Another GWF update

I'm already getting tired having to explain what the band on my arm is for.

I dislike getting into conversations about calories with people, which is kind of inevitable when you tell them you're wearing a calorie tracker. So I've been thinking of some alternate answers to the inevitable question of "what are you wearing on your arm?"

1. Tracking device.
2. Political statement.
3. Inflatable life raft.
4. Smoke alarm.
5. Two way radio.
6. Dehydrated emergency rations.
7. It holds my arm together.
8. Bullsh*t detector.

here's to ignorance........WHAT IN THE HECK ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT??????????? WHAT IS THIS THING?????????:eek::eek: DETAILS.....

I dislike getting into conversations about calories with people, which is kind of inevitable when you tell them you're wearing a calorie tracker. So I've been thinking of some alternate answers to the inevitable question of "what are you wearing on your arm?"

1. Tracking device.
2. Political statement.
3. Inflatable life raft.
4. Smoke alarm.
5. Two way radio.
8. Bullsh*t detector.

ROFLOL :D

1. Tracking device.
2. Political statement.
3. Inflatable life raft.
4. Smoke alarm.
5. Two way radio.
8. Bullsh*t detector.

Those are some good ones. :D I might have to use some of those. I especially like #8. :cool:

Oh dear...now I want this too.

My question is, though, do you have to wear it all day? I already wear an insulin pump and don't know if I want to have another "gadget" on my body!

Thought I'd answer this question as I'm a pumper too and have had the GWF since January. I don't really notice the GWF and I do wear it almost every day except for showering and occasional breaks. It doesn't really feel like one more gadget on my body. I can relate to how you feel however what with the pump, my medical ID, and I also wear a sensor sometimes I feel like the bionic woman. However I don't have the display for the GWF for that very reason. I'm happy uploading the data (GWF) and just looking at trends and overall averages rather than specific daily targets for activity.

My understanding is that you get more accurate readings if the GWF is worn 23 hours a day although don't quote me on that as I don't remember where I heard that from.

So far no one has noticed mine or asked about it when I wear short sleeves. I do try and keep it under the sleeve though. I also never get questions about the pump either. I've come to the conclusion that people are so used to seeing people hooked up to I-Pods, cell phones, gameboy, DS etc that no one really notices the other gadgets.

Diana

Diana

I've been wearing it for 2 weeks and nobodys noticed it. I turn it to the inside so the sensor it more near my boob than the outside of my arm. People don't usually stare at your boobs, and if they do you can shoot them a digusted look and roll your eyes.

Has anyone ever had it go off beeping in front of someone when you've met an activity goal? :eek: I told someone it was a pedometer and they shrugged and bought the story.

If anyone were to be really persistent and rude about it, I may tell them that my arm had been severed and it was the only thing keeping it attached.

I've been wearing it for 2 weeks and nobodys noticed it. I turn it to the inside so the sensor it more near my boob than the outside of my arm. People don't usually stare at your boobs, and if they do you can shoot them a digusted look and roll your eyes.

Has anyone ever had it go off beeping in front of someone when you've met an activity goal? :eek: I told someone it was a pedometer and they shrugged and bought the story.

If anyone were to be really persistent and rude about it, I may tell them that my arm had been severed and it was the only thing keeping it attached.

Funny, yes mine went off in front of a couple of people, I told them in 15 seconds I would explode.

The people in my kickbox class are just intrigued by it, and other than when it beeped that day, no one has seemingly even noticed it.

I thought about telling people it is my home monitoring device! I work at a high school though, so that's probably not the best answer - LOL!

I've noticed people looking at my arm trying to see what it is, but only a few have actually asked.

Okay, I caved too...

It should arrive by Monday. Here is a bonehead question for ya: If it measures energy output by your current weight, what happens once you've lost weight? Does one keep the GFW current on weight-loss? How is this done?

Also, if I decide I dislike this doo-dad, could I give it to my college age daughter? Could I simply erase my data and input hers?

Thanks~deb

If it measures energy output by your current weight, what happens once you've lost weight? Does one keep the GFW current on weight-loss? How is this done?

I don't think it measures calories based on your weight. I put my weight into my profile 9 weeks ago and have not adjusted it.
It measures your body heat, movements, and steps taken. I know it's pretty accurate based on my readings.

Yes, you can change the profile if you give it to your daughter.

I don't think it measures calories based on your weight. I put my weight into my profile 9 weeks ago and have not adjusted it.
It measures your body heat, movements, and steps taken. I know it's pretty accurate based on my readings.

Yes, you can change the profile if you give it to your daughter.

Wow, okay the GWF gets more interesting as I go here. Good to know that if I don't enjoy using it I can give it to my daughter who is a complete techie.:)

I just sent my honey an e-mail letting him know the price is down even lower! Hoping to get the go ahead to get one! I only ask him because things are a little tight right now having had to pay the government such a huge chunk of my blood this year! Any other time, I wouldn't even have to ask!

Keeping my fingers crossed . . .

Forgot to ask - Does anyone wear the wrist gadget for instant info or do most of you just wear the actual unit? I know it's a lot more if you get both.

Hope hubby lets you get it!

Forgot to ask - Does anyone wear the wrist gadget for instant info or do most of you just wear the actual unit? I know it's a lot more if you get both.

I only have the actual unit and have only had it a week. I upload it sometimes several times a day (it is quick, takes seconds literally) and love it! I don't plan on getting the watch. I lost 4 pounds this week! I am finding some things quite interesting---such as a Leslie Sansone can burn literally up to 9/10 calories a minute for me, similar or more than a good Cathe step workout (and I don't have to feel overly burned out). Today is my 40th birthday and I know I'm going to splurge so I worked out twice to Leslie, logging in just over 2 hours, about 65 minutes each time. I recently checked my calories burned and during each of the sessions I burned over 525 calories! WOW! Plus I have over 16,000 steps already. I love the calorie tracking feature (entering my own meals) and the sleep factor. I noticed I didn't sleep well yesterday or today and I was feeling very tired today. (but early in the week when I got 93% sleep efficiency and averaged about 7:30 hrs of sleep a day, I felt pretty good)

I think this is the best investment yet! :) :) :)

Denise

LOL!
You really should have backed out of this thread.:D

Yeah, me too! I caved and ordered it. Now, what to tell the DH when it arrives. I'm think I'm going with it's "fancy pedometer". It sounds cheaper then fitness monitor or calorie counter.

Can I give myself credit for not buying yesterday when I first stumbled on this thread. I decided to sleep on it see if I still wanted it. Yup!:p

Thought I'd answer this question as I'm a pumper too and have had the GWF since January. I don't really notice the GWF and I do wear it almost every day except for showering and occasional breaks. It doesn't really feel like one more gadget on my body. I can relate to how you feel however what with the pump, my medical ID, and I also wear a sensor sometimes I feel like the bionic woman. However I don't have the display for the GWF for that very reason. I'm happy uploading the data (GWF) and just looking at trends and overall averages rather than specific daily targets for activity.

Diana,
I know what you mean about the bionic woman thing!
I'm going to look into the GWF on amazon. Knowing me, it will be ordered before the day is over!

I thought about telling people it is a new fangled gun holster so they would leave me alone!

Actually only a person in my Kinesiology class asked, and now she wants one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.