Kelly 10's me 8's
lateral raise
overhead press
butterfly and press alternating
lower front squats
pop squat
repeat upper and lower

Triceps 10 's
double arm kickbacks
triceps dips behind standing with dumbbells
1 dumbbell overhead extensions
lower lunge alternating 1 1/2 second round alternating lunges
split switch pulsing first time second just split switches
repeat upper and lower

Biceps 15's
21's
alternating pledges (Kelly drops to 10's I stayed 15's)
supination curls
lower
side to side squats
squat shuffle
repeat upper and lower

Back 15's
bent over rows
squeeze back I dropped to 10's second round
lawnmowers alternating sides
lower
side lunges with pulses
single side lunges alternating
repeat upper and lower

Chest 15's
bench press pinky in
flys
partial pullover tomahawk 1 dumbbell
Lower body
Hip Lifts lying on step feet on floor pulsing
Hip Lifts feet on end of step

Stretch

Debbie, nice work on X Train today and the weights. I am sorry the hamstring is acting up again. I know it is frustrating when we really want to do something that we enjoy and the body says no.

Doreen, I did the same workout and liked it. Kelly did the standing triceps dip with dumbbells on another workout recently. I can't place which one. It is not a real comfortable move to me. Maybe because of my neck and shoulders. I don't know.

Belinda, my knee is feeling fine today again. Although lower work was all no weight and mild. I need to remember to keep up the lower body stretching as I focus so much on the neck issues. It would be good to know what you ae dealing with with your knees.

Today I put together my own total body workout because I just didn't feel like doing any Cathe or other instructors. I did like the workout and I will be doing this all week long with some cardio of some sort. Workout was 46 minutes and I burned 313 calories. I want to start lifting a little heavier so this is a good way for me to progress up on the weights. I did a circuit 4 time round and each set was x 12 reps except for ABS.

10 minute warm up on the TM
( 4 Rounds )
Chest Pres- 22's x 12 ( next time 25# DB's )

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 12

Seated Overhead Shoulder Press 20's x 12

Seated Bicep Curls- 17's x 12

Lying Triceps Ext.- 15's x 12

Squats- 15's x 12 ( lite weight, my knee is still a little sore )

ABS
Bicycles x 50 reps
Leg Raises x 20
Leg raise with a crunch #8 Med Ball x 30
Monsters x 20 each side

Debbie, my hamstring tends to get tight all of the time but I keep going and it tends to work itself out. I do know how concerning that is since it took so much time to recover from the last time it was a problem. Nice workout today, you are really lifting heavy again!!! I will probably have snakes and coyotes but probably not as much I hope, they are every where in this city. My husband saw a massive 8 foot rattle snake last night dead in the road. :( scary...

Belinda, great job on that workout, I hope your knees are fine from it. I know what you mean with sitting and knee pain, I believe exercise is a good thing since it increases blood flow and circulation.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a nice workout today. I have found some fat deposits under the skin and I did some research and that means high cholesterol. So I am on the supplements big time for that issue. I also have skin tags and that can mean insulin resistance so I am on that as well, bought a blood sugar support yesterday and I hope that helps. I hate going through all of this but I am glad I know how to help myself.

Doreen, nice workout today!

Roselyn, I hope you are having some great workouts!

Have a nice day.

Reactions: WD
Belinda - hope your dr can figure out your knees. I had trouble once and went and got xrays and they told me it was a shred from the back of my knee cap and my body had swollen up around it to try to absorb and remove it. That took months to resolve.

Doreen - I hope my DH surgeon can figure out what's going on too. My husbands had all his surgeries with this doc. I already had 2 x rays on my knees and shots.

Jolie - I agree with you on exercise is good for my knees. I can't sit for too long. Great job today.

Diane - I do a lot of stretching with SBF workouts. I will find out next week about what is going on. I am tired dealing with this too much longer.

