Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check-in for March 2018

This morning I did Cardio Hits Power Max, 64 minutes, 414 calories, met 5.9, 5,773 steps, heart rate average 138, max 169. I then did Z-cut power yoga crescent and warrior series and cool down, 20 minutes, 49 calories, heart rate 97 average, 127 max, 182 steps. Total time was 84 minutes, 465 calories. My Fit Bit has been doing better lately. It was actually even working pretty well with the yoga and sometimes ahead of map my fitness. I swear it does best with lots of foot work.

Roselyn, I thought about doing some of STS, but not a rotation of it. I just feel like a lot of weight workouts are pretty much the same stuff. I just want some change.

Debbie, I remember, you will get better. I am sorry you were so sick.

Diane Sue, I have not really decided if I am doing a rotation yet or not I shall see:)

I did a new workout today after Meso back and triceps, the trainer is Hannah Eden, did a 10 minute lighting workout, pretty good trying a different one tomorrow

Reactions: WD
Today I am feeling a lot better! Stress levels are down and my head cold is almost gone. My toe is black and blue but is better as well. I could walk the dog in my shoes today instead of wearing flip flops. I just booked a trip for my youngest son and I to go on vacation together snowboarding at Mammoth Mountain during spring break. I am so excited he wants to go with me, just the two of us! The healing process has started.

I hope you all had great workouts today and I will hopefully be back at it tomorrow.

Debbie, I hope you are doing better today! I backed off working out with my head cold because I didn't want to get really sick like you did. :(

Have a wonderful day!

I once again just walked on my treadmill, can't get this cough to go away. It's not as bad but it's still there. I really want to start lifting and running again. I could probably do some lifting again but my ribs still hurt pretty bad. I sure hope I didn't crack them.

Walk was 50 minutes, burned 301 calories (dang!), went 2.5 miles and did 5992 steps. Avg HR was 110 and Max was 138.

Diane Sue - Nice going with your workout yesterday. Glad your FB seems to be better. Mine seems to be pretty accurate lately.

Jolie - Wow, how exciting about you and your son going on vacation together!! That will be awesome! I'm glad things are getting better.

Roselyn - Where do you find all these trainers? I need to look them up.

Today I walked outside, a short walk, just to get some fresh air and take in the spring weather. I walked 3 miles and burned 311 calories. My toe got very sore in my shoe by the time I finished, I don't think walking this week is a good idea. Don't know if I will workout for the rest of the week, I am enjoying a well deserved rest week. I always forget to take time off, but I really need a break before I start another month of my full body workouts. I might do some sort of tri sets or just keep it the same.

Debbie, what are you going to do once you are back to lifting? How are your ribs? My mom got really sick a few years back and coughed a lot too. She had sore ribs as well. Does it hurt when you lay down?

Diane Sue, I will check back later and look at your post. I hope you have a nice workout.

Roselyn, Looking forward to seeing what you did today for your workout.

Have a nice day.

Today I started with Kelly Coffey's Body Design warm up and cardio bootcamp, 16 minutes, 139 calories, heart rate 137 average, max 178, I forgot to write down the met value. I do have it on the workout manager though, 1,714 steps. I then did STS Phase 4 Total Body, 77 minutes(66 actual), heart rate 108 average, max 136, 1,614 steps, 382 calories met 4.5. Total time was 93 minutes, and calories burned 521.
weights - tri-sets done twice 16 reps 1 set, 12 reps second
squats 30#dumbbells(dbs)
one leg elevated lunges 20# dbs
power barbell deadlift 45#

flat bench press barbell 35#
chest flys flat bench 15# dbs
dips bodyweight 16, 12 reps
burn out after second set close grip push ups 8 reps/ standard push ups 16 reps

barbell rows 45#
one arm row 25#dbs
standing dumbbell curl 17.5# dbs
T-pull band/ seated band curls

squats narrow stance 30# dbs
static lunge 22.5# dbs
stiff legged barbell dead lift 45#

