Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-In for June, 2019

Saturday I did not workout, I went to a horse show with my dog instead :) We went and watch international jumpers, riders from all over the world jumping on grass and it was awesome! If you don't know that is my passion in life, I used to ride from jr. high school till I had children. I always bought race horses off the track and trained them to be 3 day event horses or jumpers. I always wanted to go to the Olympics, a girl friend that I competed with when I was young did just that, she is a world class dressage rider. My favorite movie of all times is International Velvet with Tatumn ONeil. I actually went to grade school with her but that was before she did the movie. Just a little tid bit about me :)

Today I did Cathe Live, Vertical Loading, one of my favorite workouts. I did change it up a bit to suit me and to avoid getting board with it, and I had a super workout. I basically went to failure on every set, Cathe doesn't let you know how many reps you are going to do! I did sub out some exercises so I could use my cable equipment, I love that thing! I also added ABS at the end. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 501 calories.

3 Circuits, 2 times through

Seated Overhead Press Pattern sequence- 14's x a lot, x a lot :)
Bicep Curls- 17's x 20, x 21
Triceps Kickbacks- 10's x 18, x 16
Chest Press- 25's x 20, x 20
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 16, x 14
Front Squats, heels elevated- 20# x 20, x 22

Lateral Raise to Front Raise sequence- 8's x a lot!, same
Hammer Curls- 17's x 20, Hammer curls with a twist,- 17's x 20
Lying Triceps Ext- 15's 16, x 16
Chest Flies- 17's x 20, x 20
Rear Delt Flies- 12's x 16, 10's x 20
4 Squats/ 2 Deadlifts- 15's x 8 rounds, x 8 rounds

Upright rows- 15's x 20, Wide Grip Upright rows- 14's x 20
W Curls- 14's x 18, Incline Curls- 12's x 18
Close Grip Chest Press- 20's x 16, x 16
4 Chest Press/2 Chest Flies- 15's x 8 rounds, x 6 rounds
Narrow Grip Cable rows- 70# x 16, x 16
Leg Ext- 50# x 20, x 21

ABS

Feeling Good!

Belinda, I hope you are having a great vacation. Try Vertical Loading when you get back. :)

Debbie, good luck with Body Beast tomorrow!

Diane Sue, great kickboxing workout you did yesterday! I hope you have fun at church and your family birthday celebration today.

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today or tomorrow, not sure if you workout on Sundays.

DOZ, have a nice workout today.

Happy Sunday, I think i will BBQ today and possibly juice. I am going to buy and outdoor gas fire table with glass rocks for the patio and i am ordering a fountain on Amazon too! It is starting to look like summer around here. I also put up all of the flags and buntings for the 4th of July, my house looks very patriotic :)

Reactions: WD
So I started sagi hard Week of labor I’ve done chest and back, legs, tomorrow will be arms then i am thinking I will finish to lift for our start body beast not sure

So who is the woman in Kelly's new DVD workout ads? That can't be her, it doesn't even look like her.

Not sure if I want to order them, there is so much on RAW that I love to do.

Great job on your workouts this weekend!! I can't wait to do Build Chest and Tri's tomorrow!!

Jolie - that is so interesting about you! I had no idea!! I loved the movie Dreamer, have you seen that one?

Evening everyone ;)

Guys, I’m back, been so busy, helping my son move, and finally started my yard work lasts 2 days. I ended my week Thursday doing Cardio Coach, Friday, help my son move, Saturday, I went for a brief walk, came back a cut six brushes, in front of my house took me hours, I was so sore. Today, I cleaned windows, clean my carpet in my basement, basically spring cleaning lol

This morning, I did a slow steady jog from Cardio Coach R#2 and STS chest, shoulders and triceps, UB workout was so long; starting week 3, not sure if I’m going to do Meso 3 :confused:. See you tomorrow

Rest day today. I did do Kelly Coffey Bootcamp warm up and bonus stretch followed by Coffey Fit Raw foam roller. It felt really good :)

Jolie, horses are such awesome creatures. Funny, I have had the task to read books before my 11 year old granddaughter reads them :) I found a set called Winnie the Horse Gentler and have really enjoyed them. She loves stories with animals in them. I have been to a few shows with young people riding their horses with my husband. Nice work today. It sounds like you have been pretty busy.

