feel fit wear distracting

Agree with you on the formality of capris vs. shorts. WHBM is primarily where I shop. I just love their clothes! :)

Still not feeling the capri love, even from WHBM!

WHBM is really the only place I shop. It's so nice to walk into a store and know exactly what size will fit me in everything, from jeans to dresses to tops. That said, their designer hasn't made me very happy the last few seasons. Too many carpis, and too many blousey, drapey tops. I also hate, hate, hate those tops that have bands around the bottom where they hit your hips. Why do they do that? Ugghh!

I am fortunate enough to have a WHBM outlet store 10 minutes from my house. I have found some incredible deals in there over the years. My latest "steal" was a gorgeous pearl colored leather jacket that started out at $400. I paid $39.99. Yay! :D

I believe this to be true. Sometimes I like a new workout outfit, but I don't dress up everyday to workout. The big deal for me is putting on my workout shoes first thing in the morning. That is what puts me in the right frame of mind.
I don't critique what Cathe or crew are wearing though. I have noticed certain workout outfits that are over the top...Chalene Johnson comes to mind, she cracks me up.:D

Ditto. Nothing motivates me more to get to the gym than looking forward to putting on a cute workout outfit. Well OK, an entire box of ice cream sandwiches the night before might be more motivating, but that's about it. ;)

I wore a skort for the first time this w/e. I've been resisting them forever b/c snooty Laura believed the gym was no place for a skirt. Well, snooty Laura is a convert. A-DOR-ABLE!

BTW, it was a Zobha skort. Another line of fitness wear y'all might want to look into. :p

thanks everyone for weighing in, this is a really funny thread, I feel like I missed out because I was too young for workout wear in the 80's....and my mom saved me from perming my bangs thank goodness.
I LOVE my Ta Ta Tamer! it isn't the most supportive but is great for yoga or around the house, so comfy. my workout gear is mostly tuff brand from Costco (so cheap) but I have a few pieces of lululemon and am slowly converting because it really is worth it, feels so good! and when I am working out hard to Cathe's videos, I really need awesome fit and wicking... no wedgies, no pants falling down and no jiggling. I agree minny-natty...that jiggling is funny, it makes me want to hold myself together for them!:)

Fun thread!

I'm with LauraMax; I LOVE to wear cute work out outfits and I spend much more on my workout clothes than on my work clothes. (actually-I don't spend ANYTHING on my work clothes--scrubs) So maybe having to wear shapeless man-cut, 3-sizes-fit-all, hideous green colored (far worse that the green in Meso 1) unflattering unisex clothing day in and day out helps me justify spending too much on my workout clothes?

I work out at home except for spin classes, and, yes, I adore Lululemon. The brand fits me beautifully so I never have to tug at anything and I am so much more comfortable in performance fabrics. The sweat-wicking, quick-drying properties of those expensive fabrics mean I can stand to exercise in my workout room that is hard to cool below 78 degrees after 10am.

I became a convert at Cathe's Houston RT when I was working out in a ballroom full of Cathletes wearing their flattering outfits. I felt like I was in a work out video!

Now I am such a dork that, if I can remember what Cathe and her crew are wearing in the workout that I am about to do, I will try to put on a coordinating color! (and now you know WAY too much about me!)

For my fellow 80's aerobic queens---don't forget the ponytail on the side!

I LOVE the FeelFitWear outfits! I think they look great on Cathe & everyone else in the workouts. I also think the capris are flattering. I liked the sash outfits too from DM & LIC.

If you want to see really distracting, unflattering outfits, check out Kelly Coffey Meyer in her LIFT workout. Here's the clip.

Kelly Coffey's 30 Minutes to Fitness: L.I.F.T.

Kelly is a very pretty woman with a great body, but that outfit is yuck & does her no favors.

Personally, I love wearing capris. I think they are a great in-between length for summer & spring. More formal than shorts, cooler than pants. WHBM has really cutes ones. :D

I don't find the American flag to be distracting. I can't speak for Kelly but I am sure she was trying to be patriotric with her "Olympic" style of lifting workout.

Inspired by this thread I went out and picked up a new outfit....a cheap-y to be sure - some Danskin at WallyWorld but it's cute.

I have learned something very important.

Compression.

My UnderArmor Heat something capris are compression. These Danskin's aren't.

Compression...compresses....all those little cellulite wobbly bits. :rolleyes:

Ah well. I've just invested in STS (yesterday's deal) and a big club step so my fitness budget is blown for now.

Anyone have luck on ebay? I think I'll set up a search.

And TexasLaura, I think it's terrific that you match to the workouts! :D I'd do the same thing if I had the outfits!

Now I am such a dork that, if I can remember what Cathe and her crew are wearing in the workout that I am about to do, I will try to put on a coordinating color! (and now you know WAY too much about me!)

Whew!!! I'm glad I'm not the only "dork" that coordinates the color of my outfit to Cathe and crew! ;)

I want to add this in defense of the pricey Lulu clothes; I have a couple of their tanks that I would never dream of actually sweating in. I wear them with a cute jean skirt and great shoes for a casual night out and my husband always loves it! (they are very flattering). I also have a couple of their adorable skorts that I wear around while running errands and a jacket that gets me compliments every time I wear it. I really love their stuff as casual wear rather than work-out wear.

I generally use their capris and a "cool racer-back tank" or a cheap tank over a Target work-out bra when I am actually working out.

Thanks to LauraMax, I may have to consider working out in a skort!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.