Getting Our Licks In!

Weeded for 3 hours. I know, I should have been on top of all this in the Spring and I didn't. Now I pay the price. But what I did do is looking really good. No beach today. This will take all Summer, I'm sure. It's a good thing for my body.

Kathy Sis, Great job on AOLIC as far as you got and the ab section o Lean Legs & Abs. I didn't know about puzzle mats sticking in the Summer. Bummer! Wishing, crossing eyes, fingers, toes, arms, legs...for you to be at the Garden City Office. Yes dust off your bike and get on that marvelous trail and go as far as you can. Wow, it sounds wonderful having a trail for 38 miles!

Cindy, I befriended her on FB and she has ups and down days. It's tough for her. Great job on Hiit 30/30. My favorite, yep, it's not easy for sure. And for last nights X10 Low Impact. Enjoy this weekend with family, so important to do that. And enjoy the Fair as well. Tumble class sounds great for Brodie and you. Fun, fun, fun.

Michelle, Great job on XTrain burn sets chest, back and shoulders. Very proud of you sticking with your guns and doing the workout when you really didn't want to.

Take care everyone,

Janie

7-18-14

The Long Island Railroad strike has been averted & thank goodness they've signed the contract. The Governor had to step in. If he didn't do something, all 360,000 people were not planning on voting for him come re-election. LIRR is the largest railroad line in NY.

Last night I did Athletic Training the Upper Body Express premix. the step portion of this workout is BORING!!! Hung in though & I had absolutely no pain in my left arm after using 5's, 8's & the tubing. Still planning on going slow w/the weights. Tonight DH & I are going out for dinner w/friends. No workout.

Cindy: Tumbling class w/Brodie sounds like a lot of fun. Your doing great w/the workouts you chose. Hard but good. Enjoy your time w/your parents & the Fair. How in the world do you manage to get through Athletic Training w/out snoozing. LOL

Michelle: I see your not taking it easy yet. I think Cathe gives her Friday morning class between 9-9:30 but don't hold me to it.

Janie Sis: 3 hours of weeding!!! :O My goodness you sure did have quite a workout.

I too think of Laura & wonder how she's doing. Thx for letting me know Michelle.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Kathy

Walked the beach around 7pm tonight. There were many pelicans and thousands of sea birds searching the ocean for food, by diving into it. And it seemed they rested only to start all over again. So Amazing! I didn't have my camera with me, ugh. Walked about an hour.

Kathy Sis, Glad the Long Island Railroad strike was averted. Wow! Great job on AT Upper Body Express prem. Yea! Congrats for no pain in left arm. I agree, go slow for sure, you'll get there. Enjoy the night out with friends.

Take care,

Janie

7-20-14

Yesterday decided to try High Reps UB Only premix. I was able to use a 25# bb for shoulder presses. I was amazed that I didn't have any pain. Had to leave out the tricep dips as that exercise could've damaged my shoulder. Cathe does enough for the triceps in this one anyway. The premix even had abs which btw were killers. I'll have to remember to always do this particular ab section.

Today will be HiiT Double Wave. Love this one.

Weather is overcast & sun only comes out at the end of the day. I'll be shopping for a new recliner for the den today after my workout.

Janie Sis: When DH & I were in Jamaica we caught a pelican diving for its dinner. What an incredible sight. I know how you felt. Wish we had our camera too. Its a huge relief that the strike was averted. I just couldn't imagine all those thousands of people trying to get into the city.

Have a great day!
Kathy

7-21-14

Yesterday I did HIIT Double Wave. I was on it!! LOL Had a great workout & felt great afterwards. Tonight will be KCM's Split Session Legs only. I'll also do the ab section from High Reps. Those are killers.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Michelle & Renee: This weekend is it for you 2!!!! I'm so excited for both of you. Wish I was going to meet you 2.

Take care,
Kathy

Weeding this morning. Will walk the beach tonight.