Virtual school for my granddaughter today. This seems a bit problematic doing it on the computer without paper and a text book to me. She is generally an A student and was really upset how some of it was going and the fact she got two chances to get the answers right. Then she has only been doing this two days and they gave her a quiz. I told maybe they are just checking to see how much she knows or where they need to start. She couldn't reach the teacher via e mail. I guess they get used to it after awhile. My daughter went to pick up the 5 year old's ipad for his schooling this evening. She had to stand in a line around buildings to for a couple of hours after work to pick it up. Not very good planning if you ask me on the school system.
It will be a short workout tomorrow if any as I take my granddaughter to the dentist in the morning. Hope I sleep tonight.
I got a laptop Back pain help posture laptop stand table tray that is adjustable as one of my birthday presents. I used it today sitting at the counter with my laptop set so I am sitting with my head up and the laptop up and tilted toward me. No neck pain sitting here a lot today with my granddaughter. My neck hurt when I got up this morning and I had that shoulder knot. After the workout and stretching it felt much better though and it didn't come back. My husband bought me one double what I was going to spend.

Jolie, I guess you posted close to when I posted this morning. That was a nice workout that you put together. If there was a snake on my patio, I would probably be timid about going out there again. I hope you have less problems in the new house. I gathered you have rock below your deck? My husband mentioned this to me once. He grew up out there and hanging at the beaches. Born in Newport Beach. The rock would be a breading ground for critters. I have to monitor my supplements to make sure of timing and that nothing counter acts another. I read on the Allegra I purchased for these awful allergies and it says not to take magnesium or aluminum antacids at the same time. Generally I take the allergy meds at bed time along with my hydroxychloraquine, and zinc mineral supplement. So I am taking the allergy med at dinner and the other stuff at bed time. I wondered if that includes magnesium and mineral supplements. I am using a heart magnesium that is taurate, niacin, and Qunol.

Roselyn, good for you getting the workout in without enough sleep.

Belinda, exercise is in most healing and getting rid of pain programs. It is good for us. If we quit, those joints will be worse off. It is difficult to work and have pain. Believe me I know.

Last edited:
Good morning,

Woke up this morning with my entire ear swollen, I was awake all night long. Every time I moved my head I was in a lot of pain. I couldn't sleep on my side. I am falling apart. Seriously :( I have an appointment with the doc this morning. I have a history of acute sinus/ear infection. I don't want it to get out of hands like it did a few years ago. I got hospitalized a few times.

Today is a rest day/or extended stretch. If I feel up too I will do a stretch. I do will do SBF D18 Standing Abs and Interm. UB.

I will be back later to catch up on personals.

• Sad
This morning I did RAW Boxing & Drills and had a great workout. Haven't done that one in a while. It is fun and now that I know what's coming I like it even more.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 219 calories, did 1807 steps and HRwas 134/199. Doubt I hit 199.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes, burned 121 calories, went 1 mile, did 2381 steps and HR was116/129.

Diane - My hamstring is ok now, not sure what that was? Maybe it was just sore from not running for so long? I don't know. Great job with your workout yesterday, that one looked like fun. Is it your birthday? If so, Happy Birthday!! Those posture stands are nice, I have one at work that I need to use more. Wow on the at home schooling, that must be a true pain in the butt. I feel so sorry for our kids. Some of our schools are going back, some aren't. It will be a crazy 1st semester. Good luck!!

Jolie - I worry about my hamstring, though, that pain a while back was no fun. I think I'll only run once in a while and do what I've been doing. Seems safer. Nice workout yesterday! So when will you be moving?

Roselyn - Great job on your workout even though you were tired!

Belinda - Isn't it that way? You have one thing going on and then a bunch of stuff happens. I sure hope you can get your ear problem under control. I used to get that each year, too, but it's been a while since I've had an infection like that. Take care, girl!!

Gotta run, hope you all have a great day!!

This morning I did IMAX 4 complete workout and then went and did the premix with just the combos for another 15 mintues. I had only done this once or twice when it was released and really enjoyed it- it was like having a brand new video!! I should cycle back through some of my other videos - just pick some and set them out so I see them to do.

