Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for March 2018

No workout today unfortunately... I have to go with my husband this morning to look at some cars. My lease it up and I don't know what I want to get for my next car. I am thinking the Ford Edge Sport. I want a little bigger car for my long trips to NV to see my son in college. Also, it has to be a Ford because my husband works for the company and gets awesome deals!

Debbie,
sorry about the coughing attacks, that just sucks. Good job on getting a walk in anyway, at least you did something positive for yourself. Hopefully tomorrow you feel better. I love the total body workouts because there is no dread factor for me especially doing legs. And, I am getting my ab work in as well, that's a plus!

Diane Sue, great workout today! 88 minutes is long but I am sure you enjoyed it!!! Great calorie burn too.

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today.

Have a good day. We are supposed to get rain today!

I did Cathe live cardio mish mosh today

Anyone here try bone broth protein powder? there are a couple on amazon that had good reviews just never tried

Jolie, I hope you find what you want in a vehicle.

Roselyn, I hope you get to feeling better. Spring is coming, all of this illness should be gone. I have used Ancient nutrition Bone broth protein in Vanilla. I like it. It has a different taste from whey protein. It is kind of darker in color. Not unpleasant though. I have bough it quite a few times and have picked up single serve packets at Sprouts once in awhile. Right now I just started using Ancient Nutrition (Dr Axe) Bone Broth Protein Burst in Apple Greens pre-workout powder that I am mixing with water in the mornings. I have only used it three days though. I think that Prometheus might make a bone broth protein. I purchased their multi collagen that has all of the collagen components that Ancient Nutrition has. It has no taste and I put it in my coffee. It is supposed to be US ingredients. Some of those companies package and process here, but their source comes from places like Argentina. So, research before you buy.

Roselyn, I meant to mention I looked at Peak Performance bone broth protein and contemplated it. I need more research on where their sources come from though. They have good claims. The bone broth multi collagen I use mainly for my joints and ligaments. It has 7ngrams of protein

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Today I did Home Gym Intervals #2 by Kelly and had a great workout. I love these workouts, I wish she'd make more of them. And if they were 40 minutes, that would be perfect! But I like the 30 minute workouts nonetheless. This one was fun and went fast.

This was intervals of around 1 min. 30 seconds on the treadmill and then 1 minute exercises. I used 8 & 10# dumbbells for all the exercises.

Bicep Curl/Squat - 10's
Kickbacks - 8's
Knee Smash, right side - 10#
Knee Smash, left side - 10#
Cross Press/Squat, right - 10#
Cross Press/Squat, left - 10#
Pushups
Dips

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 218 calories, went 1.25 miles on my treadmill. Avg. HR was 135 and Max was 174.

Then I walked on the treadmill for another 1.25 miles for 24 minutes and burned an additional 123 calories. Avg HR was 90, Max was 106. Really low there, weird.

Diane Sue - I heard ginger is a good remedy as well but I'm not a big ginger fan. Interesting on the oil. Nice workout, 88 minutes is WAY too long for me!!! Nice job!!

Roselyn - Hope you are feeling better.

Jolie - Did you end up getting a new car?

Debbie, I get the oil of oregano in capsules. I tride liquid and it was awful. It would be great if Kelly made more home gym interval workouts. She did one on her streaming channel. Someone asked her if she was still going to make dvds and she said yes as long is people still buy them.

So I am getting the Ford Edge Sport but my husband has to have it brought to the dealer from another dealer in LA. I got a loaded one and it is beautiful. White with Black leather interior with a sun roof and 22 inch rims. I am so excited because I have had to drive an energy electric car for the last 5 years for school commuting so I get to get a nice car again.

Today was Total Body Workout #2 week 5. 3 rounds of the circuit and the last set to failure. I forgot to put my fitbit on today! oh well.

Chest Flies- 20# x 12, x 12, x 15 TF ( 3 rounds of the circuit)
Close Grip Cable Pulldowns palms facing in- 70# x 12, x 12, x 13 TF
Upright Rows DB- 17# x 12, x 12, x 12 TF
W Curls- 15# x 12, x 12, x 14 TF
Close Grip Chest Press- 17# x 12, x 12, x 15 TF
Leg Ext- 60# x 16, x 16, x 17 TF
Leg Curls- 22.5# x 14, x 14, x 16 TF

No ABS today. I am feeling a little nauseas so I didn't do too much. My youngest son left for school vomiting and had to pull over on the side of the freeway to vomit. I suppose he will be coming home from school. Good news, he got an 84% on a big Spanish test yesterday and he was so happy. They told him if he fails one class this semester he cannot go back to the school next year, even with a learning disability. They really only want the really smart people, exchange students ect. but the football dept is what funds the school. Crazy. He is really stressed by is trying really hard. His mood is much better since his grades are going up. go figure!

Debbie, nice job on that workout today. I love that workout too! I like those types of workouts, we
should come up with our own and do those for the next month! Just take our total body workouts, omit some sets and add in cardio between the sets! It could be a different workout every day. I think I will put that together!!!!

