Getting Our Licks In!

Into the last week of meso 3. Yesterday was disc 34 and I'm done with chest and back. Today was Low Impact Challenge from the LIS--I have not done this step workout in a LONG, LONG time. Felt like I was doing it for the first time, that's how long it has been. But I made it through and that is what counts.

Janie: it is nice to see you being creatively productive again. You seem to thrive when you are in the "artistic" mode--just an observation from the other side of the country. I'm partial to your jewelry. I think it is just wonderful.

Laura: I've done one Terminator workout and it just about terminated me. You've got major guts and muscles taking on those workouts.

Cind: let us know how you do with 3 X-10s. I can get through two pretty well but on three I'm barely standing. That is definitely a kick-butt workout dvd.

Kathy: way to go on the Hi-Lo cardio. Is Amy Bento's Hi-Lo like Cathe's Hi-Lo?

Hi to sister--who I think just finished STS meso 1.
Michelle

Bummer looks like I lost my last post...

Anyway yesterday I did my last Terminator which was IMAXEXTREME and I have to say I will be happy not to see any of those IMAX 2 blasts for awhile!:p

I just did Kick Punch and Crunch, moving on to Body Blast Series, and it was fun.....until I got this crazy intense pain in my mid thoracic. It was so sharp and so painful I could hardly breathe!! Yikes I did some stretching and worked it out and managed to finish the workout taking it very easily!

It really did suck....

Michelle Congrats on another round of STS almost completed!

Cindy hope the blood work comes outs great

Janey that ring is so fun and creative I hope it sells well too!

Kathy Terminator turned out to be fun. Honestly though it may have sat in my dvdd drawer for 2 years before I ever did it!:eek::rolleyes:

Been busy doing art stuff, no workout until after Tues. My 63rd birthday is Tues. and want to celebrate with eating at our favorite resturant and second hand shopping. Then on the strictness of regimes until the holidays in the Fall.

Cindy, So cool your work has blood draw/health fairs. Wish more would do that and money incentives. So cool.

Michelle, Great job, yesterday, on the last week of meso 3, disc 34 chest and back. And for todays Low Impact Challenge from the LIS. Good job! Aw. you are too kind. By the way, how is the jewelry holding out?

Laura, It is frustrating when posts are lost. I've done it too. Great job on yesterdays Terminator. Can't blame you for not seeing them for awhile. I hear they are very hard. It's always there when you are ready for more of them. Also for doing Kick Punch and Crunch. OMG! Wonder what happen that you would feel pain like that. Yikes is right! Glad you worked it out by stretching. Hmmmmm, scary. (HUGS)

Take care,

Janie

So many great Cathe workouts to do and not enough time in the day to do them all. I finished mesocycle one this week so now I am into my active recovery week. It took me a while to decide on which workout to do, but finally decided on the timesaver premix from Body Max 2. I love that workout! The music is so good and the routine just flows. It makes me HAPPY!

Then I read about Laura doing Terminator...man, I'd love to give that a whirl too. But this is recovery, right? Not "red line"!! LOL I think I have done one of those workouts and they are tough. Just like HardCore Extreme! ANd X10-77. Wee doggie. But once I get through STS, I've got those on my list to conquer...at least I'll give it a try. I can dream about it for now.

2 more weeks until Spring Break. So much to do and accomplish at school. One event was postponed because of snow last week. The date has yet to be set. It makes me wonder what the powers that be are waiting for. I've got a big performance scheduled for Thursday, April 10. Still lots to do with that one. Its my Orff Ensemble of 74 kids playing xylophones on stage. We only know 5 pieces since we have missed so much school due to weather. It will be short and sweet. Unfortunately I can't postpone that one, because once we get back from break, its SOL testing for the next month. ICK! Makes me glad I'm a music teacher and not a classroom teacher. Gladly take the stress of performace over that anytime.

Cindy, I hope everything turns out A-OK with the health screening.

I watched the movie American Hustle today. It was just...ok. I've got Gravity to look at tonight. I wanted Frozen but Red Box was all out.

Keep up the good fight my friens!

