Getting turned off

myputer

Cathlete
I hate to say this but I'm starting to get turned off to Cathe due to all this commercial stuff. Now there are Cathe postage stamps. Come on! I used the Firm years ago and stopped when they went so commercial. I hope I don't feel the same with Cathe. I don't who could replace her serious no nonsense cross training workouts.

I understand that there are people who want these things and if they sell they are certainly entitled to them - it's just a turn off to me. Just my opinion.

I hate to say this but I'm starting to get turned off to Cathe due to all this commercial stuff. Now there are Cathe postage stamps. Come on! I used the Firm years ago and stopped when they went so commercial. I hope I don't feel the same with Cathe. I don't who could replace her serious no nonsense cross training workouts.

I understand that there are people who want these things and if they sell they are certainly entitled to them - it's just a turn off to me. Just my opinion.

I agree. Especially when there is precisely zero new production on the horizon.

A-Jock

I agree with you ladies. Stamps??? Whaaaaaa???? I don't think I even use stamps anymore to begin with. I'm sure I may have some, somewhere.

But again, to each his/her own. If you want it buy it, if not ignore it.

I know we'd all like more DVDs, but how long can it really take to plan a stamp? Now all the road trips, yes that takes some time. But that feels to me like Cathe wants to spread the Cathe love, as it were. It also does feel like a big ol' egg advertisement at times, though. The video of the CA road trip SNM posted ended w/ a big egg advertisement. Again, take from it what you will. If you don't want eggs, don't eat them.

I don't personally know Cathe or anything, but my take on making newer DVD is this. She's done so much, its probably a lot harder to come up with something new. Half us will complain if she does something like what she's done before b/c its old or stale. The other half will complain if she does something new b/c its not like the old stuff we all love. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Really, she is kind of in a crappy situation in that regards. How to hold on to your audience, keep it fresh, keep it fun, keep it challenging, and still grow your consumer base. I think Cathe/SNM does ok it that regard. Remember, overall, the workout DVD market is just a blip on the consumer radar. We may not think so, bc we're here all the time, but it is. So it can't be all that easy to navigate. Her marketing is this website and word of mouth. So kudos to her, if she can get her name out otherwise. Striking the balance between that and keeping up the everything else is a learning process. No one gets everything right the 1st time. All in all, I think its going ok. Even the biggest companies have marketing issues or ideas that don't work/don't please everyone. Remember New Coke and Clear Pepsi?
Yeah, ok I kinda LIKED Clear Pepsi:p:eek:

Cathe also has a life outside of our DVD players. Who knows what is going on in it? Its not any of our business. Maybe she needs a break, a vacation. And if that is so, then she is more than welcome to it. Maybe there are personal issues -who knows?

She's been on the forums a bit more recently, and I like that. I missed her in Ask Cathe, and her responses.

So, I understand what you ladies are saying, and I do agree with you. But, I can also see the other side. Seems to me she's juggling a lot of things, and trying pretty dang hard to keep it all going. Stretched a little thin? Maybe? But its not for us to decide what she/SNM can and cannot handle.

Nan

Wow....This is just ridiculous. I thought postage stamps were for MLK, Snoopy, M. Monroe... I won't say what else I was thinking because I don't want to get flamed.

Wow....This is just ridiculous. I thought postage stamps were for MLK, Snoopy, M. Monroe... I won't say what else I was thinking because I don't want to get flamed.

Nope, you can get whatever you want on stamps. You can make your own. Got some mail at Christmas time of people and their family all dressed up in matching Christmas sweaters, on personalized USPS postage stamps. Hack, Gag, Ew!!!!!! ;)

Nan

Where are you guys seeing postage stamps? I went to "shop cathe" and just saw all the fitness stuff.

I agree stamps are goofy, but Cathe runs a business, and businesses exist to make money. I'm sure it's easy money to boot, and if someone wants to buy them, who is she to argue? :D

Cathe has the potential to become a household name, where it's not like she's a person anymore; she's a corporation. That's just what happens when you are successful, you just keep growing and growing.