Roselyn, Rats, I cant believe you aren't feeling well. Everyone is sick!!!!! Stay warm and get some rest and you will be better before you know it!

Diane Sue, I'm going on the master cleanse for a few days so I don't get sick and just eat some chicken and veggies with it. The cayenne pepper will burn any sickness coming my way out of the body along with the lemon and honey. I hope you have a good workout today.

Have a good day!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Pump workout #1 boxing cardio, 30 minutes, heart rate average 132, max 155, met 6.1, 202 calories, 2,89 steps. I wore my 1.5# gloves. I then did Kelly's Circuit Burn premix cardio and boxing, 31 minutes, 212 calories, heart rate average 139, max 168, 3,061 steps followed by the abs 6 minutes, 25 calories, 32 steps. I used a 10 # dumbbell and a 5# soft med ball for where she uses the dumbbell between the knees. I don't like holding metal weights between my knees as they slip and they hurt. Total time was 67 minutes, 439 calories.
Tomorrow I will do Ripped with Hiit Chest, Shoulders, and triceps adding some longer abs and maybe cardio. It depends on how I am feeling. I went outside to clean up little seedlings from the neighbors tree and set off the allergies. It itches all through my sinuses now. I keep coughing :(

Jolie, I looked at the Ancient Nutrition Fit formula and it was loaded with peppers. It was not quite what I was looking for. I was afraid it would upset my stomach even though I really love pepper and pour it all over the food I eat. I wanted the Ashwahganda and Cordyceps in it along with the greens and protein. It has energizers in it as well. That is why I chose the Burst formula. It has stuff for energy. It just covers some protein and the greens along with adaptogens in one formula for me. Somehow I missed your post this morning. Nice workout today :) That is great that you get the car that you want now.

Roselyn, I am sorry you are not feeling well still. There has been so much going around lately.

Today I did Cardio Coach 1 and had a great workout. I think I'm almost back to normal. I ran well and fast and other than coughing a few times I did great!!! Felt good to run again.

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 308 calories (TM said 335) went 2.5 miles and did 5051 steps. Avg. HR was 151!!!! and Max was 196. I think my HR is up because of the meds I've been on. Hopefully that will level out again soon.

Jolie - Awesome on the new vehicle!! I have a Chevy Trax and I love it. I hope your black seats aren't a problem when it's over a hundred degrees in the summer. Those can get really hot. I would like to come up with a couple workouts like Kelly's Home Gym Intervals. That would be cool!!!!

Diane Sue - You know, with all the supplements and good stuff we put in our bodies you'd think we would never get sick!! LOL! Nice workout yesterday, you are rockin' it!!! I am so glad I bought some of Kelly's workouts, I am really loving them. Hopefully soon I'll be able to stream workouts in my workout room.

Roselyn - So sorry the bug got you, hope you get better soon.

I used Nasalcrom twice yesterday and I hate it!! I was exhausted, felt weird, nose got stuffy :eek: and I could not sleep last night. I finally left bed at 3 am so as not to disturb my husband because he has a long day at work today. I was still sneezing and coughing this morning. I had planned on a Hiit workout with the weights today, but wasn't feeling it. I did Ripped with Hiit Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps, 43 minutes, 203 calories, average heart rate 107, max 148, met 4.6, 1018 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey's Trim Down, Kelly's favorite 20 minutes mix ,23 minutes as I wrote things down, heart rate average 118, max 164, 138 calories, 939 steps, met 5.4. I was wanting to see what was on this one, because it is not listed on Kelly's site for premixes etc.. I know I did this one soon after knee surgery because it got my heart rate up without jumping and a lot of lower work. I think one of the two 30 minute workouts was very low on lower body moves. I then did Ripped with Hiit abs #1, 10 minutes, 45 calories, 201 steps. Total time was 66 minutes, calories burned 341.
weights
flat bench press 20# dbs, 12 reps 3 sets finisher push ups 15 reps
incline bench press 20# dbs 3 sets 12 reps finisher triceps push ups 15 reps
incline fly 17.5# dbs, 3 sets 12 reps finisher decline push ups 16 reps
super set; BB overhead press/ upright row 35# x 3 sets 10/10 reps finisher scarecrows 5# dbs 20 reps
super set: lateral raise/front raise 10#dbs/15# 3 sets 10 /10 reps finisher 3xternal rotation lateral raise 8# dbs 15 reps
overhead triceps extensions 30# db , 3 sets, 12 reps, finisher dips 20/20 reps
barbell lying extensions 35# , 3 sets, 12 reps finisher kickbacks 10# dbs
Kelly's favorite mix 1 min each move followed by 1 min boxing
spiderman squats 5# dbs, boxing
rainbow squat 12# db, boxing
Romanian deadlift high pull 10# dbs, boxing
plank/knee in/row 10# dbs , boxing
squat/curl/press 10# dbs, boxing

Debbie, that is great that you are getting back into your routine again. Your treadmill was not too far off from your Fit Bit today. You really would think with the supplements and attention to nutrition that we would have really strong immune systems. So, much is going around though that I supposed staying away from the bugs when going out is near impossible. I have not went near a pharmacy through the cold and flu season. I wish I could find a natural way to deal with the allergies. I have taken Bee Pollen the last two years and at first that, lemon juice and vinegar seemed to help. I am not so sure right now. Lately I have been hit several times with the allergies. They are saying the cedar pllen should be down in a couple of weeks.

