Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for March 2018

Teddy, nice to see that you got your pic up :) I haven't been to Sams club in years. It sounds like you have plenty of workouts to do ;) Nice workout.

Roselyn, I you doing different Yvette workouts or repeating some of them. I need to try more. She is pretty intense. Maybe I will try one of the 45 minutes or so ones.

Yep, thank you I went to profile, my photos and pic; really easy. You know they have closed over 100 Sam’s Clubs around the

DOZ, I remember reading your posts years ago when I lurked on this thread. I am glad you are back! Nice workout today, I love STS especially Meso 2!

No workout today, I went to the Chiropractor and had my low back adjusted and I am feeling much better. My back was screwed up but I am fixed now! I might just walk and take it easy the remainder of the week so my back stays put.

Debbie, the workout I did yesterday was 40 minutes or so, I had to re set some equipment so that added some time to it. If you go with no breaks, you could get through it pretty quickly. I really liked it, I wanted to do 3 rounds but my back was sore so I skipped the last round. I still had a great workout.

Roselyn, great workout today.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great day, I think I read you have a grand child over today. Have fun.

Have a nice day!

Teddy, I went to Sams club a lot when they first opened here. After my children all left home I just didn't buy in bulk that much anymore and didn't go there hardly at all so I quit keeping up my membership. I don't know how they will do here when they have competition move in.

Jolie, I am glad that your back is feeling better. I think the walking sounds like a good plan.

Today I did Total Body again and had a pretty good workout considering my ribs really hurt while doing most of the exercises. I'm starting to wonder if I did crack one? Not sure what to do about it?

Circuit workout doing all exercises in a row with no rest, then repeating for a total of 3 sets. Last set I went to failure. I was sweating really good with this one. Warmed up with MM.

Incline Dumbbell Press - 30's - 10/10/15 reps
Pullovers - 30# - 10/10/11 reps
Barbell Shoulder Press - 30# - 10/10/10 reps (did this with palms facing me, felt really weird)
Hammer Curls w/Twist - 20's - 10/10/10/12 reps
Lying Triceps Barbell Extension - 30# - 10/10/10/12 reps
Elevated Deadlifts - 55# - 10/10/15reps
Abs - V-Ups on Bench - 15/15/20 reps

Workout was 32 minutes, burned 194 calories. Avg HR was 122, Max 156.

I also did the Tabata workout on my treadmill and did really well with it. Missed doing this workout!! Then walked for a total of 1.18 miles. I burned and additional 148 calories and went 2702 steps. Avg HR was 123, Max was 186.

DOZ - I have an app on my tablet called Treadmill Workout, its by a developer called Dots N Lines. Awesome app if you like running. It comes with several workout plus you can make your own. It is the BEST free app ever, I love it. This is for Androids, not sure Apple has it. Nice job on your workout! I like CC 2 but the warmup is so short. I don't get why it's done that way?

Diane Sue - Great job with your workout! Hope you had fun with your grandson!

Jolie - Hope you are ok, how is the back?

Roselyn - Is Yvette's workouts online? Or do you have DVD's by her? Can you send me the link to her website?

We got 6 inches of snow here last night. We weren't supposed to get anything. Good thing our weather people know how to look at weather maps. Unreal....

Morning guys

Workout ✅ I did Legs & Glutes (still ❤️) I repeated the squats did 6x and I did MIS abs good ole tradition ab work. Then decided I wanted to do plank work, but my back is to weak. I literally couldn’t hold 5 sec argh......

Lasts night, I decided I wanted to view a few of Cathe’s newer workouts and I fell in love with Ploy HiiT going to order when I build up my stamina a bit. I do have Cathe’s HiiT Intervals dvd never even opened it. I started watching it and was like dang why you haven’t pressed play; that workout is awesome with 3 workouts on it, pretty nice variety. I promised myself to train harder! Because I get stuck and will continue using the same ole workouts.

Debbie - NICE work you train so hard, love that about you. Are you still having pain in your upper body?

