Getting Our Licks In!

Been keeping myself very busy without my Joey here. Making Christmas jewelry, shopping for healthy foods, and playing games on my computer. Today I did MM. I love that one.

Michelle, Great job on Hiit 30/30 and your walkabout with Ripken. How's the old guy doing? Thank you for your support nipping my weight gain in the bud. I love that saying, "Slow and Steady wins the race. Reminds me of the rabbit and turtle race.

Laura, Yes, we need to keep this thread going, we deserve it. Great job on the subbed cardio, Total one and pilates classes. Be careful when you are tired like that driving. I know a person who slept while driving. Very scary thing. You must have been really tired to sleep almost 3 hrs. Would love to see a picture of Misty. Great job on RS.

See you all tomorrow,

Janie

Hello everyone!

Spring Break is just one day away!!! Yee-haw!

Rehab/physical therapy is going pretty good. In five days, I have managed to restore most of my range of motion, in bending the knee. I went from 104 degrees to the normal 135 degress. Still can't get a full hyper-extension, but I don't think that will happen until after surgery and more PT. Monday the 18th, I go see my orthopedic doc, to see if he thinks I'm ready for the surgery. I believe I am, but hey, I'm not the doctor. lol

I have been riding my recumbant bike, doing the exercises my therapist wants me to do. And doing some abs and weight lifting interspersed here and there. I'm definately more positive these days, and feeling back to my old self. Its been 34 days since my injury and only 34 more school days! Yes, I am counting both ;)

Janie, don't worry about the weight gain. It will come off. I have to lose a few pounds. I have put some on since Christmas, and with the injury I am happy just to keep status quo for now. It takes time, and I'm a pro at gaining and losing weight. :( Oh well.

Take care everybody.

~Renee

As creative as I can be, the Christmas jewelry is so unique. I seem to want most of them for myself.:confused: Ideas keep coming and then of course I have to make them ASAP. The more I do these the more eccentric I become. LOL:eek:.

Today was rain, rain, rain. How can one garden with weather like this? The treadmill was an alternative for walking outside. Was on it for 30 min.

Renee, So glad to hear that rehab and the exercises your therapist wants you to do, is doing really well for you. Hoping you are ready for surgey just so you can get it over with and recover from this episode in your life. 34 more school days before the Summer vacation? Wow! Where has the time gone? Yeah, us yo yo's have to stick together with our weight fluctuations. LOL:rolleyes:

Have a good one everyone,

Janie

Did STS Total Body. Whew!:confused:

Here is a picture of a few pieces of the jewelry I've made for Christmas presents this year.
396271180.jpg

These are made out of paper, but I'm also working on ones without paper. I'll show you those later.

Have a super Friday everyone,

Janie

Hi everyone. Good to be home. Just got back from 3 days of business travel. Sure do hate being away from my boys. I am just so happy to be home. Ripken has been glued to my side since I walked through the door this afternoon. Guess he wants to be sure I don't go anywhere for a few days. Was only able to get in one day of exercise (kickmax) out of the 3. Going to try to catch up a little on the rotation for this week over the weekend. Then can start the 3rd week on Monday.

Laura: Yes, we definitely need to keep the thread going. Didn't mean to take such a long break from the group but the past few work days have been grueling. Sounds like your body needed some rest. Nothing wrong with catching up on a few zzzzzs.

Sister: I kept meaning to call you in the evening this week but I was just too pooped out each night. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will have your surgery scheduled soon.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
~michelle

I had another crappy night of sleep with a howling kitty who must be in heat... she started at 3am and at 5 I threw her outside despite the 2 + plus feet of snow we had Thursday. I know, Renee you would probably kick my @ss for doing that to the poor thing:eek::eek::eek::eek: but you lose enough sleep and you kind of go crazy, but then Bo let Misty out and she began barking....:mad::mad::mad:and I had to get up by 7.... so not such a great night...