Remember, Walmart started with one guy, Sam Walton, with one measly store in the middle of nowhere! :eek:

I collect stamps. I have Cathe's stamp in an album right next to the one of Neil Armstrong walking on the moon. :)

I will not be purchasing them but the fact that they have deided to sell them does not bother me in the least. Good for her that her business has taken off and she's become so incredibly successful. I wish her nothing but the best!:)

Last edited:

I'm not sure why you feel there is something wrong with the selling of a postage stamp of Cathe on Zazzle. This is not exactly going to be a huge money maker for us, but we thought it was a cool service and some people might like it. We're also going to sell posters, coffee mugs and other Cathe branded products on Zazzle because there are people that want and have asked for these products. I'm not sure why this would bother you?

I've already ordered my stamps! And i've been waiting for a Cathe mug for years! Cathe keeps me motivated so i'll add a little extra Cathe to my day any way that I can :)

Jenn

It's just a personal opinion. Like I said if people buy those things it's fine. To each his own. It just seems to take away something from seriousness of fitness and why I have been so impressed with Cathe workouts I haven't purchase any other workouts since I started with Cathe more than 5 yrs ago.

I'm not trying to start anything it's just a feeling I have.

I would love a Cathe coffee mug myself! It doesn't bother me that Cathe is putting out these products. It doesn't change the quality of the workouts that she produces.

Also, I don't usually get involved in things that might get me yelled at, but:

Give me a break! Cathe just worked her butt off getting Shock Cardio out December of last year AND launched a traveling RT!!! You still aren't satisfied that Cathe puts 200% effort out there for us??? You want her to get right back in the studio and pump out another dvd for you THIS YEAR?? Good grief!

Okay, yell away at me. I have no intention of checking back in on this thread after this anyway.

Amen, Sister!! You took the words right out of my mouth! ;) As far as I'm concerned, she can partner up with Thumbtacks for all I care! lol I won't discontue workouts because of it, or be turned off. My body is my FIRST concern, and Cathe is getting me there, that's all I care about!

Iris
I would love a Cathe coffee mug myself! It doesn't bother me that Cathe is putting out these products. It doesn't change the quality of the workouts that she produces.

Also, I don't usually get involved in things that might get me yelled at, but:

Give me a break! Cathe just worked her butt off getting Shock Cardio out December of last year AND launched a traveling RT!!! You still aren't satisfied that Cathe puts 200% effort out there for us??? You want her to get right back in the studio and pump out another dvd for you THIS YEAR?? Good grief!

Okay, yell away at me. I have no intention of checking back in on this thread after this anyway.

"Also, I don't usually get involved in things that might get me yelled at, but:

Give me a break! Cathe just worked her butt off getting Shock Cardio out December of last year AND launched a traveling RT!!! You still aren't satisfied that Cathe puts 200% effort out there for us??? You want her to get right back in the studio and pump out another dvd for you THIS YEAR?? Good grief!"

I AGREE 110%!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Personally - I hope Cathe doesn't put out a new video for a while. I can't keep up with what I have already! I'd rather she hang out here on the forums (loved the recent posts), and plan her road trips (waiting for chicago!).

Did someone say a Cathe coffee mug!?!? I am all over that!!!!:D

That's what I thought :D:D:D:D I have a rather garish "Minnesota" coffee mug on my desk at work. I'll take Cathe to work with me, and happily answer any questions anyone asks about my mug. I'd have one at home, too, but I don't have any more space for more coffee mugs in the cabinet.

Now, only if it were a magically refilling coffee mug :p:D

Nan

Now, only if it were a magically refilling coffee mug :p:D

Nan

That's a GREAT idea Nan! A coffee maker/travel mug in one!!!! Have a "cover" for the mug that is the coffee maker and once it's brewed you take the top off and drink it like that or put the "travel top" on it and go! Should we patent this idea!?!?! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.