About My New Workout Series

Hi Cathe, As always it sounds great and I will be buying it. I must admit I have never done STS. Not that I don't want to, but I haven't been able to do the time commitment it would require (and I haven't bought the series yet). The only other workouts I haven't tackled are the spinning ones because I don't have a spin bike and as someone who used to ride all the time ( my mountain bike has long been out of commission and money is always a factor) I know I would love them. My legs were built for a bicycle.
At any rate this new series sounds like a more feasible STS for me. Maybe someday I won't have to work so much to keep afloat and can commit more time to everything I love to do, especially Cathe workouts.

View attachment 8118

Hi Everyone,

As most of you already know, during the Cathe Virtual Halloween RoadTrip, I had the opportunity to share some details about my newest series with RoadTrip attendees! Since then, I’ve received some questions regarding a series announcement and presale details and I wanted to touch base to give you a little bit of insight and an update on where we stand at this point in time!

First, let me tell you that I am beyond excited about this new series!!! Tentatively titled, STS 2.0: Muscle & Recovery, this series will share some favorite aspects of the original STS series, like a complete strength training focus, but will also be very different in that the workouts will be a bit shorter, we won’t remain within a specific mesocycle phase, and will also include recovery routines within the program itself.

The basic outline of this new series is three complete sets of four workouts each (a total of 12 workouts) which can be utilized alone or as a training program designed to increase strength and endurance and also promote proper recovery of hard-worked muscles. I can’t give you any specific details about the types of workouts themselves right now or the training techniques that I’ll be choosing for this series as I am still testing and working through the details and have not finalized enough to make any claims as to what you will see. I can tell you that each “mini-set” will be unique in and of itself and when the three are used as a complete set it will be a strength training trifecta!

All this being said, I know your main question is, WHEN?! I’m working hard, long hours on this series and at this point, we expect to have presale details and an official announcement early in the new year. It’s always difficult to wait, but I promise it will be well worth it! Get ready to get stronger with STS 2.0: Muscle & Recovery!
This sounds like a great workout can't wait

There will be no questions, suggestions or requests from this quarter as the very idea of STS 2 is MORE than enough. It was my understanding that Cathe would “never” again do a series similar to STS, so this announcement nearly brought me to tears. Have completed the original STS more than once, and I’m currently finishing Meso 1 in a pyramid cycle of the original STS. Looking forward to the updates for STS 2 !!!!!

THANK YOU CATHE!!!!! I have been working out with you and your crew for 2 decades and cannot thank you enough for your excellent inspiring, motivating and effective workouts. I am soooooo looking forward to STS 2.0 and hope the weight training workouts keep on coming! I still love STS, Slow and Heavy, Pure Strength, Pyramid, and Gym Style and am always hoping for more. Because I struggle with maintaining good form, a slower pace is really something I would appreciate, particularly for lower body.
Again, THANK YOU, Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Can you include some cardio workouts (e.g. step, HIIT) which we can use to supplement the strength training programme? It would be great if these cardio workouts could be standalone DVDs/downloads which we can purchase. Can never get enough of Cathe's cardio! Thanks!

I am so excited for this series. I was wondering if you could include movements like Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Hips thrusts, Overhead Press, and Barbell Rows? Thanks!

I'd love some non barbell, knee friendly stuff similar to Boss Loops Glutes & Core or an option for both traditional leg work and loop or barre for those who prefer that type of lower body training. Stability ball thigh and glute work would be great.

In the same vane, a non crunch, non sit up core option, something with less strain on the back and neck.

I'm excited about this. I've never purchased STS because it just seems really overwhelming. A toned-down alternative like this sounds more my pace. That said, I just now finally purchased your XTrain series and I'm looking forward to it. Sometimes it feels like a guilty purchase because honestly with all your other titles and series that I have, I can Frankenstein together a similar approach with them. But it's also just really nice having it all figured out for me in pre-made workouts. Love you, Cathe!

I'm excited about this. I've never purchased STS because it just seems really overwhelming. A toned-down alternative like this sounds more my pace. That said, I just now finally purchased your XTrain series and I'm looking forward to it. Sometimes it feels like a guilty purchase because honestly with all your other titles and series that I have, I can Frankenstein together a similar approach with them. But it's also just really nice having it all figured out for me in pre-made workouts. Love you, Cathe!
You will not be disappointed in XTRAIN. That and ICE are my 2 favorite series from Cathe.

STS is in a Top Class of its own. No other program is like it and it sure "seems really overwhelming."
I know because I didn't purchase it right away when it first came out. I just didn't think it was for me.
The Cathlete conclave here on the Forum soon changed my mind. The more I read about STS's comprehensive program, Cathlete's results, how much they've enjoyed doing the program and the quality, professionalism, I went for it! Excellent series hands down!
You certainly purchased my top 5 series. XTrain is superb. And nonono o_O you can't "Frankienstein together" an XTrain series based on other Cathe's titles and series. The contrast training DVD is unlike any other Cathe DVD. It's such a unique package this series; full of flavor, style, dynamic exercises and a challenging fun factor.
Wishing you continuous successful workouts and happy Cathe days!

Kellyro77
I wished I had just purchased XTRAIN as a set. It's my all around fave Cathe set (even though I enjoy so many of her workouts.) So much that makes the set so versatile.

I totally agree that STS is in a class by itself but too intimidating for someone like me and not likely ever to make it into my collection but that's ok. Not everything is for everyone.

However, this new set she mentions sounds like a real accessible set and a set that would challenge people on every level. WOOT!!

Looking forward to the new set!! :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.