I didn't get a chance to get any exercise in I had my hair cut and colored, and brows waxed & tinted, and for fun eye lash extensions, than picked up the girls at 12 and took them to lunch ran a few last errands and took them to get their hair cuts and bought them so new cute shoes that they are so excited about, so now we are all ready to hit HOTLANTA tomorrow.

I won't get any exercise in tomorrow either but hope to get a nice active rest week with some light jogging, pilates, & yoga and some core & stretches...

I am looking forward to the new Low Impact Series, my knees have not been the same since my little spill and stitches last summer and I have noticed them being achy on steps (both Up & down) after high impact workouts and although I am turning *gasp* 40 in a few months I am so not ready to feel that way...

P.S yesterdays workout I finally got around to doing the last STS Meso Cycle 2 Leg workout and man it sucked!! I mean I was just trying to get through it, granted I was making sure to go as deep as I could in all the lunges, squats, ect and to really push myself but those low plane lunges in the last tri-set are NO FUN AT ALL! But they get you where we all need getting! So it was worth it. I haven't thought the other leg workouts were to bad in Meso 2 and overall I like the tri-sets, but that last one is a GOTCHYA!! pure Cathe style...I also did the Step only from Cross-Train Xress which is short and tough! I actually think it is one of her tougher step routine like Athletic Step or Insanity but just shorter...anyone else think that one is tough? So maybe the legs were already fried by that by the time I got to STS>>.

Nice weather today. 50+ degrees and sunny with a few clouds. Working in the greenhouses, cleaning last years growth out, putting up shelves to hold seedlings, took out plant heating pads for when the seeds get here by mail. Any time now. Took out last years growth from the asparagus garden. I see little tips already! The yard is full of debris and just waiting for me to pick it up and dispose of it. That will be another day. Need to go shopping to get potting soil, and look for a place that sells dirt. Our place we used to go closed up, darn. Then I'm done for the day. Whew! Sure hope I'm not too late on the peas though. They should have been in the ground weeks ago, but what is a garden without peas? I'll try anyway. Am growing lemon verbena, planing, 2 kings of peas, cukes, 4or 5 kinds of lettuce, scallions, mini bell peppers, two kinds of very early tomatoes, a whole garden of basil so I can make pesto this year, cilantro, two kinds of carrots and marigolds to help with bugs and mammoth size sunflowers to feed us and the birds. Never grew sunflowers before, hope it goes well.

Update: The seeds came today! I planted the peas, Yeah!

Michelle, Good to have you back on the forum. We missed you. :) Good job on the one day of Kickmax, good for you.

Laura, So sorry about your lack of sleep. I'm also so excited for everyone getting ready for Hotlanta. Let us know all the details. Great job on STS Meso 2 legs. I find them to be really hard! Yeah, they are worth it. Also good job on Step only from Xtrain Xprss. I think that one is very very tough.

Have a nice Saturday.

Janie

Last edited:
Well, it's raining big time here in Virginia. Started this morning at 7:30 just as Ripken and I began our walk. Wasn't too bad, but we did a much shorter walk. Did Leaner Legs after breakfast and a little house cleaning this morning. Then after clean up and a light lunch, I headed to town. Bought 2 king sheet sets at Macys--got a really great deal on one and the other was on sale as well. Got a free pair of panties at Victoria Secret and bought a few more pairs because I had a $10 off coupon. Yeah, they've got the marketing down at VS. Then I headed to a new store for me--Cache--did some serious damage their getting some new items for work. Then I scored big time at Saxon Shoes--one pair of flats on sale for $12 and other pair for $35. At that point, I called it a day. Enough.

Got back home and Ripken and I walked in the on and off pouring rain. I had put on full rain gear and my muck-lucks so it didn't really matter. Rippy got soaked but I toweled him dry which he loves. Now his fur is super-rain soft. And I am seeing sunshine out my window--gosh, is the rain over? We can hope.