Checking in so late today! I have been swamped today and I am done.

Full Body Workout, 3 circuit rounds and the last round to failure. I burned 248 calories.

Incline Chest Press- 25# x 12, x 12, x 16 TF
1 Arm Rows- 20# x 12, x 12, x 18 TF need to go heavier next time
Shoulder press palms facing inward- 17# x 12, x 12, x 16 TF
Hammer Curls- 17# x 12, x 12, x 15 TF
Cross Body Triceps Ext- 12# x 12, x 12, x 16 TF
Front Squats 15# x 16, x 16, x 20 TF
ABS all types- x 42, x 42, x 40

No time to read your posts, I will catch up tomorrow.

Debbie, I am getting air conditioned seats!!!

Sweet Dreams...

I woke up with sore abs and couldn't figure out why. Then I remembered that I did the Waistline workout on Kelly's Home Gym workout. I forgot to post that yesterday.

Today I did B&B Kickbox Kettlebell workout and had fun with it. Next time I will use a 15# kettlebell as 10# seems way too easy. I did the last segment of kickbox and kettlebell twice to make this a full 30 minute workout. I used the 15# KB the 2nd time I did it and it did make a huge difference.

Workout was 30 minutes, burned 191 calories. Avg HR was 128 and Max was 170.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 20 minutes and burned an extra 107 calories, walked 1 mile and went 2479 steps. Avg HR was 85 and Max was 99. Really low here.

Diane Sue - Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I get allergies once in a while but not as much as I used to. Nice job on your workout even though you weren't feeling much like doing one.

Jolie - Air conditioned seats? I'm assuming they heat as well although you wouldn't need that where you live. I've been using my heated seats for months now. It's 24 here today, this cold just won't break. Nice job on your workout!! I'm still not sure what I want to do next week.

Debbie, I like that waistline workout. Nice work today with Build and Burn. I have went back and did the kettlebell or boxing only mixes to extend the time. I really love that workout series.

Today I did a mix of workouts. I really did well with it and my allergies have settled down. I need to go outside and do some work though and have been avoiding it. The weather is beautiful today. Workout was all premixes. Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit #1 mix 7 scrambled, 29 minutes, average heart rate 126, max 155, met 6.0 , 192 calories, 2,210 steps. I then did Ripped with Hiit Lower Body Circuit blasts only mix #3 28 minutes, 201 calories, heart rate average 134, max 163, 1,995 steps, modifying some of the step jumps, finished with Fit Tower Boot camp mish mosh #1 , cardio leg blast skipped the warm up, 26 minutes 158 calories, met 5.5. I was unable to get the steps for this because I forgot to start the Fit Bit so had to go off of Map my Fitness. Total time was 83 minutes, calories burned 551, 5,288 steps total this morning. I did miss some steps going up and down the stairs to get my Fit Bit which I left in the charger.

Today I did Total Body workout #4 week #5. Workout was 40 minutes and I burned 249 calories. I always warm up to STS meso 2 dvds. 3 rounds of the circuit and the final round to failure.

Incline Chest Flies- 20# x 12, x 12, x 13TF
Narrow Grip Pull Downs- 70# x 12, x 12,x 15 TF
Front Raise DB's 2 arms- 8# x 12, x 12, x 13 TF
Preacher Curls- 15# x 12, x 12, x 12 TF
Close Grip Chest Press DB- 17# x 12, x 12, x 15 TF
Leg Ext- 60# x 16, x 16, x 17 TF
Leg Curls- 22.5# x 14, x 14, x 15 TF

My lower back is bothering me again so I will see the Chiropractor on Tues. I want to feel good for my ski trip in a few weeks. I picked up my dog and I heard it go out. Shoot!

Diane Sue, nice workout yesterday and I am glad you are having some nice weather. It is cool and cloudy here lately about 62 degrees.

Have a nice Saturday.

It has been a busy day and I am headed out to my daughter's in a bit for a jewelry party. I did Build and Burn Cardio Core, 27 minutes, 179 calories, heart rate average 129, max 170. I then did Build and Burn Trim and Tone Intervals , 25 minutes, heart rate average 138, max 174, 158 calories. I also did Fit Split abs, 13 minutes, 57 calories and finished off with Barre Amped lower body stretch 19 minutes, 42 calories. Total time was 84 minutes and calories burned 436.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.