feel fit wear distracting

Interesting thread. I don't mind Cathe's outfits. I'm with fit44 and don't really pay that close attention.
Perhaps due to the timed pauses while lifting weights, I've noticed and considered STS to have some of the most interesting ones... like the buttons on Cathe's top. Even now, a few years later, I look at those buttons and tilt my head perplexed as to why they are there. And Cathe is in pukey green from top to bottom in mesocycle 3... hmmm, an interesting color. :)
On the other hand, I love the green in legs Meso 1 and blue in plyo legs.
As I said, STS is really the series where the outfits stood out to me.
sharon

My workout clothe are very inexpensive I get them from Ross's,TJ max and sears. Lululemon has nice wrkout gear but for that much it better do the workout for me. .... Lol When doing the workout the clothes are the last thing I focus on.

cgishops.com

SaraFit-
I just have to say Drill Max and LIC are GREAT workouts! If you decide you can look past the white sash,you may really like them both! They are some of my favorites and actually I never thought about the clothing before, but I think in those 2 DVDs it probably adds to the workout because Cathe looks so perky and ALIVE in them.( I work out in the mornings:) )

I do realize these things are more important to some people than others. I have a niece who joined the tennis team when she was in high school only because the outfits were cute! ( She did go on to college to major in fashion design-and later went to work in NY- so I guess to her that little tennis outfit WAS really important !)

We're all different. My mom used to say - that's why they make chocolate and vanilla! I get my workout clothes at Kohls when they are on sale AND I have a coupon. I usually spend just a few dollars a piece for each item. As long as it is comfortable, I am happy!

I think 99% of the outfits in Cathe's workouts are super cute, although I didn't care for the sashes. It just seems odd on workout clothes to have a completely extraneous accessory. No big deal, though. Rarely do I see/hear anything in a workout (other than the actual workout) that bugs me enough to consider not doing the workout.
I love being able to wear whatever to workout at home, although when I go to the yoga studio (2-3 days a week), I feel like my standards have to be a little higher, like no holes in the clothes and some attempt at coordination. Pretty much all my workout clothes are from Target and I think I'm one of the few women at the yoga studio without a closet full of lululemon. Their clothes are cute and I've heard they're worth the money, but I feel like it's just too much for something I'm gonna sweat in. I have a long term goal of teaching yoga or maybe getting some other sort of fitness certification, so if that ever happens, I'll splurge on nice workout clothes. =)

What's with the in between?

So, capris have never, and will never, be upon my body. All my friends wear them. It's just seems to be the thing to wear for the 50-ish crowd. You'll drag my cold, dead body from the room before you'll ever find them on me! ;)
:( I'm in the 50-ish crowd. I will NOT wear shorts. I have such ugly legs. :( During the summer months when temps are high, I wear capris, even though I agree that they are not flattering. I'm with Suzanne.....

I'm short and stubby so pants are often too long and...I'm stubby...so shorts are too revealing.

I'll wear capri pants once in a while for a workout. I do own a few pair, but I find myself reaching for my long workout pants (from Target! ;)) more often.... especially if I know I'm going to do firewalkers!! :eek:

I don't usually notice the clothes, but I did notice the sashes! Sashes were very 80's. I used to wear a one-piece body suit with a sash back when I started teaching aerobics in 1984 and I loved the sash then. But now I don't like to wear anything extra when I work out - just a bra top and fitted shorts.

Stebby

Stebby I was thinking the same thing. 80's!! I remember when those elastic belts were in. I had 2!!! Always in the way! :p

I love looking at workout cloths. They have come a long way from bicycle shorts and thongs. :eek: I am not distracted, I love seeing what is new.

I like to dress in matching cloths while working out -- it's part of my way of getting psyched!

Now, shoes -- another story. I refuse to wear any shoe that hurts even for a second. :rolleyes: No break in ever, they must fit from the first step. I am the same way with all my shoes. My feet never hurt! :)

I adore capris. I like the boot cut & the slim cut. I find them to be very flattering & comfortable, & a nice alternative to shorts, which I refuse to wear at my age. I have my mother's legs & I don't like showing them. Plus I go to a gym & prefer to not have my skin touching the equipment.