Debbie, Kelly does look different. Someone commented on liking her hair lighter like it is. It looks like she is wearing more make up than usual. She is in great shape. I like premixes so knew I wanted the dvds even though she does have finishers in her Raw workouts. I realized the Raw workout challenge was set up just starting from the very first one and working through them. Tomorrow is large muscle finisher so I will see what comes after it and add something else. The dvd for the dvd users is Athletic Conditioning 1&2, that one I think is cardio for #1 and stretch for #2. I might do the cardio. It depends on my time constraints.

Roselyn, how is Sagi's Hard Labor? Is it anything like Beast?

Doz, nice job. All of that cleaning and outdoor work is plenty hard. I am always amazed at how sore I am after work like that since I exercise all of the time. Mostly I feel it in my back after doing yard work.

I started Body Beast and am going to do the Lean rotation. Today was Build: Chest & Tri's. I had a great workout but am starting out a bit lighter so I don't hurt myself. I will move up each week. I used my Bowflex Weights with this and it worked out great. Some exercises are a bit hard to do with these weights so I switched to regular dumbbells when I needed to.

This is what I did:

Dumbbell Chest Press: 17.5's/22.5's/25's/20's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Super Set:
Incline Dumbbell Fly: 17.5's/22.5's/25's - 15/12/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Pres: 17.5's/22.5's/25's/20's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Giant Set:
Close Grip Press: 15's/20's/22.5's - 15/12/8 reps
Partial Chest Fly: 15's/20's/22.5's - 15/12/8 reps
Decline Push Ups: 10/12/8 reps (these were tough)

Lying Triceps Extensions: 10's/12's/15's/10's - 15/12/8/8 reps

Super Set
Single Arm Kickback: 7.5#/10#/12.5#/8# - 15/12/8/8 reps
Triceps Pushups: 15/12/8 reps (on knees)

Super Set
Dips: Did what I could
Ins and Outs: Check

Fun stuff! Workout was 51 minutes, burned 482 calories!!! HR was 164/203. Also did 699 steps.

Then I wanted to get on my Max Trainer and do a quick 10 minute workout and I couldn't use any of the coaching workouts because my app says I do not have the Premium subscription. W T F? I've been through this two other times with this issue, it has lost my subscription and it did it again today. I just sent them a harshly worded email to either fix the problem for good or I will demand a full refund. This is ridiculous. Luckily I still have the receipt so I forwarded it to them.

I ended up getting on my treadmill and just walked on a 3% incline. I did 30 minutes, burned an additional 190 calories and went 3587 steps. HR was 107/127. Did 1.5 miles.

Jolie - Good luck with your realtor endeavor, I am sure you will be great at it. My step brother is doing the same thing but I don't think he's taken his test yet, he said he will be doing that soon. Glad you had a good lunch with those ladies and they are helping you with this. And like I said in an earlier post, that is so cool about you and horses!

Diane - Nice job with your workouts this weekend, and your stretch. I need to do one again soon. Wow, is that really Kelly? Not sure I like that look at all, she looks so much better without makeup. She really is wearing too much in that picture I seen, it doesn't even look like her. She reminds me more of a tom boy than a woman who wears makeup, you know? Oh well, I'm sure the workouts will be great and she is still awesome.

Roselyn - I am curious about the Hard Labor workouts as well. How many of them are there?

DOZ - Our weather has been horrible, right? This past weekend was beautiful, I sure hope all that rain is over. I know we had a little this morning but I can handle a little. Our backyard was a lake on Friday. Nice job with all the physical activity you have been doing. Outside yard work is hard!