Kathy Sis, Great job on High Reps UB only prem. Wow 25# for shoulder presses is amazing! You go girl! So glad the strike was averted too.

Great job n yesterdays HiiT Double Wave. Keep up the good work!

Take care,

Janie

I literally got licks in last night :) we went to the animal shelter and got the kids a cat and she was licking my hand so something on it tasted good! Lily is in heaven right now and I'm sure the kitty cuddling up to her to sleep didn't hurt at all.

Brodie wasn't feeling well yesterday so I was home with him and had time to get in an hour of Turbobarre (my butt is sore today). Tonight I'm doing the P90X3 Challenge since it's all arms and I want to give my legs and rear a bit of a break. This weekend I did Brodie's tumble workouts with him, I am happy to report I can now do a bridge and I surprised myself :)

Janie - I hope the end of weeding is coming soon! I need to dig up some beds next year and lay down a weed barrier so I don't feel like I always need to weed. I love watching birds do their thing, it's amazing what they can see and do.

Kathy - I don't mind the AT step portion, I use it as a quick workout and I just count my way through it all :) If it gets too easy I up my step and that makes me appreciate the easiness of the lower step. Woohoo for no strike!

Michelle & Renee - I'm so excited for your trip and can't wait to hear about it!

Michelle & Janie - Thanks for the update, I can't imagine the hard days will ever really go away for her just become a bit less often...

Cindy

Helped Joey with some of his projects. Holding things, gofer (go for this and go for that)...It was nice. Played guitar for an hour, bike ride with Joey for about 30 min. Cooked dinner and went to my UFO group. It is so much fun when people have the same interests as yours. I really need to finish my drawing of the guitar. Will try to get to it tomorrow along with more weeding. :rolleyes: The days go by so FAST!

Cindy, Awwwe, a new kitty. What did you name the kitty and is it a boy or girl. How wonderful for Lily, melts my heart. Great job getting DOM's from Turbobarre. Yea! Also for doing tumble workouts with Brodie. He must be in 7th heaven with you! Congrats on the bridge. I love our birds too.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Greetings!
Quick update:

Today I head to my sisters, and tomorrow we go to Glassboro! Very excited, though I haven't started to pack. I hate stressing the cats out.

Can't believe how fast the summer is going. I've been staying busy and of course I get my licks in 6 days a week.

I've been trapping the feral cats and getting them spayed/neutered. When I get back from the road trip, I will round up the kittens and take them to the no kill shelter. I'm over run with cats! I need to take care of this, it's not fair to them and it does cost me $$$ because I'm a sucker, and feed them. I have my 5 indoor family of cats and then the ferals outside. Makes me crazy, but I love the meowies.

After coming home from the Music class I took last month, I did mesocycle 2 again. I never did join Golds Gym. Too cheap, am I. I'd rather feed the ferals, and TNR. I've got all the equipment I need to workout at home. And I'm no slacker when it comes to working out.

Take care!

Renee

I cannot believe that I have not checked in for DAYS. I honestly can't remember the workouts I did over the weekend. Monday was Push Pull and yesterday was my break day. Today was 21 day fit total cardio fit. Sister is here and tomorrow morning we head up to NJ. Have most of my clothes ready to throw in a bag in the morning.

Cindy: welcome to your new kitty cat. What did you name your new kitty?

Kathy: thank goodness the railroad strike was averted. One less thing for you to deal with. Great jpb with the workouts.

Janie: are you feeling okay? You are doing alot of walking. Just want to be sure that you are okay.

I'll get back tomorrow.
Michelle

The ball of my foot hurts again by just kneeling down and curving my toes. Dang! Plan on doing MM tonight. Been in a little slump lately and gained some weight. Need to correct that. Yesterday Joey and I got our tricycles out. So much fun.

Renee, Will you be taking pictures from Glassboro? How Exciting! Cats should be fine, just have fun and don't worry about them, they will be taken care of. Great job on mesocycle 2 again.

