Another GWF update

Yeah, me too! I caved and ordered it. Now, what to tell the DH when it arrives. I'm think I'm going with it's "fancy pedometer". It sounds cheaper then fitness monitor or calorie counter.

Can I give myself credit for not buying yesterday when I first stumbled on this thread. I decided to sleep on it see if I still wanted it. Yup!:p

I think you are going to be very happy with your purchase.:D

Ug! First STS cardio, then the Cathe tower, and now this.......:eek::confused::eek:
My poor, poor, credit card.;)

Oh, um, thanks a lot gals for the enabling! You are a great stimulus for the economy.:p

Angie

Ladies, I am so close to buying this....my question is: Do you have to subscribe to the monthly website to be able to use the Activity manager? I mean do I have to pay $12.95 or $6.95 /month to be able to upload the data and using the reporting features?

Thanks,
Lori

Ladies, I am so close to buying this....my question is: Do you have to subscribe to the monthly website to be able to use the Activity manager? I mean do I have to pay $12.95 or $6.95 /month to be able to upload the data and using the reporting features?

Thanks,
Lori

Yes, you have to pay the monthly subscription to use the features. The Amazon purchase includes 3 free months. I then chose the 6.95 per month for 1 year option.

Denise

Holy cow!:eek: I ordered this last night after stumbling upon this thread and already have a ship notice from amazon....and it was free shipping to boot.:D Just thought anyone teetering on the edge of this decision would want to know. Just paying the enabling forward.:p

Angie

Today it is back to $169 :(

Bummer. So much for that. I snoozed and "losed."

ETA: I did a search to see if prices had gone down anywhere else since the last time I searched, and discovered a blurb about a new product coming out in late spring or early summer called Fitbit. It may be worth a look when it is available.

Last edited:
I caved, I bought it, I love it!

Add me to the GWF fan club! I've worn it for a week and already lost a couple of pounds. It's helped that I've been tracking what I eat (an eye-opening experience!) and trying to move more.

I believed that I was burning more calories and eating less than I actually was. That, combined with a slower metabolism, accounted for the weight creep. :mad:

So I think it was really worth it for me, and I'm very happy to see the scale (and fat percentage, because I have a Tanita scale) going lower instead of higher. :)

But no more gadgets. I mean it this time!

Add me to the GWF fan club! I've worn it for a week and already lost a couple of pounds. It's helped that I've been tracking what I eat (an eye-opening experience!) and trying to move more.

I believed that I was burning more calories and eating less than I actually was. That, combined with a slower metabolism, accounted for the weight creep. :mad:

So I think it was really worth it for me, and I'm very happy to see the scale (and fat percentage, because I have a Tanita scale) going lower instead of higher. :)

But no more gadgets. I mean it this time!
WTG Kathryn!!! I feel very encouraged by your post. I got my GWF at the end of last week but didn't charge it and start wearing it until about 5:00 last night, and already I can see the benefit! It was so gratifying when my display beeped to tell me I had met my activity goal :D. I haven't figured out yet how to record meals and workouts. Is that hard and/or time consuming? I think some of the instructions for how to manage the online part seem vague, but again, I haven't really looked at it too much.

Today it is back to $169 :(
Wow and now it's up to $179. I also noticed the display went up from $69 to $79. I was lucky and ordered the main unit at $132, but decided to wait on the display. Hopefully I won't want it later. :(

I feel bad for those of you who missed out on any of it.

Question for those of you using it already. If you wear it pretty much 24/7 or close to that, how often do you need to recharge it and how long does that usually take?

Wow and now it's up to $179. I also noticed the display went up from $69 to $79.

The laws of supply and demand prevail, would be my guess. I'll bet it ends up going down again when people balk at paying the higher prices.

WTG Kathryn!!! I feel very encouraged by your post. I got my GWF at the end of last week but didn't charge it and start wearing it until about 5:00 last night, and already I can see the benefit! It was so gratifying when my display beeped to tell me I had met my activity goal :D. I haven't figured out yet how to record meals and workouts. Is that hard and/or time consuming? I think some of the instructions for how to manage the online part seem vague, but again, I haven't really looked at it too much.

Meals aren't too hard to log, and you can have it calculate based on only 3 meals a week if you want. It remembers things you eat often and suggests them to you so you don't have to hunt for them on the list. You can also make up dishes that you prepare and save them so you don't have to re-enter individual ingredients each time.

But I've found the meal-entry portion to be a real eye-opener. I was eating far more calories than I though -- often through snacking (a handful of nuts here, a few Triscuits there...) it adds up!

It's so gratifying to see how all of your activity adds up. I find it very rewarding and motivating.