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Hey guys :)

It was all about legs, this morning had an awesome workout. I did STS Strength. I’m taking a break from all house work. I was going to clean frig, it can wait, I need a break today. Well guys going to soak in a hot tub, then I’m off to Home Depot need about 4 more bags of mulch, and Mart’s they have some beautiful cheap flowers. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Debbie-Nice work, as always. Crazy floods all over the globe. Hope it didn’t enter into your basement.

Diane - Enjoy your rest day. You are the hardest workout person I know. I’m taking a rest from ALL work today.

Last edited:
This morning I did Kelly Coffey dvd Athletic Conditioning vol. 1, cardio, 36 minutes, heart rate 134 average, max 166, 2,532 steps, met 7.5, 219, followed by Raw large muscle finisher, 22 minutes, met 6.0, 109 calories, 434 steps, heart rate average 100, max 119. I also did Cathe Lite Cardio Party Calorie Crush, 15 minutes, heart rate average 152, max 181, 1,500 steps, met 9.0, 119 calories and finished off with Kelly's Athletic Conditioning vol. 1 workout 2 stretch, 24 minutes, met 2.5, 56 calories, 112 steps. Total time was 97 minutes, 503 calories, 4,578 steps.
Weights for Large Muscle Finisher 3 rnds done in super sets of two moves each body part, 12 reps (Kelly sometimes misses that count) Weights are my weights. Kelly uses 30# and 15# dbs
Squats 25# dbs 12 reps
lunges 15# dbs 12 reps
bench press with a pump 15# dbs 12 reps
fly's with a turn in 15# dbs 12 reps
1 arm row 30# 12 reps
pull over 30# db rnd 1 and 25# rnd 3 Kelly missed round 2 and adds on 15# alternating rows to rnd 3
3 rounds

Debbie, I keep receipts for a very long time, just for that reason. I print up the ones the email just in case they accidentally get put in the trash. That would be very irritating. You got a great Calorie burn in on your weight workout today. I think Kelly looks great. I guess it is just a matter of opinion. I did kind of wonder how the makeup would hold up during the filming. What I find interesting is the women with huge eyelashes. They can't be real. Cathe has them too.

Doz, have fun shopping for things for your outdoor projects. I cleaned the inside of my car yesterday :) I hope you have a great day and nice work getting STS in this morning.

Today I took my dog for his morning walk and slipped off the curb and rolled my ankle!!!~! I didn't do anything bad to it, but boy is it sore. I was supposed to do cardio today, but no I cannot do it. :( Why is it always something! I could have done a Cathe Live Express workout, but I am so sore from yesterdays workout I didn't want to do that either, Oh well...

Debbie, great job on BB! Those are some tuff workouts and I got really good results from them. Boy, you must have gotten up early today to have that much time to workout! I would do the rotation with you but I have to have the cardio/weights workouts right now because of my hormone issue and the weight coming on while having hot flashes. It was so bad last night I woke up exhausted. I think I am going to sign up to ride horses once a week at a stable just to get a little taste of my favorite thing to do once in a while. I wouldn't even mind just grooming them or trail riding, being around them makes me so happy. About the real estate endeavor I am thinking of taking on, the only thing that scares me is not making any money for a long time. 100% commission jobs are brutal :(

Diane Sue, I want to look for those books, they sound great! Nice job on the workout today. What workout is Debbie referring to that Kelly looks so different? I am going on her website to see what you all are talking about.

Rosleyn, good job on the workout this weekend.

Belinda, I hope you are having a great vacation!

For whomever is interested, the Vertical Loading workout i did yesterday was great, i went to failure on every set and boy am i feeling it today! There is something to be said about going to failure! :)

Hi everyone
Saturday we went for a long walk on the beach. Sunday we walked on the beach, the rest of the day we released on the beach. Today DH and I went to th gym, I did a full body pyramid style weight workouts, than we walked on the beach. Relaxing on the pool today.

Good job everyone. I will check in tomorrow.

