Getting Our Licks In!

Did Total Body Sculpting tonight. A little easy so will do a more challenging one next time.

Michelle, Good job on the errands and inside the house. Oh yes and the garden. Makes me wish I had a garden at the Beach House, maybe next year. Sounds like a good weather project and fun.

Take care,

Janie

STS squat rack disc 39 today. Easing up on the end of the third week of meso 3. Wow, where has the time gone? Taking it easy today; fine tuning my paper and then I'm sending it to my editor and my reviewer.. It is cooler outside and I'm actually hoping we will get a little rain but if not today, we are supposed to get wet weather on Tuesday for sure.

Janie: I know that you are no where near Seattle and where these mud slides are happening, but I thought of you right away this morning when I heard the news. It is good to know that our Janie is safe and sound at the beach with her DH and Rolly. Also good to know that you are on the mend and get back into exercise.

Hope everyone else is doing well and getting their licks in.
Michelle

3-24-14

Saturday went back to 21 Day Fix Total Body Cardio & Sunday was 21 Day Fix Upper Fix. Went heavier on the weights for Upper Fix. Tonight's Lower Body Fix.

Will this cold weather ever go away!!! Weekend was great at least Saturday was 60's. However, today we're back down to 28!!! We're expected SNOW again Tuesday night. Heaven help us up here in the North!!!

Michelle: I'm glad one of us has a green thumb b/c if I even touch a plant it dies. LOL Sad but true. It must feel great to be outdoors in the warm weather doing your lawn. I have a landscaper that does it for me. Time did truly go by fast w/STS rotation. Can't believe you did Disc #39 already. Great job. Beachbody is known for not responding to emails right away. I'm sorry this is happening to you. I hope someone answers you soon.

Janie Sis: Your back in full throttle with your workouts. :) I didn't know that you had such severe weather at least in Seattle. At least all of you were at the beach house safe & sound.

Take care,
Kathy

Our weekend was decent and Dave and I had a great night out on Friday. I overdid it on food unfortunately! I did get in Turbobarre yesterday, only 40 min in though because Lucas woke up. Tonight is Athletic Training and I'm going to try the leg premix, I don't think I've done it before and hopefully it works the muscles I'm not feeling from Turbobarre. I swear that workout doesn't get any easier!

Michelle - I hope this week isn't as many hours for you, that gets exhausting! So jealous you got to do yard work, I can't wait to start on mine. I did notice my rhubarb is starting to peek out so I will probably start my seedlings soon.

Kathy - I would love if Brodie worked out with me, right now he's limited on stamina and he just keeps it fun but it's a good start at 7. We will still see snow through May but at this point it doesn't stick around longer than a couple days.

Janie - X10 is packed with great workouts - glad you're getting out and enjoying the nice days!

Cindy

Ok finally getting back on my feet. I was pretty sick there for awhile and then my mom and daughters were sick plus lots of movement with the divorce.... But I have been moving slowly through the Intensity Series. I have had to keep my weights lighter and needed more time for recovery but I did the PUB Upper and lower body and the combo (which I had never done before and really really liked) I hate the non pyramid leg part of the PUL so I tend to avoid that one. n I did Cardio & Weights, Boot Camp and Muscle Endurance. Today I did my first Terminator workout. I bought this DVD years ago and have been so afraid of it I never did it. But today I did The Viper. It was tough for sure/ by the end I was doing all low impact on the cardio parts/ I also went lighter on the Muscle Endurance weight portions as I had just done that workout yesterday! I think I will have to space these workouts our to every other day and do a lighter cardio inbetween. My feet. anklels and knees have all been complaiing lately with all the jumping!

Hope all is well with all of you. As ususal when I have been gone for awhile I tend to get overwhelmed with trying to catch up so I will just move forward from here...

HiiT 30/30 for me tonight. The mud slides that are happening has never happened like that ever before, at least the 62 years I've been in the Pacific NW. Luckily Joey and I aren't anywhere near them. Weather is predicting rain for the rest of the week and likely to have more slides.

Michelle, Great job on squat rack disc 39. I love using the squat rack. Time does fly by quick when you are already 3rd week of meso 3. Hope all goes well with your paper sending it to the editor/reviewer. The mud slides are far away from us, yet I have to tell ya, I've been living in the Pacific NW most of my life and it has never been that bad. I cringe on how many people may have perished.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Day Fix Total Body Cardio and on Sun. Upper Fix. Cool going heavier on the weight. Can't believe you are expecting snow. Be safe and warm.

Cindy, Great job on Turbobarre yesterday. We all over do eating. Don't beat yourself up about for to long. Just get back to it and forget about it.

Laura, Always nice to hear from you. Was starting to get worried, you are such a big part of this group. Great job slowly doing Intensity Series, PUB Upper and lower body and the combo. getting back from all the illness and divorce battle. Also for doing Cardio & Weights (love that one), Boot Camp and Muscle Endurance, and for today's Terminator (The Viper) for the first time. Take a well deserve rest now and let your body heal. Good going!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Athletic Training Lower Body had me pouring sweat and burning calories, I even had enough energy after to get some chores done around the house. Tonight is X10 and I'm going to do 1-2, it will be a burner and I can do it!

