Fitness Freak

RE: Fitness Freak thighs

I currently workout 3-4 times per week but I am going to change that to what I used to do which was 5-6. All Cathe workouts plus some HIIT.

You should eat between 1500-1650 calories to loss weight. Do not go below 1500 calories.

If you want to maintain your current weight, your calorie intake should be 2037.

Thanks so much. YOU ROCK!!

What do you think about the whole calorie rotation thing? For example eating 1300 one day and 1600 the next. You know what I mean? I have never done it but have heard about it. OR Do you think just sticking to the calorie range is the best way?

The best way to go is eating low for three days and then up it on the fourth day. Keep doing this for about 8 weeks and you should see a difference. Weight tends to come off quickly this way.

Hi Debbie,

This is a cool thread - so much good info!

I had some qts regarding legs works out and toning up legs and would appreciate your advice.

Following is my schedule (please let me know if you feel that I should modfy it any way - I would like to be toned overall but have huge thighs and waist - disproportionately huge belly!) I do upper body at least twice a week as it is one part of my body that shows me results and I feel good and keeps me going towards working out.

Day 1: Muscle max upper body (45 mins)

Day 2:

Option1:Legs and glutes(around 50 mins) or
Option2: then if I have less time then Muscle max lower body (25 mins including warm n cool up) + 10 mins of my own FIRM style high step leg workouts)

Day 3: Muscle max upper body (45 mins)

Day 4: Legs
option1:same as above day 2
option2: same as above day 2

day 5: rest day

day 6: KPC

day 7: Elliptical + abs workout

So do you think the above should give me good toning for my legs and thighs? and get rid of my tummy (what should I do with my tummy! it just doesnot go down!)

Also when I do my legs workout - example today morning I did muscle max lower body + my own 10 mins of Firm style and at the end my legs were super shaky but then now I dont feel the pain! Should I up my weights? But then I get more shaky n cannot complete the reps - please advise.

Thanks in advance,
Madhu.

Madhu:
Your rotation looks good but on you leg day I would only do an hour workout, not 95 minutes. That's way too much. If you hit your legs hard for the LEgs & Glutes workout only, you should be good to go. If you have Butts & Guts, alternate the two workouts. You are working your legs twice a week. An hour at a time is sufficient.

The rest looks good. For your abs, maybe concentrate on doing more plank work. I know when I incorporate more planks my abs get ripped. Diet is key to this, though. So you also have to make sure you are eating clean as much as you can.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Debbie - will do as you say - don't have Butts and Guts but we will def get it next!

Have a great week.

Madhu.

>Madhu:
>Your rotation looks good but on you leg day I would only do an
>hour workout, not 95 minutes. That's way too much. If you
>hit your legs hard for the LEgs & Glutes workout only, you
>should be good to go. If you have Butts & Guts, alternate the
>two workouts. You are working your legs twice a week. An
>hour at a time is sufficient.
>
>The rest looks good. For your abs, maybe concentrate on doing
>more plank work. I know when I incorporate more planks my abs
>get ripped. Diet is key to this, though. So you also have to
>make sure you are eating clean as much as you can.
>
>Hope this helps!

4DS vs. Gym Style

Hi, Debbie
Which workout do you prefer for weights: 4DS or Gym Style? I've done Gym Style about a month ago and changed it up to more endurance-type weight work, but I really miss the heavier weights. Should I return to GS(favorite) or start with 4DS?

Thanks!
Terri

light weights

Hi Debbie,

Hope you had and enjoyable time with your dad. Would I be ok doing very light weights for a week versus taking a week off heavy weights? I will be putting my order in for Slow and Heavy today, hopefully I will get it before next week, or should I just continue with my 6th week of Gym Style for one more week. Thanks Debbie!

Lourdes

Madhu,

You will love/hate B&G! I did it this morning and OMG, my hiney is still stinging!

Debbie - Really loving this Get Ready for Summer 08 rotation :)

Trish

Thanks Trish - that is the effect I am looking for:)

>Madhu,
>
>You will love/hate B&G! I did it this morning and OMG, my
>hiney is still stinging!
>
>Debbie - Really loving this Get Ready for Summer 08 rotation
>:)
>
>Trish

Terri - Honestly, I've never "done" 4DS. I love GS, it's my favorite series Cathe has done to date in my opinion. However, you can go heavy in 4DS, just increase your rest times. If you don't like how 4DS is, use Slow & Heavy or Gym Style again.

Lulu - Yes, you could do more endurance for a week to give your muscles a break. However, if you have been doing an 8 week rotation, I suggest you take a week off. Your muscles need to recover.

Trish - Glad you are liking the rotation! :)

Fitness

Hi Debbie.

I usually will have 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese for my 9am snack. ((I'm out) Would it be ok to have a protein shake instead? Do I leave the strawberries out or could I do the protein with the strawberries? Thank Debbie.

Lourdes

Fitness Freak (week off of weight training)

Hi Debbie,

When you take your week off of weight training, do you keep your deit the same or do you adjusted? Also when taking your week of weights do you find that your muscle definition goes or is there a change? Thanks!

Lourdes

Hi Debbie,

When you take your week off of weight training, do you keep your deit the same or do you adjusted? Also when taking your week of weights do you find that your muscle definition goes or is there a change? Thanks!

Lourdes

Lulu - I try to keep my diet the same but instead of protein drinks (which I have before and after my workouts) I have a normal breakfast like 2 whole eggs w/oatmeal or something like that. The rest of the day I try to keep it the same. I also try to eat about 100 calories less on my rest week. You will not lose any muscle definition with just one week off. And you will find that you will gain strength when you get back to it. The benefits of rest is priceless.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.