~Renee

STS squat rack disc 40 today. And I' feelilng the DOMS already. Whew. Just one more STS workout and then I get a recovery week. I'm headed to lovely Twentynine Palms, CA early Monday morning, so I'll be taking yoga practices with me: Cathe and Shiva Rea. Going to be meeting with Marines at the Communications School at the Marine Corps Base for one of my projects. It's been a while since I've travelled anywhere other than Quantico. It will be good to get out with the Marines but I sure will miss my DH. I'll be back home Thursday night. I hoping that 4 lonely days at home will have my DH ready to get another pup. We'll see.

Janie: your jewelry is holding up great. Always a source of energy and love for me when I wear it. You are an April Fool's baby! My mom's birthday is on April 2nd. She will be 81 (I think that's right--sister will correct me if I am wrong).

Laura: double-high-fives to you for doing all the Terminator workouts. WOW! You totally rock. Wonder what happened on KPC?

Spent the day running errands and doing a little house-cleaning. I am pooped out. Plan to vegetate for the rest of the day.

Michelle

Continued making money rings and getting ready for the Art Association sales.

Renee, Great job on finishing meso 1. Enjoy the many active recoveries this week. Timesaver premix from Body Max 2 is really good. Dreaming about workouts to do is good mentally. Time sure flies when it's Spring break in two weeks. Yikes! I'm sure with all the events happening and postponements, things will work out OK. Sounds really busy for you. I want to see Gravity so darn bad! Enjoy it.

Michelle, Great job on the squat rack disc 40 today. Yep, those will give you DOM's for sure. I bet you can't wait for your recovery week after your last STS Workout. Congrats by the way. Twentynice Palms, CA. Hmmm never heard of it. Will search it on the internet. It sounds exotic and wonderful. Looks like with all the DVD's you are taking, that you have your workouts covered. Enjoy getting out with the Marines. OOOOOOOOO, I hope you get another pup. OOOOOOOOOO, so excited for you.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Finished STS today. Had to be done with an early travel day tomorrow. It always seems a little strange doing the last STS workout. I'm taking one of my Shiva Rea dvds with me and I've got yoga max and yoga relax on my iphone. Yoga week--here I come. Will be leaving the house at 4am tomorrow morning to head for the airport. Flight leaves at 7am. Should be at Twentynine Palms by mid-afternoon (CA time).

Janie: another sign of spring when you are getting ready for the Art Association sales. Good stuff. I'm hoping that our cherry tree will be popping blooms by the time I get home at the end of the week. Time will tell.

Hi to Cindy, Laura, Kathy, and sister. I'll try to pop by tomorrow.
Michelle

3-31-14

Saturday I decided to do Cardio Blast. I found this one to be very easy compared to BB's Total Body Cardio. I had fun anyway. Sunday was KCM's Body Shop Upper Body premix. Tonight will be Great Glutes (Timesaver #3-no stability ball) premix. I'm keeping w/BB's rotation from 21 Day Fix b/c it has variety which I didn't have before w/my own rotation.

Michelle: Have a safe trip to CA. Never heard of Twentynine Palms. I'll have to look it up. I can't believe you finished STS already. That went by so fast. Enjoy your yoga workouts this week. I hope you get that new pup soon. That would so great!!!

Janie Sis: I'm not able to view any photos here at work. Bummer. :-( Sometimes I'm even blocked from the news!!! Your busy busy getting all of your art work ready for the show. I hope you get a lot of sales. Your earrings are holding up beautifully btw.

Renee: I'm sure everything will work out w/the performance. What's SOL? I can't believe you only have 2 more weeks until Spring Break. I'll have to check out Body Max 2 premix for next week. I don't believe I ever did that one.

Laura: WOW on your workouts!!! You've been busy. That must've been very scary during KPC. I wonder what happened? I hope your ok now after you stretched out. Please take it easy.

Waves to Cindy!
Kathy

This weekend flew by, I needed one more day! Exercise was nil but that's changing tonight and I can't wait - I've been crabby due to the lack of exercise. I'm starting my 2 weeks of P90X3 tonight. Lily had a cheer competition yesterday so I had to squeeze in all my chores on Saturday and that left me no time since we also had a surprise visit from Dave's friends. I do have DOMS from yesterday just from carrying Lucas around (my portable 28 lb weight!) and holding him while he napped for an hour :)

Here's a youtube link to Lily's cheer yesterday, they finally got 1st place. She starts off as the base in the very back far right and winds up in the cheer position in the back middle (right under the banner).

