Cathe's Greatest Hits?

Warm up from Interval Max, then the blasts only from IMAX2, IMAX3, and KickMax (alternating, one from each workout, cycling thourgh) and then the cool down stretch either from Interval Max or KickMax.

And it shall be known as "Doozy Max"!

Nan

I would love to see a compilation of your excellent floorwork. (similar to Ab Hits) :

Warm-up (6 minutes) Butts and Guts

1st segment "Lower Body Blast" floorwork paired with "Legs and Glutes" floorwork (approx. 22 minutes).

2nd segment the floorwork from "Gymstyle Legs" (approx.24 minutes)

3rd segment "Butts and Guts" leg floorwork (approx. 20 minutes)

4th segment STS Meso 1 Disc 6, Disc 9, and Disc 12 floorwork only

5th segment would be from "Pyramid Lower Body" (13 minutes)

Final stretch from "Lower Body Blast" (6 minutes)

Bonus segment from barre segments from either XTrain legs or Lower Body Blast Legs combined with the chair segment from STS Meso 1 disc 3 chair segments.

I would LOVE a compilation similar to this (oh... I think I said this already :) )

OW OW OW!!! And Yes! Yes! Yes!!!

Nan

This was tough! I had to include both cardio and strength since Cathe rocks at both!

LIS Athletic Training warm up (6 minutes)
4DS Kickbox Cardio Kickbox section (about 30 mins)
Muscle Max Barbell Static Lunges
High Reps One Arm Rows w/dumbbell and band
Butts and Guts Firewalkers
LIS Upper Body Split Alternating Chest Fly (Chapter 18)
High Reps Lying Extensions
High Step Challenge seated lateral raise with dumbbell
PUB Biceps
Strength work total: about 25 minutes?
Muscle Max Core (about 10 minutes)
Muscle and Endurance stretch (4 minutes)

I think I'm pushing the 75 minute length mark!

My first suggestion would be a "Imax Step Challenge"

Warm-up: Imax 2 (or warm up from HIS because I love this one and it's effecient)
Workout:
Imax 2 : Intervals 2, 5, 7, 8
Body Max 2: Power Drills (without the weights- may only use 2 for a shorter workout)
Imax 3: Intervals 1, 5, 8, 10
**Interlude here for a breather Insert - HIS 2nd combo and blast (love this one-feel good fun!)
Step Blast: The Challenge (last section)
Cool Down/Stretch:
Body Max 2

Love this except I would prefer a different warm up than imax2. I’m not crazy about the amount flying angels in that one.

Low Impact Supermix:

Warm up: CrossFire (6:30)
Segment 1: Intensity - Low Impact HIIT only (10 minutes?)
Segment 2: AfterBurn – Express Single Intervals only (22 minutes?)
Segment 3: Xtrain All Out Low Impact HIIT – Floor section only (13:48)
Segment 4: CrossFire – Low Impact Tabata only (4:40)
Segment 5: To the Max – Low Impact Slide Tabata only (4:50)
Segment 6: To the Max – Stretch (6:10)
Total Running Time: 68 – 70 minutes
Bonus: Low Max - All 7 Blasts premix (23 minutes)

Love this and the premix ideas!

I would love to see a compilation of your excellent floorwork. (similar to Ab Hits) :

1st segment "Lower Body Blast" floorwork paired with "Legs and Glutes" floorwork (approx. 22 minutes).

Bonus segment from barre segments from either XTrain legs or Lower Body Blast Legs combined with the chair segment from STS Meso 1 disc 3 chair segments.

Ultimate Floorwork Max sounds brutally fun!

All Combo DVD. I would love a DVD that has the completed combo routines from many of your step-workouts, including: Rythmic Step, Step Blast, Cardio & Weights (this one didn't have a finished routine of the 4 combos but I would love to have a combo of them included), Body Max 2, Step Moves, Low Impact Challenge, MIC, Intensity, 4DSHIS, 4DSLIS, Low Impact Circuit, and Athletic Step. You can add in between each different finshed combo section an interval blast like you did for Tabatacise.

This would really test my step memory but would be fun!

Warm up from Interval Max, then the blasts only from IMAX2, IMAX3, and KickMax (alternating, one from each workout, cycling thourgh) and then the cool down stretch either from Interval Max or KickMax.

And it shall be known as "Doozy Max"!

This one kind of scares me! (not necessarily a bad thing) Those imax3 blasts are killer. 56 plie jacks anyone?