Diane - hello, Let me bring you guys up to date a bit. I have 17 grandchildren ❤️ 4 of them are great grands. I know right; I live in Sam’s Club. Every weekend I have a house full; with 2 grand dogs, and one 4 month old myself. I STAY BUSY..........lol love it I wouldn’t change a thing....

Jolie and Rose - Hello, hope I didn’t leave out anyone, if so I apologize, matter of fact how many in this group?

Well guys, got errands to run, will check back later, Blessings

Today I did Z Cut Power strength disc 1 workouts 1 and 2 with a 3 minute warm up bounce and the warm up and colldown, 46 minutes, 284 calories, met 5.6, heart rate 115 average, 145 max. I then did Kelly's Build and Burn Kickbox only mix, 16 minutes, 106 calories, met 6 using 1# dumbbells., heart rate average 125, max 154. Total time was 62 minutes, 390 calories.
Z cut 2 rnds
workout #1 10 manmakers 5# dbs, 8# dbs
4 point punches 5# dbs, 8# dbs
side to side hop 100 reps
50 squats 8# dbs, 10# dbs
workout # 2 4 rnds 12 minutes
forward back lunge switch 8# dbs 10 reps
Santana push ups 10 reps 8# dbs
competition burpee 10 reps
A friend here on the forums gave me her Z Cut workouts. I have the yoga and an ab one already and she gave me the power strength series ones and the power cardio series. I think it will be fun doing them.

Debbie, have you tried researching the possibility of coughing an cracking or injuring a rib? Be careful. That does not sound quite right. I know when you strain things that bad from coughing it can take awhile for it to let up, but you should be better by now. Not Roselyn, but Yvette Bachman is on youtube and her workouts are mostly around an hour or longer. From what I understand there is quite a bit of high impact in them. I was hoping for a just strength one, but I have not seen one. Maybe Roselyn can give a better account. Snow and spring do not go together :)

Teddy aka daughter of zion aka doz :) What name do you prefer. I just remember you as Teddygirl :) Wow, you have a lot of family too. I thought mine was large. Mine keeps growing with boyfriends coming to events, and one granddaughter that is getting married in May. We have Sunday brunches for the family at my daughters most of the time and Wednesday dinners before church activities at mine every week and of course all of the drop ins. I love that my teenage grandchildren come by to hang out. I fully understand how you feel. I have 8 grandchildren, 3 adults and two upcoming adults in May. Family dogs 4 one is mine.

Last edited:
Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and did really well with it. Actually, it was puke status. I feel almost 100% back in the game. Love this workout.

Workout was 40 minutes, burned 346 calories (TM said 392), went 2.91 miles and did 5813 steps. Avg HR was 146 and Max was 201.

It sure seems like my FB is the most accurate than another other device I've had. I like the readings I get, even though I doubt I really hit 201 bpm. I love the Ionic watch, it rocks.

DOZ - My upper back has been good. The minute I feel a knot or tightness, I use the tennis ball on it and it pretty much goes away. Thanks on my lifting, I have backed way down on the weights I lift, no where near what I used to do. I'm just trying to train safer, it isn't worth the injuries. I know back when you were posting before I hated cardio and just wanted to lift. Now it's the other way around, I love running and still love to lift, it's just not a passion like it used to be. I consider myself a "Runner" now and even subscribe to Runners World and Women's Running. LOL!! Nice job on L&G!! You are killing it with your workouts. I bet you have been sore. And don't sweat the planks, it will come. Wow on your grandchildren! I have 5 and a couple of them are almost teenagers. It's hard to believe.

Diane Sue - Nice job on that workout, no way would I do 100 hops, my knees would not like that at all!!! No, I haven't researched anything about cracked ribs, just going on what I feel. I agree, it should be better by now but I am still coughing. Yesterday I had another coughing fit that lasted at least 3 minutes. That hasn't happened in a couple days so not sure what that was all about. Today I'm doing pretty good. Ribs were hurting a bit when I was running. Hoping it will heal soon. Thanks on Yvette's workouts. I really need to take some time and do some research on these new ones you are all doing.

Jolie - Hope you are doing ok with your back.

Roselyn - Hope you have a killer workout today!!!