And I would like to add that I DETEST Lululemon. Their stuff is cut for an hourglass figure & ONLY an hourglass figure. The waist is cut small & the butt is cut large. My body fat is pretty low & I have to safety pin most of my work pants to keep them from falling off, yet Lulu clothes give me a muffin top. :confused: And their tops come in 2, 4, 6, 8, etc. It's very difficult to find a top that fits.

When it comes to Feel Fit Wear, I think their stuff is super cute but the one size fits all thing does not work for very petite women. I bought one pair of pants just to give them a try, & they were HUGE. They were baggy & falling off me. I'm 100% certain Cathe & crew gets their stuff custom tailored.

My favorite workout bottoms are Beyond Yoga, & Bia Brazil for tops. Consistent fit, great quality, very cute styles.

Jeez, you all really got me going on one of my favorite topics. ;)

I've never owned one article of clothing from Lululemon. I just don't get the hype. I workout exclusively in my home, and no one but me, the tv screen and my four walls are gonna see my workout clothes and sexy "workout face" ;). So for me it's a total waste to spend hundreds of $$ on workout gear. I'm not going to jump higher, sweat more, lift heavier ect, just because my pants have Lululemon written on the butt :D. As long as they fit me well and I'm comfortable, it's all good ;).

Natasha

Workout face! Yes, I get that too, this made me LOL! I don't think of it at home but wow, if I ever DID go to a gym....should I try to coordinate or contrast that lovely plum color...:p.

I think I better head out to Target...maybe I can find some cheap things a step up from my paint-stained leggings from the '90s.....a reward for finishing my first rotation.

Sometimes I get the athleta catalog and love to look at it...but, again, just can't bring myself to spend that kind of $$.

I'll save it for more Cathe workouts!

I understand wearing longer pants if you're working out in a gym with other people, mainly for the sake of modesty, but I can't stand my legs being covered when I get so hot and sweaty! It makes me crazy. Shorts even make me crazy when I'm dripping sweat. At home, often times I take off my shorts and just exercise in my underwear. It's so much cooler and less restrictive of movement.

I know that capris are the answer for some people, but thank goodness I can, and still do, wear shorts. Another alternative for hot, hot weather is a short skirt. I wear those a lot during the summer.

I don't usually notice the clothes, but I did notice the sashes! Sashes were very 80's. I used to wear a one-piece body suit with a sash back when I started teaching aerobics in 1984 and I loved the sash then. But now I don't like to wear anything extra when I work out - just a bra top and fitted shorts.

Stebby

OMG! I used to teach aerobics in the '80's and had a shimmery silver one-piece body suit that I would "dress up" with a pink or blue exercise thong. How distracting was that??? (Hmmm... maybe not so much when everyone else was dressed the same way.) Scary workout clothes flashback for sure. Now I wear a tank top and shorts. Safe choices.

I have been looking at Lululemon for 1 1/2 years now and there stuff is cute but can't pull thw trigger. It's just too expensive. I have had Lucy exercise pants for 1 1/2 years (got them on sale) and they still look brand new. I did buy some Target pants and they fell down all the time.

I never cared for the sashes either, but love those workouts :D

It did bother me a little in Intensity when the girl directly behind Cathe (curly hair and a very nice bum) her pants were falling down on her (they cut away at one point):(

I also have noticed in Yoga relax that Jai has safety pins on the back of her top.

I don't care so much what I look like at home, but when I go to Zumba I like to have at least no holes. I do live in my exercise pants (I wear them as my everyday pant) so I like that the Lucy ones are holding up so well. I have also been curious about the Lululemon Silverscent stuff. If it actually doesnt get to be stinky. Does anyone have experience with these?

Sarah

I completely understand not wanting to do a sweaty work out with anything covering your legs!!! I much prefer shorts for that reason and use them primarily for my home work outs but at the gym I just prefer to be a bit more covered up. :)

Thankfully my legs look fine so it's not an embarrassment of my legs that drives me to capris over shorts as casual wear. I'm actually told I have nice legs. For me it's just a comfort/convenience thing....

