Getting Our Licks In!

It was so beautiful outside today. Decided to work in garden. Weeded the strawberry patches, looked at the raspberry patches, and after pruning them a few weeks ago, I see no growth.:confused: Picked up limbs and branches and debris from what I left behind from pruning. The seeds haven't come up yet, but that only takes patience. It's only been a few days, and really won't see any seedling for at least a week or so. Sigh:rolleyes: LOL:D The two neighbor dogs came to visit. It was nice, wished I had time for walking.

Michelle, Great job on your long walk with Ripken and SP&J. I love that workout!

Have a good evening everyone,

Janie

Spring Break is nearly over. Its been nice, with good weather (mostly), so I'm not complaining.

On Monday I saw my Orthopedist. Surgery is now scheduled for Friday, May 13th!!! Yes, thats' Friday the 13th, but its also my Dad's birthday and the day after my big Orff concert. That was a concern of mine...the concert. So it will be history and nothing to worry about because of the surgery. Three weeks and counting, and so much to do at school. I will be plenty busy for the next few weeks, so I won't have a lot of time to worry about things I cannot control...(surgery!)

While on break, I have started to do Cathe's Basic Step dvd. Not much pivoting going on in that workout, its short, and I wear my brace. Feels good. My range of motion is back to normal and my leg is nearly straight (Hyper-extension) which my doctor says is very important going into surgery. OK, whatever. I do all my physical therapy exercises, ride my recumbant bike when I'm not doing Basic Step/stability ball abs. Continue to do Pyramid Upper Body a couple a times a week.

I do read the posts almost daily, but I really don't have much going on that is that interesting. I am feeling pretty good these days and am definately out of my funk.

Everybody, keep on keepin on. Thanks for letting me lurk and adding my 2 cents only occasionally. I love you.

~Renee

Sorry ladies, never got back here yesterday to finish my post. Hopefully, I can get it all in this afternoon. Today is my telecommuting day which means I can sleep a little later and then Ripken and I take a really long walk. Did both of those things this morning. Got back to the house just as a rain shower was starting. Good timing.

Worked this morning, then took a break to do RS. It's done. Loads of fun--sweated out 3 pounds of water--now that's what I call a workout. Have showered, eaten lunch, and will go back to work once I finish posting here.

MicheleZ: Can't believe you though Cardio Fusion was going to be easy. THAT's one of Cathe's harder workouts. Sometimes it's better not to know that before you tackle a new dvd. Way to go!

Janie: sounds like you continue to crack away at your yard work. We are supposed to have a nice weekend and I'm definitely getting out in the yard. Boat didn't go in the water this week so we will be spending Easter at home. That's okay by me. Got plenty to do here.

Sister: well, 3 weeks to your knee surgery and counting. The next few weeks are going to fly by. I'll be glad when you have this done, so you can start healing and recuperating for real.

Okay--not much else exciting going on. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Hope we get to hear from some of our missing-in-action gals over the weekend.
~michelle

What an icky, gloomy day.

Today I did almost all of Body Fusion, from the Basic Step dvd. Cardio 3 had a bit too much "fancy stuff" going on, so I quickly hopped on my recumbant bike and rode that for the remainder of the dvd...oh, about 15 minutes. I did stability ball abs, my physical therapy leg exercises and called it a day.

I got my confirmation from the CatheNation people about cancelling my registration for the road trip this summer. Major bummer, but it is what it is. So, sister, you are on your own this year. I know, it totally blows backwards but I'll be back next year stronger then ever. Hopefully I'll be able to afford the trip. With the price of everything skyrocketing, nobody in the teaching profession is going to be able to do anything but go to work...go home...go to work...go home. And hope that the grocery store and GAS station is somewhere in between that commute.

I have really enjoyed being home with the cats this week. No matter what I'm doing I always have a furry friend hanging out with me. Sometimes one, sometimes more. I love it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend!!

~Renee

Well I didn't feel to hot today, just bone tired and my tummy wasn't happy with me for 1/2 the day...my MIL felt the same way yesterday for 1/2 a day...I am already feeling better, but I didn't do any exercise.

I did however run yesterday, the same run I did the 1st day, it felt tougher but did it in almost the exact same amount of time. My FIL was kind enough to drive it so we could get the milage and it was 5.11 miles, so more than I had previously guestamated!

Dinner is ready so I will come back for personals!

Muscles in a green curry sauce! Yummy!

Today's agenda was High Reps. Oh boy! Whew! Lots of modification. Oh Oh, I'm sneezing, hope it's just dust.

Renee, You are such a trooper. Soon this event of hurting your knee will be over with. In the mean time, do as the doc says, as you are. Hang in there kiddo. Glad you are going to be so busy that you won't be able to reflect what is coming up. It's really great that you are improving your knee and it's range of motion for surgery. Keep up the good work and I'm glad you are feeling better about yourself. We love you too.:D

Michelle, Great job on the long walk with Ripken and glad you didn't get rained upon. Also great job on RS. You know I love that step workout.:) There is plenty of time to get that wonderful boat in the water.

