Anyone know a recipe for clean pancakes? :)

Shannon_B

Cathlete
I've been eating the fiber one pancakes, but I know they aren't the best for me. Do you guys know how to make clean pancakes from scratch?

I have two:

Chocolate Protein Pancakes

2 egg whites
1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. agave nectar
2 tbsp. raw oats
1 tbsp. natural peanut butter

Mix together in a blender or Magic Bullet. Pour in a hot skiller and cook both sides. Top with Natural PB.

Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
Same as above but use cinnamon instead of cocoa.

GOOD STUFF!!!!

Oh thanks! That look easy enough haha. I have to go the grocery store today so some of those things will be on my list! Thanks again

Debbie, that looks awesome!!! I make protein (egg white) pancakes all the time, but never in chocolate! I must try this tomorrow morning!!!

Gayle

My favorite is 1/2 cup each of old fashioned oats, cottage cheese and egg white. Add cinnamon and vanilla and blend in the blender. Everyone raves about these, even people that hate cottage cheese- you honestly have no idea it is in there. I think they are most similar to "real" pancakes although a bit more dense.

Hi,

Those look good. I have a question about agave nectar...can this be frozen in small quantities? I have a can, but it seems like I would only use a tablespoon at a time, and it would go to waste...

Here are two with lower carbs %:

Protein Pancakes (Low Carb)

1 scoop protein powder
1/2 - 3/4 cup egg beaters/egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
mix REALLY WELL

Cook just like a pancake and top with warmed berries or sugar free syrup.
To add carbs, just add 1/2 cup oats (ground or whole) to the mix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

High Protein/Low Carb Pancake

6 Egg whites
1 tsp Baking Powder
5 Packets Splenda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbs Chopped Almonds
1/2 tsp Maple Extract (I used vanilla)

Blend all togther.
Pour into pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Cook one side until golden brown. Flip over and cook until done.

Total: 127
Fat: 2
Carbs: 3
Protein: 22

I need to try these! I've switched from white flour to whole wheat and my DH isn't too crazy about my WW pancakes!

All of those look great. I'm not a fan of the artificial sugars but I'm willing to try them! Thanks everyone!

I got this recipe from Devin Alexander on the Fitness Channel:

1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk (I use nonfat milk--doesn't make a big difference, IMHO)
1 egg white
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla

Whisk this all together and voila, there's your batter! I usually add blueberries to mine because I LOVE blueberry pancakes. I then top with 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter (my fave is Trader Joe's Organic Unsalted PB) and 1/2 tbsp of real maple syrup. I also add strawberries to get more fruit in.

Yum!!

I use this recipe all of the time - I belive I got it off this board. I usually do a double batch and then freeze half of it so that I have them on hand and ready to go.

1 cup oats
1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 scoop protein powder (I use chocolate, but you could use others too)

Blend (I use a hand mixer) and allow to sit for a few minutes so the oats can absorb some of the liquid and thicken the mixture up. Cook over medium heat on the stove top. If you don't like cottage cheese....no worries, you would never be able to tell it's even in there.

I make 4 pancakes out of 1 batch and they are very filling. I top with peanut butter and breakfast is served.

Angie

Tosca Reno Recipe

Hi -
This is the Tosca Reno recipe:

Ingredients
egg white
whey protein
oatmeal
cottage cheese

Directions
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Use a 1/3 cup measuring spoon to ladle the mixture onto a griddle or nonstick pan and cook just like you would regular pancakes. These keep about 1 week in the fridge or 1 month in the freezer.

Number of Servings: 6

I think I got this from Oxygen Mag and I make them almost every morning -

For two pancakes:

1/3 cup oatmeal
4 egg whites
1 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS peanut butter
pinch salt

Top with agave nectar.

It's like 220 calories and something like 30 grams of protein.

YUMMMMM!! I love them. My husband loves them. They keep me full through most of the morning.

Patty ,
I made your recipe this morning and ate them with a little bit of natural peanutbutter on them and they were fantastic !

They kept me full all morning too.
Thanks for sharing!

Becky

Patty: Do you have any idea of what the calorie count is by chance? Is this once serving?

thanks!!
Heather

My favorite is 1/2 cup each of old fashioned oats, cottage cheese and egg white. Add cinnamon and vanilla and blend in the blender. Everyone raves about these, even people that hate cottage cheese- you honestly have no idea it is in there. I think they are most similar to "real" pancakes although a bit more dense.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.