Janie - thanks for the reminder, I hate how a slip up bumps my weight up so much - it's frustrating. Hiit sounds fun, they've been on my mind so I may need to sneak one in this week.

Laura - Good to hear you're keep up with your workouts and I understand with the getting overwhelmed on catching up :)

Cindy

It is foggy and snowing but the snow isn't amounting to more than an annoyance. I say that now, we'll see how annoying it is during the evening commute. The roads are just wet so I'm hopeful. This morning I did STS disc 33, shoulders, biceps, and triceps and so ends week three of meso 3; one more week to go. I'm hunkered down in my office finally on pace somewhat with my work. It's about time. Last night I was so tired and with no happy, wagging puppy to great me, I just fell apart when I walked in the house. My poor DH--all he can do is give me a hug and let me cry. I'm pathetic; I know.

Laura: nice to have you back. Between you and Janie and Kathy, I think ya'll have had more than your share of being sick this winter. But I have to just comment that you are so much more positive, upbeat, and happy sounding despite all the stuff. And you continue to work through all the workouts. Quite a task. I've done one terminator workout and I'm not sure which one it was, but it just about terminated me.

Janie: did you see the article in the weekly Cathe email about the benefits of HITT? Don't forget tabatacise is like a HITT too. The count on the number of people still missing from the mudslides is just horible. Back in the late 60s, there was a part of central rural Virginia that got wiped out by mudslides during Hurricane Agnes. Just awful.

Kathy: Hoping you are just get "annoying" snow up your way too and nothing more serious than that. I'm wondering if the cherry blossoms will ever bloom this year. I'm not too bummed about not getting my workouts from Beach Body yet since I still have a week of STS to go and then a week of active recovery. I'll send them another email this week and see if I get any response. And I don't really have a green thumb, I do just enough in the garden to keep it clean and looking decent. At some point here soon, I'll turn all my yard work over to our lawnservice.

Hi to sister who is having a no school-snow day.
Michelle

Ugh! Another snow day. I thought the last one was the last one. :) can't recall snow in April in Virginia so this has to be the last one.

Almost done with STS meso cycle 1. I have one more cardio and disc 12 to go. Then it's active recovery week. I'm gonna do all my favorite step workouts...uh oh, may need more then a week! LOL

I've been busy at school. Always something going on. But the good news is there are only 38 days left of this school year. We started early so we get out early on May 23!

Looks like everybody else is staying busy too.

Work work!

Renn

Ugh! Another snow day. I thought the last one was the last one. :) can't recall snow in April in Virginia so this has to be the last one.

Almost done with STS meso cycle 1. I have one more cardio and disc 12 to go. Then it's active recovery week. I'm gonna do all my favorite step workouts...uh oh, may need more then a week! LOL

I've been busy at school. Always something going on. But the good news is there are only 38 days left of this school year. We started early so we get out early on May 23!

Work work!

Renee

Work work!

Renn

Dear, I can't spell my own name!

Everything is AOK with our Rolly. He still is licking, but will see how he does in a few days. Poor sweetie, he was so brave for being a Drama King. Did High Step Challenge. YaHoo! I love this workout! Making book markers, jewelry and if I have time at least one drawing for the Art Association. Been very busy.

Cindy, Great job pouring out sweat with Athletic training Lower Body. And for choremax.

This morning I did STS disc 33, shoulders, biceps, and triceps and so ends week three of meso 3; one more week to go. I'm hunkered down in my office finally on pace somewhat with my work. It's about time. Last night I was so tired and with no happy, wagging puppy to great me, I just fell apart when I walked in the house. My poor DH--all he can do is give me a hug and let me cry. I'm pathetic; I know.

Michelle, Fog and snow? Hmm, I don't think I've seen that. Hope the annoyance passes through with no problems. Great job on this mornings STS disc 33, shoulders, biceps and triceps. Congrats for completing meso week 3. YaHoo! Very proud of you! Yes I did see the article about HiTT. I even did Tabatacise just last week or so. Love those short workouts yet so very intense. Or how ever long you want to make it. Short ones for me right now. LOL Glad to hear you are working normally. If you are pathetic for missing Ripken, then I am too for missing my little Molly girl. I still cry when I remember her and when she allows me to see her in the clouds. (hugs to you) It dose help to get another friend. They will not replace your Ripken, because all animals have their own personalities. But you need another puppy I think. Do you have to wait until Fall? Maybe you do if you want the heritage of Ripken. I know.:(

Renee, Aw it's nothing to spell your name wrong. You must have just been typing fast. I do it too. Sorry about the stubborn snow still around. You are doing so well on STS. Good for you! Sounds like you are planning a very good time with cardio on your recovery week. Wow, you are so lucky for only 38 more days of school.