Laura: sorry to hear about your interupted night of sleep. Hopefully, you will catch up while in Atlanta. Should be super weather down there this time of year. Meso 2 seems the hardest to me--not sure why. Good job gettting meso 2 done before spring break--now you'll just have to hammer out meso 3 when you get back. Fun, fun.

Janie: sounds like spring is finally coming to your backyard. YEAH!

Have a lovely Saturday evening everyone!
~michelle

HAPPY SUNDAY IN THE BEAUTIFUL SOUTHEAST!

I am in Atlanta now with the girls, we BARELY made the flight but everything else was smooth sailing.

I went for my 1st jog of the season and I have to say how happy I am with how well I did!:eek: I am not a natural runner and some of you may remember me picking it up a two years ago now..I am still really a 'jogger' but have made peace with that. Anyway I have been talking to my runner friends lately and talking about running but not doing it...so I decided 'hey why not today?"

I felt really, really good! I kept my pace slow and I felt like I could run for ever. I am pretty sure the extra O2 helped with that though:eek::rolleyes: I was never really out of breath or felt like a real heavy exertion level so it was a good steady state cardio (well except for one long @ss hill and a good hard sprint at the end) I ran about 4 miles before stopping, more from taking in consideration of my joints, ligaments, knees, feet and ankles which might not like me to much tomorrow!

Janey: sounds like gardening is a real hobby for you! Great way to burn calories to! I read a little on the breast augmentation thread that you posted on before it got so heated before two people...so sad when that happens to a good thread...

Michelle: it was a little windy and cool yesterday but I guess there was some tornados and big winds that we just missed, glad that it didn't effect our flight! Today began fairly cool but warmed up and it is supposed to be even nicer the next few days. It is really beautiful and in the peak of spring here...I still haven't tired leaner legs, even though I pretty much got Cross Train Xpress because of that workout, it just hasn't fit into my schedule yet. I recall that it was one of Shadowpups' favorite leg workouts so I am a little intimidated by it ... You know Lower Body Blast isn't one of my fav's...that just popped in my head....glad to hear I am not the only shopper in the crowd! every time the seasons change I feel like I need to get a few new key items to freshen up the old wardrobe!

Well hoping to hear from ellep, michellez, shadowpup,renee and our lost showardrobeegal

Beautiful day here today. Ripken and I had some nice short walks and I even pulled some weeds in my garden late this afternoon. The ground is still really wet, though. Today I did drill max. Boy that is one long, hard workout. My glutes are talking to me this evening. Might have to take an Aleve before going to sleep tonight.

Spent some time cleaning out my closets today. Had to make room for the new stuff that I bought yesterday. I ended up emptying quite a few hangars. More than I needed to empty, but that's okay.

Laura: glad you made it safely to Atlanta. You should have a beautiful week. Sounds like you enjoyed your run today. I live vicariously through your running. Leaner legs is a tough workout, but it's not that bad. Highly recommend you give it a go some time soon.

Hope everyone has a great week. Hi to sister, Shadowpup, Shoegal, Janie, MicheleZ, and ElleP. Looking forward to hearing from everyone soon.
~michelle

It was a beautiful morning and afternoon, full of sun and few clouds. Planted the elephant garlic that I took out of the garden last year, because we went to Vegas and wanted to shut down the garden. Thought I was sacrificing the garlic, so pulled them out and left them on the ground. It survived through the winter without protection. Took the cloves and planted them. They seem happy back in the ground. Instead of six that I started with, I now have 20. What remarkable plants! I planted basil, tomatoes and peppers today. There is a plant heat pad under them and they are in the greenhouse. Everything else will be planted directly in the ground. I'm using a chart for my area when to plant the rest of the veges at various times. All will be in the ground towards the end of next month.

Michelle, Great job on your walks with Ripken and trying to avoid the rain and Leaner Legs. I'll be doing clean max tomorrow myself and the next day. Getting the house back in order for my Joey's return from HI. Sounds like you accomplished a lot of ground with your shopping. Good for you!

