Getting to know you

Name: Judyann, all one word.

Married: 22 years to my high school sweet heart

Kids: DD 20, DS 18, DD almost 15, DS 12

Cathe forum: since 1999,

(The first few years my name was "Likes2bfit")

Workouts: are almost always Cathe, spinning or treadmill

I'v tried some yoga and pilates and think I could benefit from them if I practiced them more often

DD (15yo) and I are trying to learn about a meat free diet and will attempt it for 6 weeks or so starting on March 1st.

profession: currently SAHM, retired Respiratory Therapy Teacher and Respiratory Therapist, Prior to that I was a cosmetologist.

We have 2 black adorable kitties
I enjoy beach vacations, reading, cooking, golfing and tennis

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.
Success is acheived by early preparation

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce9426d0892

>>
>>I do have to say, that Diane Sue, Robin, and Carole are my
>>inspirations. I think I have to start lifting heavier lol.
>>
>>Rhonda:7 :7
>
>That was sweet Rhonda...thank you...
>http://bestsmileys.com/signs3/9.gif[/img]...Carole

AW....Ditto:) for sure!

Robin:)

I'm Kelly
I live in Northern Va (hi, Melissa!)
I just turned 28
I've been married for 7 yrs (I met DH when I was 13)
I'm at home with my two kids (6yr old boy, 3yr old girl)
I workout at home and the gym
I love to read and sing and write
I found Cathe and the forums last spring, and
Right now I have DOMS in my biceps from upping my weights in PUB and I'm waiting for DH to get home from my nephew's b-day party with a big piece of cake}( .....I think I hear the door.....

*I am Catherine
*I live in Kentucky
*Been posting here for 1 1/2 years I think
*I workout exclusively at home to videos. Occasionally run on treadmill
*Married for almost 9 years with 2 four legged children: bisquit and muffie
*I am a Nurse Practitioner working in Dermatology
*Like most any kind of music except country or rap

Catherine

ETA: I turn 40 in June and my goal is to be able to do a chinup by then!!

Hi Beth!

Great thread! I have really enjoyed "meeting" and getting to know everyone.

My name is Jen. I have been married 20 years (this year) to a wonderful man whom I still love and admire! (WOW) We have 4 great kids 2 boys and 2 girls who are 14, 13 11, and 8 years old. I'm a SAHM and do not know what I want to do when I grow up. We also have a black lab mix from the pound who we love and 2 cats who seem pleased by the service they receive. I grew up in FL, but for the past 23 years have lived in 10 different places. At the moment we live in CT, which is great we can get into the city (NY) in about an hour. I love all types of music from classical, opera to alternative rock and country. I just can't stand rap!
I work out mostly to Cathe and just love this forum!
Jen
OOps forgot I'm turning 41 next month, the brain cells are fading quickly!

My name is Caitlin Maher.
I reside on Staten Island, New York.
I am no stranger to discussion forums, but I have only been here about eight months.
I am a former English teacher and school counselor who left the New York City Board of Education after my son was born. I freelance now as a personal trainer and tutor.
I will be 53 years old in May.
I have two great kids.
I have a wonderful boyfriend for the last three years. Both my kids like him a great deal. I am divorced.
I listen to rock, alternative and metal.
I work out six to seven days a week, going to the gym, and doing Cathe and others at home, and running outside.
I have three cats.
I love food, and I don't eat very clean, and working out helps me to maintain my weight.

Cool thread, I finally have time to reply!

I am Debbie H.
I live in Columbia Station, Ohio
I have been on this forum for a long time, don't know how many years
I have a Nail Technician license but don't practice, I work for a small town newspaper
I am almost 40 years old (YUCK!)
I have 2 step kids, both out of the house TG!
I am married 10 years in April
I listen to classic rock and 80's music
I workout in my home exclusively with Cathe and LOVE IT!!!

My name is Alini Jordan.
I'm brazilian,and moved to US 3 years ago.I live in Atlanta,Georgia .
I've been arround here for 5 months now.
I'm a manager in a restaurant,but it's just for now until my DH and I have enough money so I can go to college.(He graduated 10 years ago,now it's my turn;-) )
I'm 22 years old.
I've been married for 3 years now to the greatest guy in the world and he's 10 years older than I am(wich I think is just fine!:)
I listen rock,metal and country music(go figure!!)
I wish I had more time to work out...I try to do it 5x a week,(all CATHE'S) but my schedule at the restaurant is just crazy and least 3 days a week I work 15h shifts...
I love ribs!:9 I miss my family and the fact I lived in a island in Brazil with 42 beaches!!!But I love my husband and have a much better life here,and I really apreciate all the great things about America and americans!When people complain about this country it makes me really madx(

Great thread--I'm always late to post on these things!

I'm Dev.
I live in NY, NY, but have also lived far out west in PA, plus NJ and MD for a while
I've been here a year I think :)
I've been in journalism in one form or another since I was in high school
Right now I'm in medical journalism
I'm 47
No kids; I'm divorced but have been with my BF for 5 years now
I love all sorts of music except rap
Lately I've been going around singing Veggie Tales Silly Songs and may add them to my workout songs
I workout with Cathe and my treadmill at home, but swim and take a ballet class at the gym
I ice skated for more than 15 years and even used to teach it; miss it but too lazy to start again

My name is Charlotte
I live in Luray, VA.
Been on this forum just over a year now
SAHM
I am 38 years old
2 kids, 15 and 17
I mostly like classic rock, but also love other bands such as:
Chevelle, Thrice, Senses Fail, Fall Out Boy, Flyleaf, Seether, Shinedown, 3 Doors Down, etc.
I love to rollerskate and fast, baby!!!
I workout to Cathe, but I also like to workout on my own and I like to mix things up with workouts I find in the Oxygen magazine, etc.
I have been married for 18 years
I have 2 dogs and a cat
I love spicy foods, cheese and more cheese, chocolate and I like to drinks lots of green tea and propel.

