Favorite Smells

Ooooooo, I like what all of you guys have said!

I don't know what I can add to it - has anyone said lilacs? I may have overlooked it. My grandma used to have a lilac shrub just outside of her garage and I used to love walking by it on the way to her house when I was a little girl. :)

Melissa

I can't believe I haven't seen puppy breath yet!!!!! I will admit that is probably a weird one, but ........ ahhhh, puppy breath!

oh my gosh!! puppy breath!!! how on earth did we overlook that one?? it's criminal, I tell ya, just plain criminal!! hehe

Argh! I forgot puppy breath too! Lilacs! We had a shrub in our front yard 30 years ago when we lived in NH! I used to pick a bunch and carry them on the bus to with me to school and suck the nectar out! Ah, memories . . .

Janie brought this thread back up to me with her thread on sourdough.

Sourdough bread, the starter, the smell of it baking, the smell of it toasting. Mmmmmmmm.

Last night I was remembering my sister had given me some cucumber and melon lotion a while back. That is a wonderful combination.

And - The Body Shop Avocado body butter. Happy smell.

Holy Chirstmas trees, Batman!! I can't believe I forgot to mention Christmas trees!! Oh, and I love the smell of fireplaces burning on a crisp night up here in the mountains. Also, the smell of a gentle breeze on a warm day- it has that camping smell. ahhhhh... :D

No one mentioned CHOCOLATE?!?!

Yes! Why didn't I think of that? In particular there's a sort of cooking chocolate smell that reminds me of my time living in Haarlem in the Netherlands. We were just downriver of a cocoa factory and that smell would come wafting on the wind. YUM.

What a cool thread! Some of mine already have been mentioned.

Weird smells I love:
Newspaper (I used to be a journalist)
diapers (clean ones, right out of the box)
magic markers
Rave Hairspray (reminds me of my teen years :p)

Loved the smell of magic markers and rubber cement.

Last edited:
wood burning stove, charcoal grill, campfire.

pizza, my mom's chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven

coffee and peanut butter

horses sweat?!? Who knew!! So, who determines which horses get the blankets in the cold weather. My son still wants to know and so do I! Some horses have them and some don't, is it a lottery system!? Kidding but seriuosly want to know! Thanks!

At first the horse sweat idea grossed me out--then I remembered the smell and I think I like it, too. It is something that makes me think of my own childhood in the country, though I seldom smell it now.

All the different seasons air, my mom when I was small, honeysuckle, wood burning stoves, my husband, some leathers, cedar wood, my babies when they were first born.....loved there smell. Puppies breath, lavender, fresh cut grass, lemon grass. I have lots of favorites.

Fun thread! By now a lot of mine have been named- campfire, puppy breath (glad I wasn't the only one haha), coffee, baking bread, pine trees, cilantro and lime together, swimming pool water....I could go on :)
But I didn't see one that is appropriate for this month- I am not a huge candy eater but I love the smell of the kids' trick or treat baskets. Not quite chocolate not quite sugary candy......It reminds me of being little and bringing in the haul! Back in the days when I didn't worry about calories.
I also love the smell of plumeria, but I'm sure that it is because that was my fav smell back when I was my fittest.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.