Renee, Great job on BF, nothing wrong in splicing it up and doing something else in the middle of it or towards the end. Also good job on abs and leg therapy. I'm so sorry you can't make it to the road trip this year. Other years are coming your way and you are right, you will come back better than ever. Great attitude! I hear ya on the price of gas. Joey and I may have to cancel our Fall trip this year. We wanted to go Eat to Michigan for a family reunion and a 55 year class reunion for Joey. Maybe we can go to the houseboat in Utah this Fall instead. Maybe not, we'll see. I love having fury balls of joy on my lap too. :D

Laura, Yummy yum, muscles in a green curry sauce. That is healthy! What happen you your MIL and your tummy's? Something you both ate? Wow! Almost a 6 mile run. You are doing so well! Good for you.

Janie

Personals

Janey: you do keep busy with all your hobbies and the garden how do you fit it all in?

Michelle: I am glad you weren't affected by the storms. Doesn't it seem so crazy with all the weather lately? It is scary to me sometimes...did you like the April rotation? Are you doing a rotation now? I have one more Meso Cycle left of my 2nd round of STS, I am getting results but not like when I did the 6 1/2 month. I think next time I will do an undulating rotation to mix it up a little.

MichelleZ: puppies are a lot of work and keep us on our toes. I miss my Misty so much! I hope she is ok at the breeders, Bo dropped her off today as he joins us in Atlanta tonight. She will be there 5 days, I hope she doesn't think we are returning her!

Renee: Yipee! You got a plan of action and are moving ahead! I can't believe you are doing step with a blown knee! Be careful! You know I really like the Upper Body Premix on 4DS if you haven't done it is a great upper body workout...

I did P90X Kenpo X, it's fun and not to tough...my right knee's been a little grumpy with me...I am afraid their just not the same after my accident..so PERFECT TIMING on Cathe's new video series! I am eager to hear more...it seems pretty quiet on that front considering the presale is May 1st.:eek:

Anyone other than me and MichelleZ going to purchase it?

My sneezing was dust today. I'm still feeling fine and still using the neti pot. So far so good. Joey is still miserable. I'd give him another week before it's over. Poor guy. Rolly and I walked in the wood for 25 min. The weather is absolutely out of this world. It's a quarter to 4 and 68 degrees. I'm predicting this will be a 70 degree day. :eek: Using fusing web to fuse materiel together and making beads out them. Very unusual and unique.

Laura, To tell you the truth, I'm more busy retired than I have ever been working. It's wonderful to be able to do what you want and not have somebody tell you what to do, or breathing down your neck.

Great job on P90X Kenno X. I'm looking forward to Cathe's new workouts too. I'm nearly always modifying, but from what I gather I will most likely modify with the new workouts as well.:D That's OK, room to grow. I'm ready for the presale, can't wait!

Janie

Took a break from exercise today. My glute is feeling better but I feel like my left knee might be "overworking" to compensate for the glute, so I'm backing off a little. Sister's problem with her knee has got me being extra careful these days. Ripken and I have taken 3 nice walks today. Beautiful spring day, but the fuzz/pollen is flying everywhere. It was still kind of wet outside today from all the rain we got yesterday, so tomorrow will be an "outside" day.

Laura and Janie: you guys crack me up: muscles and green curry sauce. I think you guys are too focused on your muscles versus the mussels that you eat. And absolutely--I'm going to be purchasing Cathe's new set of workouts. I really need to start seriously looking for a bookcase for all my Cathe dvds because my current storage approach is about out of room. I guess I need to measure my wall space.

Still working on Cathe's April rotation. I'm a day behind, but tomorrow will be Cardio and Weights. Have to look at what the next week has in store for me.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Happy Easter!
Michelle

OMG! I can't believe that I got confused over mussel and muscle. LOL:eek:

Michelle, Nice to see you listening to your body. 3 nice walks with Ripken sounds wonderful. Good luck in finding a bookcase. It can only be a good thing.:)

Janie

Happy Easter everyone. We are having a glorious, warm, sunshine filled, spring day. Ripken and I had a lovely walk this morning and then after breakfast and working on my Sunday Suduko puzzle, I did Cardio and Weights. Boy, I sure to love that workout. It's one of Ripken's favorites too. We both love the buttercup song. AND, I lucked out--didn't have to mow the grass. Our new grasscutting person came by this afternoon and it looks so much better now. I'll put some weed and feed on it later. Sweet!

It's a quiet day and I plan to enjoy with both of my boys. I think I might take the pup for a little walk around our Circle.