I didn't check in yesterday because my internet was down all day and I had some repair people here working on things. I did do an easy walk yesterday, 3 miles and I burned 386 calories. My back is feeling better but it was sore by the end of the day. We will have heavy rain all day today so I am not sure what I will do for my workout. I am not lifting weights until Saturday at least. Tomorrow I have a dentist appt. in the a.m. so I wont be working out.

Debbie, great cardio workout and good job on the weight full body workout the day before!

Diane Sue, nice job on that workout yesterday. I have never heard of the first part you did, but nice calorie burn. Taking it easy this week so I can go on my ski trip feeling good.

Teddy, Legs and glutes! Wow, I haven't done that workout in years!!!! Good job.

Roselyn, I hope you are having some good workouts this week.

Gotta run and get my kids off to school. They have to be there before 7am today.

Today I walked on the TM for 45 minutes, incline 6.0 and speed 3.3. I traveled 2.5 miles and I burned 402 calories. I was huffing and puffing since I have not done any kind of cardio in awhile. It felt really good to move, my back hurt less while walking than just taking it easy. Its finally raining here today, I am a little scared for the burn areas and mud slides.

Have a nice day.

Today I did Z Cut Power Cardio disc 1 workout 1 with the warm up, bonus abs, and cool down, 42 minutes, met 6.0, 278 calories, heart rate 112 avg., 162 max. The heart rate average was probably higher because I missed some of the Fit Bit time as I paused the watch and forgot to restart. I went by the calories form Map My Fitness and calories burned app, along with met value. I then did my planned Ripped with Hiit Lower body Circuit doing the scrambled express mix that has a few intervals removed, 35 minutes, heart rate average 121, max 154, met. 5.9, 226 calories. I didn't figure I needed more jumping from the intervals anyway. Total time was 77 minutes and calories burned 504.
Z Cut power cardio
50 competition burpees done in between the other moves and extra added at the end
10 tuck jumps done twice
20 jump lunges done twice
30 kick ups (2 kicks counts as 1, much like a crab kick)
40 jacks/side kicks
I did not write down the abs workout moves.
Ripped with Hiit, I used Cathe's weights except on the portions holding a 20# dumbbell because I did not want to use the Bowflex weight I used 25#.

Deb, I hope it is better soon for you. You are doing well considering the coughing. I have been coughing do to allergies and it gets so hard at times I just cannot talk. I was trying to tell my dog she could eat yesterday and she sat back and waited for me to get done coughing. the only thing we have right now is tree pollen. I did some of those jumps on my rebounder. Particularly tuck jumps and side to side jumps. These are not long, but boy do the take a lot of work while you are doing the workouts. I think actual work time on the Z Cut today was only 13 minutes for the cardio. It was plenty.

Jolie, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. I hope your internet stays up for you. My grandson went to Colorado yesterday for Spring break.

https://zuzkalight.com/category/blog/ Jolie, you might find some of her stuff helpful. Right now she is working on her back hurting and she has a blog on what the problem is and how she is dealing with it. There is a blog on knees too. She is trained in Egoscue method which adjusts postural differences that cause pain. Egoscue has several books out on dealing with what is causing the pain without meds. It is strengthening areas that need strengthening and a particular order of doing the moves. There are some videos on his website under learning center and you can watch them on youtube. I read about him on Dr Axe as well. He has some dvds on Amazon or you can find clinics that use his method.
www.egoscue.com
Zuzka uses his method in some workouts on her streaming.

Hello guys

Today, I did STS back and triceps, my favorite two body parts; and MIS S&H abs and planks, total of 13 minutes I was able to hold plank position , 10 seconds longer, big improvement from the other day Altho, I didn’t execute the in and out movement with my legs I just held the position. All in all pretty good workout. I can feel my body slowly progressing. And I’m down a total of 5.2 lbs.

Well everyone not much chit chat, going to make me a cup of tea and retire for today ripping and running all day making purchases, for my son. I know it’s been long time but can someone pleases tell me what DOZ stand for lol.

