feel fit wear distracting

monkeydoodle

Cathlete
this is my personal opinion, and is just a comment.....while I love original stuff.... I am a huge fan of lululemon:eek: it would look so amazing on Cathe's crew! I am distracted by the fit of the clothes in the Low Impact Series. the seam on the butt cuts into the glutes, I find it so distracting:eek: and annoying. I am not really crazy about the look of the outfits in the new videos either.... in this case, my personal opinion is that the feel fit wear is not that pleasing to my eye. has anyone else noticed this? Clothes are like music, not everyone will be pleased. I just happen to be happy with all of Cathe's music choices in all the videos I have. I was humming the Cardio Super Sets music to my baby yesterday.:D

The outfits Jai chooses are the only ones I ever like.

I loathe and detest capris on everyone. Either go long or wear shorts, so much more flattering to the leg for all. I don't think they suit Cathe either.

But yes, this is a matter of personal taste.

Clare

I don't mind the outfits in the LIS dvds I have however I was interested in but did not purchase Drill Max because of the outfits. Cathe's belt, while cute was distracting to me in the previews; I think it would drive me nuts.

Funny - I just don't notice the clothes that much unless the colours are bright e.g. pink in Turbobarre, pop of green in LIS athletic training. That said - I looooved the outfits in the 'sash series'. Loved the sash and green shirt in LIC and loved the sash and pink top in drill max. Not sure why. They are outstanding workouts if you can get past the outfits - they are two of my all time fav's - fun fun fun for me.

I'm not easily distracted by clothing I suppose...or music. I love Feel Fit Wear, the colors and the styles (I'm being completely honest here). However, the times I do get distracted, is when I see lack of "bra support" and the girls are "jiggling" uncontrollably...if you know what I mean (Maximum Intensity Cardio -- perfect example). I find it more humorous than anything :D. Also, if there are lots of "pulling up" of pants that seem to ride too low and looks like I'm seconds away from witnessing a strip show (all Jillian Michaels video's, the girl from Supreme 90-Day, ect.) :D.

Very interesting thread :)

Natasha

Interesting....Clothing never bothers me. I'm so focused on what I'm doing and watching Cathe, I just don't notice.

I can appreciate a cute work out outfit but it won't make or break my work out and it's certainly not what I am focused on. I also would never outlay that kind of cash for exercise clothes which I suppose is another reason why I don't pay very close attention to the outfits as there is no way I would ever purchase one...

Fit Mommy, that's what is so great about working out at home! You can workout in your underwear if you want to.:D:cool:

Exercise Outfits

Funny - I just don't notice the clothes that much unless the colours are bright e.g. pink in Turbobarre, pop of green in LIS athletic training. That said - I looooved the outfits in the 'sash series'. Loved the sash and green shirt in LIC and loved the sash and pink top in drill max. Not sure why. They are outstanding workouts if you can get past the outfits - they are two of my all time fav's - fun fun fun for me.

Cute.... the 'sash series' ;) I agree with you about those outfits. I like them too. I would have to say that I don't find the workout clothes to be distracting. Totally agree with you gals that one of the perks to working out at home is that it doesn't matter what we wear! :p I am still wearing exercise clothes that I bought at Target years ago. :eek:

I do notice the clothes and like most of them. However, I would never let it distract from my workout or not buy a workout just because a piece of clothing might be distracting. I feel like if you're focusing that much on the clothes, then you're not focusing enough on the actual workout. JMHO.

Cute.... the 'sash series' ;) I agree with you about those outfits. I like them too. I would have to say that I don't find the workout clothes to be distracting. Totally agree with you gals that one of the perks to working out at home is that it doesn't matter what we wear! :p I am still wearing exercise clothes that I bought at Target years ago. :eek:

All of my workout gear comes from Target. It wears really well!

On Lululemon, I know there is a cult following for this workout wear, but its more than a little overpriced for the quality. Maybe I had a bad experience, but to spend almost $100 on a pair of workout pants, they better be outstanding. The pair I have are not much better than the pair I bought at Old Navy for $15!!

On Lululemon, I know there is a cult following for this workout wear, but its more than a little overpriced for the quality. Maybe I had a bad experience, but to spend almost $100 on a pair of workout pants, they better be outstanding. The pair I have are not much better than the pair I bought at Old Navy for $15!!