Laura, Your running experience is so incredibly inspiring! :eek: Breast Augmentation: well, was trying to alert the poster my concerns and experience. Sometimes other posters just go another direction. Hopefully she will take it all in, do her homework and use what she learned to make a knowledgeable decision.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Still around guys! Just really really REALLY busy with the new pup. Have not done much structured exercise for the last 2 weeks but running after a new puppy has kept me on my toes. Back to official exercise this week - starting tomorrow.

I am so happy to hear about the new low impact series!!!! I am going to order that when it goes on pre-sale.

Not much to say about my mother. She has shut just about everyone out and won't answer the phone. No one can seem to get through to her so I have decided to not put any more energy into it - I just can't.

Did ME today. An oldie but a goodie.

Went to Walmart and bought 3 bird houses for wrens and 2 larger bird houses. Had another two of the larger houses in the pump house and put them up as well. Was cleaning out some of the bird houses from last year and to my surprise I had a bird in my hand. Poor thing.:eek::(:confused: I think she is OK, she wanted to nest but there were no eggs yet. I put her nicely back, but will see if she stays or not.

Started cleaning up the garden, but didn't get very far today.

MicheleZ, Always good to hear from you! I was hoping we didn't loose you. New pups do take a lot of your time. My Rolly still does.:D Glad to see you getting back on track. Me to.:rolleyes: I will also order the new workouts coming out. Can't wait! I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your mom. Wonder why she is shutting everyone out? Hope you can reach her somehow someday.:(

Take care,

Janie

Hi everyone. Busy week but I missed checking in yesterday and don't want to miss today. So, yesterday I woke up with a pulled/strained left glute muscle--I was able to walk but had quite the hitch in my giddyup. High step advanced training was on the rotation for yesterday and there was no way I was doing all those leg presses. In fact, there was no way I was doing much of anything other than walking and getting through the work day. So no exercise yesterday. This morning, my glute felt much better and the hitch is out of my walk, so I gave HIIT 40/20 a go--but when low impact/slower when I needed to. It was about a half-HIIT effort but I was happy with what I did, worked up a good sweat, and didn't aggravate my glute. So, that's progress.

MicheleZ: playing with/keeping up with the new pup sounds like fun. I'm sure you are getting more exercise than you realize. I am sorry to hear that things are at a standstill with your mom. Do you know that she is okay and just in shutdown mode or could there possibly be something else going on? I'm sending you positive energy hoping things get on a more workable track.

Janie: sounds like you are making progress in your outdoor activities. I know what it's like to what to get it all done in one day--never works that way, though. Love ME. I think I did that one last month on Cathe's March rotation.

I know sister has some news on her knee. Hopefully she will check in today to share with everyone. Hi to everyone in our group. Hope we hear from Elle, Shoegal, Shadowpup, and Laura soon.
~michelle

Checking in - wanted to take it easier today so guess what I pulled out of my recently ordered DVDs? Cardio Fusion.....errrr yea, that will teach me to review the workouts ahead of time (lol). I did the Mixed Cardio premix which had a lot of high intensity drills. SO not taking it easy :p. I did modify a lot to reduce the strain on my joints - not to mention my heart :eek:. I bought some Vibram Fivefingers a week ago and wore those to workout - I liked it MUCH better than wearing regular shoes. I could really feel what I was doing and was able to lunge lower and my squats were more balanced. I was really impressed. Also, wearing those has taught me to be aware of how I land - as in don't slam my heel down when I walk and/or workout. I land a lot softer and/or land on the front part of my foot. We will see if they continue to work for me. I had a lot less muscle/tendon twinges when I wore them today because I was extremely aware of my balance, etc.

Michelle - yes, chasing after a puppy is lots of fun! Izzy's personality is so different than Grady's. I think they are going to compliment each other. She is a ball of fire and fiesty fiesty fiesty! Makes Grady look like a saint of a dog (which he is actually :p). Sorry to hear about the backside - been there, done that and it HURTS (lol).