My name is Amy
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City)
I'm 28
No kids, but 2 cats we couldn't love any more than we do. DH and I met in 1998, moved in together soon after, and have been married since November 2002.
I really don't listen to music, never have, really. I don't dislike it at all, just don't turn it on. I listen to the news in my car.
I'd love to have a treadmill, since I really like to run, but no money or space for that right now. I'm in law school and hate that, but I still have 2.5 years left until I'm done.
In early 2001 I joined WW and lost 45 pounds over 18 months. I've only put a little bit of it (6 lbs) back on.
I "met" Cathe with Low Max last April and I think have been posting since May. I love this place and all the friends I've made here.
I gave up diet sodas a little before Christmas this year, and only drink tea, water, and sparkling water these days.
I've had insulin dependent diabetes for 18 years this March. I wear an insulin pump 24 hours a day. I love it- I'm able to be flexible with the food I eat and my workouts.
I forgot the other questions I was supposed to answer.

My name is Dana.
I live in Bloomsburg, Pa.
I'm 31 years old.
Work as an administrative assistant for the Special Education Director at a local school district and I have the best boss in the world!
I've been on this forum almost 2 years.
I have 2 sons, 4.5 years old and 5 months.
Been married for 4 years.
Listen to most types of music except for counry.
I love weights but HATE cardio.
I work out at home mostly to Cathe and love to bike and walk.
Hobbies include working out (of course), cooking/baking, gardening, doing lots of fun stuff w/my 4-year old (movies, amusement parks, board games, playing tag, hide-n-go seek, etc.) and going to the drag races. My DH has a 1970 Nova that he races and he races every weekend from April-Sept.

My name is Becky
I live in Indianapolis
I'm 37
I've been married to DH for 14 years and we have 2 beautiful daughters, ages 12 and 9, and 1 handsome son, age 3.
I've been a SAHM for 12 years. Worked in retail before kids and I'm thinking of getting back into it part time when DS is in kindergarten. Although, I may go back to school and study interior design...I'm undecided as of now, but have some time to think about it.
I've been working out since I was in high school (my Mom and I would work out to Charlene Prickett together)
I found Cathe in 1992 and haven't looked back!
I don't remember when I became a member, but it was a while ago (although I don't post often, I check in every day...I've so enjoyed getting to "know" everyone:)
I love all sorts of music, but mostly listen to top 40 (with my 12 year old DD), and classic rock
I love to read, garden,spend time with friends, and of course, work out with Cathe!

My name is Melissa
I live in Seattle, WA
Grew up in Yonkers, NY, moved to Texas in 85
Met DH, and moved to Seattle in 1998
Will be moving back to Texas in the next 2-3 years and can't wait
I am a nurse, working in a float pool, and love it.
Been married for 14 years
I love weights, and cardio
I like all kinds of music from classical to country
Hobbies are gardening, reading and cooking
I have 2 dogs, a black Lab and a Vizsla

Fun thread!

My name is Janet Johnson
I am 43 years old, married to Rick for 24 years.
I live in Atlanta, Ga. and have 3 children, aged 18, 16, 11
I found Cathe on Fit TV 18 months ago, and originally thought NO WAY can I do that!
Was I ever wrong..... I am hooked and am working on the "full collection"
I am a flex-time pharamceutical rep in Women's Healthcare and LOVE the flexibility to work and be home when I need to be!
I listen to all music, and especially love music you can dance to!
I workout mainly at home to Cathe and also teach water aerobics and run occasionally.
I just got my PADI scuba certification and look foward to diving in more exotic waters!

My name is Susan Murphy
I am 37 years old
I live in Pleasanton Ca
I have 3 girls-7,5,and 3
I have been on the forum for 2 years
I love to sing and was a jazz singer for years and recorded several songs
I was an aerobic and personal trainer before the kids and loved it
I am totally obsessed with food and struggle with it everyday
I am married for 15 years
I love all kind of music
I have a 13 year old miniature dachsund
I so want to become a more enlightened person and I am trying right now to get rid of most of my obsessive habits
discovered yoga and it has changed my life
was scooby doo and yogi bear at great america when I was a teen
love this forum and tend to lurk more than post but am always here

Susan

I am Cheryl, live in Michigan

I have been a member of this forum since Jan 1, 2000 - I check the forums on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis - but post minimally

Started to do Cathe when Step Heat came out (1995), she has allowed me to workout at home and quit the club scene in April, 1997

Just turned 50 in December - been married for 30 years ( to the same man) - I have 10 children - 7 of which are at home yet.

I am a homeschooling SAHM.

I love everything there is about exercise - especially the end results!

I absolutely love these forums and all of you women and the wonderful comments and all of the encouragement - even though there are blow outs on occasion - everyone tends to make up.

We can all agree to disagree - but I think we all agree that we are exercise fanatics and Cathe fanatics and that is all that matters.

I test for my black belt in kickboxing karate in April

Hi!

Until this very moment I have been a lurker! So here goes my first post...

I'm Tina.
I live in GA.
I'm graduating med school in MAY!!!!
I'm 26.
I have NO children- I'm still a child!
I am getting married in MAY (May is a BIG month!). I have been following my df around since I was 13. Dated him on and off since I was 16!!! Ten years later, I have finally roped him in (That was more work than school)
I listen to all kinds of music- led zep, frank sinatra, kylie m., etc.
I workout at home, at the gym.
I found Cathe while on a L&D rotation. I was living in a hospital room in rural(understatement) GA and desperately needing a workout. FitTv helped me stay sane!
I have been working out since I was in high school. I love martial arts and yoga too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.