Michelle, Great job on Monday's Push Pull. I really like that one, will have to do it in a couple of days. Also for your rest day and today's 21 day fit total cardio fit. HAVE FUN at Glassboro. Pictures please? I've been in a slump and gained weight. I think it's because I keep getting injured and being older is not kind. I have to get out of this! I plan on doing MM tonight. I promise you I will. That should start me on the right path. Thank you for your concern and motivation.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Sister and I arrived in Glassboro shortly before 1 pm ET. Checked into the hotel and then walked a couple of blocks to a local diner. Jersey diners are wonderful places and we always enjoy treating ourselves to a meal at a local Glassboro diner. Just relaxing this afternoon. Sister is cruising on her ipad and I'm going to check work email and get a little work done then maybe a nap.
I did finally remember my weekend workouts: Saturday was Burn Sets bis and tris and Sunday was Cardio and Weights step only premix.

Janie: I'm glad that you are okay. The hurting foot is a bummer but there are lots of things that you can do that will not impact your foot: weight routines, lifting weights, maybe a little turbobarre, a little core, yoga. I know you have lots more workouts than I do (since I tend to have mostly cathe's). Think of us this weekend and hopefully you will feel inspired. I have one of my Janie's beaded necklaces with me this weekend to wear so have a little bit of Janie energy with me.

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday.
Michelle

Walked with Rolly briefly on the beach and took photos and tonight did Total Body Sculpting. We're seriously thinking about getting another tricycle but fit for two people. Joey will modify it to a small motor so we can go a longer way on the beach. We will still pedal it, and be relieved of a little hardship as we go uphills.

Michelle, Glad you both made it to Glassboro safely. How cool just to relax and breath everything in. Great job on your last weekend workouts on Sat. Burn Sets bis and tris and Sun. cardio and Weights step only prem. Good for you!

Awwwoh, I do very much feel cared about and inspired by you wearing a bit of my energy jewelry. xoxo You melt my heart! Yep, with the help from your wonderful words I did TBS. Thank you Michelle. And I will continue on as before and do workouts that won't affect my injuries that may come along in life. You are so right and I know this. Tomorrow I plan on doing a yoga and a cardio.

Take care and have a wonderful time,

Janie

Tuesday I did P90X3 challenge and was so sore on upper and lower on Wednesday I had to change over to YogaMax and that felt great. Last night was the quick Athletic Training Express then some cleaning of the house. I may take tonight off but if I have time I'll do a Hiit workout and tomorrow morning I have a Pilates mat class. We are going camping on Saturday once Dave is off work so I'll be packing things and trying to organize, fingers crossed our favorite camp site has a spot for us!

The kitty is a girl, she's about 1 year 8 months and came into the shelter as a stray with a nursing 3 day old kitten (maybe more but the note on her records sounded like only one). The shelter named her Toonces (which is from Saturday Night Live I guess) and the kids gave her a middle name of Rebecca. She's starting to warm up to the kids more - no issues with Dave and myself since we're calm around her - and we have a kitty tree/perch set to arrive early next week. I've spent more on stuff for her than I did on her :)

Renee - Our shelter was really overrun with cats this spring/summer - I think it's great you get them spade/neutered. Have a great weekend and hit it hard!

Michelle - Sounds like you both are having a wonderful start to the fun weekend, enjoy those workouts!

Janie - The days do go way too fast, I want time to slow down a bit but only when I'm not at work :) How is your foot doing?

Cindy

Cardio Day: Walked on the beach with Rolly with kinda sore foot(I think I'm careful). Next time will be faster, longer and the next after that will be faster still. LOL! Also did Total Body Stretching.

Cindy, Great job on P90X3 challenge. You did great changing over to YogaMax. Very smart. Also for the quick Athletic Training Express and cleanmax. LOL Awe how wonderful to have a new fur baby in the house. Love the idea you are making such a fantastic home for her.

