Getting Our Licks In!

Yesterday was body max step aerobics and power circuits and today was LIS total body trisets chest, shoulders, and triceps. Also did Shiva Rea core, forward bends, and shivasana yesterday and today after each workout. Going to see if I can stick with add about 15-20 minutes of yoga per day all this month. I really feel like my body needs the yoga. Did a little yard work early this morning before my workout, then enjoyed a nice afternoon of Nationals Baseball. Never thought I'd be such a baseball fan--go figure. Just another thing that sister and I have in common. It's been a nice three day weekend. Looking foward to a productive work week.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting their licks in.
Michelle

30-day Fix Pilates this morning. It's a fun workout and just enough of a workout for a morning when my body didn't feel like exercising. It has been quiet here the past few days. I'm assuming that everyone has been busy with summer and Fourth of July celebrations.

Michelle

Had a busy but fun 4th, didn't get squat in for exercise other than some walks here and there. Tonight I'll get my licks in. I spent all day yesterday sewing some bling onto Lily's Princess Ilsa dress for her birthday party on Saturday, I have another busy week building up to the party and then I think I can relax a little bit! Here's to sticking to my workout plan for the week :)

Michelle & Janie - Great job staying active, you ladies rock!

Cindy

Been cleaning for UFO (un-finished objects) group last night. Didn't have time for exercises. Today will be a full day of yard work, so I will catch up. My computer needed band width, I used a lot of it. My Joey fixed that and paid for a few more days until the monthly band width is due us.

Michelle, Great job on Body Max step and Power Circuits and the next day doing LIS Total body trisets, chest, shoulders and triceps. And Rea's core, forward bends and Shivasana after ea. w/o. Wow. I'm impressed. I'm going to some yoga too, either today or tomorrow. I need some! Great job for doing some yard work. Will be doing some of that today myself. Glad you enjoyed the Nationals Baseball.

Michelle, Great job on 30 day Fix Pilates. Yes, I've been very busy lately, it should now calm down to normal.

Cindy, Walking is a good thing too. I bet Lily looked awesome with her dress for birthday. How old is she now?

Take care everyone,

Janie

A day off from exercise yesterday and Intensity step and HIIT low premix this morning. It's going to be a week of INTENSITY cardio workouts mixed with XTRAIN weight workouts. Trying to kick it up a notich in preparation for the Cathe roadtrip in two weeks and a day. Oh boy.

Cindyy: Walking is good. Running after your children has got to burn some calories too. Think of those moments as endurance-burst workouts. You've been back-to-back with the birthdays the past few weeks. But birthday parties for kids when they are younger are lots of fun. You only get so many of those per kid. Enjoy!

Janie: I actually know what a UFO is in craft-speak. My mom's quilt club uses that acronym. A full day of yard work should give you a different type of DOMS.

Did anyone watch the you-tube clip of Cathe's silver sneaker class last week? I did. It was really inspiring. I was crying by the end of the clip. I know that sounds silly but I was really moved by the enthusiasm of the group.

Hope everyone is staying healthy. Get those licks in gang!
Michelle

XTRAIN chest, back, and shoulders this morning. Love all those push-ups. Drop sets seem easier when you do them at the beginning of the workout vice last. ;)

Hope everyone is getting their licks in.
Michelle

I was having pain on my ball of my right foot. It got worse until I couldn't help bu limp on it. I'm sure with about a week without doing too much walking on it, it should be OK. If not then will see a doctor. Shoot! That mean no walking the beach for a while. Still playing an hour a day on my guitar and making progress. YaHoo! Tomorrow will do hours of yard work, weeding.

Michelle, Great job on your rest day and for today's Intensity Step and HiiT Low premix. I'd say with the exercises you chose for this week, you have stepped it up a notch. Good for you. I watch Cathe's Silver Sneaker class. So cool! Every one of them doing really well too. I did get misty eyed as you did.

Great job on XTrain chest, back and shoulders this morning. You do love all those push-ups? I know...;)

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Intensity Low HIIT and Bootcamp Premix plus a Shiva Rea forward bends yoga practice. Must be the weekend, I'm throwing in the yoga practice. What a busy week. Got a lot of work done but alas, I have things I must do this weekend. The good news is that the boat is in the water. Our mechanic has a few things to do inside the boat over the next week, but we should be able to go down next weekend.

Janie: bummer about your foot. Sounds like you strained a muscle somehow--and of all places on the ball of your right foot. Just remember, you can still do upper body weight work and throw some yoga in there.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Michelle

Lots and lots of gardening today. Whew! My foot is feeling really good, but don't want to push it, so will keep resting it until Monday. With my guitar practice I think I'm improving.