~michelle

This may be an "active recovery" like week for me. My left glute/hammie is still bothering me and I really want it to get better, so this morning I did stretches 1 and 2 from Cathe's total body stretching dvd. My left left definitely does not have its normal range of flexibility:(, so I probably really should cool my heels for a few days. Rats. On the bright side, Ripken does love a good Cathe stretch. My DH just shakes his head and says that we (Ripken and I) are quite the pair. Pair of what, I'm not sure. Oh well, looking like a good week to practice my yoga. How's everyone doing?
~michelle

Day 2: hamstring recovery--total body stretching only plus a nice long walk with Ripken. Okay--this is good for me--need to be patient and let my hammie heal. Could be worse--just think of sister with her torn ACL.

Summertime weather has arrived. Supposed to last for another day and then we go back to spring. The boat is back in her slip. Hopefully, we have a nice spring weekend for our first weekend on the boat.

~michelle

Yesterday did TBS with my Joey.:rolleyes: He felt well enough to participate in the exercise . I'm so glad. Today I plan on planting seeds from lettuce, Kohlrabi and arugula. In between the rains, possible snow?.:rolleyes: That can't be right!

Besides designing new jewelry and baking 100% Whole Wheat bread, I've also been using my Kindle and reading "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". I got into a part where I simply couldn't stop reading. Was oblivious about the time and realized it was way passed my bed time.

It's a mystery novel and couldn't get into it during the first half of the book, but since I paid for it I might as well continue on. It is now very interesting and dark in places (sadistic, rape, murder...) and mysterious, romantic, cheering on the good guys, all at the same time. I've never read a mystery book before and this one has two other books to complete the series.

I get so wrapped up into things, this time a lot of things at once. I need to slow down! There really is not enough time in our 24 hours to do everything that I want done. But I LOVE TRYING!:eek:

Michelle
, Sounds like you had a fabulous Easter. We did too.:D Great job on the C&W. As you know, one of my favorites, wished Joey would like that one, but too choreographed for him.:( He's missing out. Stretches are always good to do, maybe it's also time to get the foam roller out. Really, it does magic.

This came in my in basket, thought you all might enjoy it.

http://www.wimp.com/catdolphins/

Janie

Hmmmm. Very quite here today and yesterday.

Did TBS with Joey today as well as one ab hits and one of cathe stretches.

Went to the hot tub today to read my Kindle and here came the dogs. The big dark gray one and baby.

When the big dark gray one left, baby stayed behind. It started to rain and she was crying. She was torn to go home or to stay with me. She decided to stay with me and went under the porch so she wouldn't get so wet. I called her out and told her she could go home. And when she started to go home I waved good bye to her. She immediately came back for more attention. This went on one more time when I realized I better not wave my hand good bye. But, to late, she decided to stay no matter what and the rain was just pouring down. I decided to get out of the tub and put my towel on and went down the driveway to show her how to go home, but when we were at the end of the driveway, I had to turn back to go home and I was hoping she would get the idea. Pouring rain still and she decided to come back home with me. Sigh...:rolleyes: Thought about this a little bit and went inside in hopes she would go home eventually. She stayed under our porch for a considerable amount of time. I decided to sneak back into the hot tub while she was in the front. (the hot tub is on the side of the house). If I was really quite maybe she wouldn't know I was there trying to read my Kindle. Well, I had to clear my throat and of course she came to investigate and found me with happy wiggles getting to me. Sigh... Finally the male dog barked to her to come home and she did leave, with hesitation.

Wished I could just pack her up and take her inside, but there are kitties and of course Rolly there. I love that dog so much and she knows it. I think she wants to be part of our family. All I can do though is just love her from afar. She's an old dog and why she is bonding so close to me, I don't know. All I do is pet her and talk with her, that's it. Poor thing.:( Joey of course, wouldn't allow it anyway. Darn. Can't wait for better weather to take her out walking with Rolly and me.

Have a good one everyone,

Janie

Hello!!! (echoing: hello, hello, hello, hello)

Did RS step today. On my way to Costco.

Hope to see you all later.

Janie

Still alive - did first half of IMAX3 on Tues. and second half on Wed.

Janie - that must be hard on you.....I suspect she doesn't get much attention at home or much love and she knows you have a kind heart. Dogs pick up on that stuff extremely well (unlike a lot of people I know ;)).

Hi everyone. Yesterday was a crazy workday. Didn't get to stretch or do a light cardio--up at 4am, left the house at 5, at the office by 6 am--worked until 6 pm. It was okay. My hamstring is feeling better so I did a very light cardio today: Basic Step and then stability ball abs. By the time I was done with BS, my hammie felt pretty good. I'm going to continue to keep the cardio light for a few more days and then go from there.

Janie: I think we all love RS--at least it is one of my favorites. And, I agree with MicheleZ. Your neighbor's dog is coming to you for the attention she does not get at home. Dogs just want to give love and be loved. You are clearly becoming her surrogate person.

MicheleZ: how did you like IMAX3? Pretty intense, isn't it.

Hope we hear from Laura soon. Atlanta had some pretty nasty weather last night. It will be good to hear from her and know that she and her family are okay.

Hello to everyone else who is MIA: sister, Shoegal, Shadowpup, and ElleP.

~michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.