Getting Our Licks In!

Last night was RWH Back/Shoulders/Biceps. I did the Timesaver #2 (no finishers). The resistance band is the culprit re my sore shoulder. I decided I didn't want to risk another injury so left them out. Tonight's my rest day thank goodness b/c I'm pooped! I felt energized last night & had upped my weight on the back work to 26 1/4# db. The bb weight for bicep curls was 35#s. Thought I was going to pass out but made it through.

Michelle: Your poor DH I wish him well. I'm sure your giving him a lot of TLC. The reason why Cathe does 2x shoulders is she decided to split the front & back. Pretty cool way of working it. Unlike when doing Body Beast Sagi works shoulders for 30 min. That's hard! I have no idea how Cathe is able to use 35 & 30# dbs & go as fast as she does w/such little rest in between sets. Cathe's one STRONG lady. I never preview workouts. I just jump right in & hope for the best.

Janie Sis: How scary for your friend. Your such a wonderful friend for being there for her. I'll pray for her speedy recovery.

Cindy: I hope you get to your to-do list. Like Michelle said there's never enough time. Hang in there & your rockin it w/your workouts in spite of the busy schedule you have. Good luck to Brodie on his yellow belt. I'm sure he'll do fine. :)

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Tomorrow is moving day back to Shelton. Will miss my friends, but they are only 2 hours away.

Cindy, Good idea to have Lily practice over the break. You are such a caring mom to prepare for this with her. Brodie showing everyone through 1st form, must have been like you said very proud. Just use days for rest. Our bodies need breaks. Yea, I get stressed out too. Take care (hugs) and enjoy the lights.

Kathy Sis, Thank for prayers for my friend. It means a lot. Great job on RWH back, shoulders and biceps and Timesaver 2 (no finishers). Yeah you are listening to your body. Way to go for upping your weight!

Take care everyone,

Janie

It's definitely getting close to Christmas because I'm having a hard time remembering to check-in. I'm just happy to be getting my licks in. Did RWH Plyo Two yesterday and RWH Circuit Upper Body today. These workouts really take my breath away. And-I guess that's the point. Just about ready for Christmas at my house. Presents are wrapped and now I'm just trying to get the house cleaned up. DH is still dealing with the Shingles. His rash is really drying up nicely but the pain and cold chills persist. He is having a terrible time sleeping so on top of being in pain, he is exhausted because he can't get a decent night's sleep. I sure hope he starts to feel better soon. I visited with my uncle, aunt, cousin, his wife, and 7 month old daughter yesterday evening. It was a real nice visit, had dinner, and exchanged gitfs. Unfortuntately, DH stayed home; just felt too miserable to be merry.

Cindy: you've got alot on your plate; don't feel bad about missing exercise. I haven't looked at the premixes on RWH, but I bet there are some good options that you can use for a short workout. Gosh, even if you just do the bonus core workouts, at least you will feel like you did something. Plus, mayber Lily can join you. This time of year it is hard for the children to focus and yours are still pretty young. Brodie must really enjoy the karate/tae kwon do if he is staying focused (per his instructor). Sounds like a positive sign that he is motivated and enjoying the activity. Are you all going to have a white Christmas in Montana? No snow if Virginia--supposed to be in the 60s on Christmas Eve (and raining) and in the 50s and sunny on Christmas.

Hope everyone else is having a great week. And hope you are finding time to Get Your Licks In.
Michelle

Made it to Shelton, taking a lot of work to unpack. LOL!

Michelle, Great job on RWH Circuit Upper Body. I'm kinda of scared of theses workouts. LOL So sorry about your honeys shingles. Hugs and prayers his way. Poor guy, dang! Glad you visited family and exchanged presents. So sorry to hear hubby was still too uncomfortable. How long will it be before he will feel better? My heart goes out to him.

Take care,

Janie

I survived my busy weekend even with Brodie getting strep throat on Sunday! He's feeling better thankfully :) Friday night I did Plyo 2, Saturday was Back/Bi's/Shoulders, yesterday was LIHI Legs, and this morning I got up and did Low Impact Hiit #2. Tomorrow morning my mom and I will do an early morning Pilates Equipment class and then I'm taking Christmas off and will be back to it on Friday! I'm still really tired but my stress levels are much lower. It helped that I decided to let my dad paint the 3 walls in Lily's room since my IL's are planning to stay at a hotel, if they even come up now. We have no snow right now (very sad seeing brown grass everywhere) but they are calling for snow late Christmas Eve and my FIL called to lay the ground work that if it snows they won't even come up - yet they're going to my SIL's today so I don't see what the difference is because they have to drive either way. My SIL, BIL and brother have all said if the roads are bad they won't come up for Christmas dinner (understandable) so I may have 16 pounds of meat for 7 people, 3 of which are kids. I'm really frustrated right now.

Janie - I hate unpacking! Have a very Merry Christmas :)

Michelle - Your poor DH, I can only imagine how his holiday joy is not high right now! Great jot keeping up with your workouts. Have a warm and Merry Christmas!