Take care,

Janie

Walking on the beach I noticed more Velella washing up on shore only this time they're not as many and they are blue. Then Rolly, enjoying life on the beach as well. I also took some photos of horses and the owners asked if I would like a photo of myself sitting on one. Well, Of Course!

The marvels to be found on the beach! It was a very misty morning.
409828588.jpg
409828613.jpg
409828605.jpg

Tonight will do a weight lifting exercise. Will post it when I'm through. Update: Just finished Body Fusion!

Janie

Last edited:
Friday I took the night off and had a rhubarb margarita and fell asleep on the couch! Saturday I had Pilates class in the morning then we went camping and had a great time - Lucas loves it as much as my big kids :) Sunday we did a 1.5 mile hike (I carried Lucas in the pack) before heading home and then I did the kids' tumble and cheer homework with them. I'm not really good at the jumps Lily has to do but I'm happy that I can now hold the bridge position for 10 seconds with her :) I'm exhausted and plan to just get to bed early tonight, I need some sleep!

My kids were so worried about the cat and she was very happy to see them when we got back. She's very tolerant of Lily constantly mothering her and carrying her around - the perfect fit for the family :)

Janie - Such amazing treasures to find on the beach! Take it easy with your foot, how is it doing today?

Michelle & Renee - I'm dying to hear how the road trip went :) Were you in any of the pictures Cathe posted?

Cindy

7-28-14

Saturday I switched gears & decided to do KCM's Muscle Up Lift 2 Be Fit (Shoulders, Arms & Abs) premix. It felt so good to finally lift 12# dbs again. Going slow though & careful. I'm gong to stick w/MU for a while. The reps are perfect for me right now. Sunday was ROKO (Cardio Kickbox + Kickbox Combos) premix. Also did the ab section to Lean Legs & Abs. Tonight will do Muscle Max Lower Body premix + PiYo Define Lower Body.

Janie Sis: Please be careful of your foot. Does it hurt while walking on the beach w/Rolly? I'm worried about you & your injuries. And speaking of Rolly, he's SO CUTE! Finally got to see your photos. The Velella is gorgeous. We don't have any Velella's at our beaches (wish we did). And you do look great sitting on that horse. :)

Cindy: Glad everybody enjoyed their time camping. Rhubarb margarita does sound interesting. Never tried that one. Don't blame you for being exhausted w/all that you do. It still amazes me that your able to workout at all. Your new addition to the family (Toonces Rebecca) sounds adorable & glad she's already acclimated to the household. Usually female cats are the ones that are the most affectionate. Enjoy her.

Michelle & Renee: Hurry up w/details re the roadtrip. Hope you took pictures. Are you in any of the pictures that will be posted online?

take care everyone!
Kathy

Wow! What a Cathe roadtrip. It went by so fast and we were so busy that we didn't have time to post. I'm just finishing up at work but wanted to do a quick post just to promise that I will get back later tonight or tomorrow to provide more details about the RT. Wish you all could have been there.
Michelle

Rolly and I walked on the beach for 30 min. Did Total Body Sculpting tonight. I can still feel a little soreness so still taking it easy on that foot.

Cindy, Yum, a rhubarb margarita sounds absolutely good. Great job on Pilates class Sat. morning. OOOOOO camping, always a great time. Also for the 1.5 mile hike, wow and carry Lucas, and for doing the kids tumble and cheer homework with them. Empressed! Yea for holding the bridge position for 10 seconds. So glad the kitty is a perrrrrrfect fit for the family. LOL

Kathy Sis, Great job on Sat. for doing KCM's Muscle Up lift 2 Be Fit, shoulders, arms and abs prem. And for lifting 12#'s. You go girl! Also for Sun. ROKO prem and the ab section to lean legs and abs. Thank you for your concern of my foot. I'll try to be very careful. I don't want yet another injury.

Michelle, Thank you for posting a quick post for us. I can't wait for more details! YaHoo!

Take care all,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.