Motion Athletics Tiny Blaze 3/30/14 - YouTube

I hope the link works :)

Kathy - I love hearing people say they have fun with workouts, that's the whole point and it's sad so many think it's a chore or punishment! As always great job with your awesome workouts.

Michelle - I hope the weather is lovely for you and you have some fun. I hope the quiet house does get your DH in the mood for a puppy, fingers crossed!

Janie - We are lucky to have the healthy fair options and have it be free. What is sad is so many people don't take advantage of it and I think that's why they put a money bribe with it. So what is your favorite restaurant?

Renee - It can be hard to take it easy on recovery weeks but your body will thank you for it. Lots to prep for but nice to know you'll get a break afterwards.

Laura - I hope the pains don't come back, things like that make me nervous about injuring something and having a long recovery.

Cindy

Quick check-in. Very tired. Been up since 3 am this morning. Had great flights but I'm like a walking zombie at this point. Just trying to make it to dinner and then early to bed. Will get in a yoga practice in the morning.

Cindy: I watched the YouTube clip. Very cute; all the girls are giving it their best and I hope they are all having fun. They are how old? It will be interesting to see how they progress as they get older.

Michelle

4-1-14

Last night was Great Glutes (Timesaver #3 no stability ball) premix. Tonight's 21 Day Fix Pilates Fix.

Janie Sis: Happy Birthday!!! What's your favorite restaurant? Enjoy your shopping too.

Michelle: Glad you hear you had a good flight. I hope you get to enjoy some of sunny CA & its not all work.

Cindy: Unfortunately I can't view youtube at work. I'll check out the clip when I get home tonight. Congrats for them winning 1st place!! That's wonderful.

Take care,
Kathy

Had a fantastic birthday. Went to Main restaurant and ate lots of Asian foods, ice cream, pudding... Yummmmmy. Then shopped and went home. It was lots of fun. Tomorrow is the start again of my workouts for a long long time. I can't wait!

Reminding everyone to get a mammogram. Mine is tomorrow and a Pap smear on the 8th. Just do it.

Michelle, Great job on finishing STS. YaHoo! You are so good! I bet you feel and look good. The DVD's you are taking with you are so great for traveling. Nice choices. Enjoy Twentynic Palms if you can.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Cardio Blast for Sun. KCM's Body Shop Upper Body premix. I'm so glad the earrings are holding up. Let me know if they aren't and I will make you more.

Cindy, I love the cheer competition video. How adorabel! You must be proud. Enjoy your workouts again, I'm doing it as well. I missed them.

Michelle, Get some sleep with all that traveling.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Great Glutes Timesaver 3 no stability ball premix.

Thanks again for the wonderful birthday wishes,

Janie

4-2-14

Last night was Pilates Fix. I always enjoy this one. Tonight's Amy Bento Ross's All Out Hi-lo Cardio (just the 4 combos premix). I haven't done this one in a LONG time so I may not make it to combo #4. My brain may be on choreo overload. LOL

Janie Sis: Happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday. Great food & shopping always puts a smile on my face.

Michelle: Hope your not working too hard. Get some rest if you can.

Cindy: Still have to check out the youtube clip.

Waves to Laura & Renee!

Kathy

This week has me running around crazy. Brodie started baseball last night and Monday night took me until 9:30 to get lunches and dinner packed (not home until after 8 on Tues for a couple months) along with baseball gear and I was not happy I wasn't able to get a workout in. Last night I said I'd get it in no matter how late and was able to start at 8:40, tonight will be a little easier. I did total synergistics last night and will do Agility X. I may only make it one week before going back to Cathe, I just felt there were too many breaks.

Michelle - I'm glad the plane ride went well and sorry on the exhaustion from the trip. Her team has 3-5 year olds on it so they're pretty young but so sweet to watch.

Kathy - Pilates Fix does sound fun!

Janie - So glad you had a great birthday, sorry I didn't get on to wish you Happy Birthday yesterday, so Happy Belated Birthday! I am really proud of her, she has so much fun out there and really loves the whole experience.