Today I did another one of my Total Body Circuit Workouts. Same format as yesterday, 4 rounds with no rest between exercises, I did the warm up to CL Upper Body Lower Body DB Challenge and this is a long good warmup. Workout was 45 minutes and I burned 312 calories. Yesterday I burned 313 calories! Odd that the workouts were so close in calorie burns. I like how I am incorporating both upper body, lower body and abs in each workout. No dread factor at all.

4 Rounds of the circuit

Chest Flies- 20's x 12

1 Arm Rows- 25's x 12 ( need to go heavier next time )

Upright Rows- 15's x 12

Hammer Curls Standing- 17's x 12

Close Grip Chest Press- 20's x 12

Stiff Leg Deadlifts with a slight bend in the knee- 35#BB x 12

ABS
Monsters- x 20 Alternating
leg raises- x 20
DB pullovers with a leg lift alternating legs- x 30
Warriors- Toby Massingberg style exercise- x 40

Debbie, maybe you should just use your Bowflex, it seems like you don't aggravate the hamstring using that machine, which I bet is just as good of workout as running. Nice job on the cardio workout today, sounds fun. I am still trying to get home owners insurance on this house which no one wants in insure because of the high risks to fires in this area. No fire since 1974 and it is higher risk due to all of the fires the last couple of years. If it is too expensive we will pass on the house.

Diane Sue, my eye is twitching so bad that I need to supplement magnesium big time. My blood sugar support comes today so I am excited to try that and see what happens. I used to take that years ago and my sugar was spot on in my blood tests. I am also going to start taking more Beta Sitosterol and add Chromium in for my Cholesterol support. Nice workout yesterday, I think I posted around the same time that you did. Good luck with all of the online schooling, I had to do that with my son last year and once the kids get the hang of it, it ends up being ok.

Doreen, Great job on IMAX 4, I could never get the hang of those step workouts.

Belinda, good luck at the doctors with your ear! Maybe your ear has an infection due to the high humidity?
How are your knees today? I hate getting old, mine are a tad sore from the squats yesterday.

Make it a great day.

I forgot I did not check in this morning. My laptop upstairs was not pulling up the internet and I just did not have time.

Kelly posted this for her next raw out:
The final session from our Virtual Road Trip is now up on the APP. ABs and Stretch is ready for you! (FYI: the end of the Stretch cuts of because I ran out of space on the camera chip...)

This morning I took my granddaughter to the dentist, picked up my dogs Heartgaurd from the vet and then picked up McDonalds for the their lunch and splurged on a caramel frappe for myself since it is my birthday. It was way too sweet. I am more accustomed to not eating sugar. I came home and made my smoothie bowl with the almond butter with crystallized ginger in it. My husband put happy birthday I love you notes he printed all over the house :D
I did Ice Low Impact Sweat #2 with the blizzard blast, 38 minutes, heart rate 117/169, 171 calories, 3,283 steps. I swear my heart rate was mostly 140 range when I checked it and I never saw it go as low as it says my average was. I didn't look at it that many times though. I saw there is a new Versa coming out?? Not buying one. They need to fix what they got.

Belinda, I am so sorry. It sounds like you will need antibiotics again. Mine was having shooting pains for a couple of days on one ear. I haven't had that happen in so long. I had some antibiotic ear drops and used them the third day and it stopped. I kind of figured it was from me trying to stifle sneezing and coughing when around people and causing pressure in the ears or something. My allergies are really bad at the moment.

Debbie, that is a fun workout and I have done it a lot. I have done it with weighted gloves and have added a weight vest 4# a few times. It depends on how I feel. Nice work. I hope it was just doing a workout your legs were not used to since not doing it for awhile.
I think some of the school districts across the state with small classes have had in class, although there was something on the news about one community that had several covid cases after opening. Our city schools are not as far as I know. Private schools have opened. My grandson that goes to a Christian school is in class with masks and distancing. He is 8 and was so happy to be back in school with his friends. Our church has a small private school that is opened. They were a bit worried about finances, but they have had more students come in at the last minute. They had taken measures just in case and suggested that if we felt led to give to the school. Staff took some pay cuts, which I know they do not make what public school pays. It is a mess. My granddaughter texted the teacher and she got online today and they let her do the work again. Thank goodness. She was horrified and near tears over the grades she got trying to figure it all out. She never gets those grades.