For $100 it better do the work out FOR me! :p

I loathe and detest capris on everyone. Either go long or wear shorts, so much more flattering to the leg for all. I don't think they suit Cathe either.

But yes, this is a matter of personal taste.

Clare

Yay! Someone else that feels the same as I do about capris! I hate them too! I hate them as workout wear, but I also hate them as everyday wear. I don't think they flatter anybody... anybody at all.... no matter their body type, leg length, anything. Like you said, either go long or go short. What's with the in between?

So, capris have never, and will never, be upon my body. All my friends wear them. It's just seems to be the thing to wear for the 50-ish crowd. You'll drag my cold, dead body from the room before you'll ever find them on me! ;)

Yay! Someone else that feels the same as I do about capris! I hate them too! I hate them as workout wear, but I also hate them as everyday wear. I don't think they flatter anybody... anybody at all.... no matter their body type, leg length, anything. Like you said, either go long or go short. What's with the in between?

So, capris have never, and will never, be upon my body. All my friends wear them. It's just seems to be the thing to wear for the 50-ish crowd. You'll drag my cold, dead body from the room before you'll ever find them on me! ;)

And I adore capris both for working out and as casual wear as well. :) I find that they are "the best of both worlds" so to speak. Less clothing then long pants but covers up more "sins" then shorts do. Also requires less shaving then shorts. ;) LOL

And I adore capris both for working out and as casual wear as well. :) I find that they are "the best of both worlds" so to speak. Less clothing then long pants but covers up more "sins" then shorts do. Also requires less shaving then shorts. ;) LOL

I am right there with you!

I realize capris are not for everyone but I love them. I cannot wear long pants because I am barely 5 foot tall on tippy toes so any pants need to be hemmed (not worth it with workout wear and barely worth it with other types of pants). Shorts are not comfy for my pear shaped legs nor do they look good. If I had nice looking legs, I would probably be wearing shorts instead of capris but I will not torture the general public with the sight of my legs in shorts so they will have to stick to seeing me in capris which are too long for my short legs and actually look more like flood pants. :p

:D I wear capris too! Only to work out in - but I love them. I have a pair of Under Armor heat something or other capris that I got on sale and they make my heart sing.

I'm short and stubby so pants are often too long and...I'm stubby...so shorts are too revealing.

One of the greatest joys of working out at home....I wear whatever I find - I have old, and I mean old, leggings - I'll toss those on with a big t-shirt and my rock-em sock-em pink vibram 5 fingers and I'm ready to go! Paint spots...what-ever. It's just me and the spotted cat who HAS to be near me when I'm working out.

I too have some Cathe and crew outfits that I love, hate, love to hate. I do not dig those sashes but hey...it's not that big a deal at the end of the day - it's just an oddity of doing workouts at home where you are actually seeing these routines so MANY times that you begin to notice the details.

All of my workout gear comes from Target. It wears really well!

I've never owned one article of clothing from Lululemon. I just don't get the hype. I workout exclusively in my home, and no one but me, the tv screen and my four walls are gonna see my workout clothes and sexy "workout face" ;). So for me it's a total waste to spend hundreds of $$ on workout gear. I'm not going to jump higher, sweat more, lift heavier ect, just because my pants have Lululemon written on the butt :D. As long as they fit me well and I'm comfortable, it's all good ;).

Natasha

I am also a capris lover!!! But I will be honest, when I workout in my basement, I rarely care what I have on, as long as it is comfortable and doesn't get in the way of my workouts. However, I am also a trainer and fitness instructor, so I like to wear cute outfits when I teach. With that said, I own some lululemon and feel fit wear. I get a discount with both because of my certifications, so that helps a "tiny" bit. Anyway, lululemon creates great products, that are super comfortable and I can even wear their clothes around the house, running errands, etc. I like feel fit wear too, however, I have a problem with their capris/shorts...I find myself always having to pull them up. But they do squeeze everything in...if you know what I mean!!

They are expensive!! More than I ever thought I would pay for workout clothes, but they are flattering and I use them for my job. I just find it hard to resist cute workout clothes :p.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.