standing overhead press 12# dbs
standing barbell upright rows 25#
standing lateral raise 8# dbs
band rear delt row

side lunge with disc 15# dbs
one leg slide back lunge with disc 15# dbs
wide stance deadlift 25# dumbbells

abs

Debbie, I always figured when I had coughed so hard that the soreness was from the muscles tensing up so tight. Ribs would get sore as well as neck, throat hurt etc.. I hope it continues to improve and the residual cough goes away for you so you can heal. That was a nice calorie burn and step count for your walk :) I be you are ready to hit the weights and run! It will happen soon. I am in hopes that they are finally figuring out how to make the Fit Bit work better, but who knows.

Jolie, a rest is probably due for you right now. You want th

I always forget that there is really no reason to set up the Fit Tower for STS Total Body. It is only used for the bench press. The picture on the back shows Cathe doing incline press, but there is none in the workout. Just the flat bench press. I think the tower just gets in the way for no real reason. Also, it suggests the Fit tower or pull up bar in the equipment needed and I am wondering what you would be doing with a pull up bar. I cut the superman move at the end short today and went lighter than normal on the shoulder work and deadlifts. I can still feel those areas from Monday. Also, the nerves in my left neck and shoulder area are stinging, probably from inflammation.

So today I did another hannah workout it was a fast paced hiit workout it was fun, have a leg day for tomorrow.

Gosh Debbie I hope your ribs are better soon.

Some of the you tube trainers I found on a blog 2lazy4thegym, she has a ton of info on there

This thing is still lingering so I called my doctor yesterday and asked for another round of the Zpac. He did give me another prescription and I started it last night. I am so tired all the time and the cough won't go away. So hopefully this next round will do the trick. My ribs are better but when I lay on my stomach it hurts a bit. Hopefully it is just a pulled muscle.

I walked on my treadmill for 2.5 miles again today. Walked for 50 minutes and burned 294 calories. Went 6083 steps. My Avg HR was 96 and Max was 128 which is weird because every time I looked at my watch, it was reading in the 70's. Not sure why.

Diane Sue - Nice workout, I think I did that one not too long ago, it is fun. Love Kelly's workouts.

Jolie - Yes, take the rest of the week off, it isn't worth it. I can't believe how hard this hit me, I haven't been sick like this in years, probably about 10 years. I hate it.

Roselyn - Glad you are liking those new workouts, I really need to take time and look them up. I always forget to do that.

Have great workouts and a great weekend everyone!!

Last edited:
So, I got a great nights sleep, 10 hours so I decided to workout since I felt so great today! I did workout #2 Week #5 full body circuit workout. I didn't go too heavy and I only did one leg exercise, I should have done two. Workout was 40 minutes and I burned 211 calories. I used DB's and my pull down machine only. My toe is so bad today, oozing and bloody, the nail is never going to make it. It is totally black and blue so you know when sandal season comes I will be missing one toenail! Dang...

Chest Flies- 20# x 12 ( 3 rounds of this circuit)
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 12
Seated Shoulder Press- 22# x 12
Hammer Curls- #17 x 12
Lying Triceps Ext.- 15# x 12
Leg Ext- 60# x 16
Leg Raises/Bicycles- x 30

Debbie, be careful it doesn't go into Pneumonia. Another round of the Z pack might just do the trick. Great job on at least walking today, I bet it feels good just to move!

Diane Sue, I hope your shoulder is feeling better. Nice job on the workout today.

Roselyn, I will look into that information you posted and see what I can find for new workouts. I am liking the total body workout I am currently doing but I will need something for the future.

Have a nice weekend. I am not sure I am working out Sat and Sun because I have a ton things to do. We shall see.