Doreen, nice choice with the add on. I have done that one quite a lot and some of the premixes. I like the one that does the blasts twice.

Jolie, great workout today. That is too bad about the home owners insurance. The trace minerals I take from Thorne research has chromium as one of the supplements in it. I have been using my health results and blood work report from my arthritis doctor to see what is off and research to correct. I would much rather correct something than have to take meds for it. I wonder that sometimes on workouts and Fitbit results. I have done two different types of workouts that were the same length, but one was definitely more intense and cardiovascular, but I got almost exactly the same results on the Fitbit. Also when I do yoga it does not seem to matter whether it is more active or just lying, I get about 1 calorie per minute.

Quick update on my ear. I ended up in the ER in Bethesda. This ear infectio is different than any ear infections I had in the past. The doc wants me to see her again tomorrow, to keep on eye on the infection. Of course, if it gets worst tonight she wants me to go the ER tonight. She put me on antibiotics, pain medicine.They took a culture, I have to wait until I get the results. No workout to report today. Ended up taking a rest day.

Debbie - I hope I get it under control soon. I hate when things like this happens, messes with all my plans. I been dealing with sinus/ear infections for over 20 years. You would think I out grown it by now.

Jolie - can you get a ear infection from high humidity? Mmm.....didn't think about that. I do walk daily. Knees are not doing so great either today. Be careful with your knees. I skipped my workouts today. Getting old is sucks!

Diane - Happy birthday. Hope you having an amazing day. Thank you. I been using antibiotic ear drops for the last few day's. Can't get the swelling down. My ear is beet red/blue and very swollen. My face hurts from the swelling.

Have a great evening.

• Wow
Belinda, get plenty of rest and see what you can do to get inflammation down. Maybe that is why your knees hurt. Inflammation can be felt all over when it is in the body. I hope you are better in the morning and glad you went to the doctor.
I had a nice birthday and my husband had ordered pizza and me a ceasar salad and some cheese bread for dinner tonight. Today was really a lot of cheat foods :) I haven't even put the food in my fitness pal. Maybe I won't. I think I forgot yesterday too. It has been an exceptionally busy week and I keep lacking sleep.

I felt sluggish this morning and couldn't decide what I wanted to do. I decided on Sydney Cummings Glutes and Thighs workout of the day.... but then I stopped after 30 minutes because I wasn't feeling like doing a bunch of floor work for legs (next to abs I hate floor work).

Today I did CL#305 - Burn Sets: Express Legs Heavy Weights. I loved this workout, no dread factor whatsoever and I will probably do it many times again. I had a great workout and I hope I can walk tomorrow!!

5 Rounds using variations of squats, lunges and deadlifts. 12 reps each exercise unless I write different.

Round 1
Squats
: 20's
Static Lunges: 20's
Regular Deadlifts: 25's

Round 2
Heels Eleveated Squats
: 20's
Reverse Lunges: 20's
Wide Stance Deadlifts: 25's

Round 3
Sumo Squats
: 35#
Side Lunges: 15#
Single Leg Deadlifts: 25#

Round 4
Plie Squats
: 35#
Cross Back Lunges: 15's
Still Legged Deadlifts: 25's

Round 5
Pickup Squats
: 35# - 16 reps
Front Lunges: 15#
Elevated Deadlifts: 25's

Loved it. Workout was 35 minutes, burned 166 calories (every time I looked at my FB I was under 100 bpm yeet my heart rate was racing through most of this workout), HR was 146/166 (not sure how as I kept seeing 84, 96, 98.

Then I walked on my TM for 20 minutes, burned 124 calories, went 1 mile and did 2396 steps. HR was 117/143.

No time for personals, so have a great day everyone! I'll be back later hopefully!!