I would LOVE a compilation similar to this (oh... I think I said this already :) )

I LOVE this idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE Cathe pick this one :)

I love this idea!
I'd prefer a cardio workout mix though. If you do a cardio workout, a mix of step, (love the finished combo idea that fitness buff suggested) Hiit, and Tabata's, along with some of the plyo legs (they could be blasts between step segments) from the STS series sounds great. I can't decide on which particular step, Hiit, Tabata's, or Plyo Legs sections for the workout because they are all so good.
For the bonus maybe 20 minutes of finished combo's of your step routines.

P.S. PLEASE make a new step routine like Rhythmic step or Body Max 2 (BM2 has some great premixes that make it very versatile).

this is so very very hard, thanks Cathe for asking!
I guess it is easier for me because the oldest videos I have are the intensity series, so i have less selection.

wu - turbobarre
total body trisets - lower body
firewalkers (any video but I really like the sets from STS meso 1 or Athletic Training)
the lower body set in bodymax2 with lunges and squat onto step
TTM - step tabata
and 30/20 hiit
stretch TTM or TB

bonus: intensity: low impact Hiit
plus 10 min of kickbox combos from kick punch crunch

I can't wait to see what the final decision is

This, plus KickMax Leg Conditioning Drills. I'd also like STS abs plus all newer ab work combined on one disc...

That's funny... I agree 100% with adding the Kickmax Leg Conditioning Drills. I wanted to add them originally but didn't because I was already way past the 70 minute time frame... but hey... it's not our fault Cathe made so many great workouts :)

pyramid 2 please

My favorite series of all times is Intensity. I think the terminator DVD has got to be the best Cathe compilation DVD.

I'd love to see a greatest hits with a combination of kickbox from Kick/Punch/Crunch/weight work from 4Ds, some fun step and I love the warmups from the Pure Strength Series. I'd love to see some of the yoga relax segments as stretches. I'd love some Hiit and Tabata - the possibilities are endless.

But I'd love Cathe to film a Pyramid 2. I also would like to see in a new series some more steady state cardio. I love the Hiit's and intervals but a nice lower impact step or floor routine or combination, with great music that we can alternate with all the Hiit's. Just something that says fun!

I would like cathe to film a pyramid 2 too...

Pyramid has been numerously mentioned during discussions.
There is quite a few of us on this forum who have requested a pyramid 2.
Hope it get taken on board ;)

I love the hi/lo section from step, jump and pump.....it's so fun

So maybe a hi/lo section from SJP followed by an Intensity step section followed by an IMAX 2 or 3 blast.....do this for the allotted time.....this would be sooooo fun bc I love the music in these workouts:)

Eta: would also love a pyramid 2 with some leg blasts thrown in there:)....not necessarily jumping blasts, but something at the end of each pyramid to further fry the legs..heehee:)

Last edited:
I'd love to see an Imax to the Max! This would consist of the 12 most intense segments from Imax1,2,3. You can take a vote on which people think are the most intense, or I can give you my suggestions ;) (definitely include Imax3 blocks 5 and 10).

I'd also love to see a greatest hits that is similar to High Step Training Advanced -- maybe the original bootcamp with one set of leg presses added to six of the eight rounds.

Of course, I would love to see an Imax4 and a HSTA2!!

Last edited:
I have thought long and hard on this and based on the other DVDs Cathe has and the premixes available on the DVDs, this is what I would love to see:

1. Cardio Core Circuit warmup
2. Intensity Low Impact HiiT
3. Slide N Glide cardio only
4. To The Max Low Impact Slide N Glide Tabata
5. Cross Fire Low Impact Tabata
6. Pure Strength Abs
7. Cardio Core Circuit

I was trying to pick low impact options that didn't require the use of a step so that it would be a good workout that could be used at home or on the road!

Honestly, this is so had to do....I could come up with over a 100 different ideas. Here's what I came up with:

STEP Workout:
Step, Jump, Pump: warm Up and Step
Imax 3 - Blasts Only
To the Max - Step
TTM Step Tabata
Butts and Guts Abs
Intensity Stretch

Bonus: Imax 2 Blasts
Intensity Hit Hi

Legs Workout:
Lower Body Blast: warm up
Walking Lunges/Plie Squat
Leg Presses BB
Squats BB
Front lunge Pick-up

Butts & Guts:
Walking Lunges/Plie Squat/Plyo DB
Deadlifts toes elevated BB
One Legged Squat 10" step DB
Freestanding lunge/squat combo
Squats BB
Firewalkers Band

