Fitness Freak

Check out Cardio Coach workouts at:

www.cardiocoach.com

Click at the top where it says "workouts" (I believe) If it's not "workouts" it's "downloads". If will give you a description of the workouts. These can be done on any cardio machine.

www.itrain.com

These have individual workouts for each cardio machine.

Both of these websites offer excellent workouts. I have a treadmill and do these workouts with that.

RE: Fitness Freak thighs

I need to thin out my thighs and butt. I saw your post to slimming hips. Would that work too for the thighs? It is all lower body.

What have you found that is great for the thighs and butt? Running? Would you have to run? I am concerned about my knees.

Thanks in advance.

Too - for just the average 37 year old just trying to lose a little weight and look good (not a body builder) what kind plan is good? There are so many out there. BFFM? Zone? WW?

I read the posts AFTER I posted. You covered some of my question. I am a shorty too at 5'1" but I am heavy at 127 lbs.

Too, my 16 year old son is working out with Cathe too. (MAN!! you should see him - he is lean and CUT if I do say so myself) He had a question about building muscle. In one of your post you said to not put fat in the protein shake after your w/o. He always uses natural peanit butter. Why no fat in the shake after workout?

Because fat gets absorbed into the body faster the protein. You want all protein to hit the muscles after a workout, not fat. He can have the PB about 2 hours after his workout.

To answer your question above about what program to use just to thin out and be healthy - I would suggest WW. I was on that program and did very well on it. It showed me how to eat correct proportions and choose the right foods to eat. I lost 20# on WW.

Debbie,

I feeel terible! I miss my workout today, I woke up with bad stomach ache. I'm feeling a little better, I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and do my chest and tris anyways. Kids are still sleeping so this would be a good time. Have a great day!

Lourdes

Hi Debbie,

For my mini in between snacks I like to sometimes have boiled egg whites, I just don't know how many I should have for it to be a substantial snack. Most of the time I will have them for my afternoon snack @ 2:30pm with maybe a fruit orange, strawberries, or nectarines. I'm going into my 4th week with Gym Style I really enjoy them although I found that I had to go down in weight because of her speed and bonus work. I'm not sure if I will continue with Gym Style for another 2 weeks or if to go ligh and more reps for a weeks just to get a break, then I will have to figure out what to do after that. I also need to find some more advance cardio Videos, because running in the garage on my treadmill is mighty tuff when its hot and humid in Arizona weather. Thanks Debbie.

Lourdes

I usually have 1 whole hard boiled egg and three hard boiled egg whites. Egg whites are the best protein source. Good choice on that snack.

If you want to go heavier with Gym Style, just pause the workout and rest longer. That's what I do.

My snacks usually range around 300 calories. I don't aim for any specific calories with one meal, just that the calories at the end of the day meet my range.

Hey Debbie,

I love, love, love how Cathe's arms look in the gym style back, shoulders and biceps, and not to mentions does veins! What do you think she did for arms to look like that!

Lourde

She works out hard. Doing Gym Style and eating right will give you an upper body like Cathe's if you have the same body type.

Hello,

I will be going into my 6th week of Gym Style, my entensions where only to do 4 weeks but I didnt know what to do next. Any suggestions on what to do next? I have been doing the following.

Monday: Chest & Tris
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednsday: Legs
Thursday: cardio
Friday: Back, shoulders, and biceps
Saturday: Cardio

And adding 2-3 ab workouts. I would like to continue to get Sundays off. Thanks Debbie! Enjoy your 4th!

Lourdes

You need to change this up a bit. Do you have the Slow & Heavy series? What about Pure Strength series? Let me know.

No I don't not yet. I will be getting them both within the next few weeks. Thank you.

Lourdes

Ok Debbie I'm starting to panic! Is it normal for the scale to go up when trying to gain muscle mass but stay lean? My scale wen't from 106 to almost 109. Scary!!! When do you know if its muscle your gaining and not fat? Maybe is just water retention. Also how the heck do you figure out how much protein, carbs, and calories should you be consuming. Thats one of the one things I'm having trouble doing I'm just eating not knowing how many calories, protein, or carbs are eating. Thanks Debbie!

Lourdes

Yes, that's normal. Muscle will make you gain weight. Do you look lean in the mirror? How are your clothes fitting? Don't be a slave to your scale. And only weigh yourself once a week.

I'll figure out your calorie and macros. I need this info from you:

Weight
Height
I'll give you a calorie range to shoot for and a % of what macros you should eat. You have to keep a lot, though, or it's pointless.

Actually I am looking lean, that's why I was confuse and my clothes still fits. I tipically will only weigh myselft 1 every month or when I see the scale on the ground, my husband likes to wight himself everyday.

Weight 106 (I just weigh myself again and the scale says 106)_
Height 5ft
Age 40

Thank you

Ok, you should be eating between 1660 to 2075 calories. To build, eat more towards the 2000 calorie range.

If you are seeing leanness, don't let the number on the scale mess you up. You are gaining muscle and that is the whole goal here. It will up your weight, but not by too much. Your mirror will be more of an indicator of how you are doing versus the scale.

Try keeping your macros to around 30% fat, 30% carbs and 40% protein. You should be at least eating 115-120 grams of protein a day.

Are you keeping a log of what you are eating each day? You need to do this if you are serious about the kind of training you are doing.

Hope this helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.