I just finished my workout. I did Kelly Box Fit mix boxing and lower body which includes the abs, 48 minutes, heart rate 119/157, 224 calories, 3,907 steps. The Update on my Fitbit has different zones that I was in now. I don't get it though as it is giving me 60 minutes of zones for the BoxFit workout when it was 48 minutes.
I then did Raw Virtual Road Trip abs and stretch, 24 minutes actual( I now know to forward fast3:55 to where they start unless I want to do something else while they are removing the steps and weights and getting drinks. It cuts off right when whe is getting into the lunge position to stretch legs. I burned 35 calories, heart rate 80/129, 391 steps.
Total time was 72 minutes, 259 calories, 4,298 steps.
BoxFIt Boxing and Lower Mix- All of the boxing then moves to the lower weight work doing all of the moves once then repeating them, cool down then abs and stretch.
Plie 1 1/2 15# dumbbells
slalom squats 10# dumbbells
deadlift/squat ups 15# dumbbells
lunge front and back 10# dumbbells
repeat
abs with 15# dumbbell
crunch, full sit up,russian twists, no weight explosive sit up repeat

Debbie, great job on the weights and that workout. I was a bit worried when I updated the Fitbit, but it worked about the same as usual. It did drop off a bit, but I think it was catching up after I had to run downstairs when the grandchildren came and talk to their Dad as he decided to take my grandson with him since he is not doing school today. Anyway, I ran upstairs and tried to get my HR back up before I restarted my workout. It has a new feature that tracks your heart rate zones and shows on the home screen of the app. I think maybe the 60 minutes on the Box Fit may have been the time I was in elevated heart rate zones. Abs was only about 2 minutes in the zone. Anyway, it does show zones on the watch as well when you check since it is on the homescreen. Did you do the update yet? I was worried and trying to see if they had a list of what they were updating and I accidentally pushed update I guess. I figure they have new watches coming out and will be messing around with it again trying to correct things:rolleyes:

Todays workout was Total Body Workout #3, the same format as the others, 4 rounds x 12 reps per exercise or if I state differently. Workout was 45 minutes and I burned 320 calories. I am sore from yesterdays workout, change is good! I watched Cathe's Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets while I worked out, I used that warm up today, and boy this is a great workout. I will be doing this one hopefully soon. I love Cathe's older workouts.

Incline Chest Press- 22's x 12

Pull Overs- 15's x 12

1 Arm Lateral Raise- 12# x 12

Standing W Curls- 15's x 12 ( go heavier next time )

Cross Body Lying Triceps Ext.- 12# x 12 ( go heavier next time )

Front Squats with BB- 25# x 16

ABS- 4 Different exercise and numerous reps. I like doing AB's everyday along with legs.

Debbie, that workout looks amazing. I will try that one maybe next week. I think I would be able to walk or sit down after not doing a workout like that in a long time. I wonder if my knees could take it? Great job walking afterwards too!

Belinda, how is your ear today? I hope you are doing better today. Keep us posted.

Doreen, I know what you mean when you just aren't into a workout, at least you finished doing something that you like.

Diane Sue, Great workout today! I see that you can do lunges still, good for you. My knees just cant take those anymore. Are you sleeping better?

Off to workout on some paper work to by this house. So much is required it is just crazy!

Have a wonderful day, I get to have my air conditioner off for the first time in about 10 days!!!!! Yes!

Jolie, nice workout again. I have Strong Body Total Body Giant Sets. It is a good workout. I have not had any problems with my knees doing lunges other than when I had the torn miniscus. I know Kelly has said to do reverse lunges if front lunges bother. I have learned that too much with a higher step can aggravate and a lot of impact. Also cross back lunges used to really bother. I can do them now, but I am very careful of doing them off of a step as that is when it has hurt the worst in the past. If I feel twinges in them I back off. It is 104 here right now. Really miserable and still hot.

Roselyn, nice work on Max 30 Intervals.

I just got discharged from the ER. The infection got worse since yesterday. I will give more details tomorrow. I am tired.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.