Legs & Glutes:
One Legged Deadlifts DB
Plie Squats (traditional) DB
Sculpting Drills (slow knee pulls) on High Step
Outer Thigh Leg Press on high step with ankle weights (2 sets) DB
Calf Raises
Standing Leg Extensions (front) with ankle weights
Standing Outer Thigh Lifts with ankle weights

GS Legs:
Floorwork & Stretch

Bonus: Xtrain Barre

Stabilty Ball Workout:
Butts & Guts Warm Up
Xtrain CBS 3
Xtrain BT 3
Xtrain CBS 5
Xtrain BT 4
Xtrain CBS 6
Xtrain BT 5
Xtrain CBS 7
Xtrain BT 6
Pyramid Lower Body Leg Floorwork
Pyramid Upper body Abs
Xtrain CBS Stretch

Bonus StretchMax SB

Circuit:
STS TB Warm Up
STS TB Leg Triset
Crossfire Firewalker Tabata
STS TB Chest Triset
To the Max S&G Tabata
STS TB Back Triset
TTM Fitness Tabata
STS TB Shoulder Triset
CF Plyo Tabata
STS TB Stretch ( love the music in this one)

Bonus: Coremax Abs

I would love an All Step Workout....but after hearing about the new ones coming, I am totally psyched for 2 fresh step workouts.

I been reading and noticed all the greatest anyone is meantioning are really heart pounding.. Oooo
Im just wondering cant she do a couple segments in thre that wont make me have a heart attack? I know i love a hard workout but im thinking if its all hard segments id be soo afraid of it. Lol

Last edited:
I'd love a total body workout! Here's what I call Cathe’s Maximum Muscle Mashup using earlier vids:
Warm-up: PUB
Legs: GS:Legs Standing segment
Chest: CTX-UBS
Back: GS:B&B
Shoulders: CTX-UBS
Biceps: PUB
Triceps: GS:C/S/T
Core: PUB
Stretch: GS:Legs

Didn't calculate the running time, though.
Hope to get more ideas posted! (time permitting!)

combos of various step workouts - combined plus blasts...

Hi!
how about a compilation of the 'combined" 1, 2, 3 step portions of various step workouts(you know, the finished step products all together without the repitition of individual segments) plus the blast portions, (if included on those step workouts)...

using step blast, athletic step,bodymax2, etc....

hope this post makes some sense, its late and im tired!

A high impact cardio/leg mix using only the step and a firewalker band.

To The Max Warm Up 5:50
Drill Max Cardio #2
Drill Max Firewalkers
4 Day Split Bootcamp Drills #1-2 (Shuffle Jumps & Run Around Step)
STS Mesocycle One Legs One Leg Touch Down Squats
Tabatacise Tabata #3 6:47
Butts & Guts Lunge/Squat Combo
To The Max Step Tabata 5:15
Athletic Training Abduction Work with Firewalker Loop
Cross Fire Firewalker Tabata 4:55
Athletic Training Hamstring Kickbacks with Firewalk Loop
Cardio Leg Blast Cardio #4 (Frog Jump Plie Jacks)
Muscle Endurance Low Unweighted Lunges
Intensity Intensity Max #3
Lower Body Blast Elevated Lunges
Boot Camp Terminators
Cardio Leg Blast Cardio #11 (Step Knee Tap Down Step Freeze)
STS Mesocycle Three Plyo Legs Slow Straddle Jumps
Afterburn Interval #4A, #5A, #6A
STS Mesocycle Three Plyo Legs One Leg Squat Thrust
STS Mesocycle Three Plyo Legs Straddle Jump Up with Knee Lifts
Boot Camp Kicks (lower body)
IMax 3 #8
Drill Max Squat Thrusts
Butts & Guts Hammer Punches
Interval Max Combo/Blast #4
IMax 2 #9
Turbo Barre Leg Work with Firewalker Loop 6:37
Turbo Barre Stretch 7:42

Bonus:
Lower Body Blast Floor Work with Band
Turbo Barre Abs

Suggestions for the greatest hits dvd

I'm unsure of the lengths there but I would love to have segments from these DVDs:

1. May most favorite, the premix from Pyramid Upper Body up-pyramid but without the stability ball section.
2. Butts and Guts, some of the standing leg work, and definitely the firewalkers.
Plus, the stretch from Butts and Guts, the music is amazing and it's like mini-yoga.
3. The high impact segment and combo 1 from Kick Punch and Crunch.
4. As a bonus section, any ab workout with weights like in Butts and Guts.

Thread the cardio and weight segments above to create more of a circuit workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.