I’m going to try to find Teddygirls page, think I remember password, will see. I signed on about a year ago under that name. Just need a nap for now.ttyl

Nice work guys

Today I did Total Body again and had a good workout. Didn't sweat as much as I have with the others, not sure why? Ribs hurt with the first exercise but I was ok with the rest.

Circuit workout doing all exercises in a row with no rest, then repeating for a total of 4 sets. Warmed up with Gym Style Back, Biceps & Shoulders.

4 sets of 10 reps with each circuit:

Incline Dumbbell Flyes - 25's
Pull-Ups - Assisted bands
Lateral Raise - 12's
Zottman Curls - 15's
Overhead Triceps dumbbell Extension - 25#
Leg Press Station - 135#
Firewalkers - 4 steps x 4 steps - 4 times through

Workout was 31 minutes, burned 167 calories. Avg HR was 115, Max 144.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1 miles on a 3% incline. Burned 109 calories and went 2470 steps. Avg HR was 88 and Max was 125.

Teddygirl - Did you see my post above? I shortened your log in name to DOZ (Daughter of Zion). Would you prefer us to call you Teddygirl? Nice job with your workout!

Diane Sue - Coughing is the worst. Nice workout yesterday!!

Jolie - Glad you were able to get something in yesterday!!!

Morning

Workout done ✅ tomorrow is my rest day looking forward to it muscle tight and sore. This morning I did Cardio Kicks ❤️ that workout never get old lol and Kickmax conditioning drills.

Debbie - thank you I like DOZ ☺️ going to see if I can find teddygirl and make changes, not sure if I can,will see. I do want to keep new just want to see stats

Today I got done early because my daughter and grandchildren were coming over. We had a pleasant day :) I did Z Cut Power strength disc 1 workout 3 and 4 with the warm up and cool down, 48 minutes, heart rate 106 average, 142 max, 1005 step,s met 5, 265 calories. I then did Fit Split Mixed Impact cardio timesaver mix 1, 29 minutes, 202 calories, met 6.3, 2,532 steps. There is a lot of push ups and burpees in these so far.
I may not do one of the cardio workouts tomorrow. I guess I will preview again first. I think I might need a break tomorrow. I went ahead with workout 4 because it did not have burpees and concentrated a bit on lower body. I am terrible at pistol squats. I have no clue how she gets so low in them. My knees won't do that. She does give alternatives in the previews of the moves though. I can go much lower with my knee I had surgery on than the other one. I am off balance for sure.

workout 3 done in 4 rounds 8# dumbbells
10 overhead squat press 2 dumbbells
10 side burpees and push ups bodyweight
10 pike press knee tucks body weight
10 lunge twists 2 dumbbells
workout 4 8# dumbbells 3 rounds
10 weighted pistols squats 1 dumbbell
10 dive bomber push ups body weight
30 dragon lunge combos 2 dumbbells

Debbie, nice workout today. I am glad that you are able to get back into some weights.

DOZ, I kind of like that too. Nice job with Cardio kicks and conditioning drills from Kickmax.

Goodness the week got away from me!!

Yesterday was bis tris and shoulders
Today I did an Yvette Bachman kickboxing bootcamp I really love her workouts

Tomorrow I think will chest and back then working tomorrow

Have great workouts and great weekends

I am not feeling well this morning. I don't know if it is just allergies or something else since my stomach is upset too. I did Fit Split Low Impact only mix, 27 minutes, 175 calories, avg heart rate 132, max 167. That is it for me today. I have to take my husband to pick up the motorcycle he left to be serviced. Not much else here.

Roselyn, nice job keeping up with the workouts :)

Hey guys

Finally got a chances to sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee ☕️ my grandkids gone . Today is my rest day, Sunday starts my week.

Diane Sue - you are so dedicated, relax and get better

Roselyn- hi lady, good workout. I’m going to research Yvette don’t think I know about her.

Hello to everyone, hope you are enjoying your day; see you tomorrow ☺️

Reactions: WD
Morning

Workout 30 minute slow steady jog and Gym Style Legs, check back later. Need to soak lol

Roselyn- checked out Yvette Kickboxing workout; got it on this weeks schedule. Thanks

Reactions: WD

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.