Michelle, Great job on Intensity Low HiiT and BC prem. and Shiva yoga practice. YaHoo! Good girl! Glad you can continue skiing next week for sure. With the gardening I'm getting lots of upper and lower body work. I Have DOM's . Yea!

Take care,

Janie

XTRAIN bis and tris this morning followed by Shiva Rea more daily energy foundation yoga practice. I'm sure the yoga is good for me, I just don't always feel that way when I'm doing the practices. But the first foundation practice on the Shiva Rea More Daily Energy dvd really is a foundation practice and very doable (vice discouraging) for me.

Janie: I'm happy to hear that your foot is feeling better. You are probably right to give it a rest for a few days. So, are you expecting your weather in Washington state to be affected by this polar vortex next week. The expected effect here in Virginia is for low humidity and high temps in the low 80s. Sounds great to me. Wonder what the weather will be where Cindy is in Montana? I've been keeping track of Laura on FB. Looks like she has her good days and not so good days. I hope she comes back to us at some point. I sure do miss her.

Hi to Kathy, Cindy, and Sister.
Michelle

Will be doing weeding yet again today. There is still so much to do. Should have done this in the Spring while it was easier to pull up weeds. Live and learn.

Michelle, Great job on XTrain bis and tris and Shiva. I know the yoga is good for you. It stretches out not only your worked muscles, but also the tendons and ligaments. You are doing yourself a favor. Don't know about the polar vortex. Will look on line how it will affect us and let you know. Oh, I too miss Laura so very much. My heart still hurts for her.

Take care,

Janie

Yesterday was Intensity Step and HIIT Hi premix. Today was XTRAIN disc 5, legs. So glad tomorrow is a rest day, with a yoga option. 10 days until the Cathe roadtrip. Sister and I will be driving up to Glassboro on Thursday this year. Give ourselves a little more time to relax before the road trip actually begins.

Janie: I hear you on the weeds. I got ahead of mine this year and have kept up with the occasional weed sprout which makes the little bit of gardening that I do much more pleasant. I do use preen and by the mulch with the preen in it. It seems to help. You might save some weeding for Wed-Fri when temps are supposed to be cooler. How is your foot doing?

Hi to Laura, Cindy, Kathy, and sister.
Michelle

It's been about a week and Rolly and I walked the beach. Picked up lots of stones. This is what I did with them.

409783547.jpg

Joey asks: Why all left feet? LOL! Don't know, was in the moment.

Michelle,Great job on Intensity Step and Hiit Hi premix. And for today's XTrain disc 5, legs. Wow! Not long before you are with Cathe. I envy you. Have Fun! Relaxing before the actual RT is a good idea. And jealous of you that you kept up the weeds this year in your garden. I'll have to that next year for sure. I didn't do anything today, it was misty. I know, any excuse not to weed, right? Shame on me. Tomorrow I'll do more. My foot was a little sore today, I guess I yearned so much for the beach and spent too much time there. But it's not so real bad. I'll go again tomorrow. I want more stones! LOL

Take care,

Janie

I can breathe! Birthday party season is over and I don't have any guests planned for a couple weeks :) Lily had a great party and was a little princess. Sleeping Beauty did great with the girls and had them all mesmerized, it was a fun party.

Exercise has been lacking but tonight I'm getting back on track because I finally can. My next thing is to start looking at painting in the basement since the trim is up and we need to paint before the carpet arrives. That will eat into my workouts but at least it's physical!

Here's a picture of Lily in the Queen Ilsa dress that I added onto for her, it needed glitter and she loves jackets to accessorize with :)

Janie - So glad your foot is doing better, that's so hard! Love the feet :) I hope the weeding is over for you soon, it can be a workout on it's own.

Michelle - I love how you are always killing it with your workouts! I'm so excited to hear how the roadtrip goes, what a blast you'll have.

Cindy

7-16-14

How long has it been since I've posted? My goodness its been a while. But frankly I can't do too much exercise wise due to my shoulder. I just feel like I'm not doing enough. Been keeping up with my workouts though but just been doing all shoulder exercises that my therapist gave me + different cardios + ab work. I went on Monday & it was my last physical therapy session. I had no pain at all. I'm to use only 3# dbs & work my way up again but slowly.

Tonight will be AOLIC of Cathe's.

I also had to make arrangements for when my railroad will be striking starting Sunday (7/21). I'm trying to get a desk at our Long Island office. Wish me luck!

Janie sis: Glad to hear that your foot is much better & you & Rolly are walking the beach once again. :) And your really loving that guitar of yours. Before you know it you'll be pro.

Cindy: Life is certainly good to you now that all the birthday's are out of the way. It did sound like a fun party for Lily.

Michelle: Like Cindy says your killing it w/your workouts. You sure are getting ready for Cathe's roadtrip. I know you & Renee will have a blast.