Kathy - Good for you recognizing what can injure you, my old band broke on me doing that workout and snapped my arm, ouch! Have a wonderful Christmas :)

Cindy

I've been getting my licks in w/these workouts. They're at least making me sleep better. Like a rock! Saturday was HIIT Circuit UB. I liked this one. Sunday was LI HIIT 2 w/Bonus Abs 1. Loved this combo. Monday was a rest day. Today was HIIT Circuit LB. I actually had to pause the workout 3 times in order to catch my breath. And I was only using the platform!!! Towards the end I had to go w/lighter weights than Cathe. I was exhausted. I'll have to keep doing this one to improve on it. This workout is HARD.

Presents are all wrapped & the house inside & out looks so pretty. DH wants to have some friends over on Saturday. Sounds good to me. :)

Michelle: I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy yourself w/family & exchange presents even though DH couldn't make it. He's been sick for quite a while now w/the shingles. How long does it take to recover? I feel for him. I wish him well.

Cindy: Its such a great time for the kids but unfortunately a stressful time for you to get everything done. Do you have snow in Montana? We have nothing but rain & more rain. Sun never comes out. And temps are in the 50s. Don't worry about working out. You'll get back into it after the holidays. Brodie must really love Tae Kwon Do. He's focused all right. And you & Lily can practice together during the break.

Janie Sis: Its just a temporary goodbye to your friends. You'll be back before you know it. Are any of your kids coming to visit you or are you going to them?

Take care,
Kathy

Cindy: We must've been posting at the same time. Just saw your post now. I just don't understand your IL's. That's terrible that they already say that if it snows they won't come to visit. Its to see their grandchildren & its Xmas!! I don't see what the problem is. And to have all that meat too for having hardly any guests. I feel your frustration. It doesn't sound from your weather bureau that you'll be getting a lot of snow. Hopefully everyone will be there. You've been hitting it hard w/your workouts. Glad your dad will be doing the painting in Lily's room. That's a load off from you. One less thing to do.

Have a very Merry Xmas.

Kathy

I got Christmas cards from so many people. Please forgive me for not sending any out this year. Wrapped presents and did a little bit of yoga just to stretch some. Now I need to put away the rest of our unpacked stuff and clean the house. It got dusty.

Kathy Sis, Yes, exercise makes me sleep well also. Great job on Sat. HiiT Circuit UB. Sun. LI HIIT 2 w/ bonus abs1. Glad you took a rest day on Mon. And for today HiiT Circuit LB. I'm still scared about these DVD's but will find out what all the fuss is right after Christmas. LOL! Enjoy your company on Sun.

Cindy, Oh shoot, Brodie is sick! Not good anytime, but it's even harder during the Christmas season. Great job for Fri. Plyo 2, for Sat. Back, bis and shoulders, yesterdays LIHI Legs and for today's LIHiit 2. Enjoy with your Mom tomorrow Pilates equipment class. I'm sorry about being disappointed with your IL. Hugs. Put things in the freezer and enjoy your Christmas moments with your family. That's most important anyway. Try not to be disappointed, you have each other. And Me, through cyberspace. LOL!

Take care everyone, xoxo

Janie

Today according to the rotation was Plyo HIIT 2 w/Bonus Abs 1. This is not easy to do especially coming off of doing the HIIT Circuit Legs. What was Cathe thinking? I'm definitely getting leaner but I'm feeling whipped. This old body needs more low impact. Tomorrow its a rest day thank goodness b/c of Xmas. Friday its HIIT Circuit UB again!!! At least the upper body one is more doable.

Janie Sis: Are you planning on seeing any of your children? Are they coming to visit you? Don't feel bad about not sending out any cards. We all know how busy you've been. Have a joyous & healthy Xmas to you & DH.

Merry Xmas Everyone!
Kathy

Today is a nice and relaxing day. All the presents are wrapped, just got out of the hot tub with hubby and now I'll be playing my guitar. How sweet is that? Tomorrow will be leaving to visit with the kids. Haven't seen them for awhile and looking forward spending Christmas with everyone.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas with lots of love in my heart for you. Hoping you get the things you need and want, but most of all wishing you the best of health. Love you so very much.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Plyo HIIT 2 with abs 1. Enjoy tomorrow as your rest day and a Happy Christmas. Those workouts of Cathe's seem scary to me! LOL! I'll know the day after Christmas, will start on them then.

Take care and have fun!