Good Evening,

I did a 12 Minute StudioSweat Warmup Spin then Coffeyfit Raw Large Muscle Finisher two rounds. We got 6” of rain Saturday evening into Sunday morning the lightening was horrible. My DD’s and I are eating healthier and working out as a challenge.

Today was Body Beast: Build - Legs. Had a great workout, I like this one. My right knee was hurting a bit, but I still did well with it.

This is what I did:

Sumo Squats: 20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps

Super Set
Alternating Lunges: 10's/12/s/15's - 15/12/8 reps
Step-Up to Reverse Lunges: 10's/12's/15's - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Parallel Squat: 10's/12's/15's - 15/12/8 reps
Bulgarian Squat: 10's/12's/15's - 15/12/8 reps
Single Leg EZ Bar Deadlifts: 20#/25#/30# - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Single Leg Calf Raise: 15#/15# - 30 second each leg
Seated Calf Raise: 15's - 30 seconds (I did standing with both legs together)
In and Outs: 30 seconds

Great workout, I was sweating like crazy. Workout was 42 minutes, burned 314 calories and did 1705 steps. HR was 136/181.

Max Trainer app seems to be working today, WTH? I never did hear back from them. I did a really fun coach workout called Max Mix Cardio 10 HD w/Tanisha. This one had alternating 5 and 10 second sprints with about 50 seconds of rest. Loved it. I like the shorter sprint workouts.

Workout was total of 14 minutes, burned 101 calories, went .26 miles and did 721 steps, HR was 135/185.

Gotta go take my step daughter to a doctors appointment. Be back later...

Good morning,

DH and I walked on the beach for over an hour. Getting ready to lay on the beach and relax the rest of the day.

Good job everyone on your workouts. I will do another full body workout tomorrow. The gym has a leg machine.

Have a wonderful day.

This morning I did Sculpting Rx workout 2 and then did a 20 minute spin class from Studio sweat on Demand.

I am a mess today. Yesterday I picked up some sort of 24 hour bug/sickness and felt very nauseous and dizzy all day. Today I felt better so I did Yvette's Step 3 risers/ Heavy weights/ core Circuits which I love, substituted out all of the burpees and planks with leg or ab exercises. I was having a great workout when I was doing a step cardio blast, my left side of my low back, glute and hip flexor froze up, a spasm type feeling and I almost fell to the floor. I stopped an couldn't even move, I couldn't get to the floor to stretch or anything. I calmed down and somehow got to the floor and have done some stretching, it feels like facia tightening and maybe my low back went out. Anyway, my son brought me electrolytes which I am drinking and after a lot of patience and stretching I can move around a little. I hate when this happens. I think I have been sweating so much lately and not using electrolytes that I cramped really bad. I have to start taking them everyday. I get the NUUN product that runners use. Anyway workout was 50 minutes and I burned 467 calories. Average heart rate was 127 and max was 176. 45 seconds of cardio/ Chest or Triceps for 8 to 12 reps heavy and 30 seconds of core. Hopefully I work through this today.

Debbie, nice job on the BB leg workout today, those are great workouts but they make me so sore :) I went to Dick's sporting goods and got on your machine, holy smokes is that tuff on the quads!!!! I was working out in the store and the sales guy told me i had to get off, the store wasn't gym LOL!

DOZ, nice workout today, have fun outside!

Belinda, I love walking on the beach, walking soft sand it great for the legs! Enjoy your relaxation today.

BBL to read other posts. Have a nice day, I have some icing to do :(

I'm back, I also had a dental appointment today. So do your typical teeth cleanings take an hour? Just curious. The lady that does my teeth takes an exact hour and she scrapes and scrapes and scrapes and scrapes. It sort of bugs me because I take excellent care of my teeth = floss every day, brush twice if not three times a day with an electric toothbrush, I use one of those picks to get in between my teeth as well. She's always saying how great I take care of my teeth yet she scrapes and scrapes. It's really annoying. I'm just wondering if that is typical, I've been going to this lady for years and years so I don't know what other people do.