This morning I was so indecisive on workouts. I started with Amy Ross Body Box, warm up and combo 1, 17 minutes, 132 calories, met 6, heart rate average 131, max 169, 1,654 steps. So, just thinking I would get the cardio over with I did Fit Split Cardio Shred (I don't know why) It went well though and I used 1 riser, 30 minutes, heart rate average 140, max 181, 202 calories, met 6.3 , 2,681 steps. I finished off with A youtube Zuzka Light 20 minute abs workout with a stretch workout added, 30 minutes, 103 calories, heart rate 103 average, 133 max, 515 steps. This ab workout had 3 rounds of a group of exercises each round ended with a bosu skip across and touch the floor. Total time was 77 minutes, 438 calories.
My daughter called when I was just finishing and we went shopping and to the library and had a nice visit. The little ones didn't want to go home :) I had them stay for dinner.

Roselyn, I looked at Hannah on youtube. I did not see a lot of full workouts. Are they all just cardio? I found the Yvette workout on To lazy for the gym's blog.

Debbie, I hope that medicine helps and you get some sleep. There is nothing worse than running around exhausted. I forgot to start my FitBit on my first workout today until near the end and when I looked at my Fit Bit app, it had picked it all up anyway. I find it odd that the watch and the app sometimes give different avg heart rate and calorie burns.

Jolie, that is great that you got that much sleep and felt up for a workout. Nice work even with the toe problem. It is not fun losing a toe nail. You may have to wear athletic shoes for awhile. I didn't think California got cold enough to have to do away with sandals ;)

This morning I did yvette bachmann moderate impact with heavy weights and step, fun, one minute cardio, followed by a strength move and 30 second ab work. Tomorrow I am jumping to meso 3 and doing chest and back

Have great weekends!!

Today I did Fit Split Low Impact and Metabolic before we left to meat friends. Workout was 50 minutes, 270 calories, 5.0 met, heart rate average 113, max 151, 2048 steps.
weights
upright row 15# dbs
rear curl press lunge 12# dbs
push press 10# dbs
squat thrust 2 plank push-ups bodyweight
rear lunge lateral raise/rear flys 8#dbs
bonus burn rear flys 8# dbs
dragging planks moguls bodyweight
curl press tricep extensions 12#dbs
cross back lunge curls 10# dbs
w curls 10# dbs
single leg deadlift iron cross 5# dbs
deadlifts 15# dbs
plank triceps kickbacks 10# dbs
triceps push ups body weight
chest fly and pull over 15# dbs/10#dbs
monster walks core exercise body weight

Roselyn, that Yvette Bachman sounds like it would be fun.

Feeling so much better today! Still coughing slightly, but not like I was. I'm awake and feel human. So happy about that!! So today I did Home Gym Intervals #1 by Kelly, I figured this would be a good one to get started with this week. I will do #2 on Wednesday and to sure about Friday yet. I will do my treadmill running on Tuesday/Thursday. I didn't push myself but was sweating buckets when I got done.

This was intervals of around 1 min. 30 seconds on the treadmill and then 1 minute exercises. I used 10# for all the exercises.

Hot Potato Squat
Row, hop, Row
One Arm Row, right side
One Arm Row, left side
Step - Throw (love these)
Pendulum/Biceps Curl
Press & push, right side
Press & Push, left side

Workout was 32:30, burned 228 calories, went 1.25 miles on my treadmill. Avg. HR was 133 and Max was 176.

Then I walked on the treadmill for another 18 minutes and burned an additional 93 calories. Went .89 miles doing that.

No time for personals but hope you all have a great workout day!!!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Build and Burn Kickbox Kettlebell Fusions, 27 minutes, 173 calories, heart rate average 136, max 159, 1,619 steps, met value 5.8. I then did Ripped with Hiit Legs. 41 minutes, heart rate average 119, max 156, 249 calories, met 5.5, 1,673 steps Total time 68 minutes, 422 calories.
weights
squats 20# dbs 24 reps /squat digs 32 reps
plié squats 45# db/ plié jacks 24 reps
static lunge right side 25# dbs16 reps/ split jumps 24 reps
static lunge left side 25# dbs 16 reps/ split jumps 24 reps
squats 25# dbs 24 reps / pop squats 32 reps
plié squats 45# db / narrow plié touch down jacks 24 reps
wood chop side lunges 10# db 24 right 24 left
explosive side lunges 12# db 20 reps
cross back lunges 15# db 4 then 16 reps right then repeat left /lateral skates 32 reps
low pulse lunges 20# db 10 slow then 10 pulses repeat other side / power circle scissors 32 reps
deadlift 25# dumbbells 16 reps/snow angel jacks 20 reps
wide stance deadlift 25# dbs 16 reps /frog jumps with quarter turn 10 reps
walking lunges 15# dbs 6 passes of four reps/ scissor, scissor, tuck jump 5/5 reps