Janie

Yesterday was a rest day. I was going to do yoga relax but we went to Winchester to look at golden retriever puppies. Nice puppies but the breeder rushed us through the visit which left me feeling less than satisfied. The breeder didn't give us much time to look at the puppies or the sire and the dam. I wasn't happy about that. AND--my DH didn't help things by expressing how hard I work and how he is concerned that I won't really have time to devote to showing a dog. UGH! He has not been as excited about the idea of me showing our next dog as I am but we will work through this. In the meantime, I pointed out to him afterwards that if I was the breeder, I wouldn't sell us a puppy because of how much he emphasized how much I work. I didn't get to say much at all through the whole visit. I think the breeder just wanted to get us out of the house after DH was done talking. I'm not too upset about the whole thing because I still want a Golden Dome puppy from the breeder that I have been communicating with since last spring. And DH and I obviously have some talking to do about my hopes with regard to our next pup. We've been married a long time; he'll come around, it will just take time.

Cindy: I hope Brodie is feeling better this Christmas Eve. I know that you are disappointed for your children that their paternal grandparents most likely will not visit over Christmas. You can always freeze the leftovers and send your parents home with a care package. Focus on enjoying Christmas and seeing the day through the eyes of your children. They are still too young to realize that their paternal grandparents are not as involved in their lives (I hope).

Kathy and Janie: DH is rushing me through my post. I need to get a bite to eat and then get ready to go to Mass. So--I'm going to try to get back later. Merry Christmas Eve to everyone. May you experience only joy and love this Christmas Eve.

Michelle

Just getting last things ready and done before we take out 2 hr. drive to one of Joe's kids for Christmas. It will be lots of fun, it always is.

Michelle, Glad you took a rest day yesterday. Husbands seem to need to take awhile/digest new ideas. Bless their hearts. Mine is like yours in that way too. So I know. Sigh... Have a wonderful Christmas sweetheart.

Take care and enjoy the season,

Janie

Merry Christmas Cathlete friends! Hope you are having a wonderful day with family and friends. Took time to do RHW lower body circuits. Definitely a HIITMAS workout.

Michelle

Had a wonderful Christmas and got an extended 20 session and bonus guitar course from my son-in-law. He just wanted to do it. How cool is that! So excited.

Michelle, You are a Die Hard and I'm very proud of you for doing RHW lower Body Circuit on Christmas day.

Stay healthy and you are such and inspiration.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Today was Lift It Hiit It: legs premix scrambled. 39 min? My legs are sooooo sore now, makes me wonder if I'm going to fail the toilet test. LOL! Hope so...

Janie

Sister and I did Party Rocking Step 1 this morning--fun, fun, fun. Now, we are watching the Va Tech-Cincinnati Military Bowl game. Enjoying visiting my parents and sister. My dad has a new yellow lab puppy. His name is Ranger. Pooped out the puppy--he is napping right now. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Michelle

Did Low Impact HIIT One + Bonus Abs two. Wow!

Michelle, Great job on Party Rocking Step 1 with sister. Enjoy the Military Bowl game and visiting with family. Sounds like fun. New fur babies are so much fun. I'm sure your dad will have a great friend.

Are you seeing my posts?

Take care,

Janie

Christmas was fantastic overall, we've had a great time and were able to enjoy family and eachother. My IL's came down for a couple hours on Christmas Eve so we had a nice visit, that night it snowed 6 inches and I understand they are more nervous about roads with age so it's best that they left. I was very excited to have the snow. Pilates was great and I spent yesterday putting Christmas decorations away and today I did RWH Circuit Upper Body then drug the kids to the sledding hill (that's a workout).

My house has been hit with sickness still. Lily puked early morning Christmas Eve then seemed fine but my mom and I both came down with a stomach bug and we were struggling, she more so than me. Christmas day everyone was doing well but then this morning Brodie puked. Fingers crossed this is the last of it. We also had the sewer pump in our basement quit working so that's going to cost us about $800-900 when it's all said and done BUT the bright side is everything upstairs can still be used and that's where the washer, dishwasher and main bathroom are.

I'm going to hiit the workouts again tomorrow and we may sneak away to soak in some hotsprings if everyone is healthy, then it's back to the grind for a few days.

Janie - Great job hitting those workouts and I'm so glad you got to relax with your honey and spend some time wonderful time with family. So, did you fail the toilet test?

Michelle - Puppies everywhere! I'd be upset with my DH also but at least you told him and he will come around. Change is not easy for anyone and I'm sure the unknown with time, expense, etc is maybe what is making him resistant. Great job getting your workouts in.

Kathy - I've noticed I'm getting leaner also and it's so fantastic! Worth the beat down she's giving us :)

Cindy

Cindy, So glad Christmas was fantastic overall and you had family and friends to enjoy it with. Great job on Pilates and the traditional putting away the Christmas things. It's a big job. Also great for doing RWH Circuit Upper Body and dragging the kids to the sledding hill. That is a lot of work! LOL! So sad you and your mom got the bug, especially your mom since she got it worse. Poor thing. Oh no, it does spread, poor Brodie.

I failed the toilet seat test miserably! Then to do Low Impact HiiT one and bonus abs two the next day. Wow! Hoping all the DOM's will subside in a week or so. Usually it does. Whew! LOL

You take care of yourself and hope you can go to the spa and simply relax. You deserve it.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.