Michelle, Good job on you and your boss with X10 Low Impact.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
3-26-14

I wasn't able to get onto the internet yesterday. Monday I did 21 Day Fix Lower Body & used heavier weights. Last night was Pilates Fix. Tonight will be cardio. I may do Amy Bento Ross's Hi-lo Dynamics but if I'm low on energy I'll do AOLIC instead. I may still change my mind by tonight. LOL

Renee: You got more snow than we did here in NY. We got just a slight dusting. Another snow day! At least the kids don't have to make up the time. You only have 38 more days to go. I'm jealous. I should've been a teacher. Great job on finishing up Meso 1.

Michelle: Your not pathetic by any means. I too have those emotional moments re my Tux & Lex. My Tux used to sit on the living room windowsill as if he was greeting me after a hard day at work. I miss both of my cats too. It sounds as if you need a new puppy sooner rather than later. Do you really want to wait until fall? You definitely have more of a green thumb than I do. We had our landscapers arrive the other day & then it snowed!!!! What's wrong w/this picture? You did great w/STS & for doing X10 w/your boss.

Cindy: Great job on AT Lower Body premix. I don't think I've ever done that premix. Good luck on doing 2 X10's. I don't know how you do it between the kids, DH & work. Your simply amazing.

Laura: With all you have going on your amazing too for getting in all your workouts. I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick. I have my DH & DS sick but today both of them are on the mend. I'm glad your back & feeling better. I never purchased Terminator & I have no intention of ever purchasing it. It sounds awful!!

Take care everyone!
Kathy

Hi Ya'll! Just caught up on personals! Sounds like everyone is doing GREAT on their workouts HIGH FIVES all around! It's amazing all the ups and downs of life, the loss of loved ones both 2 legged and 4 legged, sickness, and other life events not to mention the daily and yearly cycles of events we all continue to getup and press play and keep on keeping on with our workouts! Really we ROCK!:eek:

Yesterday was my two classes

Today was the GAUNTLET from the terminator DVD which was
1 section from Imax2,
1 leg from Boot camp,
1 compound exercise from C&W,
1 upper body from Boot Camp and
1 Boot Camp Cardio

Cycled 7 times! Needless to say I was totally dreading it but I ended up LOVING IT! Great, Great Great Work Out and I was in a flop sweat for sure! Hair was soaked through by the end!

3-27-14

Last night was Amy Bento Ross's Hi-lo Dynamics the Shorty premix. This has combos 1 & 3 + 2 blasts + abs. Needless to say I skipped the abs. I get quite enough of that from 21 Day Fix. Great combos. She's the bomb when it comes to choreo. Tonight's back to 21 Day Fix Dirty 30 which is a total body workout. I really like that one.

Laura: After doing GAUNTLET you ROCK!!!! After reading your post about the Terminator I'm thinking of purchasing it. Gauntlet sounds awesome!

Michelle: Glad you took a rest day yesterday.

Take care ladies!
Kathy

I did X37 on Tuesday and it was a great workout, now to try 3 at once :) Yesterday I took off since we had a well check with blood work so I figured I shouldn't exercise in the morning and then I had wine club last night. Tonight I'll do slide and glide muscle conditioning and start cleaning the house. Happy to see the weekend coming.

Laura - It is a great motivator to see everyone keep health and exercise as a priority, so many people in my life don't and it's sad! You're doing great with your workouts!

Michelle - Enjoy your rest day :) I'm sure your husband understands and is more than happy to comfort you - big hugs to you!

Kathy - Thanks for the encouragement, I think my kids keep me motivated to get things done and utilize my time properly. Now to just find a way to seep some of the energy from them. You are doing awesome with your workouts!

Janie - So glad Rolly is OK and I hope the licking goes away soon. Glad you're getting some time in for fun stuff.

Renee - You had me laughing, I've done similar things. Great job going through Meso, which step workouts are your favorite? I've been thinking about getting another STEP DVD.

Cindy

Took a rest day yesterday.

Here are some photos of what I've been up to for the Art Association. Will make about 20 unique pieces for the book marks and also make dollar rings and see how they sell. Will continue to sell soap and earring sets from last year.
409095610.jpg

409095609.jpg

I also want to draw a couple of doodles too. We'll see how busy I get.

Kathy Sis, Great job for Mon. 21 Day Fix Lower Body and yeah for using heavier weights. Awesome! Also for doing last nights Pilates Fix.

Michelle, Glad to see you are using Rest Days. YaHoo! Aren't they nice?

Laura, Yep, life goes on, you never know from one day to another. I agree, we do rock! LOL! Great job on the two classes and for the Gauntlet from the terminator. I have to admit, I haven't even open the Terminator DVD yet. Whats it like? I'm thinking way beyond what I can do. I love the sweat when I do a great workout to.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Amy Bento Ross Hi/Low Dynamics premix. I have some of her stuff, should reach for her more often.

Cindy, Great job on X37 Tues. Good you rested yesterday since you had blood work. Are you OK?

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Janie - That ring is really cool, you are such a talented artist. Our work offers free blood draws/health fairs every 6 months and I haven't had my cholesterol, etc done for about 4 years so I figured it was time to make sure everything looks normal. I'm not worried just took advantage of the program and it helped that they're giving us $250 in a medical flex account just for doing it :)

Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.