Janie - I sure do enjoy having my day taken up by the dogs though. They really show a person how to enjoy the simple things in life - like chasing through the living room after Izzy when she grabs a towel she wasn't suppose to grab :p:p. I love watching Grady and Izzy play - warms my heart. I am so happy Grady is enjoying his little sister.

It does seem like a lot of us are having injuries....wonder if we are pushing ourselves too hard? I have a tendency to think I am wonder woman and exercise accordingly :rolleyes::confused:

Rolly and I walked in the wood about 30 min. Beautiful morning and afternoon. Didn't have time to do much of anything else. I did a lot of clean max today in the house. Joey will be home tomorrow. Yeah!:eek:

Michelle, So sorry about your glute muscle. I've never had one of those. Bet it did hurt! Maybe it's time to get the foam roller out. I'm proud of you for making an effort with Hiit 40/20. More than what I would have done. Good for you!

It does seem like a lot of us are having injuries....wonder if we are pushing ourselves too hard? I have a tendency to think I am wonder woman and exercise accordingly :rolleyes::confused:[/QUOTE]

MicheleZ, Sounds like you are in doggy heaven. Can't get better than that.:D Great job on the mixed cardio premix from Cardio Fusion. I've wanted to know about the 5 fingers. Since I'm as flat footed as one can be, to bad it wouldn't work for me. Sigh. They sound very comfortable. We all need to be careful and aware of our limitations of exercises. Do be careful.

Have a good one,

Janie

Monday I did P90X Yoga, and man that is one serious YOGA workout, I felt it pretty much everywhere on Tuesday, which I took off, today was Cardio Core Circuit which is also a great sweat! I wanted to run again but my In-Laws are busy today so couldn't get out for that. It is supposed to be my active rest week and I am really trying to not do to much, because I do believe breaks are important for our bodies. I am eating and drinking to much here and need to reign it in now before I do to much damage, but some people also think it works to cycle your calories to keep your metabolism up and running in high gear. I have heard it called re-feeding, but I doubt they mean it to last for a full 10 days!

Michelle: ME is a good one, haven't done it in so long, I am looking forward to Meso 3, which was my favorite last time, but I am also beginning to look forward to my old favorites as well, like 4DS and Gym Styles....and now a whole new series coming out! I also still want Insanity and there is a new P90X coming out....and I still want those Irraih (?) Kickboxing tapes! Man it is all so tempting isn't it??

Janie: sounds like you have been very busy with the garden, I still have a month or two before it will be time for yard work. My garden beds need some work this year as I neglected them last year...

MichelleZ: I am so sorry about your mother. Family can be difficult. Believe me I have had some moments here with the in-laws, and yesterday I was ready to go home already even though it has only been 2 out of 10 days! I have Cardio Fusion But I have never done it mostly because i haven't wanted to take the time to learn it and it looks real tough!

Did MM today, before Joey got home. When he arrived, he had a COLD! Love having him home, but when I get his cold, I get it BAD! Not looking forward to it at all.

Laura, Great job on P90X yoga. That one is hard, if I remember right! Good job on CCC as well. I sometimes cycle my calories too. High end on one day and about 3 days of low end. Works good, for temporary weight loss.

Have a good one everyone,

Janie

Wasn't able to get my workout in yesterday because I had to come in to work earlier than usual. However, Ripken and I did get our long walk in--which is, of course, the most important thing, because we all know that it's just all about the pups. This morning after a really nice walk, I did Step, Pump, and Jump. I don't do this workout very often (usually only when Cathe has it on a rotation) so I don't know it very well. The step portion is fun, but I kept the hi/lo section mostly lo. My glute is still "there" so I'm exercising but not full out.

MicheleZ: the best parts of my day are when I get to be goofy with my pup. He's not really a puppy anymore but he's a golden retriever which means he is part clown and loves to play--just shorter bursts.

Okay--got to cut off, my phone is ringing off the hook. BBL.
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.