Take care,
Kathy

Yesterday was my break day and today I did X10-low impact and step premix combo. Is it just me or are these X10 workouts killers? Quite frankly, I'd think the complete Intensity workout is easier. I'm trying to decide if I should scale it back a little before the roadtrip or keep hitting it hard. Today I definitely felt like I hit the exercise hard and I thought by just doing 2 of the X10s that I'd be going easy. Ha!

Cindy and Kathy: WELCOME BACK! Yes, you've both been absent for a while. You know you can pop in even if you are not working out. No judging here; just encouragement to get back on that horse as soon as possible.

Cindy: I'm not seeing the picture that you posted:(. Might you try again?

Kathy: AOLIH is one of my favorites. It's hard to do a Cathe weight workout that doesn't work the shoulders somehow. She seems to love the shoulder work. Sorry to hear about the railroad strike; maybe it won't happen.

Hi to Janie and sister. Only 9 more days to the Cathe roadtrip.
Michelle

Weeded big time today (it will last all Summer and beyond), walked the beach with Rolly, and rode my tricycle. Fun, fun, fun! Put a few pairs of stone feet in the rose, lily and Iris garden around our porch and deck. Would you call that little space a garden? LOL

Cindy, Yea, isn't it nice to have no plans except enjoy the Summer. Lily is so adorable. She looks like she had a wonderful party. There are never ending project here as well. Yep I consider them workouts. Whew!

Kathy Sis, Wow I missed you! Seems like a long time. Don't worry if you didn't do enough workouts to post. Glad to see you doing workouts. Please know you can post anything anytime. We are here for you. Congratulation for your last PT. Working with 3# dumbbells is awesome. You are on your way. Wishing you luck on trying to get a desk.

Michelle,
Great job on your break day and today's X10 low impact and step premix combo. They are very much killer workouts! Scale it back so you can be ready for a round or two of Cathe's workouts.

Take care,

Janie

7-17-14

Last night had a good workout w/AOLIC but stopped up to the point when the disc section started. My puzzle mats are not conducive during the summer to discs. They stick. Didn't want another injury. :O I also did the ab section to Lean Legs & Abs.

I'm trying to think of an UB workout of Cathe's to do. Thinking of CTX the entire UB using just 5# dbs. I don't have 3#s. Or perhaps doing the UB premix to BM2. Let you know what I decided on.

Michelle: Your not alone in thinking that all of the X10's are killers. You did a great job on doing 2 of them. I would think about scaling it back some as you'll be doing 5 classes on Saturday won't you? Its a lot in one day what Cathe does.

Janie Sis: Weeding is hard work. Thank goodness I leave all that to my landscaper. I'll have to check & see if I can view the picture you posted re the stones you collected. Your garden sounds lovely. I should dust off my bike & check the tires & head out to Massapequa Park where there's a bike trail that goes for 38 miles. Glad you had fun w/your tricycle & your walk on the beach.

Wish me luck today as today I find out if they have room for me at the Garden City office. If not, then I'll have no choice but to ask my boss, Mike to room w/him! Perish the thought!! He lives in Brooklyn & it would only take me about 15 min. to get to work.

Take care,
Kathy

I did Hiit 30/30 on Tuesday and it was rough, I was totally sucking air and had a layer of sweat! Last night I did X10 Low Impact and tonight I'll do a short Athletic Training so I can also focus on cleaning a bit and packing. We're heading to my parents for the weekend since it's the county fair. Brodie has some homework for his tumble class and I said we'll do it every day together so that will give me a little bit extra activity each day - fun stuff!

Kathy - Fingers crossed you can get to the garden city office! You are still doing great with your workouts even though you feel like you cant do all you want, you will get there :)

Janie - Thanks! She felt like a little princess for sure that day. Great job on all the weeding, hopefully you don't turn around and see more weeds anytime soon.

Michelle - If you look at it like a race you would take it easy the last week leading up so that's not a bad idea. I wonder why you can't see the picture, darn this technology!

Has anyone heard how Laura is doing?

Cindy

This morning was XTRAIN burn sets chest, back, and shoulders. Didn't really feel like working out this morning but I did and was happy for it afterwards.

Cindy: today I can see the picture. Lilly is so darn cute. She is blessed to have such a wonderful mom. You are doing some great workouts--way to go getting back to getting your licks in. We have not heard from Laura but she does post of facebook from time to time. Looks like some days are better than others for her.

Janie: congratulations on conquering the weeds.

Kathy: no reprieve on the strike? Bummer. Hope things work out with the Garden City Office. Yes, I'm going to scale back a little on the intensity this next week. Sister and I will be in Glassboro a week from today. Have to check to see what time Cathe is teaching her regular Friday morning class. Usually Cathe lets roadtrippers attend that class as well if they want to.

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.