By the way, I am SO SORE from Chest and Tri's yesterday. OMG! My legs are feeling it as well.

Anyways...

DOZ - Great workouts, girl! No, thank God we don't have a basement, but our bathroom does flood occasionally. Do you have a basement?

Diane - I don't get the fake eyelash thing either. My step daughter wears them ALL THE TIME. Honestly, I don't even know what part of her is real anymore. :( She has tattoos all over her body (where did I go wrong?) and her hair is always some kind of magenta or pink, her eyebrows are tattooed on and look horrible and she has fake eyelashes. I love her to death but I don't know what she is trying to accomplish. I would hate to have to put those on all the time although she tells me she glues them on and they stay on for a month. Ummm, no thank you. She's a beautiful girl, I just wish she'd let the world see her true self instead of covering it all up. Nice job on your workouts, you are kicking butt!!

Jolie - I'm off for the summer, I work for the schools systems so I get the summers off. It is heaven. Wow on your ankle yesterday and your hip/side today. What are you doing to yourself? LOL!! I am also having hot flashes again. As soon as the temps went up outside I've been getting them. Hate it. At least at night I don't have the night sweats anymore. Great job on Vertical Loading yesterday.

Belinda - Sounds like you are enjoying your vacation! So happy to hear that and nice job getting in the gym!

Doreen - Wow on the snow at Yellowstone, I didn't realize it was still that cold there. I guess if you were higher up, then it would be. That workout you posted looked pretty cool. Does she post workouts every day?

Roxie
- Good job with your workout and good luck on the eating healthy with your DD!! I'm sure you will do awesome!

Well everyone, have a great afternoon!

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Interval's 2 Circuit, 39 minutes, heart rate average 131, max 164, met 8.1, 216 calories, 1,919 steps. That is all I had time for this morning. I have always liked this one because it is light weights up to 7# and done on the floor, no step or other gadgets. For some reason I am so tired today. I woke up an hour early and just kept hoping to go back to sleep,but no such luck. I watched younger grandchildren this morning. I am having a hard time driving myself to do anything this afternoon.

Jolie, I am sorry you slipped off the curb. Hopefully it was just something. Nice workout, but what is up with the freezing up? I hope the electrolytes help. Maybe some good stretching and rest will do the trick. I have seen the Nun stuff at Sprouts, but never knew what they were for. They are packaged like Amazing grass effervescent that I use. I buy the hydrate ones and mix them in a tall container with ice when I workout. I tried a detox one and it gives me stomach cramps so will not be using that one again. They hydrate is best. I don't think you can see the pictures of Kelly on her website. They are on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217152494217051&set=pcb.10217152494537059&type=3&theater

Debbie, I am glad the Max Trainer workouts worked today. Even if you do not know what is going on. We have been having weird things with our devices. Not just one, but similar things with all of them. Some of it I think may be the network, but then we were out and my husband was using his tablet without Wifi for his Bible and it just froze up. Mine has been doing the same thing though. And I have to go out of whatever app it is and then go back in and reload it. Although my library app was doing that last night and just completely would show these oops pages. I finally shut off the internet to the tablet and came back and it worked. I managed to get a book with the page all garbled up downloaded to my kindle app. It is getting frustrating. I go into my ibotta app, pick a rebate and it locks up there so I have to go out and come back to pick another rebate. So, I don't know what is going on. Just know, I am there with you on these things not working like they are supposed to.
My dentist always schedules for an hour for teeth cleaning and check. Generally I am out of there within 30 to 40 minutes. She always tells me I take such good care of my teeth. I will say there is not that much scraping and picking at my teeth though. She works around the gum line a bit and cleans then flosses. If there is X rays taken it takes a bit longer.

Belinda, nice that you have a gym to go to and able to walk on the beach.

Doz, great idea to do the outside work in the morning. Nice that you got a run and STS in as well, you are doing great!

Doreen, nice to have you back. You picked a good one to start back up with.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.