Good luck with it, Miss Lee!

I only have the actual unit and have only had it a week. I upload it sometimes several times a day (it is quick, takes seconds literally) and love it! I don't plan on getting the watch. I lost 4 pounds this week! I am finding some things quite interesting---such as a Leslie Sansone can burn literally up to 9/10 calories a minute for me, similar or more than a good Cathe step workout (and I don't have to feel overly burned out). Today is my 40th birthday and I know I'm going to splurge so I worked out twice to Leslie, logging in just over 2 hours, about 65 minutes each time. I recently checked my calories burned and during each of the sessions I burned over 525 calories! WOW! Plus I have over 16,000 steps already. I love the calorie tracking feature (entering my own meals) and the sleep factor. I noticed I didn't sleep well yesterday or today and I was feeling very tired today. (but early in the week when I got 93% sleep efficiency and averaged about 7:30 hrs of sleep a day, I felt pretty good)

I think this is the best investment yet! :) :) :)

Denise

Wow! Guess I don't need to spend the extra $60 or so bucks on the display! Thanks! I got the go ahead to get one! YIPPEE!!!! Can't wait! I know I don't get efficient sleep. I have 2 beagles who only sleep about an hour at a time and then shift and move around, then they usually have to go out and potty around 1 or 2 in the morning, so I have to get up. It will be interesting to see just how inefficient my sleep phase is! I'm a very light sleeper and every little thing wakes me up! :rolleyes:

Belated Happy Birthday, too! I just got back from vacation and am just now catching up on things! Didn't have access to wifi at my Mom's house! They are old fashioned and only have dial up! Sheesh! Still trying to get them to go DSL!

The laws of supply and demand prevail, would be my guess. I'll bet it ends up going down again when people balk at paying the higher prices.

Well, I hope people complain because I was going to get it when it was at $132! I was gone, so I didn't know it had gone back up! I won't be paying the extra $45! I guess I'm back on hold for my GWF! :(

Sigh . . .

Well, I hope people complain because I was going to get it when it was at $132! I was gone, so I didn't know it had gone back up! I won't be paying the extra $45! I guess I'm back on hold for my GWF! :(

Sigh . . .

Red alert!! Special deal on Amazon! If you buy Go Wear Fit for $179, you get the wrist display for $29.99. So, the total price for both is about $210 (or $9 more than when the GWF was on sale for $132). You still get 3 months of data tracking free. You have to click on the "special deal" button under the GWF product listing.

Anyway, I caved. It was clearly a sign from the Universe that I needed to order this. I couldn't swing it at $179 + $79, but $210 was close enough. :p

They have really been playing with the pricing a lot, since I first bought this, at $170 +$70, I've seen the armband go to 150, then the 132, then back to 170, and now to 180 and they upped the price on the watch to 80, but if you buy it together it's obviously a better deal than the original 170 +70 I paid. I just looked at my amazon order, and it shipped just over a month ago, on 3/27.

Wow! Guess I don't need to spend the extra $60 or so bucks on the display! Thanks! I got the go ahead to get one! YIPPEE!!!! Can't wait! I know I don't get efficient sleep. I have 2 beagles who only sleep about an hour at a time and then shift and move around, then they usually have to go out and potty around 1 or 2 in the morning, so I have to get up. It will be interesting to see just how inefficient my sleep phase is! I'm a very light sleeper and every little thing wakes me up! :rolleyes:

Belated Happy Birthday, too! I just got back from vacation and am just now catching up on things! Didn't have access to wifi at my Mom's house! They are old fashioned and only have dial up! Sheesh! Still trying to get them to go DSL!

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes! I sure hope the price comes back down so you can get your GWF. I am loving it! I weigh in again tomorrow morning (Saturday) and have thus far been in a deficit of over 8000 calories for the week so I'm hoping for at least a 1.5-2 lb loss to show up.....

Wish me luck ;)

Denise

I have a question.....

I've owned my device for 10 weeks. I look at the charts of average calories burned and I burn anywhere from 2000-2600 (mostly 2300- hitting 2600 calories a few times a month). Right now, I'm eating to create a deficit for weight loss. When I reach my goal, how should I decide what my maintenance calories should be? Should I make it an even 2000 a day or stagger them?
How do you plan to handle maintenance? It's seems easier in many ways to create a deficit. :confused:

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes! I sure hope the price comes back down so you can get your GWF. I am loving it! I weigh in again tomorrow morning (Saturday) and have thus far been in a deficit of over 8000 calories for the week so I'm hoping for at least a 1.5-2 lb loss to show up.....

Wish me luck ;)

Denise

So, how did your weigh-in go?:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.