Aside from reasons mentioned earlier, I definitely appreciate them when I am out casually because I don't burn myself on hot car seats, I don't stick to the plastic/rubber seating found in many public places and I don't have to worry about my legs dripping with sweat after sitting for a while in shorts in a place that's not at freezer temps! I have sweated so bad that it began running down the backs of my legs!:eek: If I had been working out that would be ok but just to be sitting still and have that happen!? :eek: EWWWW!!! Embarrassing if anyone were to notice not to mention that it totally grosses me out!!! :eek:

I'm short. I'm 5'3" and my legs are short. I like to wear capris during workouts because they don't ride up. I need some protection for my skin (I have fat to lose.) and even though I use body glide, I still need something to help protect my skin. I don't wear long pants because I sweat like crazy. I'm just too hot for that;)

I don't let an outfit determine whether or not I will buy a workout. But, I do like the outfits to be coordinated. I liked the 'Sash' style look. I liked just the little black shorts/tank top from some of her earliest workouts. It made it easy just to focus on the workout and she still looked great (of course.)

I won't buy super expensive workout gear. I've been working out for 6 years now (steadily) and only just now am I at the point where I have had to replace some of my capris. I have tee shirts from 7th grade:eek: that while they do have some extra holes, work great on a long run. I am a convert to the sweat wicking fabric though. I just get mine at Wal Mart or Kmart. I wait until they are on sale.

All this talk about outfits is fine, but if the music isn't my style, after I have learned the workout (not on step.) I will put on an audio book.

My husband does not like capris - but I love them. I guess he's lucky they are only seasonal for me:D

I like all kinds of fitness wear especially the sweat-wicking ones, but definitely will not spend a lot of money on the clothes.

I wanted to buy from Feel Fit Wear because I love all the fitness gear featured in the workouts -okay, except the slash thing but not a deal breaker for me- however I changed my mind right away when I saw the prices.

Target and JCPenney are fine with me; actually I think JCP has better prices. I don't have a Kohl's by me but my friend practically lives there.

Good point, Linda1 - chocolate and vanilla!

OMG! I used to teach aerobics in the '80's and had a shimmery silver one-piece body suit that I would "dress up" with a pink or blue exercise thong. How distracting was that??? (Hmmm... maybe not so much when everyone else was dressed the same way.) Scary workout clothes flashback for sure. Now I wear a tank top and shorts. Safe choices.

Too funny! I had one purple and one pink body suit and I used to dress them up with a black exercise thong too! As well as the sash! I remember it took several minutes to get dressed in all of that and be satisfied with my appearance. But yeah, fortunately everyone else was dressed the same way. And even more fortunately, I don't think there are any photos of me with one of those outfits on.

Stebby

This thread is so timely! I just started STS meso 3 and, for the first time in a Cathe video, actually didn't like an outfit. The cut is fine, I just don't care for the color. Somebody already mentioned it...it's an unusual green color. Is not awful, just something I look at and think I wouldn't want. Otherwise, I really love the outfits Cathe and crew wear and would love to have any of them.

I have one Lulumon item: the tata tamer 2 bra. This bra is super comfortable, doesn't compress (oh how I hate that...my girls don't want to be jiggling, but don't want to be squished into pancakes either), and keeps things under control It's great for spinning, moderate impact and also looks good with no top although I'm too modest for that. My favorite feature is that it has an insert that you can put into the cups that eliminates headlights...I hate that! I probably could wear this for high impact, but I prefer the even more supportive Moving Comfort Juno (that also has strategically placed material that avoids headlights). Oh, another favorite feature of both these bras is that they don't try to give you uniboob.

Back to Cathe's videos...I think she does a great job selecting outfits. The colors are fresh and new...the styles are classic but interesting and, most importantly, the outfits are coordinated...other instructors don't pay attention to this and it makes their videos so visually unappealing.

I agree with Natasha...great thread!

What a fun thread, I could not resist weighing in here as well...

I have recently discovered the joy of working out in shorts...mostly because I have finally lost enough weight and gotten toned enough that I think I can get away with it. It's not as jiggly as it used to be!

My workout room has central air, but it never seems as strong as the rest of the house, so that room is always a couple of degrees warmer in the summer. So, I bought a pair of shorts a few weeks ago and I love them! I'm going to get some more this weekend. Got them from Modells for $5 or something, and they are cut to be pretty easy to move in as they have wide legs and an elasticized waist. Before that, I worked out in stretchy capris and I am partial to those. I think they're plenty flattering, but my fiance does not, oh well.

I love the FFW outfits, and I would love to be able to get some, I just cannot justify the money. But, if I was going to be on TV or working out in public, you bet your Lululemon I'd be willing to cough up more money to look my best. :)

I also have some yoga type pants I bought from Target or something that I like for lifting weights, but I start overheating immediately if I try to use them for cardio.

Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.