Debbie, nice work today. It looks like you have a good plan for starting out as you finish mending. I am thinking of doing Ripped with Hiit this week, but arranging it so I can do a full Body Kelly on Friday or Saturday, maybe Body Shop.

Today I started week # 5 of my full body workout. 3 rounds of each circuit and the last round to failure. I workout for 40 minutes and burned 249 calories.

Chest Press- 25# x 12, x 12, 16 TF (3 rounds of this circuit)
Wide Grip pull downs 60# x 12, x12, x13 TF
1 Arm lat raises- 12# x 12, x 12, x 14 TF
Bicep Curls- 17# x 12, x 12, x 16 TF
Lying Tricep Ext 15# x 12, x 12, x 14 TF
Leg Ext- 60# x 16, x 16, x17 TF
Leg Curls- 22.5 x 12, x 13, x 15 TF
ABS- x 32, x 32 x 32 TF

I hope you have a great day. Good workouts everyone!!

Roselyn, I hope that you are not getting sick. My cashier at Walmart today seemed to be having a battle with sniffles and coughing. I was hoping I was not taking something extra home.

Jolie, nice work on getting to failure on your workout today.

Today I was going to do a CC but decided not too. I woke up twice last night having coughing attacks. I just don't get it, this cough is relentless. I walked on my treadmill at a fast pace on a 5% incline, that got my HR up and I sweating pretty good by the time I got done.

Workout was 51 minutes, burned 288 calories, went 2.56 miles and did 6236 steps. Avg HR was 94, Max was 128.

Jolie - Nice job with your workout!!! I'm trying to decide what I want to do next week. I'd like to maybe do Body Beast again but the workouts are so long. So not sure.

Diane Sue - Great workout yesterday! Love B&B!!!

Roselyn - Hope you are feeling better today!

Today I did Fit Split mixed impact timesaver #1 cardio only, no modifiers this time which brought my calorie burn up a bit, 208 calories, met 6.5, heart rate average 138, max 180, 2,745 steps, 29 minutes. I then did Ripped With Hiit, Back, shoulders, biceps, 59 minutes, 293 calories, met 4.5, heart rate average 105, max 140, 1,541 steps. Total time was 88 minutes, calories burned 501.
weights
one arm row 31.5# x 12 reps 3 sets
finisher barbell row 35# x 20 reps medium band power pulls
pull overs 35# dumbbell x 12 reps 3 sets
finisher barbell row 35# x 20 reps supine band pulls
one arm angled row 30# x 12 reps 3 sets
finisher one arm seated band pulls medium 20 reps
rear delt flys 15# dumbbells 12 reps 3 sets
finisher one arm band pulls medium
prone rear delts 8# dumbbells 12 reps 3 sets
finisher seated t pulls
biceps curls barbell 40# x 12 reps 1 set 35# x 12 reps 2 sets
finisher w curls 10# dumbbells 20 reps
concentration curls 22.5# dumbbell 12 reps 1 set, 20# dumbbell 10 reps 2 sets
finisher barbell crazy 8's 25# 24 reps
simultaneous hammer curls 15# dumbbells 12 reps 3 sets
finisher barbell crazy 8's 24 reps

Debbie, sorry about the residual coughing. I get that and my 80 year old aunt told me to take Mediterranean oil of oregano. I tried it and it works. I wish it worked for the allergies too, but it doesn't. Just illnesses. I also read this on Dr Axe site.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.