Cindy

4-3-14

Last night was Amy's All Out Hi-lo Cardio (all combos premix). My brain was on choreo overload w/this one. Its been a LONG time since I did this one. I managed to make it up to combo #3 but only finished it on the right side. Just couldn't handle anymore & quit at that point. I had forgotten how hard this one is. I must say though Amy is the QUEEN of hi-lo. I remember there was a time when I mastered all of her hi-lo workouts. I have to get there again.

Tonight will be Flex Train. I love this one.

Cindy: Sorry you have late nights. I know how that can be too. I too get angry when I can't workout. But just push forward & do what you can. Your going to be running quite a bit now that spring is here w/the kids & all their activities. Can Dave pitch in & help w/some of the running?

Take care,
Kathy

Yesterday was Learner Legs. OUCH! I forgot how that makes me have DOM's. Failing the toilet seat this morning. X10 is on tonight's schedule and will report back later.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Pilates fix.

Cindy, You are sooooo busy. Great job on synergistics. Getting back to Cathe is always good. It's good to do other workouts to change/charge/confuse the body, but for me, always seems nice to get back to Cathe.

Kathy Sis, Great job on AOHLCardio, all combos premix. I think you did an excellent job. Good for you doing that challenge. You'll get there.

Take care everyone,

Janie

I have some PMS and was crabby last night until I got my workout in, my poor family! I was not in the mood for P90X3 so I did Hiit 40/20 and loved it. I am going to put together a Hiit/Tabata/weight routine and I'm just going to have some fun with it, I love the Hiit workouts and enjoy the sweat they give. I don't know if I'll get a workout in tonight, I have to get the house clean for my sanity. If there's time I'll do it but I have a feeling I may be trying to get in too much tonight if I do.

Kathy - Dave is somewhat helpful, he doesn't always pay attention and the kids will ask me for stuff while I'm elbow deep in something yet Dave is doing nothing. He will be around to help once we get home but the prep before practice and getting there he's at work so I'm on my own. Great job with the workout, sounds like a killer!

Janie- Cathe is the one I always go back to also, I just love her style and how she's so good at kicking my rear :)

Cindy

April Rotation says for today is X10 in its entirety. Well I know I wouldn't make it so I did #38 premix. 38 min. Whew!

Cindy, Great job on Hiit 40/20. Love the idea of a Hiit/Tabata/weight routine. Let us know when you put that together. I would love to do it. Try not to overwork tonight.

Take care,

Janie

4-4-14

Last night was Flex Train & I must say that compared to 21 Day Fix's Dirty 30 Flex Train is easy. However, NOT the tricep section. That one's a doozy & I think overkill. Tonight's Extended Stretch or 21 Day Fix Yoga. Next week I'll be changing workouts up again.

Cindy: Great job on doing 40/20. Interesting that you want to put together a hiit/tabata/weight workout. Kelly Coffey-Myer came out w/Shape Up which is a tabata workout true to form. It alternates tabatas using the step w/weights. I plan on doing it on Saturday. Plus its only 30 min. so makes this doable. I'm interested in what you come up with.

Janie Sis: Glad your back at it w/your workouts & X10 no less. I would never do X10 in its entirety. Although you never know w/me. What's on #38? I don't particularly reach for this b/c of the metabolic weight work in it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Kathy

I didn't workout last night but I did chase Lucas around at baseball practice all night and did Clean Max once I was home. Tonight I'm uncertain since Lily has two friends coming for a sleepover and I'm not sure what to expect for my evening. Saturday and Sunday I'll hit it hard.

I'm going to do a trial run of the Hiit/weight type routine for the next week and see what I think and what I want to adjust (comments/suggestions are welcome). This is what I'm thinking for now and I'm planning to hit it hard since I'm preparing for a weekend away starting the 11th:

Sat - Weights: Upper body
Sun - Weights: Lower body
Mon - Tabatacise
Tues - Weights: Upper body
Wed - Hiit 30/30
Thurs - Weights: Lower body
Fri - Hiit 40/20 OR an X10 workout

On a normal week of 6 days on I'll merge two of the weights workouts into 1 upper and lower.

Janie - I don't think I could do X10 in it's entirety either, 38 min sounds like a perfect challenge.

Kathy - Variety is the spice of life :) I'll have to look into Shape Up, my body seems to respond well to those intense pack-it in workouts and I like that a lot of them fit into my tight schedule.

Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.